HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,628
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,396 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 73 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 72 73
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: asygo] #164794
05/06/14 11:10 PM
05/06/14 11:10 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: asygo
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
The "same" in that they are without the taint of sin, but different in that one is like sunlight and the other like candlelight, different in that one requires additions and the other does not.

Who is it that is not satisfied with the candlelight of "righteousness and true holiness" and requires sunlight? Who is it that finds the good works of true believers, without the taint of sin, unacceptable?

The Godhead.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164795
05/06/14 11:25 PM
05/06/14 11:25 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
APL, interesting thought about Jesus and the essence of His substitution. His humanity is a complete substitute - not a partial one. Which is why all the inspired descriptions of born-again believers resemble Jesus while here in the likeness of sinful flesh.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164797
05/06/14 11:32 PM
05/06/14 11:32 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: jsot
Where in this did Jesus walk in sinful flesh? As I see it Jesus walked in REDEMPTIVE Flesh. He did not satisfy the old man of fallen humanity, He overcame it. Jesus is the example for Born again Christians to focus on and strive for, but He was never needing to be born again. He was born perfect as His Father in Heaven is perfect and He remained that way forever.

The pioneers believed, and rightly so, that Jesus came in sinful flesh. As Hebrews says, he was like His brothers, and if not, then the whole thing was a sham.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164798
05/06/14 11:42 PM
05/06/14 11:42 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
This robe, woven in the loom of heaven, has in it not one thread of human devising. Christ in His humanity wrought out a perfect character, and this character He offers to impart to us. "All our righteousness are as filthy rags." Isaiah 64:6. Everything that we of ourselves can do is defiled by sin. But the Son of God "was manifested to take away our sins; and in Him is no sin." Sin is defined to be "the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:5, 4. But Christ was obedient to every requirement of the law. He said of Himself, "I delight to do Thy will, O My God; yea, Thy law is within My heart." Psalm 40:8. When on earth, He said to His disciples, "I have kept My Father's commandments." John 15:10. By His perfect obedience He has made it possible for every human being to obey God's commandments. When we submit ourselves to Christ, the heart is united with His heart, the will is merged in His will, the mind becomes one with His mind, the thoughts are brought into captivity to Him; we live His life. This is what it means to be clothed with the garment of His righteousness. Then as the Lord looks upon us He sees, not the fig-leaf garment, not the nakedness and deformity of sin, but His own robe of righteousness, which is perfect obedience to the law of Jehovah. {COL 311.4}

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164800
05/07/14 02:17 AM
05/07/14 02:17 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Christ's righteousness is not a cloak for iniquity. We are saved from sin, not in sin. Never the less we live, but not us, but Christ lives in us...

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164802
05/07/14 05:40 AM
05/07/14 05:40 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
James, it is not a sin to have sinful flesh. The "flesh of itself cannot act contrary to the will of God." Jesus lived life in the likeness of sinful flesh like a born-again believer.

This is the perfect example of how you cross the line. In your own sentence you say "sinful flesh" then you quote the Lord's servant saying "flesh" as if it means the same thing. Our flesh cannot act contrary to the will of God, but when it does it becomes "sinful". The quote you used doesn't say "Sinful flesh" cannot act contrary to the will of God. It says "the flesh", the body, flesh and bone. Sinful flesh IS acting contrary to the will of God. If the flesh cannot act contrary to the will of God then of itself our bodies are inert in the realm of sin. But as soon as you start to sin your flesh then becomes sinful. That is where you need to change your way of communicating your intent. Use the formula directed in scripture and stop making your own gospel.

Do you think it is up to you to change the terminology of scripture? The bible says it IS a sin to walk in sinful flesh, that is what is so vitally important for you to know. Either you walk in the flesh or you are in the Spirit, there is no two ways about it unless you are going to write your own version of the gospel.

