HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,637
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, TheophilusOne, Karen Y, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,351 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
PROSTATE CANCER #149583
02/13/13 12:47 AM
02/13/13 12:47 AM
S
Suzanne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2016

Dedicated Member
Calif. USA
Deep fried foods increase risk of developing aggressive prostate cancer by one-third

by John Phillip

(NaturalNews) Prostate cancer will affect one in six men during the course of their lifetime, as nearly a quarter of a million new cases are diagnosed in the U.S. each year. While many cases of the disease remain localized as a growing number of patients adopt a wait and see attitude toward the traditional slash, burn and poison treatment options, aggressive forms of prostate cancer are on the rise, threatening the lives of thousands of men annually.

Despite ever-increasing awareness that diet and cooking methods play a direct role in disease prevention and progression, consumption of overcooked and fried foods continues to increase at an alarming rate. A new research study conducted at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, WA has found that regular consumption of deep fried foods is associated with an increased risk of prostate cancer. Publishing in The Prostate, scientists determined the effect appears to be slightly stronger with regard to more aggressive forms of the disease.

Carcinogens formed when foods are fried dramatically boost prostate cancer risk

Past studies have shown that high heat cooking methods greatly increase the risk of developing not only prostate cancer, but digestive cancers as well. This is the first study to examine how eating fried foods increases the risk of prostate cancer. Study scientists analyzed data from two prior population-based case-control studies involving a total of 1,549 men diagnosed with prostate cancer and 1,492 age-matched healthy controls. Food questionnaires were used to determine consumption of foods including French fries, fried chicken, fried fish and doughnuts. Frequency of eating fried foods was also assessed as part of the overall evaluation.

Researchers found that men who ate one or more of these foods at least weekly had an increased risk of prostate cancer that ranged from 30 to 37 percent. The lead study author, Dr. Janet Stanford commented "The link between prostate cancer and select deep-fried foods appeared to be limited to the highest level of consumption, defined in our study as more than once a week, which suggests that regular consumption of deep-fried foods confers particular risk for developing prostate cancer."

The team determined that frying dramatically increases the formation of advanced glycation end products (AGE's) on the surface of foods that triggers the formation of carcinogens such as acrylamides (found in carbohydrate-rich foods such as French fries), heterocyclic amines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (chemicals formed when meat is cooked at high temperatures), aldehydes and acrolein. Complete avoidance of foods cooked at high temperatures or fried will dramatically lower the risk of developing prostate cancer and other digestive cancers as well.

Sources for this article include:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pros.22643/abstract
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/01/130128142849.htm
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2013-01/fhcr-sfe012813.php

Suzanne

Re: PROSTATE CANCER [Re: Suzanne] #154060
07/10/13 05:15 PM
07/10/13 05:15 PM
S
Suzanne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2016

Dedicated Member
Calif. USA
Researchers at the University of California in San Francisco studied over 4,500 men with prostate cancer that had spread. They found that patients who substituted healthy vegetable fats--such as olive and canola oils, nuts, seeds and avocados--for animal fats and carbohydrates had a markedly lower risk of their cancer turning lethal.

Researcher Erin L. Richman says the findings "support counseling men with prostate cancer to follow a hearth-healthy diet, in which carbohydrate calories are replaced with unsaturated oils and nuts."

Suzanne

Re: PROSTATE CANCER [Re: Suzanne] #154131
07/14/13 04:10 AM
07/14/13 04:10 AM
W
Wendell Slattery  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Veteran Member
Southern California
Suzanne,

In another study they found that sympathetic stimulation by the nervous system promotes prostate cancer while parasympathetic stimulation causes the spread of prostate cancer. The same result likely applies to a number of other cancers as they know that woman with breast cancer do better if they are taking beta blockers, which block sympathetic stimulation by the nervous system. My guess is that this also explains why people with allergies or asthma typically have less cancer than others due to their higher levels of parasympathetic stimulation and reduced sympathetic stimulation, though the reduced T-regulatory cell activity in those patients also contributes toward cancer reduction.

Here is a link for more information: http://www.einstein.yu.edu/news/releases...ing-its-spread/

Re: PROSTATE CANCER [Re: Wendell Slattery] #154272
07/20/13 01:03 AM
07/20/13 01:03 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I thought cancer was based on the acidic versus the non-acidic?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: PROSTATE CANCER [Re: Daryl] #154275
07/20/13 03:37 AM
07/20/13 03:37 AM
W
Wendell Slattery  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Veteran Member
Southern California
Daryl,

There are many influences on the creation of cancer, acidic and basic being just two of them. Genetics, viruses, germs, inflammation, metabolism of chemicals in the gut by bacteria and other things can all play a part in causing cancer.

Re: PROSTATE CANCER [Re: Wendell Slattery] #157028
10/10/13 11:59 PM
10/10/13 11:59 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
TY Wendell for your post that I am looking at now.

Can you, or anybody else, provide sources to what you posted?

I will also be looking for sources on what you posted here.

Daryl smile

Re: PROSTATE CANCER [Re: Wendell Slattery] #157149
10/14/13 10:13 AM
10/14/13 10:13 AM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Originally Posted By: Wendell Slattery
Daryl,

There are many influences on the creation of cancer, acidic and basic being just two of them. Genetics, viruses, germs, inflammation, metabolism of chemicals in the gut by bacteria and other things can all play a part in causing cancer.

Through my first wife's 6 years of battle with cancer I discovered that this is generally the truth. And now at the age of eighty I see how these things influence how my PSA moves up and down.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: PROSTATE CANCER [Re: Johann] #157150
10/14/13 10:19 AM
10/14/13 10:19 AM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
I could add that taking 13 tablets a day of SagaPro, made from arctic angelica, lower my PSA. It is available in North America.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: PROSTATE CANCER [Re: Johann] #157432
10/21/13 01:01 AM
10/21/13 01:01 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I heard that whole wheat as in whole wheat bread, etc. causes inflammation in the blood vessels, etc.

Daryl smile

Re: PROSTATE CANCER [Re: Daryl] #157436
10/21/13 04:48 AM
10/21/13 04:48 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Daryl
I heard that whole wheat as in whole wheat bread, etc. causes inflammation in the blood vessels, etc.

Would that be related to the sprays on the wheat? It seems that wheat often has issues like this, and it contributes to such problems as Crohn's disease, gluten intolerance, celiac disease, etc. as I understand. Corn, because of its husk, is more sheltered and doesn't have so much of a problem.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!