HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,944 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 104 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 103 104
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: Mountain Man] #157815
11/01/13 03:42 AM
11/01/13 03:42 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: APL
The problem with pantheism is that God becomes the cause of everything. This is what you are saying in your statement just now. However, on the day of final judgment, God will stand clear of blame for the existence or continuance of evil. You can't make that claim.

Jesus commanded Moses to stone sinners to death. Jesus commanded Moses to wage war. I realize you think none of this matters because you believe Jesus was simply accommodating the sinfulness of sinners. I believe otherwise. You also think permitting evil men and evil angels to wreak havoc means Jesus is free of culpability. I believe it means He is in control.
MM - Did God cause sin? He is in control!

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: APL] #157816
11/01/13 03:50 AM
11/01/13 03:50 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
1 Corinthians 15:26 the last enemy is done away--death;

God causes death, Is God the enemy then? May it never be. God will not violate His own law.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: kland] #157817
11/01/13 03:51 AM
11/01/13 03:51 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: kland

"In Malachi it is talking about the people returning to God."

So the ashes that the righteous walk upon represent what then? God in the very last days allows Satan to be their torment, but then God executes atonement justice on Satan and his angels as well as those who have broken the law and not repented.

Satan is not in charge of hell. It is a place of torment in the light of righteousness. To that time Satan will have been used as a form of judgment on those who chose him as king, but then God stops his reign and Satan is forced to appear in the flesh so they can lay hands on him. The abyss is nothing compared to the day of torment for Satan and his train.

If the righteousness of Christ saw sin as such a torment in His three days and nights of hell, imagine seeing that perfect light condemn your every move? This is the second death. Jesus received the judgment of the world as an over-comer, He was also comforted by the word of prophecy, Satan has no such strength. When Satan receives his reward it will not be mixed with mercy. This is the torment of the second death. Satan burns longest.

God puts away their misery by consuming them.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: APL] #157819
11/01/13 04:13 AM
11/01/13 04:13 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA

God causes death, Is God the enemy then? May it never be. God will not violate His own law.

Remember..."Strange act". You do not rightly divide the word of truth APL.

Who holds the seven plagues? One of the angels who holds the seven vials spoke to John and told him the mystery of the Beast and the woman who rides it. This is the same angel who empowers the three angels. Most people these days see scripture with two dimensional vision.

To say that God does not execute justice is like saying Jesus died in vain. Jesus died to execute justice in all righteousness. There is the consequence of death for breaking the law, so if He wanted to save us He would have to die for us because the law demands it.

If you say God does not execute justice it is like saying the 10 commandment law is the law of Satan executing his own justice.

God wrote the 10 commandments. The transgression of that law is what constitutes sin and demands death. Not Satanic law, but the righteous one of God, the one from He who empowers men to keep the commandments.

God's justice is executed against those who have transgressed His law, it just doesn't appear that way to the wicked in the last days when they are given over to strong delusions. God does not appear as a stern judge then, but He does execute justice in the day of wrath.

There are many things that are being misunderstood here.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: APL] #157820
11/01/13 04:25 AM
11/01/13 04:25 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
James - READ The Great Controversy, page 36. UNDERSTAND it!

God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression; but He leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown. Every ray of light rejected, every warning despised or unheeded, every passion indulged, every transgression of the law of God, is a seed sown which yields its unfailing harvest. The Spirit of God, persistently resisted, is at last withdrawn from the sinner, and then there is left no power to control the evil passions of the soul, and no protection from the malice and enmity of Satan. The destruction of Jerusalem is a fearful and solemn warning to all who are trifling with the offers of divine grace and resisting the pleadings of divine mercy. Never was there given a more decisive testimony to God's hatred of sin and to the certain punishment that will fall upon the guilty." {GC 36.1}

If you look at the context to this quote it is the destruction of Jerusalem. And in this same chapter the lords servant says this event is parallel with the end times.

