HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,606
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 3,104 guests, and 21 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Soft Drinks, Colas [Re: Green Cochoa] #175900
08/06/15 10:47 AM
08/06/15 10:47 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: Naphtali
2 Gallons of Coke per day? I don't even drink 1 gallon of anything. In fact, I don't drink much more than a half gallon a day. With anything, the key is to use moderation. I might have a soda every now and then, but I certainly don't consume it everyday and usually go weeks between having any. My main beverage is filtered water.

I agree, balance is important. I use distilled water where I am because there is considerable toxic risk of the well water here. I probably have a soda or two a year--depending on circumstances. It's a much better beverage to accept than beer when I'm in the community!

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Amen to that Green.

Now, I do have clean enough bottled water to drink where I am, but the SDA's here have little conviction or integrity. I remember when I first arrived here, I just ate whatever they put in front of me because I trusted my Adventist brothers and sisters. I later found out some of the food had blood in it and one of the drinks literally had worm in it.

I always bring my own food when I eat with SDA's anymore.

Re: Soft Drinks, Colas [Re: Alchemy] #175966
08/10/15 06:41 PM
08/10/15 06:41 PM
S
Suzanne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2016

Dedicated Member
Calif. USA
Drinking Soda Causes Diabetes Even In People Who Aren't Obese, Study Finds

by David Gutierrez, staff writer

(NaturalNews) Drinking sugar-sweetened beverages such as sodas can increase the risk of type 2 diabetes even in people of healthy weight, according to a study conducted by researchers from Cambridge University and published in the British Medical Journal.

The study also found an increased (though smaller) risk in people who consumed artificially sweetened, "diet" beverages.

Scientists have long known that consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages is associated with increased diabetes risk, but they have assumed the risk occurred only in overweight people or others showing symptoms of metabolic syndrome - a cluster of symptoms, including central obesity, linked with diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

"This study adds further evidence that sugary drinks are associated with increasing the risk of type 2 diabetes, even in non-obese people, suggesting we are all vulnerable," said Aseem Malhotra, spokesperson for Action on Sugar, who was not involved in the study. "They are linked to tens of thousands of deaths worldwide from type 2 diabetes, heart disease and cancer. If these health time bombs were eliminated from the food supply, UK citizens would be in far better shape."

All sweetened drinks are dangerous

The researchers from the current study suspected that sugary drinks alone might be enough to cause diabetes, because their high sugar content causes the types of spikes in blood sugar levels believed to contribute to the development of insulin resistance. In order to see if there was a connection between the drinks and the disease, the researchers conducted a meta-analysis of 17 prior observational studies, none of them industry funded.

The results showed significantly higher rates of type 2 diabetes among people who regularly consumed sugar-sweetened beverages. Rates were also higher among people who drank fruit juice or artificially sweetened drinks, but the connection was weaker.

"Unsweetened tea or water may be the healthy option," researcher Fumiaki Imamura said.

If one assumes that the sugary drinks actually caused the elevated rates of diabetes seen in the study, the researchers write, then "the current consumption of sugar sweetened beverages was estimated to cause approximately 2 [million] excess events of type 2 diabetes in the USA and 80,000 in the UK over 10 years. This could cost nearly [$19 billion] in the USA and [$321 million] in the UK."

Cut back for your health

The study fits into a growing global health effort to get people to cut back on consumption of sugary drinks. Just days before the study's publication, the United Kingdom's scientific advisory committee on nutrition said that sugar consumption should be cut back to no more than 5 percent of a person's caloric intake. The report singled out sugary carbonated beverages in particular as a source of unnecessary sugar.

In June, a similar warning was issued in a paper conducted by researchers from Tufts University and published in the journal Circulation. That study concluded, based on a survey of worldwide sugar consumption, that sugary drinks kill nearly 200,000 people per year: 6,450 from cancer, 45,000 from cardiovascular disease and 133,000 from diabetes.

"This is not complicated," senior author Dariush Mozaffarian said. "There are no health benefits from sugar-sweetened beverages, and the potential impact of reducing consumption is saving tens of thousands of deaths each year."

