HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,116 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 66 of 104 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 103 104
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: Mountain Man] #157761
10/30/13 05:20 PM
10/30/13 05:20 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: kland
APL, I think I understand what you believe. You believe Jesus has never caused disease, death, or destruction. It is the result of sin,sinners, and evil angels. You also believe Jesus commanded capital punishment and war because the Jews desired it. It was not a compromise.
If Jesus causes disease, death, destruction, of what use do you think Jesus needs of satan?

Jesus also commands holy angels to cause death and destruction. He also commanded holy men to wage war and to execute capital punishment.
If Jesus causes disease, death, destruction, of what use do you think Jesus needs of satan?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157763
10/30/13 05:23 PM
10/30/13 05:23 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Conversely Satan wants to destroy EVERYONE, even those who he sets up as his henchmen. There is nothing good that comes from the destruction Satan wants. ALL good comes from the destruction God employs on the wicked.

Would you be saying that Satan wants to destroy everyone, but God only destroys some people? Either He wants to, or He does things He doesn't want to.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: kland] #157765
10/30/13 06:50 PM
10/30/13 06:50 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"They set the ark upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab. Uzzah and Ahio, sons of Abinadab, drove the cart. David and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of musical instruments. “And when they came to Nachon’s threshing-floor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it. And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah, and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.” Uzzah was angry with the oxen, because they stumbled. He showed a manifest distrust of God, as though he who had brought the ark from the land of the Philistines, could not take care of it. Angels who attended the ark struck down Uzzah for presuming impatiently to put his hand upon the ark of God. {1SP 410.1}

OK. Who destroyed Uzzah?

God or Uzzah?

The angels did God's will for the sake of righteousness.

The same God who destroyed Uzzah for distrusting in His strength also destroyed the Philistines for looking into the Ark.

IT IS SIN THAT DESTROYS! Sin causes God to remove His protection from the wicked and the righteous.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157766
10/30/13 07:14 PM
10/30/13 07:14 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
When men become God's enemies through sin, God removes His protective Spirit, and He uses every means possible to either win them back or destroy them. Righteous angels destroying the wicked is His last line of defense. He has many other ways of accomplishing that end.

Uzzah was someone who was righteous being used by Satan to cause men to fall from distrust. He was inside the protective sphere of God being used by Satan to cause confusion. God had to act with His last line of defense.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157767
10/30/13 08:37 PM
10/30/13 08:37 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
"They set the ark upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab. Uzzah and Ahio, sons of Abinadab, drove the cart. David and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of musical instruments. “And when they came to Nachon’s threshing-floor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it. And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah, and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.” Uzzah was angry with the oxen, because they stumbled. He showed a manifest distrust of God, as though he who had brought the ark from the land of the Philistines, could not take care of it. Angels who attended the ark struck down Uzzah for presuming impatiently to put his hand upon the ark of God. {1SP 410.1}

OK. Who destroyed Uzzah?

God or Uzzah?

The angels did God's will for the sake of righteousness.

The same God who destroyed Uzzah for distrusting in His strength also destroyed the Philistines for looking into the Ark.

IT IS SIN THAT DESTROYS! Sin causes God to remove His protection from the wicked and the righteous.
James - please clarify your position - is it as I have posted above, that the way God destroys is not by exection directly, but in this way, sinners place themselves beyond His protection. God warns, corrects, reproves, and points out the only path of safety; then if those who have been the objects of His special care will follow their own course independent of the Spirit of God, after repeated warnings, if they choose their own way, then He does not commission His angels to prevent Satan's decided attacks upon them. And this is true in all cases. Do you agree?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: APL] #157775
10/31/13 06:10 AM
10/31/13 06:10 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
APL, Did you notice the quote I used says that God's angels destroyed Uzzah?

"And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah, and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.” Uzzah was angry with the oxen, because they stumbled. He showed a manifest distrust of God, as though he who had brought the ark from the land of the Philistines, could not take care of it. Angels who attended the ark struck down Uzzah for presuming impatiently to put his hand upon the ark of God. {1SP 410.1}

These are God's righteous angels striking Uzzah down.

"Israel had been taught to regard the ark with awe and reverence. Only once a year was the high priest permitted to behold the ark of God. Even the heathen Philistines had not dared to remove its coverings. Angels of heaven, unseen, ever attended it in all its journeyings. The irreverent daring of the people at Beth-shemesh was speedily punished. Many were smitten with sudden death. {EP 428.2}

God has destroyed many people for their rebellion and hatred of His people.

God is in charge of hell, not Satan. God is in charge of the wicked being destroyed at the brightness of the second coming of His Son. Righteous angels have lifted their hands to take life for the Father of creation.

But He does some times let Satan or nature do the deed.