Romans 8:9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

“walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh.” Galatians 5:16, 17

Looking at this quote is it possible for sinless Jesus to be IN THE FLESH? Physically yes, spiritually no. He could not have been walking "in the flesh" in this context. He dwelt completely in the Spirit of God. His body was here but His heart was with the Father. He did not walk in the flesh. This is scriptural. So this is a fundamental biblical principle that we must build our doctrines on. Having seen it in this light is even fathomable that sinless Jesus walked in sinful flesh? That takes it to a level that NOT ONE PERSON that I have ever read commentating on Christ would EVER have the audacity to put in words.

I have searched and NO ONE says Jesus was in "sinful flesh", so why do you feel compelled to write this? Do you have a new gospel?

Jesus came in the form of a man, He had flesh and bone, and anyone who says he didn't is absolutely wrong, but according to this scripture He did not WALK in the flesh. He walked in the Spirit. That is why the way you present your interpretation is not only confusing, you are choosing to present your doctrine in a way that conflicts with scripture.

And our prophet said be very careful not to present our Lord to anyone as someone with the propensity to sin, yet you chose to completely ignore this warning and continually time after time chose to say He was in sinful flesh as if you are trying to get a rise out of me. My Lord never had sinful flesh. He is the second Adam.

Anyone who walks in the flesh is NOT of God. There is NO LIGHT IN THEM! We as born again Christians walk in the Spirit when we are His. So for you to say He was in SINFUL FLESH goes beyond even saying He was in the flesh physically. Your choice of words are not inspired! You are making your own version of truth directly contradicting the inspired words of the Apostles, cant you see how that is wrong?

1 Peter 4:6 For this is why the gospel was preached even to those who are dead, that though judged in the flesh the way people are, they might live in the spirit the way God does.

Jesus came in the body of a human being, in the flesh, but He lived and walked in the Spirit.

To be in the flesh means to live a human life. To be in SINFUL flesh means to be a sinner.

He came in a mortal body. And every other mortal body who had ever lived or ever would live after Him on this earth was a sinner, so He physically looked like a sinner. That is why the Spirit of prophecy always refers to His veiling of His divinity when the quote "came in the LIKENESS of sinful flesh" is quoted. That quote is NEVER used to say He had sinful flesh. Only that He came looking like us. You take way too much liberty in how you apply the Spirit of Prophecy.

Then you quote all these quotes from the Spirit of Prophecy that relate to men who were born fallen and apply them to Jesus like it is your licence to do so, and it is infuriating. Quote the texts that were inspired as speaking for Christ and stop crossing the line like you have the right to assume you are in authority and the one who gets to make the decision what is referring to Jesus and what is not. If the name Jesus is not in the quote don't assume you have the authority to say it referred to Him. That is not the way we should be quoting the writings of the Lords Servant. She was the one who God revealed these things to, not you. So if the name of Christ is not in the quote stop saying it refers to Jesus!

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164805
05/07/14 08:48 AM
05/07/14 08:48 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: asygo
The "same" in that they are without the taint of sin, but different in that one is like sunlight and the other like candlelight, different in that one requires additions and the other does not.

Who is it that is not satisfied with the candlelight of "righteousness and true holiness" and requires sunlight? Who is it that finds the good works of true believers, without the taint of sin, unacceptable?

The Godhead.

So no matter how many ways we can find similarities, from the point of view of the Godhead, there is a difference that makes one acceptable and the other unacceptable. Can you agree with that?

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164809
05/07/14 12:50 PM
05/07/14 12:50 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA

Do you think it is up to you to change the terminology of scripture? The bible says it IS a sin to walk in sinful flesh
What DOES the Bible say?
Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

2 Peter 2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

The Bible says to not walk AFTER the flesh.

To be in SINFUL flesh means to be a sinner. ...
I have searched and NO ONE says Jesus was in "sinful flesh", so why do you feel compelled to write this? Do you have a new gospel?

NO ONE?