The message is clear: Regular consumption of sugary drinks places your health at risk.

In response to the Cambridge paper, Alasdair Rankin, director of research at Diabetes UK, said, "We would advise people to limit the amount of sugary drinks they have as part of a healthy diet in order to reduce their risk of type 2 diabetes. There is very strong evidence that a healthy diet, together with regular physical activity, can help maintain a healthy weight and so help prevent type 2 diabetes."

Sources:

http://www.theguardian.com

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/06/150629162646.htm

http://www.blacklistednews.com

Suzanne

Re: Soft Drinks, Colas [Re: Suzanne] #177544
10/20/15 12:05 AM
10/20/15 12:05 AM
S
Suzanne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2016

Dedicated Member
Calif. USA
Coca-Cola and Pepsi Contribute To Nearly 200,000 Deaths Every Year

(NaturalNews) Sugary drinks such as Coke and Pepsi kill nearly 200,000 people per year worldwide, according to a study conducted by researchers from Tufts University and published in the journal Circulation.

The numbers are based on prior studies showing that sugar consumption can lead to heart disease, diabetes and cancer.

"Many countries in the world have a significant number of deaths occurring from a single dietary factor - sugar-sweetened beverages," senior author Dariush Mozaffarian said.

"It should be a global priority to substantially reduce or eliminate sugar-sweetened beverages from the diet,"

The study's abstract was previously presented at the American Heart Association Council on Epidemiology and Prevention in 2013.

U.S. has one of highest death rates

The study is the first to take a detailed look at the global health impact of consuming beverages sweetened with sugar. It focused exclusively on any sodas, fruit drinks, sports drinks, energy drinks, teas or homemade drinks sweetened with some form of sugar and containing at least 50 calories per 8-ounce serving. Due to its different nutrient content, 100 percent fruit juice (not artificially sweetened) was excluded from the study.

The researchers used 62 separate dietary surveys conducted on a total of 611,971 people in 51 countries between 1980 and 2010 to estimate sugar consumption country-by-country. They combined this with data on how available sugar is in 187 different countries, in order to calculate variation in sugar consumption both between and within countries.

Drawing on prior studies delineating the health effects of consuming sugar-sweetened beverages, the researchers determined the effect that the sugar consumption they had calculated would have on death rates from cardiovascular disease, cancer and diabetes. They concluded that in 2010 alone, sugar-sweetened beverages killed 6,450 people from cancer, 45,000 from cardiovascular disease and 133,000 from diabetes, for a total of nearly 185,000 deaths.

Although 76 percent of the deaths from sugar-sweetened drinks occurred in middle- and low-income countries, the United States came in second among the 20 most populous countries in terms of per-capita deaths, at 125 per million adults. It was surpassed only by Mexico, which had 405 deaths per million adults.

"This is not complicated," Mozaffarian said. "There are no health benefits from sugar-sweetened beverages, and the potential impact of reducing consumption is saving tens of thousands of deaths each year."

Sugar among top killers

The findings follow a recent scorching editorial in the British Journal of Sports Medicine, in which scientists accused the fast food industry of using the Big Tobacco playbook to distract people from the lethality of their products. Specifically, the authors referred to a study showing that for every 150 calories from sugar present in a country's diet, type 2 diabetes rates increase elevenfold. According to another recent study in the Lancet, poor diet causes more disease than smoking, alcohol and physical inactivity combined.

According to the Tufts study, the United States suffers 25,000 deaths per year directly attributable to sugar-sweetened beverages. This is nearly the same as the 30,000 to 40,000 people killed in automobile crashes each year (according to a recent study by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, 1,600 of those deaths are caused just by distracted teenage drivers).

Contrast these very real killers with the diseases portrayed as major threats in media reports. Only 20 people died from whooping cough (pertussis) in the United States in 2012, the most deadly year since 1955. There has been just a single measles death since 2003 (even prior to vaccination, measles killed only 500 a year). And while the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention likes to claim that 36,000 people per year die from the flu, data from the National Vital Statistics System actually place the true number at closer to 500.

