HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,116 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20
Re: "Ordination" from strictly the Biblical perspective [Re: Green Cochoa] #163287
03/12/14 07:44 AM
03/12/14 07:44 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Since this thread is entitled "ordination" from a strictly biblical perspective, I challenge anyone to come up with one bible quote or one Spirit of Prophecy quote where the term Ordination is used for a woman.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "Ordination" from strictly the Biblical perspective [Re: jamesonofthunder] #163292
03/12/14 11:27 AM
03/12/14 11:27 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Since this thread is entitled "ordination" from a strictly biblical perspective, I challenge anyone to come up with one bible quote or one Spirit of Prophecy quote where the term Ordination is used for a woman.

Why do you BLUNTLY refuse the leading of the Spirit in this matter? See Acts 2:17-18. Is it not written to each church, that "he who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches"? Don't be stubborn!

For too long you have been willingly wallowing in deception and ignorance. Do what is right now and obey God rather than man; and you will not found wanting in the day of judgement.

///

Re: "Ordination" from strictly the Biblical perspective [Re: Green Cochoa] #163297
03/12/14 04:26 PM
03/12/14 04:26 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Ordaining women to serve as pastors or elders is too contentious to be worthy of discussion. Tempers flare, people get ugly, and words fly like bullets. Proving women were not ordained in the OT or NT by the laying on of hands is easy. But trying to prove from the Bible that God prohibits it is impossible. The fact God raises up women to serve and lead should be sufficient. Asking men to ordain them by the laying ion of hands is too volatile to pursue. It's not worth the heat.

Re: "Ordination" from strictly the Biblical perspective [Re: Mountain Man] #163299
03/12/14 05:07 PM
03/12/14 05:07 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Ordaining women to serve as pastors or elders is too contentious to be worthy of discussion. Tempers flare, people get ugly, and words fly like bullets. Proving women were not ordained in the OT or NT by the laying on of hands is easy. But trying to prove from the Bible that God prohibits it is impossible. The fact God raises up women to serve and lead should be sufficient. Asking men to ordain them by the laying ion of hands is too volatile to pursue. It's not worth the heat.

This is so funny. On one thread someone is telling me I am teaching the doctrines of men, and on this thread someone is saying the bible is not sufficient to guide us through all truth. Which is it?

You do not know the truth if you think for one minute the bible is not sufficient for guiding the church through ALL DOCTRINES Mt Man.

“Evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse,” he continued, “deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; and that from a child thou hast known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation.... All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” God has provided abundant means for successful warfare against the evil that is in the world. The Bible is the armory where we may equip for the struggle. Our loins must be girt about with truth. Our breastplate must be righteousness. The shield of faith must be in our hand, the helmet of salvation on our brow; and with the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, we are to cut our way through the obstructions and entanglements of sin. {AA 502.2}

But according to you Mt Man there is another doctrine outside of scripture that we can find? If it's NOT IN THE BIBLE IT SHOULD NOT BE IN OUR CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And by the way, this would not be an issue if men like you were holding on to what the bible says. The words would not be flying, but since this is an end time issue, and we are being attacked by men who want to change the church, do you think it is a good idea for us who want to preserve the peculaiarity of the church to just remain silent andf let idiots take over?

You do not know how to govern in righteousness if you think that is the case.

By the way, I see you posting here too. You have made your oppinion known, why can't I? Just because I do so with a vengeance because MY GOD has has prompted me to do so, does not make the words He gives me evil. Only those who are attacking the word of God or those who would roll over and let them take over are doing evil Mt MAN.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "Ordination" from strictly the Biblical perspective [Re: Green Cochoa] #163310
03/12/14 07:46 PM
03/12/14 07:46 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Mt Man, you said;

"Proving women were not ordained in the OT or NT by the laying on of hands is easy. But trying to prove from the Bible that God prohibits it is impossible".

How do you rationalize this statement with these Bible quotes?

