HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,062 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 78 of 104 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 103 104
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157984
11/04/13 10:41 PM
11/04/13 10:41 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Originally Posted By: kland
k: Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

j: God puts away their misery by consuming them.

Huh?

Do you think I was talking about the repentant sons of Jacob? We who accept Jesus (the seed) are sons of Abraham. The wrath of God is not against us unless we harden our hearts and forget the source of our deliverance. So why would you include the sons of Jacob in this context?

What I was speaking about are those who are suffering the second death after the second resurrection. God puts them out of their misery by raining fire down to consume them. I was trying to say God consumes them to put their suffering away.

The quote you used from Mal 3:6 is saying the Lord does not need to do this to the righteous. They will not be consumed by God's wrath because they have repented and been forgiven.
How is Malachi 3:6 talking about the righteous? I originally said it was talking about returning to God. That means they hadn't yet.

Mal 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
Mal 3:7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

Quote:

Since it is a parallel, in what way did God execute and destroy Jerusalem?

"as a wrathful judge to try and win them over"
You've been reading Green, haven't you. Are you wrathful to your wife to win her over?

I don't know who Green is. My wife doesn't need to be won over.

I find it interesting that you use a sentence I used in the negative as if I said it in the positive.

I wrote that "God doesn't show himself as a wrathful judge to try and win them over" and you only quote "wrathful judge to try and win them over". Sounds pretty deceptive to me.
No. You said He didn't need to be a wrathful judge to win them over. Meaning, that it could be a way to win them over, meaning it was the way He did in the past, but now at the end, he doesn't win them over by being a wrathful judge, but consumes them by being a wrathful judge. Is that not what you said?

Quote:
You keep looking at the outward signs, instead of the intent Kland and APL.
And I think that's the point we are trying to make. The outward signs, the outward action, you are saying that if satan does it, it's bad, but if God does the exact same thing, it's "good".

Quote:
If God says "I will destroy the wicked" then He withdraws His protection and makes a way to send Rome to destroy them, who are you to say God did not destroy them? He said Himself that He did it.
So are you saying Rome had no free will?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157985
11/04/13 10:42 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
You both should watch what you say from this point on because there is not much time for you to repent of heresy in the name of God.

If you are responsible for teaching others this heresy then it will be even worse for you, and you should do all that you can to prayerfully correct the errors of Satan that you have taught.
And is the "heresy" we are teaching is that God is Love, God is not changing, God is not the Destroyer? And to repent, we should have a more hostile view of God?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157986
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
It's not just the enemy who uses the forces of nature to bring destruction upon the wicked.
That's because God and satan work together to bring destruction upon people, right?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: Mountain Man] #157987
11/04/13 10:49 PM
11/04/13 10:49 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Yes, Jesus causes disease, death, and destruction.
So how do you deal with this?

Sickness, suffering, and death are work of an antagonistic power. Satan is the destroyer; God is the restorer. {MH 113.1}

Quote:
Nature is not self-acting. If Jesus ceased sustaining nature it would cease to do anything. Objects will not float up or fall down or fly apart. Everything would simply stand still or vanish.
Hmmm. Maybe you disagree with "entropy". Maybe I should ask you what "sustain" means to you.

Quote:
Again, Jesus does not need evil men or evil angels to wreak havoc. Nor does He need to command holy men or holy angels to execute capital punishment or to wage war. Nevertheless, Jesus chooses to command it or to permit it. You keep asking, Why? Probably for the same reason Jesus is giving evil angels life and time to substantiate their accusations against Him and His government.

However, Jesus is in control. Evil angels are not at liberty to wreak havoc at will. They can only do what Jesus permits. He decides the who, what, when, and where. And He works to ensure they do not exceed His limits. Everything that happens happens because He is willing to allow it. Nothing happens without His permission. He is responsible for ensuring everything that happens happens according to His permissive will.
So indeed, you would agree with insurance companies that "it is an act of God"? Anything bad that happens in this world is because God willed it? But he may use others to accomplish his will like little puppets on a string?