So it is both.

"Like Israel of old the wicked destroy themselves; they fall by their iniquity. By a life of sin, they have placed themselves so out of harmony with God, their natures have become so debased with evil, that the manifestation of His glory is to them a consuming fire." {GC 37.1}

"I am instructed that when the Lord’s time comes, should no change have taken place in the hearts of proud, ambitious human beings, men will find that the hand that had been strong to save will be strong to destroy. No earthly power can stay the hand of God. No material can be used in the erection of buildings that will preserve them from destruction when God’s appointed time comes to send retribution on men for their disregard of His law and for their selfish ambition." {CCh 38.2}

"The same destructive power exercised by holy angels when God commands, will be exercised by evil angels when He permits. There are forces now ready, and only waiting the divine permission, to spread desolation everywhere. {GC 614.2}

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157776
10/31/13 06:12 AM
10/31/13 06:12 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I was just corrected that the Philistines did not remove the cover of the Ark. That you Father. In the name of Jesus amen.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: Mountain Man] #157785
10/31/13 05:14 PM
10/31/13 05:14 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: Jesus also commands holy angels to cause death and destruction. He also commanded holy men to wage war and to execute capital punishment.

A: And HOW do holy angels cause death and destruction????

M: Holy angels and evil angels exercise the "same destructive power".

A: As surely as the God of heaven never destroys by direct action, neither do the angels. Therefore, the way in which they exercise those powers is by the withdrawal of their restraint upon them. The released energies pass from an inactive state into one of intense activity and, consequently, of exercise. This is the way in which the powers are brought into active exercise by holy angels when God commands, but it is not the way evil angels exercise them when God permits. Satan and his followers have studied the secrets of the laboratories of nature and the turbulent forces within human beings until they know just how to activate them into destructive intensities. Thus, while God’s angels are working to hold back these fearful elements, Satan and his company are working in the opposite direction. It is the evil powers that are standing by with bloodlust, “now ready, and only waiting the divine permission,” to exercise their destructive power everywhere.

"The same destructive power exercised by holy angels when God commands, will be exercised by evil angels when He permits." I realize you believe this insight must be interpreted to mean holy angels allow evil angels to cause disease, death, and destruction. I appreciate you explaining why. However, my conclusion is different. I do not believe nature is self-acting. It depends on Jesus to act. If Jesus ceased to act nature would cease to act. Jesus permits evil angels to wield nature as a weapon but they cannot empower nature to act. Holy angels exercise destructive power when Jesus commands. Evil angels exercise the same destructive power when Jesus permits.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: kland] #157786
10/31/13 05:20 PM
10/31/13 05:20 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: kland
K: If Jesus causes disease, death, destruction, of what use do you think Jesus needs of satan?

M: Jesus also commands holy angels to cause death and destruction. He also commanded holy men to wage war and to execute capital punishment.

K: If Jesus causes disease, death, destruction, of what use do you think Jesus needs of satan?

Evil angels must be allowed to demonstrate their point of view. Nevertheless, Jesus sets limits and works to ensure evil men and angels do not exceed them.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: Mountain Man] #157787
10/31/13 05:43 PM
10/31/13 05:43 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA

A: And HOW do holy angels cause death and destruction????

M: Holy angels and evil angels exercise the "same destructive power".

A: As surely as the God of heaven never destroys by direct action, neither do the angels. Therefore, the way in which they exercise those powers is by the withdrawal of their restraint upon them. The released energies pass from an inactive state into one of intense activity and, consequently, of exercise. This is the way in which the powers are brought into active exercise by holy angels when God commands, but it is not the way evil angels exercise them when God permits. Satan and his followers have studied the secrets of the laboratories of nature and the turbulent forces within human beings until they know just how to activate them into destructive intensities. Thus, while God’s angels are working to hold back these fearful elements, Satan and his company are working in the opposite direction. It is the evil powers that are standing by with bloodlust, “now ready, and only waiting the divine permission,” to exercise their destructive power everywhere.

"The same destructive power exercised by holy angels when God commands, will be exercised by evil angels when He permits." I realize you believe this insight must be interpreted to mean holy angels allow evil angels to cause disease, death, and destruction. I appreciate you explaining why. However, my conclusion is different. I do not believe nature is self-acting. It depends on Jesus to act. If Jesus ceased to act nature would cease to act. Jesus permits evil angels to wield nature as a weapon but they cannot empower nature to act. Holy angels exercise destructive power when Jesus commands. Evil angels exercise the same destructive power when Jesus permits.
The problem with pantheism is that God becomes the cause of everything. This is what you are saying in your statement just now. However, on the day of final judgment, God will stand clear of blame for the existence or continuance of evil. You can't make that claim.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Page 66 of 104 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 103 104

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!