HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,252 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 102 1 2 3 4 5 101 102
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #158850
11/29/13 10:01 AM
11/29/13 10:01 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
In some accounts of the Testimonies the Holy Spirit is said to do a given task, in other accounts the Holy angels are given the credit, which one is correct? Are they in opposiostion to each other, or could it be proven that both statements are correct? That both the angels and the Holy Spirit accomplished the end. The Holy Spirit through heavenly angels do the will of the Father after Jesus lovingly commands it in the name of the Father. A line of command embued with the power of the one who sent them.

There is a similar seeming paradox in the destruction of the wicked. In the destruction of the wicked we find as many statements that God has in the past destroyed the wicked through his holy angels or men or catastrophic events and will rain fire on them, as we do that He is not to be presented as an executioner. Which one is correct? They both are.

When there is such a seeming paradox in the record about the Character of God it is very important to acknowledge that we may never know all the variables of the mystery, but our devotion to God, to know Him, if motivated by the Spirit of truth should make us very reluctant to try to discount any of His word to prove our point.

APL seems to think that because the end of the wicked is destruction, God could never even be part of the event because He is creative not destructive. But what he presents dicounts the "strange act" and tries to erace this from scripture. There are a few writings in the testimonies that seem to support his stand but they can as easilly be explained in light of the plain statements of scripture that contradicts what he is saying.

But what does APL do with the hundreds of statements in scripture and the Testimonies that plainly state that God sent an angel or men to kill, or that He breaths fire on the wicked for their final destruction? There is a ballance that he seems predjudice against.

Also; After his fall Satan and his angels were already in the abyss where nothing of God exists. They were "cut off" from the presence of the source of life, God on His throne, and from the tree of life, but not extinguished themselves. The only access they had to light was at the tree of the knowledge of Good and evil where satan manifested to Eve as a serpent. They were let out of their prison and were permitted to come here. Demons are terrified of the abyss and would rather be put in the body of pigs than go there again, especially before their "time" because they can see what scripture says.

Before he fell from heaven Lucifer had time to repent like we do, but after being cast out of heaven he had already passed his probation. Is God with men who are past their probation? Only by allowing the rain to fall and sun to light their world, but not in support.

It is recorded in the book that Satan was fully cast out of heaven since the death of Christ on the cross, that there is no more contact from God. No more counsels he could be privy to. At the execution of the Son of God that was it. He receives no more support of any kind from any source other than his own minion.

I fully agree that Satan has destroyed himself and his followers, and everything they accomplish to the end of their own destruction is as a result of sin. All of the mystery of sin is manifested in the life of Satan.

But Satan dwells here though, so God could not destroy him without destroying us also and He wants to save as many of us as possible. God is allowing the contraversy to prove without a shadow of a doubt that sin destroys and God cannot allow it to survive so He interveigns and delivers us from it's grip. Jesus had to come as a baby, subject to His own creation, to come to the devils territory to expose him, to take back what Satan had usurped.

God does not destroy Satan until the whole universe proclaims his guilt after the books have been examined. The strange act is God's portion but it is none-the-less an act of God, so APL should be as careful about discounting God's word on the matter as he says we should be about attributing to God destructive atributes.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #158857
11/29/13 03:22 PM
11/29/13 03:22 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
jsot - QUOTE - EGW: "God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression". {GC 36.1} What is the sentence against transgression? The second death. Then shall they that obey not the gospel be consumed with the spirit of His mouth and be destroyed with the brightness of His coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:8. Like Israel of old the wicked destroy themselves; they fall by their iniquity. By a life of sin, they have placed themselves so out of harmony with God, their natures have become so debased with evil, that the manifestation of His glory is to them a consuming fire. {GC 37.1} Like Israel of old, the wicked - destroy themselves.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #158861
11/29/13 05:00 PM
11/29/13 05:00 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: APL
M: What is your definition of sin? Please use it to answer the 7 questions posted above.

