HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,299 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: Rosangela] #164062
04/06/14 02:02 PM
04/06/14 02:02 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
The book of Hebrews uses the technical expression ta hagia, "holy places," found nowhere else in the NT. In the LXX it is used for the earthly sanctuary. And the book of Hebrews says specifically that the holy places not made with hands, where Christ entered, are in heaven.

Yes, the Bible is plain on that point!

It's interesting that many Christians have little idea of what Jesus is doing in heaven, aside from waiting. His prolonged absence is a mystery to them.

For example, Philip Yancy writes:
"I have concluded in fact, that the Ascension represents my greatest struggle of faith--not whether it happened, but why, It challenges me more than the problem of pain, more than the difficulty of harmonizing science and the Bible, more than belief in the resurrection and other miracles (The Jesus I Never Knew, 229)

The revealed truth that Jesus is working as our High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary is the answer to those questionings.

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: dedication] #164067
04/06/14 02:36 PM
04/06/14 02:36 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: dedication
The Bible plainly says there is no temple in the New Jerusalem, that is what I was addressing.
God however IS in the New Jerusalem, so the texts of worshipping God in the "temple" on the New Earth, would now contradict according to your "scholarship."

Of course James will rejoice to see this discrepancy amongst those who know there is a temple in heaven where Christ is officiating as priest.

But let's look at this more fully, for indeed there is a change on the New Earth.
According to EGW, the temple, after the sin problem is forever ended, is like a museum outside the city and only the 144,000 can enter it. So how can the "great multitude" be serving God in the temple?
And we know God and the Lamb and His throne are in the city, where there is no temple. And God's redeemed will also be in the city, not outside the city.

A careful comparison of Revelation 21-22 with Ezekiel's temple in the last chapters of his book, give credence that the New Jerusalem itself will take the place of the "temple" in which people will come to worship and serve God upon His throne in the New Jerusalem.

I don't have time right now to do all the comparisons as I have to go to work.

The arguments being addressed here on this thread aren't about Christ serving as High Priest after sin is fully dealt with, hopefully we are all in agreement that work will be fully completed when Christ leaves the sanctuary at the close of probation. When the New Jerusalem comes to earth after the millennium, the priestly work in the temple will no longer continue for reconciliation of all things will be completed --

We will be face to face with our God, walking and talking personally with Jesus. It will no longer be necessary to go through the temple, through a mediator, which is now our Savior Jesus Christ officiating in the heavenly sanctuary. But because of what Christ is doing NOW, we will literally be in God's presence.

The important thing is that Christ is NOW in the heavenly sanctuary dealing with the sin problem.

James is saying there is no temple in heaven at all.

I see. It had appeared to me that you were describing a temple-less New Earth, on account of your interpretation that the temple is only necessary for dealing with the sin problem. To quote the part of your post that seemed to say this....

No - there will be no temple in the New Jerusalem when it comes down from heaven. WHY? Because sin has been dealt with, there is no more need for it.

Why would God tell John there is no temple there, when in so many previous verses John saw all kinds of activity taking place in the temple in heaven?

The obvious answer is -- there is now a change, since there is no more sin problem that has separated mankind from God, a temple in which the work of reconciliation was carried out, is no longer needed.
This text is very different from the texts depicting angels coming out of the temple. In those verses the word "temple" is used as a "place" situated in heaven, that contains furniture, and from which beings can go in and out.

If we can agree that there will be a temple in the New Earth, just as there has been in Heaven, then we are making progress.

I think that a study of the last ten chapters or so of Ezekiel would be quite relevant to this temple question. It seems the temple described in great detail there was not constructed on earth. Therefore, it appears it can only be a description of the heavenly temple.