1 Cor: 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

How could a woman be ordained yet follow this doctrine? You say it's not in scripture but there it is. Are you saing Paul was lying when he said it is the LAW of God? You do not know how to rightly divide the word of truth.

Women can sing and give testimony, and prophecy, but they are not supposed to be Ordained to lead the church. For man is the head of woman to guide the church, not to control. But GOD is the supposed to control all of us, and in this LAW is His will. Do you know better than God?

As Elder Waggoner wrote; "the man who does not acknowledge Paul’s writings as the commandments of the Lord, is unspiritual. He cannot discern spiritual things. How many are putting their own unspiritual doubts in the place of the holy word of God. {SITI December 29, 1890, p. 603.4}

But you say it's not in scripture. Should we go through this again? Have you put blinders on so you cannot see the word of God?

Re: "Ordination" from strictly the Biblical perspective [Re: Green Cochoa] #163323
03/13/14 04:48 AM
03/13/14 04:48 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, what do you believe Paul is saying in 1 Cor 14:34-35? Is he saying God prohibits women speaking or learning in church?

Re: "Ordination" from strictly the Biblical perspective [Re: Mountain Man] #163325
03/13/14 04:55 AM
03/13/14 04:55 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
James, what do you believe Paul is saying in 1 Cor 14:34-35? Is he saying God prohibits women speaking or learning in church?

DIDN'T YOU EVEN READ WHAT I POSTED? This is so agrivating.

I said "women can sing and women can testify and women can Prophecy", didn't you read before speaking?

Re: "Ordination" from strictly the Biblical perspective [Re: Mountain Man] #163326
03/13/14 04:57 AM
03/13/14 04:57 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA

This proves that you are arguing with the inspiration that Paul was under from the Holy Spirit.

You will attack without even listening first.

You and APL and Kland are like the Pharisees who shut their ears and gnashed their teeth when they didn't want to hear what was being said.

Re: "Ordination" from strictly the Biblical perspective [Re: Green Cochoa] #163327
03/13/14 05:01 AM
03/13/14 05:01 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Listen carefully;

"God is calling for men who are willing to leave their farms, their business, if need be their families, to become missionaries for Him. And the call will be answered. In the past there have been men who, stirred by the love of Christ and the needs of the lost, have left the comforts of home and the society of friends, even that of wife and children, to go into foreign lands, among idolaters and savages, to proclaim the message of mercy." {AA 370.1}

Men leaving their wives to minister in the name of Christ. Does this say women leaving their husbands and CHILDREN?

I'm telling you in the name of Jesus, you are about to cross a line that you will NEVER get to come back from.

This is inspired, you better take heed.

Re: "Ordination" from strictly the Biblical perspective [Re: Green Cochoa] #163331
03/13/14 05:13 AM
03/13/14 05:13 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I was part of the Andover SDA church here in Minnesota fifteen years ago.

One of the elders was a rich young woman, who I knew very well. I was invited to her home week after week by her husband. They would have the most worldly meetings in their home, but I didn't really know better at the time to not go there because all my friends from the church were there.

She announced one Sabbath in front of at least 20 people and ten children how discusted she was with the church that we will not permit homosexuals to be elders or ministers or even to be baptized.

Then she announced "well I've fooled them all, I love women, and I don't see anything wrong with that". She said she lusted after other young women there in the Sabbath meeting we were at. None of those women seemed suprized because she had told them privately that she lusted after them. They said "Oh that's just the way P-----ce is."

THIS WAS AN ELDER and a leader IN THE CHURCH! She wasn't even 30 years old then!

When she found out that I believe that she will be condemned for those actions, she used all of her influence against me in that church and became my enemy. Her husband said nothing and thought I was being selfish for addressing her sins that she perpetrated in front of children.

This is the spirit that motivates women to be Ordained.

She was ordained as an elder because she was rich and her father was a deacon.

Is this what the church of Christ has become?

Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!