HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 2 invisible), 2,933 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 72 of 104 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 103 104
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157884
11/02/13 09:51 PM
11/02/13 09:51 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Jesus experienced both sides of torment. He experienced being given over to the torment of Satan against righteousness, AND He experienced the wrath of God against sin, EXACTLY like those who will be resurrected in the second resurrection, only billions of times more intense because He experienced it for every person with a conscience that was sensitive to sin.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157885
11/02/13 09:54 PM
11/02/13 09:54 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
APL/ Kland, I know you would see the truth of this matter if you took the time to pray about it and have patience in God showing you the truth.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157886
11/02/13 10:08 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
James - WHAT is God's wrath? Is it like man's wrath or Satan's wrath? YOU seeing this from the world perspective. God does not violate His own law.

Christ in dying the second death, how was the Father involved? Did the Father execute the son? NO. What killed the Son of God? SIN.

He was slain by the sin of the world. {DA 772.2}

Isaiah 53:3-4 He was despised and rejected by others; a man of suffering and acquainted with infirmity; and as one from whom others hide their faces he was despised, and we held him of no account. 4 Surely he has borne our infirmities and carried our diseases; yet we accounted him stricken, struck down by God, and afflicted.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157887
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Here are the two sides of torment in the second death that Jesus suffered for us...

"It was not a dread of the physical suffering he was soon to endure that brought this agony upon the Son of God. He was enduring the penalty of man’s transgression, and shuddering beneath the Father’s frown. He must not call his divinity to his aid, but, as a man, he must bear the consequences of man’s sin and the Creator’s displeasure toward his disobedient subjects. As he felt his unity with the Father broken up, he feared that his human nature would be unable to endure the coming conflict with the prince of the power of darkness; and in that case the human race would be irrecoverably lost, Satan would be victor, and the earth would be his kingdom. The sins of the world weighed heavily upon the Saviour and bowed him to the earth; and the Father’s anger in consequence of that sin seemed crushing out his life. {3SP 95.3}

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157888
11/02/13 10:16 PM
11/02/13 10:16 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
JESUS WAS CARRYING THE SIN OF THE WORLD! So yes sin is what God was angry at, but since it was on the head of His Son it was Jesus who received the wrath.

Those who die the second death are receiving the wrath for their own sins because they didn't accept the sin bearer to take away their quilt. The wrath that Jesus felt is against them and it crushes out their life, this is the fires of God's righteous presence destroying them and Satan, the father of sin.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157889
11/02/13 10:20 PM
11/02/13 10:20 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
APL/ Kland, I know you would see the truth of this matter if you took the time to pray about it and have patience in God showing you the truth.
Why did the Father give His Son? To save us from the Father or from Sin? Matthew 1:21 She will bear a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins."

John 14:9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

All that man needs to know or can know of God has been revealed in the life and character of His Son. {8T 286.1}

Where in the life of Jesus do we see God executing sinners? Do sinners die in the end? YES. WHY? ANSWER: SIN

This is one of the major questions in the great controversy! Why do sinners die? Execution by God or the consequences of sin? The death of Christ answers the question. Had Satan experienced the natural consequences of sin in the beginning, the universe would not have understood this fact. (see PP page 42)

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157890
11/02/13 10:24 PM
11/02/13 10:24 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"While the earth was wrapped in the fire of destruction, the righteous abode safely in the Holy City. Upon those that had part in the first resurrection, the second death has no power. While God is to the wicked a consuming fire, He is to His people both a sun and a shield. Revelation 20:6; Psalm 84:11. {DD 60.2}

God reveals Himself to the wicked and He knows this will destroy them. So for God to willingly destroy the wicked by revealing Himself to them it is an act of destruction and cleansing. This is God's strange act.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: APL] #157891
11/02/13 10:32 PM
11/02/13 10:32 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: APL
Why did the Father give His Son? To save us from the Father or from Sin?

What a shameful argument. Sin caused men to die. Sin caused the wrath of God. Jesus came to free us from sin so we would not have to experience the wrath of the Father. Jesus showed us the love of the Father by coming and taking the wrath on Himself.

Jesus did come to save us from the wrath of the Father through redemption from sin, and cleansing from sin.

He doesn't want sin to ever rise again. We are fallen and have to learn to exist in the presence of righteousness. This is important.

If you say the Father had nothing to do with the death of Jesus you do not know what the Great Controversy is about.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157892
11/02/13 10:35 PM
11/02/13 10:35 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
God has bound our hearts to Him by unnumbered tokens in heaven and in earth. Through the things of nature, and the deepest and tenderest earthly ties that human hearts can know, He has sought to reveal Himself to us. Yet these but imperfectly represent His love. Though all these evidences have been given, the enemy of good blinded the minds of men, so that they looked upon God with fear; they thought of Him as severe and unforgiving. Satan led men to conceive of God as a being whose chief attribute is stern justice,--one who is a severe judge, a harsh, exacting creditor. He pictured the Creator as a being who is watching with jealous eye to discern the errors and mistakes of men, that He may visit judgments upon them. It was to remove this dark shadow, by revealing to the world the infinite love of God, that Jesus came to live among men. {SC 10.3}

God's wrath is His giving up, letting go, and it will destroy sinners in the end. Christ experienced the second death, the hiding of the Fathers face.

But bodily pain was but a small part of the agony of God's dear Son. The sins of the world were upon Him, also the sense of His Father's wrath as He suffered the penalty of the law transgressed. It was these that crushed His divine soul. It was the hiding of His Father's face--a sense that His own dear Father had forsaken Him--which brought despair. The separation that sin makes between God and man was fully realized and keenly felt by the innocent, suffering Man of Calvary. He was oppressed by the powers of darkness. He had not one ray of light to brighten the future. {2T 214.2}

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157893
11/02/13 10:42 PM
11/02/13 10:42 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
“I indeed baptize you in water unto repentance,” said John; “but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire.” Matthew 3:11, R. V., margin. The prophet Isaiah had declared that the Lord would cleanse His people from their iniquities “by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.” The word of the Lord to Israel was, “I will turn My hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin.” Isaiah 4:4; 1:25. To sin, wherever found, “our God is a consuming fire.” Hebrews 12:29. In all who submit to His power the Spirit of God will consume sin. But if men cling to sin, they become identified with it. Then the glory of God, which destroys sin, must destroy them. Jacob, after his night of wrestling with the Angel, exclaimed, “I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” Genesis 32:30. Jacob had been guilty of a great sin in his conduct toward Esau; but he had repented. His transgression had been forgiven, and his sin purged; therefore he could endure the revelation of God’s presence. But wherever men came before God while willfully cherishing evil, they were destroyed. At the second advent of Christ the wicked shall be consumed “with the Spirit of His mouth,” and destroyed “with the brightness of His coming.” 2 Thessalonians 2:8. The light of the glory of God, which imparts life to the righteous, will slay the wicked. {DA 107.4}

You do not know the Great Controversy and are not being motivated by the Spirit of God APL.

Page 72 of 104 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 103 104

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!