The work of atonement that is going on now will be opened to the review of all the saints during the millennium in heaven. After final sentences and judgments are rendered and sin is destroyed forever, there would be no reason for things to continue throughout eternity in the temple such as are needful presently, i.e. the work of atonement for sins. Yet we will still worship in the heavenly sanctuary every Sabbath throughout eternity.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
The temple of God is opened in heaven, and the threshold is flushed with the glory of God which is for every church that will love God and keep His commandments. We need to study, to meditate, and to pray. Then we shall have spiritual eyesight to discern the inner courts of the celestial temple. We shall catch the themes of song and thanksgiving of the heavenly choir round about the throne. When Zion shall arise and shine, her light will be most penetrating, and precious songs of praise and thanksgiving will be heard in the assemblies of the saints. Murmuring and complaining over little disappointments and difficulties will cease. . . . We shall see our Advocate offering up the incense of His own merits in our behalf. . . . {AG 76.3}

God teaches that we should assemble in His house to cultivate the attributes of perfect love. This will fit the dwellers of earth for the mansions that Christ has gone to prepare for all who love Him. There they will assemble in the sanctuary from Sabbath to Sabbath, from one new moon to another, to unite in loftiest strains of song, in praise and thanksgiving to Him who sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb for ever and ever. {AG 76.4}

That sounds like more than a "museum" to me. And, it's another temple besides the one which only the 144,000 will be privileged to enter. This means there are at least two temples in the New Earth. How do we know? Back to the Bible...

Originally Posted By: The Bible
For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 66:22-23)

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: James Peterson] #164072
04/06/14 04:41 PM
04/06/14 04:41 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
M: James, I do not consider myself "naive and unlearned" for believing the Revelation describes a literal temple in Heaven. "The language of the Bible should be explained according to its obvious meaning, unless a symbol or figure is employed." {GC 598.3} I'm sure you believe the Revelation describes things we can take as literal. Perhaps the New Earth? Possibly the "temple" (Rev 7:15) there?

J: Well I can tell you that the "temple in heaven" spoken of in the Revelation, is not literal. Look at these two "contradictory" verses: "And I saw no temple therein (the city, the New Jerusalem): for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it." (Rev. 21:22), AND "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out:and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God." (Rev. 3:12) The New Jerusalem never had, does not have, nor will ever have a temple. How then does he make you a pillar in a non-existent temple?

James, am I wrong in believing you think the Revelation describes things that are literally true?

I'm sure you don't believe the Revelation contradicts itself. Neither do I. Obviously, the "temple" in the New Earth is located outside the city limits of New Jerusalem. "Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them." Rev 7:15. The 144,000 will be privileged to worship there. Listen:

Quote:
Mount Zion was just before us, and on the mount was a glorious temple, and about it were seven other mountains, on which grew roses and lilies. And I saw the little ones climb, or, if they chose, use their little wings and fly, to the top of the mountains and pluck the never-fading flowers. There were all kinds of trees around the temple to beautify the place: the box, the pine, the fir, the oil, the myrtle, the pomegranate, and the fig tree bowed down with the weight of its timely figs--these made the place all over glorious. And as we were about to enter the holy temple, Jesus raised His lovely voice and said, "Only the 144,000 enter this place," and we shouted, "Alleluia." {EW 18.2}

This temple was supported by seven pillars, all of transparent gold, set with pearls most glorious. The wonderful things I there saw I cannot describe. Oh, that I could talk in the language of Canaan, then could I tell a little of the glory of the better world. I saw there tables of stone in which the names of the 144,000 were engraved in letters of gold. After we beheld the glory of the temple, we went out, and Jesus left us and went to the city. {EW 19.1}

PS - I just read the rest of this thread and saw where GC and Dedication already posted the quotes regarding the temple and the 144,000. Sorry for the duplication.

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: dedication] #164073
04/06/14 04:53 PM
04/06/14 04:53 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The important thing is that Christ is NOW in the heavenly sanctuary dealing with the sin problem. James is saying there is no temple in heaven at all.

If there is no temple in Heaven, does it mean Jesus has not been performing the investigative judgment since 1844?

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: Mountain Man] #164077
04/06/14 08:45 PM
04/06/14 08:45 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man

James, am I wrong in believing you think the Revelation describes things that are literally true? I'm sure you don't believe the Revelation contradicts itself. Neither do I. Obviously, the "temple" in the New Earth is located outside the city limits of New Jerusalem. "Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them." Rev 7:15. The 144,000 will be privileged to worship there.

The temple of God was, is and will ALWAYS be His people.

Under the old covenant, the priests had the privilege of walking in the space God had set up around himself as His own. The priests were representative of the congregation. Together they were the living breathing temple of God. All the sprinkling of blood in the sanctuary was the symbolic act of the cleansing of the conscience of the people.