Isn't there somewhere in the Bible that God sent armies to destroy God's people, and then he later punished those armies? What about that? They were only being His puppets controlled by Him and then He punishes them. Your God seems a little irrational and tyrannical, don't you think? But you justify such behavior, even if it is indistinguishable from Hitler and the like, by saying it is from God so it must surely be right.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157988
11/04/13 10:52 PM
11/04/13 10:52 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
You do not understand the intent of God.
You've said that several times. Are you trying to say the ends justifies the means?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157989
11/04/13 10:56 PM
11/04/13 10:56 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Yes and Jesus experienced just what the wicked will experience, so the fullness of what God designed as His wrath is fulfilled in the second death experience. Jesus fulfilled what was fortold by him and the Father at the fall of man, perfectly fulfilled at the exact moment God ordained it. Executed by the Father withdrawing His presence.
And you disagree with this? Seems like this is what APL has been saying.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: asygo] #157990
11/04/13 11:02 PM
11/04/13 11:02 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: asygo
Originally Posted By: asygo
[quote=APL]To try to make asygo's metaphor work, think more of a father working with his child for years. But when the child is 70 years old, does the father still need to take the knife out of the child's hand?

Two problems:

1. If I was the father, and my son is playing with a knife, you better believe he'll be punished long before he hits 70.

2. God doesn't take the knife from our hands. He wants us to let go of the knife because we trust that His commands are for our good, even if we don't understand why. That's the plan of redemption. The kid throwing a tantrum because his father took away his knife knows nothing of the Gospel. And if you think humanity is wiser than that, look for a baby who cries uncontrollably after having a piece of garbage taken out of its mouth. Then consider how many throw a tantrum when they can't commit a sin they love.
But do you kill your son as punishment? Or do you agree killing cannot be "punishment"?

Killing is not punishment in terms of educating the guilty. However, it can certainly be educational for others. See Nadab and Abihu.
[/quote] Ok, so do you kill your son for educating your other children what will happen to them if they should dare play with knives?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157991
11/04/13 11:09 PM
11/04/13 11:09 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Is an earthly judge a murderer if he sentences a man to death?

You are not getting the picture.
Are the people carrying out the Inquisition not murderers if they are "only following orders"? If you were on the jury and you sentenced someone to death, would you not be guilty of breaking the 10 commandments?

What is your distinction between murder and killing?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: kland] #157993
11/05/13 12:01 AM
11/05/13 12:01 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Yes and Jesus experienced just what the wicked will experience, so the fullness of what God designed as His wrath is fulfilled in the second death experience. Jesus fulfilled what was fortold by him and the Father at the fall of man, perfectly fulfilled at the exact moment God ordained it. Executed by the Father withdrawing His presence.
And you disagree with this? Seems like this is what APL has been saying.

I wanted him to know I also believed this. He had made it sound like I didn't agree with this so I clarified. I have a whole blog about the second death of Jesus in Gethsemane.

So yes we agree on this point but he seems to think this supports his premise that God doesn't execute justice. The fact that Jesus HAD to go through that experience to redeem us supports the fact that God has ordained this sentence against sin. God isn't saying "this will spontaneously happen", He is saying "I will do this".

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: kland] #157995
11/05/13 12:10 AM
11/05/13 12:10 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Is an earthly judge a murderer if he sentences a man to death?

You are not getting the picture.
Are the people carrying out the Inquisition not murderers if they are "only following orders"? If you were on the jury and you sentenced someone to death, would you not be guilty of breaking the 10 commandments?

What is your distinction between murder and killing?

I am talking about being judged by the established protestant legal system ordained by God in America and you turn it to the Inquisition? No one who was guided by the Spirit of God were part of that bloodbath. So I would hope it would be acknowledged that they would not be the ideal example to go to in light of the deliverance through Christ.

I wouldn't even use the Judgment inside the General Conference to compare.

The United States has for the most part, been the most fair legal system on earth since the days of the Judges in Israel.

So lets leave the image there please. Do you consider the execution of the judgment of a US court Judge to execute a murderer sentenced to death with every avenue of appeal exercised, do you consider him a murderer?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Page 78 of 104 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 103 104

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!