HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,617
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Karen Y, Nadi, dedication, Kevin H, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,348 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Elle] #155875
09/06/13 10:01 PM
09/06/13 10:01 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Elle
James you are revealing your reason to follow the Lord -- so that you won't go thru the lake of fire??? Are you trying to save yourself? That ain't going to work no matter how "obedient" you manage to be by your own strenght, you will still fall short of the mark and end up in the lake of fire as Jesus said His baptism is -- of fire. Everyone will go through the lake of fire(2nd death = repentence) whether they went into it early -- before the judgment day -- or later.

Isaiah 26:9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

You know, there's other reasons to follow the Lord. Not because we first loved Him, but because He Helkuo(drag see usage in BLB) us into harsh discipline.

There's a law in Moses that prophecizes of those the Lord has helkuo & discipline early and it is related to the law of Jubilee.

Exodus 21:1 Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them. 2. If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. 3 If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him. 4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself. 5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free: 6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an awl; and he shall serve him for ever."

I don't have time to expand on this one and I'll leave it for your meditation and potential later discussion. But this is what happened to the first fruits company...they did not go out at the first yearly Jubile sabbath and remain permanent servants(slaves) to the Lord -- their Master.

The Law of Jubilee can be found in Lev. 25. It is based on this principle: that God claims both the land and people as HIS. We are only custodians for a time. He says, "The land shall not be sold permanently, for the land is Mine." (Lev. 25:23) and again, "the children of Israel are servants to Me; they are My servants whom I brought out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God." (Lev. 25:55)

The Law of Jubilee served as a deterrent against exploitation, against slavery, against bondage; it was a means of escape from servitude and pain. It foreshadowed the freedom we will enjoy in Christ and the opportunity granted to the world to escape its bondage to the Devil. We have ONE Master, God; and He is not a tyrant, but someone who forgives, heals and gives life.

The Day of Jubilee was the Day of Atonement, as it is written, "Then you shall cause the trumpet of the Jubilee to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month; on the Day of Atonement you shall make the trumpet to sound throughout all your land. And you shall consecrate the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a Jubilee for you." (Lev. 25:9-10) On that Day, the sin of the congregation was taken away, the scapegoat was taken away, bondage and servitude were taken away, and the people who remained were blessed and set free. As it is written, "If the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." (John 8:36)

But who does the Son set free on the Day of Jubilee? Those who afflict their souls (i.e. sincerely repent of their sins), as it is written, "[the Day] shall be a holy convocation for you; you shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire to the Lord ... any person who is not afflicted in soul on that same day shall be cut off from his people; and any person who does any work on that same day, that person I will destroy from among his people." (Lev. 23:26:32)

It is evident therefore, that the Day of Jubilee had one of two results. Those who sincerely repented, were forgiven, cleansed, set free and inherited the earth under their feet, were returned to their lost possessions. Those who callously disregarded the day were cut off, destroyed, lost, driven away and were never to be see or heard of again. That was the Law of Jubilee.

Last edited by James Peterson; 09/06/13 10:17 PM.
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: James Peterson] #155877
09/06/13 10:52 PM
09/06/13 10:52 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
I have not been following this thread, but if everybody will be saved in the end, this means one can be saved even if he/she lives in sin; why would someone accept Christ and quit sin?

Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: James Peterson] #155879
09/07/13 12:27 AM
09/07/13 12:27 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
TY for this very informative post, which makes sense to me in light of the other Bible references on the Second Death, etc.

Wondering how Elle will respond to it.
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
James you are revealing your reason to follow the Lord -- so that you won't go thru the lake of fire??? Are you trying to save yourself? That ain't going to work no matter how "obedient" you manage to be by your own strenght, you will still fall short of the mark and end up in the lake of fire as Jesus said His baptism is -- of fire. Everyone will go through the lake of fire(2nd death = repentence) whether they went into it early -- before the judgment day -- or later.

Isaiah 26:9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

You know, there's other reasons to follow the Lord. Not because we first loved Him, but because He Helkuo(drag see usage in BLB) us into harsh discipline.

There's a law in Moses that prophecizes of those the Lord has helkuo & discipline early and it is related to the law of Jubilee.

Exodus 21:1 Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them. 2. If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. 3 If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him. 4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself. 5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free: 6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an awl; and he shall serve him for ever."

I don't have time to expand on this one and I'll leave it for your meditation and potential later discussion. But this is what happened to the first fruits company...they did not go out at the first yearly Jubile sabbath and remain permanent servants(slaves) to the Lord -- their Master.