A: Sin is transgression of the law. What law? Galatians 3 says that law was added because of transgression. What law was added, EGW says, BOTH the ceremonial law and the moral law of 10 commandments. And she says, in particular the moral law. So if sin is transgression of the law, but the 10 commandments were added because of transgression, then we can't use circular logic to say that sin is transgression of the 10 commandments. Yet the 10 commandments do point out sin! The law that was transgressed was the very law of our being, how we were made was changed, a change to God's workmanship. This you can not do. The system is to finely tuned and not one jot or tittle can be changed, or else the system will ultimately fail and collapse. The system will die. The result of transgression is death. Telling lies is just a symptom of the underlying disease of sin. The simple telling of a lie is not the main problem, it is the underlying transgression of the system that is the cause of the destruction. Your simple example of telling a lie and whack, your dead, is too simplistic and does not view the system as a whole. This is also why lying, adultery, coveting, idolatry and killing are all part of the same issue and are not cleanly separable as you would like them to be. They are not apples and oranges.

Yes, sin is a systemic problem. No doubt about it. Now, please answer the questions with this definition in mind. Thank you.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #158862
11/29/13 05:01 PM
11/29/13 05:01 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
APL, please respond to 158783, 84. Thank you.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #158868
11/30/13 03:11 AM
11/30/13 03:11 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
APL,

1. Why didn't Eve die the instant she sinned?
2. Why didn't Adam die the instant he sinned?
3. What is preventing evil angels from dying?

Quote:
The law of God existed before the creation of man or else Adam could not have sinned. After the transgression of Adam the principles of the law were not changed, but were definitely arranged and expressed to meet man in his fallen condition. Christ, in counsel with His Father, instituted the system of sacrificial offerings; that death, instead of being immediately visited upon the transgressor, should be transferred to a victim which should prefigure the great and perfect offering of the Son of God. {1SM 230.1}

4. Please explain "or else Adam could not have sinned".
5. Please explain "death, instead of being immediately visited upon the transgressor".

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #158870
11/30/13 03:41 AM
11/30/13 03:41 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: asygo
Jsot asks, Is Satan cut off from God now? No. If Satan were completely cut off, He would die. This in integral the the issues in the great controversy.

So all this time, God is keeping Satan alive artificially, letting him suffer thousands of years' worth of sin. All for the sake of the Great Controversy. I thought you didn't believe God would do that.

And I thought you believed that people like Korah died because God HAD to leave them unprotected from natural forces and they died by natural causes. How come God can continue to protect Satan all these years, but not Korah?
Perhaps you have not read Patriarchs and Prophets chapter 1 recently. To that I would as Great Controversy Chapter 29.

So, God has something to do with Satan's continuing suffering. And those who separate from Him don't necessarily die, unless He wants them to. And I thought you were saying God has nothing to do with suffering and death.

"There is a divinely appointed connection between sin and disease."

Yes, God has something to do with it; things don't just happen.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: asygo] #158871
11/30/13 06:08 AM
11/30/13 06:08 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
APL says that Jesus did not die in Gethsemane, I beg to differ.

Quote:
James - Gethsemane and the cross are linked. Christ was suffering the separation in Gethsemane, but who was watching? No human one on earth! Christ did not die in Gethsemane. He remained very much alive. The final separation occurred on the cross.

"Angels beheld the Saviour’s agony. They saw their Lord enclosed by legions of satanic forces, His nature weighed down with a shuddering, mysterious dread. There was silence in heaven. No harp was touched. Could mortals have viewed the amazement of the angelic host as in silent grief they watched the Father separating His beams of light, love, and glory from His beloved Son, they would better understand how offensive in His sight is sin. {CSA 33.7}
The worlds unfallen and the heavenly angels had watched with intense interest as the conflict drew to its close.... {CSA 33.8} Christ’s agony did not cease, but His depression and discouragement left Him. The storm had in nowise abated, but He who was its object was strengthened to meet its fury. He came forth calm and serene. A heavenly peace rested upon His bloodstained face. He had borne that which no human being could ever bear; for He had tasted the sufferings of death for every man.... {CSA 33.9}

The point is that there are two parts to the second death. Jesus in Gethsemane tasted THE death that every man will suffer in the second resurrection. He fell to the ground dying from the anguish but the angel came and resussitated and strengthened him, then he died physically on the cross.