This is a prophecy of what it will be like just before the end of this age. These people are being lulled into a fatal delusion and God doesn't show himself as a wrathful judge to try and win them over, but this does not negate the execution of justice in the fires of hell.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157823
11/01/13 05:02 AM
11/01/13 05:02 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder

Remember..."Strange act". You do not rightly divide the word of truth APL.

Who holds the seven plagues? One of the angels who holds the seven vials spoke to John and told him the mystery of the Beast and the woman who rides it. This is the same angel who empowers the three angels. Most people these days see scripture with two dimensional vision.

To say that God does not execute justice is like saying Jesus died in vain. Jesus died to execute justice in all righteousness. There is the consequence of death for breaking the law, so if He wanted to save us He would have to die for us because the law demands it.

If you say God does not execute justice it is like saying the 10 commandment law is the law of Satan executing his own justice.

God wrote the 10 commandments. The transgression of that law is what constitutes sin and demands death. Not Satanic law, but the righteous one of God, the one from He who empowers men to keep the commandments.

God's justice is executed against those who have transgressed His law, it just doesn't appear that way to the wicked in the last days when they are given over to strong delusions. God does not appear as a stern judge then, but He does execute justice in the day of wrath.

There are many things that are being misunderstood here.
And you are misunderstanding them. Are there two sides to God's Character? The loving side and “His strange act” side? Was not God's dealing with Job a strange act? In the last plagues, is it God causing the death and destruction? It is not God! The law includes the commandment to not kill. God will not violate His own law.

Romans 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

James 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Are the wages of sin, Execution by God? No. But be assured, sinners will die! "God had given a lesson designed to prevent this. The history of Job had shown that suffering is inflicted by Satan, and is overruled by God for purposes of mercy. But Israel did not understand the lesson. The same error for which God had reproved the friends of Job was repeated by the Jews in their rejection of Christ." {DA 471.3} The same error is happening today by those that should know better. God's strange act is when He no longer hold back the results of sin. Everything must be viewed in the light of the example of Christ. He is the truth. He is the true Light that lighteth every man who cometh into the world. Listen to His words, copy His example in self-denial and self-sacrifice, and look to the merits of Christ for the glory in character which He possesses to be bestowed on you.

All that man needs to know or can know of God has been revealed in the life and character of His Son. {8T 286.1} Where in the life of Chist, do we see Him as a destroyer? God is the Restorer, Satan is the destroyer.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: Mountain Man] #157834
11/01/13 02:18 PM
11/01/13 02:18 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
M: Evil angels must be allowed to demonstrate their point of view. Nevertheless, Jesus sets limits and works to ensure evil men and angels do not exceed them.

K: I still seem to be having a problem of how that addresses the question. Does Jesus cause disease, death, destruction or doesn't He? If He does, then why does he need evil angels to do it? And what does setting limits have to do with the issue of whether He causes it or not? That sounds like you are saying He is obligated to work with them, but does set limits they cannot exceed. Like the government rewarding a contractor a job, but telling him exactly what to do.

Jesus doesn't need evil men or evil angels to wreak havoc. He permits them to do so. Job is an example. Setting and enforcing limits means Jesus is in control. They can do nothing without His permission.
And yet still, I seem to be having a problem of how that addresses the question.

Jesus doesn't need evil men or evil angels to wreak havoc because He can do it Himself, but He permits them to do so? Exactly how does that answer whether Jesus causes disease, death, destruction?

Maybe I can ask in another way. Evil angels can cause destructive forces of hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and volcanoes right? And holy angels can restrain destructive forces of hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and volcanoes right?

What would happen if holy angels no longer restrained the destructive forces of hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and volcanoes? Would it be correct to say the same destructive forces exercised by evil angels will be exercised when God commands holy angels to release their restraint?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157835
11/01/13 02:26 PM
11/01/13 02:26 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
k: Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

j: God puts away their misery by consuming them.

Huh?

Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
James - READ The Great Controversy, page 36. UNDERSTAND it!