Sources:

http://pix11.com

http://www.naturalnews.com/049647_obesity_junk_food_diet.html

http://www.naturalnews.com

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s1105.pdf

Suzanne

Re: Soft Drinks, Colas [Re: Suzanne] #177830
11/07/15 09:02 AM
11/07/15 09:02 AM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Suzanne
Coca-Cola and Pepsi Contribute To Nearly 200,000 Deaths Every Year

(NaturalNews) Sugary drinks such as Coke and Pepsi kill nearly 200,000 people per year worldwide, according to a study conducted by researchers from Tufts University and published in the journal Circulation.

The numbers are based on prior studies showing that sugar consumption can lead to heart disease, diabetes and cancer.

"Many countries in the world have a significant number of deaths occurring from a single dietary factor - sugar-sweetened beverages," senior author Dariush Mozaffarian said.

"It should be a global priority to substantially reduce or eliminate sugar-sweetened beverages from the diet,"

The study's abstract was previously presented at the American Heart Association Council on Epidemiology and Prevention in 2013.

U.S. has one of highest death rates

The study is the first to take a detailed look at the global health impact of consuming beverages sweetened with sugar. It focused exclusively on any sodas, fruit drinks, sports drinks, energy drinks, teas or homemade drinks sweetened with some form of sugar and containing at least 50 calories per 8-ounce serving. Due to its different nutrient content, 100 percent fruit juice (not artificially sweetened) was excluded from the study.

The researchers used 62 separate dietary surveys conducted on a total of 611,971 people in 51 countries between 1980 and 2010 to estimate sugar consumption country-by-country. They combined this with data on how available sugar is in 187 different countries, in order to calculate variation in sugar consumption both between and within countries.

Drawing on prior studies delineating the health effects of consuming sugar-sweetened beverages, the researchers determined the effect that the sugar consumption they had calculated would have on death rates from cardiovascular disease, cancer and diabetes. They concluded that in 2010 alone, sugar-sweetened beverages killed 6,450 people from cancer, 45,000 from cardiovascular disease and 133,000 from diabetes, for a total of nearly 185,000 deaths.

Although 76 percent of the deaths from sugar-sweetened drinks occurred in middle- and low-income countries, the United States came in second among the 20 most populous countries in terms of per-capita deaths, at 125 per million adults. It was surpassed only by Mexico, which had 405 deaths per million adults.

"This is not complicated," Mozaffarian said. "There are no health benefits from sugar-sweetened beverages, and the potential impact of reducing consumption is saving tens of thousands of deaths each year."

Sugar among top killers

The findings follow a recent scorching editorial in the British Journal of Sports Medicine, in which scientists accused the fast food industry of using the Big Tobacco playbook to distract people from the lethality of their products. Specifically, the authors referred to a study showing that for every 150 calories from sugar present in a country's diet, type 2 diabetes rates increase elevenfold. According to another recent study in the Lancet, poor diet causes more disease than smoking, alcohol and physical inactivity combined.

According to the Tufts study, the United States suffers 25,000 deaths per year directly attributable to sugar-sweetened beverages. This is nearly the same as the 30,000 to 40,000 people killed in automobile crashes each year (according to a recent study by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, 1,600 of those deaths are caused just by distracted teenage drivers).

Contrast these very real killers with the diseases portrayed as major threats in media reports. Only 20 people died from whooping cough (pertussis) in the United States in 2012, the most deadly year since 1955. There has been just a single measles death since 2003 (even prior to vaccination, measles killed only 500 a year). And while the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention likes to claim that 36,000 people per year die from the flu, data from the National Vital Statistics System actually place the true number at closer to 500.

Sources:

http://pix11.com

http://www.naturalnews.com/049647_obesity_junk_food_diet.html

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s1105.pdf

Suzanne
Does that include the no caffeine coke and pepsi, or just the sugar ones...?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:16 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!