The Law of Jubilee can be found in Lev. 25. It is based on this principle: that God claims both the land and people as HIS. We are only custodians for a time. He says, "The land shall not be sold permanently, for the land is Mine." (Lev. 25:23) and again, "the children of Israel are servants to Me; they are My servants whom I brought out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God." (Lev. 25:55)

The Law of Jubilee served as a deterrent against exploitation, against slavery, against bondage; it was a means of escape from servitude and pain. It foreshadowed the freedom we will enjoy in Christ and the opportunity granted to the world to escape its bondage to the Devil. We have ONE Master, God; and He is not a tyrant, but someone who forgives, heals and gives life.

The Day of Jubilee was the Day of Atonement, as it is written, "Then you shall cause the trumpet of the Jubilee to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month; on the Day of Atonement you shall make the trumpet to sound throughout all your land. And you shall consecrate the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a Jubilee for you." (Lev. 25:9-10) On that Day, the sin of the congregation was taken away, the scapegoat was taken away, bondage and servitude were taken away, and the people who remained were blessed and set free. As it is written, "If the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." (John 8:36)

But who does the Son set free on the Day of Jubilee? Those who afflict their souls (i.e. sincerely repent of their sins), as it is written, "[the Day] shall be a holy convocation for you; you shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire to the Lord ... any person who is not afflicted in soul on that same day shall be cut off from his people; and any person who does any work on that same day, that person I will destroy from among his people." (Lev. 23:26:32)

It is evident therefore, that the Day of Jubilee had one of two results. Those who sincerely repented, were forgiven, cleansed, set free and inherited the earth under their feet, were returned to their lost possessions. Those who callously disregarded the day were cut off, destroyed, lost, driven away and were never to be see or heard of again. That was the Law of Jubilee.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Elle] #155880
09/07/13 12:38 AM
09/07/13 12:38 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
There are a lot of people out there who say their source is the Bible alone in how they interpret it, but that doesn't make their interpretation correct, which is why we have so many contradictory interpretations of the Bible, which is also why God called Ellen White to be the lesser light to lead us to a proper understanding and interpretation of the Greater Light.

The Secret Rapture Doctrine is one BIG example of a wrong interpretation of the Bible by an individual that has infiltrated more than one church denomination. Other examples are the wrong interpretation of what happens to a person immediately after death, the Sabbath-Sunday issue, the Law has been done away issue, etc.

Christ warned us about wrongly dividing the Word of God and following every wind of doctrine. The Serpent wrongly divided the Word of God to Eve and Eve listened and followed that wrong wind of doctrine. The Devil even tried to do the same thing to Christ in the Wilderness, but without success.

Believing that everybody will ultimately be saved in the end and nobody will be lost goes contrary to rightly dividing the Word of God.

If I am wrong, then show me where Christ has told us that we are to interpret the Word of God to what is written in the Law of Moses?

Originally Posted By: Daryl
Seeing this is a forum mainly for Seventh-day Adventists, I prefer a much better source than the one Elle is using to back up her own personal studies and interpretations, and that is the writings of Ellen White, who I believe is God's messenger for these last days in which she is God's lesser light (her writings) leading us to the greater light (the Bible writers).

In other words, if Elle and her source/s go contrary to God's messenger for these last days, I will choose her writings over anyboody's personal studies and interpretations.

Daryl, my source is the Bible and the Bible alone. I've been here 5 years and my post shows this. I do not appreciate the false witness you have just given against me in this post. You have ask me in post #155753 the following
Elle,

Where are you getting all of your interpretations from?

Are your interpretations coming from your own personal and prayerful study, or are you obtaining them from an internet source?
The meaning of the second death, destruction, all man to be saved, the lake of fire being a baptism, no freewill, etc.... the Lord gave me all of this via personal studies. It was via looking up the Hebrew & Greek words and looking up all its occurrences in the Bible to derive the Lord's definition of words that I started to see things differently. I was sharing my studies about this on the forum in Restoration Ministry and Adventist Online. Then a year later, I came across Myron, an SDA, that from his own studies also came to the same understanding over 12 years ago. He came across the studies of Stephen Jones, who is a non-denominationalist who studies the law of Moses. When Myron shared what the studies from the Law of Moses that gave a very strong foundation to what I was seeing elsewhere in scripture. It was an Ephiphany(spelling correct?) moment for me. I then refuse to read Stephen's studies for nearly a year so I wouldn't be influenced by his interpretation. And I branched in studying the law on my own and on AO and over here.

Yes, it is my personal studies, but now I do read Stephen Jones studies too, but will verify all texts and I do not just accept things without verifying and doing my own studying.

You did me wrong and I expect an appology.

At the odd time, I may read other's people thinking or studies at times as anyone does when I read what you or Asygo or anyone says on the forum, but I will verify it all against the Bible as instructed in Deut 13 & Deut 18 and Is 8:20 and Ez 14. I do not rest on others people interpretation like you admitted you do and live off every word they say as if they are infallible like you and most of us SDAs do with EGW. You admit this above by which she and James never approved of that and said it was a Christian duty to study for ourselves the Bible and prove all things from the Bible.