God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression; but He leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown. Every ray of light rejected, every warning despised or unheeded, every passion indulged, every transgression of the law of God, is a seed sown which yields its unfailing harvest. The Spirit of God, persistently resisted, is at last withdrawn from the sinner, and then there is left no power to control the evil passions of the soul, and no protection from the malice and enmity of Satan. The destruction of Jerusalem is a fearful and solemn warning to all who are trifling with the offers of divine grace and resisting the pleadings of divine mercy. Never was there given a more decisive testimony to God's hatred of sin and to the certain punishment that will fall upon the guilty." {GC 36.1}

If you look at the context to this quote it is the destruction of Jerusalem. And in this same chapter the lords servant says this event is parallel with the end times.

This is a prophecy of what it will be like just before the end of this age. These people are being lulled into a fatal delusion and God doesn't show himself as a wrathful judge to try and win them over, but this does not negate the execution of justice in the fires of hell.
Since it is a parallel, in what way did God execute and destroy Jerusalem?

"as a wrathful judge to try and win them over"
You've been reading Green, haven't you. Are you wrathful to your wife to win her over?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: APL] #157840
11/01/13 04:06 PM
11/01/13 04:06 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: Jesus commanded Moses to stone sinners to death. Jesus commanded Moses to wage war. I realize you think none of this matters because you believe Jesus was simply accommodating the sinfulness of sinners. I believe otherwise. You also think permitting evil men and evil angels to wreak havoc means Jesus is free of culpability. I believe it means He is in control.

A: MM - Did God cause sin? He is in control!

Jesus had two choices - 1) Create free moral agents and deal with the great controversy, or 2) Not create free moral agents and not deal with the great controversy.

I'm surprised you have no problem with Jesus sustaining evil men and evil angels with life. In so doing He is culpable, responsible.

I'm also surprised you have no problem with Jesus commanding holy men to kill criminals and enemy soldiers.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: kland] #157841
11/01/13 04:47 PM
11/01/13 04:47 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: Jesus doesn't need evil men or evil angels to wreak havoc. He permits them to do so. Job is an example. Setting and enforcing limits means Jesus is in control. They can do nothing without His permission.

K: And yet still, I seem to be having a problem of how that addresses the question. Jesus doesn't need evil men or evil angels to wreak havoc because He can do it Himself, but He permits them to do so? Exactly how does that answer whether Jesus causes disease, death, destruction? Maybe I can ask in another way. Evil angels can cause destructive forces of hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and volcanoes right? And holy angels can restrain destructive forces of hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and volcanoes right? What would happen if holy angels no longer restrained the destructive forces of hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and volcanoes? Would it be correct to say the same destructive forces exercised by evil angels will be exercised when God commands holy angels to release their restraint?

Yes, Jesus causes disease, death, and destruction. He employed the forces of nature to cause the Great Deluge. Billions died. He afflicted Moses with leprosy. Nature is not self-acting. If Jesus ceased sustaining nature it would cease to do anything. Objects will not float up or fall down or fly apart. Everything would simply stand still or vanish. As such, evil angels would be unable to use nature to cause fire, flood, earthquakes, tornadoes, disease, or do anything destructive because nature would not respond or exist.

Again, Jesus does not need evil men or evil angels to wreak havoc. Nor does He need to command holy men or holy angels to execute capital punishment or to wage war. Nevertheless, Jesus chooses to command it or to permit it. You keep asking, Why? Probably for the same reason Jesus is giving evil angels life and time to substantiate their accusations against Him and His government.

However, Jesus is in control. Evil angels are not at liberty to wreak havoc at will. They can only do what Jesus permits. He decides the who, what, when, and where. And He works to ensure they do not exceed His limits. Everything that happens happens because He is willing to allow it. Nothing happens without His permission. He is responsible for ensuring everything that happens happens according to His permissive will.

Page 68 of 104 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 103 104

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!