Sprinkling blood on a vessel does NOT cleanse that vessel, but the gift of the Holy Spirit to the repentant sinner is more than sufficient to make him righteous before his Redeemmer. This fulfillment was realized on Calavry.

///

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: Rick H] #164082
04/07/14 01:43 AM
04/07/14 01:43 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, clearly you believe the temple of God in heaven symbolizes His people. What about the SDA belief regarding 1844 and the investigative judgment - do you not believe it?

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: Mountain Man] #164084
04/07/14 02:18 AM
04/07/14 02:18 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
James, clearly you believe the temple of God in heaven symbolizes His people. What about the SDA belief regarding 1844 and the investigative judgment - do you not believe it?

James does not hide the fact that he is not a Seventh-day Adventist, and does not believe in the sanctuary doctrine, nor does he consider EGW an authority on doctrine.

In a way it is good for us to show our beliefs strictly from the Bible. Even if we don't convince him, it is a good exercise for each of us to establish ourselves firmly on scripture.

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: James Peterson] #164085
04/07/14 02:44 AM
04/07/14 02:44 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
James.
The Holy Spirit descended several weeks after the crucifixion -- after Christ ascended to heaven.

Your belief seems to lead to an "everyone is saved" idea. Since if the cleansing happened at Calvary it would have been applied to the world in a single sweep and all would be saved since Jesus took everyone's sin upon Himself and died the sinners death.

And so yes, Christ did provide for the cleansing of all people at Calvary, but He is now our High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary applying that cleansing to those who respond to His Holy Spirits leading.

Though salvation is available for all, all will not be saved.

Why did Christ ASCEND into heaven at His resurrection?
If His "temple" and "the Lord is in His Holy Temple" means He is in people, won't He have simply stayed on earth?
Yet, He ascended to heaven and a second coming is predicted when He will return.

It is the Holy Spirit Who abides with us, and brings the presence of God and Jesus to us.
While God's presence, through His Holy Spirit, in our lives is very real, yet God does not literally dwell in us.
Those who get too literal on the "God in Us" theology are moving into Panentheism.

Panentheism is becoming more and more popular in the new religious movements coming into the Christian churches.
But it is not Biblical Christianity.

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: Mountain Man] #164088
04/07/14 04:33 AM
04/07/14 04:33 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada

The doctrine came out of an erroneous interpretation of Dan. 8:14. But the High Priest only sprinkled the blood for the "cleansing of the sanctuary". If you find otherwise, then show where he investigated the historical records of the dead.

///

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: dedication] #164089
04/07/14 04:59 AM
04/07/14 04:59 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
James.
The Holy Spirit descended several weeks after the crucifixion -- after Christ ascended to heaven. Your belief seems to lead to an "everyone is saved" idea. Since if the cleansing happened at Calvary it would have been applied to the world in a single sweep and all would be saved since Jesus took everyone's sin upon Himself and died the sinners death. And so yes, Christ did provide for the cleansing of all people at Calvary, but He is now our High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary applying that cleansing to those who respond to His Holy Spirits leading. Though salvation is available for all, all will not be saved.

Why did Christ ASCEND into heaven at His resurrection?

If His "temple" and "the Lord is in His Holy Temple" means He is in people, won't He have simply stayed on earth? Yet, He ascended to heaven and a second coming is predicted when He will return.

It is the Holy Spirit Who abides with us, and brings the presence of God and Jesus to us.
While God's presence, through His Holy Spirit, in our lives is very real, yet God does not literally dwell in us.

Jesus said, "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." (John 3:17) Jesus died for EVERY SINGLE human being, the just for the unjust. Paul said, "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (1 Cor. 15:22) First, Christ himself, then the righteous in Him, and finally the unjust.

Everyone, upon resurrection must appear before God that he may receive his just reward. But of Christ, it is written that He sat on the right hand of God, "being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they." (Heb. 1:4)

Christ is leading the Church and is intimately involved in the affairs of earth. God Himself said, "Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?" The rise and fall of nations that you see around you, even the social interactions and whatever else they may be is managed by Christ towards an end: the wonderful reward and understanding of those who will inherit the earth.

///

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!