Quote:
Do not forget, either, that the mystery of God is not God manifest in sinless flesh, but God manifest in sinful flesh. There could never be any mystery about God's manifesting Himself in sinless flesh—in one who had no connection whatever with sin. That would be plain enough. But that he can manifest Himself in flesh laden with sin and with all the tendencies of sin, such as ours is—that is a mystery. Yea, it is the mystery of God. And it is a glorious fact, thank the Lord! Believe it. And before all the world, and for the joy of every person in the world, in Jesus Christ He has demonstrated that this great mystery is indeed a fact in human experience. For "as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same." "In all things it behoved Him to be made like unto his brethren." And therefore God "made Him to be sin for us." "He hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all." Thus, in our flesh, having our nature, laden with iniquity, and Himself made to be sin, Christ Jesus lived in this world, tempted in all points like as we are; and yet God always caused Him to triumph in Him, and made manifest the savour of His knowledge by Him in every place. Thus God was manifest in the flesh,—in our flesh, in human flesh laden with sin,—and made to be sin in itself, weak and tempted as ours is. And thus the mystery of God was made known to all nations for the obedience of faith. Oh, believe it! {November 19, 1896 ATJ, PTUK 742.7}

And this is the mystery of God to-day and forever—God manifest in the flesh, in human flesh, in flesh, laden with sin, tempted and tried. In this flesh, God will make manifest the knowledge of Himself in every place where the believer is found. Believe it, and praise His holy name! {November 19, 1896 ATJ, PTUK 742.8}

This is the mystery which to-day, in the third angel's message, is again to be made known to all nations for the obedience of faith. This is the mystery of God, which in this time is to be "finished,"—not only finished in the sense of being ended to the world, but finished in the sense of being brought to completion in its grand work in the believer. This is the time when the mystery of God is to be finished in the sense that God is to be manifest in every true believer, in every place where that believer shall be found. This is, in deed and in truth, the keeping of the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. {November 19, 1896 ATJ, PTUK 742.9}

"Be of good cheer; I have overcome the world,"—I have revealed God in the flesh. Our faith is the victory that has overcome the world. Therefore, and now, "Thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savor of his knowledge by us in every place." {November 19, 1896 ATJ, PTUK 743.1}

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164815
05/07/14 04:33 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA

Jesus came in the likeness of sinful flesh. He was in the world, but not of the world. He was in sinful flesh, but not of sinful flesh. Yes, Jesus is the second Adam. "His spiritual nature was free from every taint of sin."

However, unlike Adam, He took upon His sinless nature our weak, fallen, sinful, suffering human nature, degraded and defiled by sin. He took humanity with all its liabilities. He endured all the temptations wherewith man is beset. We have nothing to bear which He has not endured.

He assumed human nature with its temptations. He felt the overwhelming tide of woe that deluged the world. He realized the strength of indulged appetite and of unholy passion that controlled the world.

"In all things it behooved Him to be made like unto His brethren." Hebrews 2:17. Not in some things, or most things, but "in all things". "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same". Hebrews 2:14.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164816
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I stand corrected, AT Jones in 1896 said Jesus was in sinful flesh, but that was after He had gone off the path and was apostatizing. So how does that support your version of truth?

1893/04/09 AT Jones was 43 years old and Was counseled by Ellen White to avoid extremes views on faith and works... "In my dream you were presenting the subject of faith and the imputed righteousness of Christ by faith. You repeated several times that works amounted to nothing, that there were no conditions.... There are conditions.... I know your meaning, but you leave a wrong impression upon many minds."

In 1894 he supported Anna Rice as a prophet as was sternly rebuked by Mrs White.

Before he wrote those words in 1896 Mrs White was already warning people that he was off the path, and the year he wrote those words Mrs White had dreams that he was in full apostasy.

Then in 1902 Mrs White said we aren't even supposed to quote AT Jones in any of our discourses.

"God does not want the ways and words of A. T. Jones to be woven into your discourses." {11MR 210.1} (1902)

We are not even supposed to use anything written by him unless it is the 1888 Righteousness by faith issue. So why do you feel compelled to use his words in support of this issue? I feel as if it does damage to your argument if you are in support of saying Jesus was in sinful flesh.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Page 11 of 73 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 72 73

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!