It was that EGW counsel that I took seriously and was my purpose to come here 5 years ago. To prove all things and come to know the Lord's way is still my purpose today. Nothing has changed. The only thing that has changed is I have become more acquainted with the Law and what the Bible says and it is very evident it doesn't say what the SDA denomination has taught us.

Daryl smile

Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Daryl] #155881
09/07/13 01:53 AM
09/07/13 01:53 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: elle
You did me wrong and I expect an appology[sic].

Originally Posted By: elle
no freewill

enuf sed

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Daryl] #155889
09/07/13 09:19 PM
09/07/13 09:19 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
Christ warned us about wrongly dividing the Word of God and following every wind of doctrine. The Serpent wrongly divided the Word of God to Eve and Eve listened and followed that wrong wind of doctrine. The Devil even tried to do the same thing to Christ in the Wilderness, but without success.

Believing that everybody will ultimately be saved in the end and nobody will be lost goes contrary to rightly dividing the Word of God.

If I am wrong, then show me where Christ has told us that we are to interpret the Word of God to what is written in the Law of Moses?

As a man Jesus said this "Mt 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

The Law that Jesus is referring to is the Law of Moses by which Jesus gave to Moses himself. Jesus is attesting in Mat 5:18 that the Law is prophetic and not even a tittle or a jot (which are the smallest pen strokes of the Hebrew character of a word that consititue vowels) will pass without being all fulfill.

Then Jesus gave in the Deut 13 and Deut 18, the Laws how to test prophets who are to be tested against what was already said and taught by Moses. Then this is confirm again in Is 8:20 that says if anyone doesn't speak according to the law, they have no light in them.

Daryl I have already layed the details of these texts in so many discussions for over a year now. For you to come again to ask for proof shows you have refuse to accept the words of Jesus in the Law of Moses because they prove your teachings of men wrong.

Despite you accept Jesus laws or not, the law of Jubilee will be fulfill according to what He spoke to Moses and not one jot or tittle will pass until all is fulfill.

Blessings
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Rosangela] #155890
09/07/13 09:42 PM
09/07/13 09:42 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
I have not been following this thread, but if everybody will be saved in the end, this means one can be saved even if he/she lives in sin; why would someone accept Christ and quit sin?

Is 26:9 says "for when thy judgment are in the earth, all the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness."

This day will come at the Great White throne Judgement when the works of all those from the 2nd ressurection will be individually all judges and the Lord will pass a sentence on them. The sentence will be enforced. There will be no question if whether the judgment of the Lord will be correct...for He knows the truth and has all the evidence and knows what sins these individual commited and their measure of guilt in each action. Each sins will be properly measured with an equivalence of debt with a just sentence (an eye for an eye) according to His fiery Law for each sin ever committed. And then, like our own tribunal court, the sentence will be enforced on these people and they will have to work to pay up all their debts-sins ever committed. This is "the restitution of all things talked about by the prophets since the world began" Act 3:21

By working up to pay their debts as servants while being supervised and employed by their redeemer, they will learn not to steal, not to commit adultery, and etc... restitution will be made towards all victims and the offender will eventually be restore.

Blessings
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Daryl] #155891
09/07/13 09:49 PM
09/07/13 09:49 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
There are a lot of people out there who say their source is the Bible alone in how they interpret it, but that doesn't make their interpretation correct, which is why we have so many contradictory interpretations of the Bible, which is also why God called Ellen White to be the lesser light to lead us to a proper understanding and interpretation of the Greater Light.

The Secret Rapture Doctrine is one BIG example of a wrong interpretation of the Bible by an individual that has infiltrated more than one church denomination. Other examples are the wrong interpretation of what happens to a person immediately after death, the Sabbath-Sunday issue, the Law has been done away issue, etc.

Daryl, I fully agree with you in what you are saying here. Elle has not succeeded in convincing me that her peculiar views are Biblical, even it she feels disappointed in us.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Elle] #155892
09/07/13 10:07 PM
09/07/13 10:07 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland

The Law that Jesus is referring to is the Law of Moses by which Jesus gave to Moses himself. Jesus is attesting in Mat 5:18 that the Law is prophetic and not even a tittle or a jot (which are the smallest pen strokes of the Hebrew character of a word that consititue vowels) will pass without being all fulfill.

Elle, there were no vowel points in Biblical Hebrew when Jesus was here on earth. They were added several hundred years later.

The Law - Ten Commandments - are elsewhere in the Bible referred to as a covenant, and described as such. This is an eternal covenant. I believe that the terms of this covenant is best described by Jesus Himself, as well as by Paul and John.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Johann] #155893
09/07/13 10:41 PM
09/07/13 10:41 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Elle,

Is the Ceremonial Law part of the Law of Moses?

Daryl smile

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!