HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,062 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 46 1 2 43 44 45 46
Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: APL] #156012
09/11/13 01:03 PM
09/11/13 01:03 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: green
Let's start with the "beginning of David's ministry." His beginning was with Goliath. Let's look at just one important question from the story:

Why did David fight Goliath?
Start there and you miss the facts. Israel were a people in apostasy, the did not live by faith. The reason they had a king was because the rejected God. And though they rejected Him, God still worked with them. God works with sinners for their salvation. Did God give rules for polygamy? But did he approve of polygamy? Did God give instruction on how to fight? Yes. The people had rejected God and did not have faith in Him, So to lessen the damage God did give them instructions. Ultimately, did Israel gain the promised land by all their fighting? No.

There are glimpses of what God could have done for His people if they were faithful, such as 2 Chronicles 20, which describes a great victory, and what did jehoshaphat's army do to win it? Have faith and sing in rejoicing. (hm - vs 24 reads a lot like Isaiah 66:24, what might that tell us?)

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: Green Cochoa] #156017
09/11/13 02:06 PM
09/11/13 02:06 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: kland
Can you focus on your comparison of God with David?

I would be happy to.

Let's start with the "beginning of David's ministry." His beginning was with Goliath. Let's look at just one important question from the story:

At first I thought you weren't able to focus, but then I probably am the cause. I should have said, Can you focus on your comparison of God with David regarding the killing of Saul and killing of Uriah?

Now, you could say that you were mistaken and that there is no comparison of what David did to Uriah and what you tried to say God did to Saul.

Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: kland] #156024
09/12/13 02:39 AM
09/12/13 02:39 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
kland and APL,

I have a reason for addressing Goliath. It is related to the case of David's later killing of Uriah. Please bear with me here, and we will get to that in due time. For now,

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: Green Cochoa] #156025
09/12/13 02:45 AM
09/12/13 02:45 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA

Question: Why was David not allowed to build the temple?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: APL] #156028
09/12/13 02:49 AM
09/12/13 02:49 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL

Question: Why was David not allowed to build the temple?

David was a man of blood.

Now answer my question.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: Green Cochoa] #156033
09/12/13 01:04 PM
09/12/13 01:04 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
I have already answered your question above.

Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: APL] #156034
09/12/13 01:14 PM
09/12/13 01:14 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I have already answered your question above.

You evaded it. You didn't answer it. You went on a side-track about other "facts" that seemed of greater interest to you. But if you will not answer it directly, perhaps this demonstrates your willingness to answer anything else on this topic.

That's ok. We all know where you stand. We also know where the Bible and Mrs. White stand.

Mrs. White said this:

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Goliath trusted in his armor. He terrified the armies of Israel by his defiant, savage boastings, while he made a most imposing display of his armor, which was his strength. David, in his humility and zeal for God and his people, proposed to meet this boaster.

Now, since I have found the reason WHY David went to fight with Goliath, let me ask you another question.

When David killed Goliath, was it a sin or a victory for God?

If you believe that it was a sin for David to kill Goliath, do you have evidence to support the concept that this "sin" was a loss to God's cause? If not, would you say there are sins which help God? If so, why would you say this?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: Green Cochoa] #156040
09/12/13 03:12 PM
09/12/13 03:12 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
You evaded it. You didn't answer it. You went on a side-track about other "facts" that seemed of greater interest to you. But if you will not answer it directly, perhaps this demonstrates your willingness to answer anything else on this topic.
Actually, it is your unwillingness to understand that the Bible is telling us. My comment is relevant.
David murdered Goliath. David was an adulterer. Did God work with David and all of Israel? God meets people where they are. IF Israel had trusted God, which they did not, and my comments are relevant, there would have been no need to any fighting on the part of the people. Did you read 2 Chronicles 20? Again, I think not.
If you believe that it was a sin for David to kill Goliath, do you have evidence to support the concept that this "sin" was a loss to God's cause? If not, would you say there are sins which help God? If so, why would you say this?
Was the history of Israel a victory for God????? Do you know the history of Israel? Was it a victory for God? Was Solomon a victory for God? When the kingdom was divided, was this a victory for God? Where they ANY good kings of the Northern kingdom? Not one. Was there victory for God in the kingdom of Judah? It was also taken captive. And after it was restored, it was ultimately destroyed in AD70. Was this a victory for God? There is only one clear cut victory of God and that Was Jesus Christ. And the WHOLE of the OT was speaking of God victory in Jesus Christ. Christ was the promise to Abraham. Only in reading the victory of God in Christ does the OT have any relevance. The OT is mostly a story of failure of the people to represent God. Will history be repeated in our time? Only in reading the OT in light of the cross of Christ does God look good, a God who would work with sinful people, meeting them where they were, trying to win.

Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: APL] #156053
09/13/13 03:33 AM
09/13/13 03:33 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Actually, it is your unwillingness to understand that the Bible is telling us. My comment is relevant.
David murdered Goliath. David was an adulterer. Did God work with David and all of Israel? God meets people where they are. IF Israel had trusted God, which they did not, and my comments are relevant, there would have been no need to any fighting on the part of the people. Did you read 2 Chronicles 20? Again, I think not.
Was the history of Israel a victory for God????? Do you know the history of Israel? Was it a victory for God? Was Solomon a victory for God? When the kingdom was divided, was this a victory for God? Where they ANY good kings of the Northern kingdom? Not one. Was there victory for God in the kingdom of Judah? It was also taken captive. And after it was restored, it was ultimately destroyed in AD70. Was this a victory for God? There is only one clear cut victory of God and that Was Jesus Christ. And the WHOLE of the OT was speaking of God victory in Jesus Christ. Christ was the promise to Abraham. Only in reading the victory of God in Christ does the OT have any relevance. The OT is mostly a story of failure of the people to represent God. Will history be repeated in our time? Only in reading the OT in light of the cross of Christ does God look good, a God who would work with sinful people, meeting them where they were, trying to win.

I'm amazed at your perspective. I'm not sure quite how to respond. I didn't realize how far your thinking had gone. I never expected you to consider David's killing of Goliath as "murder." Wow.

Let me ask this, then: When the Israelites put the inhabitants of Jericho to the sword, did they also commit murder?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: Green Cochoa] #156055
09/13/13 05:05 AM
09/13/13 05:05 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Have you read 2 Chronicles 20?

Where the Israelites armed with weapons when they left Egypt? Where did they get their weapons?

Add to this:
Quote:
So terribly blinded had they become by transgression. The Lord had never commanded them to "go up and fight." It was not His purpose that they should gain the land by warfare, but by strict obedience to His commands. {PP 392.3}

The Israelites should not have had any arms when they went against Jericho, if they truly had faith in God. As surely as they clung to the sword, they came under the inexorable law that declares that all who take the sword will as surely perish by the sword. Their history after Jericho gives the clearest vindication to this principle.

So, the Israelites at Jericho came to a point of decision, a crossroads. They could have let God finish the work of conquest for them, or they could use the brutal sword. Tragically, they made the wrong choice―the one that was the fruit of unbelief. Palestine was not conquered in harmony with God’s principles, compelling force, but according to the Israelites’. Because they still retained His presence and leadership in some parts of their lives, a measure of His power remained among them so that they were often victorious. Apart from that, all He could do was to give them instructions for conducting the war mercifully. There was to be no torturing of their victims, and they were to obliterate specific nations that were given completely over to their own gods, being completely closed to God and the principles of His kingdom. God's plan? Sadly no. god would have delivered the land up to them by different methods had they left the sword alone, Deuteronomy 7:20.

God’s perfect way, which Jesus lived and taught, calls upon the manifestation of that love which never retaliates, always turns the other cheek, goes the second mile, loves all enemies, and does good to those who do evil. Weapons of force have no use under these principles. This requires a real and abiding faith in God to successfully operate. The children of Israel lacked that faith and discarded these ideas as impractical and dangerous. They were, in short, foolishness to them. They could not see how survival was possible under these conditions.

Israel maintained some connection with God and was prepared to obey Him at least in some things, they also insisted on carrying out their own ways, resulting in bloodshed and brutality, which cannot be considered as the perfect display of the righteousness of God.

God’s way does not use force to put down rebellion, and it has no retaliation, no exacting of retributions, no violence, no use of the sword, and, therefore, no killing. Jesus identified this alone as being God’s pattern of behavior by advising that those who did likewise would be like His Father who is in heaven (Matthew 5:48).

Humanity’s way, if left entirely to themselves, is such that they will love their friends but will hit their enemies as hard as they can. The objective is actually to hit them much harder than they hit you so as to convince them permanently that it would be suicidal to launch any further assaults against you. This system of violence for violence continues in fearsome escalation as each seeks to guarantee their own security by the rule of fear.

When God was not able to hold them safely in His way, then He worked to save them from their way. This is why the compromise situation exists. What God is really saying by this is, “Very well, you have made your decision to take the sword and thereby depart from My ways. I cannot change your decision. You made it and in freedom it stands. But I can save you from the worst effects of that choice if you will accept and respect the advice I now give you. Do not be wanton and revengeful killers. Exact only an equal payment for what has been taken from you. Let there be no more than one eye for one eye, and one tooth for one tooth. Meanwhile, I will ever seek to win you back to the way of faith and obedience, back to the pathway where there is no killing or revenge but only the manifestation of My character of love.”

Note that continuing in the middle of permissive will is not the way of salvation. It is only a temporary measure to prevent escalation of violence unto extinction, until such a body of faithful believers may develop in the earth as will understand His perfect way and return to it. These permissive laws are not good. They are not the way of life. They are only a measure of control on wickedness.

The history of that unfortunate nation of Israel, rightly understood, places God in His true light. Whereas there has been the tendency in the past to see Him as being in total control of that nation so that what they did was the expression of His character and will, it becomes very evident that this was not so. Rather, they had stubbornly refused to allow Him His full and rightful place in their community. They had substituted their way in place of His way so that what they did in the slaughter of the wicked was anything but the expression of His character and methods.

I'm not ashamed of the GOSPEL.

Page 45 of 46 1 2 43 44 45 46

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!