The first thing Peter quoted when under the power of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost was the book of Joel, saying the Spirit of Prophecy was upon him in his address to the people of every tongue, then he quoted David;

"Peter did not refer to the teachings of Christ to prove his position, because he knew that the prejudice of his hearers was so great that his words on this subject would be of no effect. Instead, he spoke to them of David, who was regarded by the Jews as one of the patriarchs of their nation. “David speaketh concerning Him,” he declared: “I foresaw the Lord always before My face, for He is on My right hand, that I should not be moved: therefore did My heart rejoice, and My tongue was glad; moreover also My flesh shall rest in hope: because Thou wilt not leave My soul in hell, neither wilt Thou suffer Thine Holy One to see corruption.... {AA 41.3}
“Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulcher is with us unto this day.” “He ... spake of the resurrection of Christ, that His soul was not left in hell, neither His flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.” {AA 42.1}

God would not leave the soul of Jesus in Hades, the place of the spiritually dead, the second death, nor would the Father allow the body of Jesus to see corruption in the grave. TWO distinct phases to the death of Christ foretold by David and addressed in the first outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Makes sense this would also be a part of the Latter rain message.

There are two phases to the death of the wicked. Jesus suffered them both.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #158872
11/30/13 06:16 AM
11/30/13 06:16 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
And yes the wicked are destroyed by the Father revealing Himself, but there is a conscious act of cleansing in the revelation of the Father.

The righteous have been prepared for the revelation of the Father when the fire falls from heaven to cleanse the earth, the wicked have not, so for the Father to reveal Himself he knows this will destroy the wicked. The curse is pronounced and then the fire from the presence of the Father destroys the wicked, an act of cleansing. His strange act.

He knows it will destroy the wicked to reveal Himself, but this must be done to assure that sin will never arise again.

So how is this not a determined act of the Father?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #158875
11/30/13 07:23 AM
11/30/13 07:23 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
And yes the wicked are destroyed by the Father revealing Himself, but there is a conscious act of cleansing in the revelation of the Father.

The righteous have been prepared for the revelation of the Father when the fire falls from heaven to cleanse the earth, the wicked have not, so for the Father to reveal Himself he knows this will destroy the wicked. The curse is pronounced and then the fire from the presence of the Father destroys the wicked, an act of cleansing. His strange act.

He knows it will destroy the wicked to reveal Himself, but this must be done to assure that sin will never arise again.

So how is this not a determined act of the Father?
james - the Spirit of Prophesy says: "God destroys no man." {COL 84.4}

The Spirit of Prophesy says: "God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression". {GC 36.1} What is the sentence against transgression? The second death. Then shall they that obey not the gospel be consumed with the spirit of His mouth and be destroyed with the brightness of His coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:8. Like Israel of old the wicked destroy themselves; they fall by their iniquity. By a life of sin, they have placed themselves so out of harmony with God, their natures have become so debased with evil, that the manifestation of His glory is to them a consuming fire. {GC 37.1}

Don't reject the Spirit of Prophesy.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #158877
11/30/13 09:06 AM
11/30/13 09:06 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Yes it says God destroys no man, and it also says He breaths fire on the wicked, which one is true?

They both are.

It is not God's fault that anyone parish. He has done everything He could to prevent that. It is most definetely the fault of the wicked that they are destroyed. But even those who never had the chance to reject God, kept in slavery, will be destroyed. They disappear as if they never were born.

Quote:
I saw that the slave master [see Appendix.] will have to answer for the soul of his slave whom he has kept in ignorance; and the sins of the slave will be visited upon the master. God cannot take to heaven the slave who has been kept in ignorance and degradation, knowing nothing of God or the Bible, fearing nothing but his master’s lash, and holding a lower position than the brutes. But He does the best thing for him that a compassionate God can do. He permits him to be as if he had not been, while the master must endure the seven last plagues and then come up in the second resurrection and suffer the second, most awful death. Then the justice of God will be satisfied. {EW 276.1}

There is a predetermined pattern of the destruction of the wicked, foretold and prophesied about by God, which they brought upon themselves.

Page 3 of 102 1 2 3 4 5 101 102

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!