HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,632
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Daryl, Karen Y, dedication, Kevin H), 3,417 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #165325
05/23/14 06:06 AM
05/23/14 06:06 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
Originally Posted By: Dedication
- But have you actually read EGW's writings from cover to cover,

Gsll-But that is not an applicable point. I am not disproving and denying Ellen White like you are with VTH. Because you make yourself out as some type of authority on the Shepherd's Rod

But it is a very applicable point. Because EGW is used extensively to "prove" Houteff's interpretations, yet there is no way I can reconcile her end time sequence with Houteff's.

As to me being some kind of "authority" on his writings -- no, I do not claim that. But his conclusions deny several truths, (like the Sabbath test for Adventists) and present a different "end" scene (a temperal kingdom in Palestine) that is far to close to Babylon's end time scene for comfort.

Last night I read through one "book" of the answers to questions by Houteff, and most of the second book. The questions were for the most part very superficial making them easy to explain away, only a couple of them actually touched on the main issues that trouble me about Houteff's teachings. The answers were really nothing new as per Houteff's teachings. They really didn't answer my questions.

If you haven't read EGW's writings in their context and proper sequence, how can you honestly use her writings so extensively to prove something that she never taught?

Bearing false witness can also include extensive interweaving of someone's writings to give authority to ones own ideas which the original author never meant to teach.

It is NOT false witness to disagree with someone else's beliefs.

GL&L--I'm sorry if you think you are being “attacked” and it is not my intention to hurt your feelings. It's only that I want the truth spoken on this matter and not misstatements and falsehood.

You haven't hurt my feelings, I just found it strange that you now centered on me, and what I have or have not read, over and over again, instead of focusing on the issues, even though I told you I have read. Not everything he wrote of course, but I have read for myself quite a bit of his writings.

GL&L wrote: I have conceded on some points with you and admitted that a few of your specific points were valid, can you do the same?
... you have placed contempt upon this message, we must examine it closely and be careful to not surface study it.

I have conceded quite a bit --
I agree that the church must be cleansed, that a separation must take place, that sin needs to be put away, that the final loud cry is still future, etc.
But the main points as to how this is all to come about -- it's true I strongly disagree with Houteff's interpretations.

Gsll- Are you not aware that many including VTH have pointed out correctly on several occasions how it is easy to spot apparent contradictions with EGW writings (she says one thing than later says another on the same matter) So do we throw her out? of course not we “weigh it all out” the WHOLE matter then decide.

If it were only "apparent contradictions" it would be one thing, but it is a WHOLE DIFFERENT ENDTIME SEQUENCE with a kingdom in Palestine! Like I mentioned I read a lot of his answers to questions, and he makes it appear the contradictions are only "apparent" but not deep. Yet, both question and answer ignore the actual context in which EGW placed the quotes being discussed.

Let me give just one example:

Originally Posted By: Answerer by Houteff

Question No. 37:
If God's people are in the Kingdom during the Loud Cry, how can they be put in prison or driven to the mountains during that time, as the Spirit of Prophecy asserts they will ("The Great Controversy," p. 626) ?

Answer:

When it is understood that the 144,000 are but first fruits, the forerunners or advanced guard of a great multitude of second fruits, the difficulty in question is immediately resolved. The first fruits stand with the Lamb, safe on Mt. Zion (in the Kingdom). Thus those who shall find refuge in the mountains, and those who shall be put in prison, can only be from among the second fruits--those who shall accept the message during the Loud Cry, but who shall not yet at that time have reached the Kingdom.

Thus again Houteff says these are all NEW CONVERTS, since his interpretation does not admit the truth that Adventists will be tested with the Sunday law. But the referenced quote in Great Controversy in its entirety shows this is not a few newly converted people who won't make it to the kingdom", situation. This is a world wide condition, a condition that does not change until the last plague when God delivers His people.

Listen to EGW's appeal just prior:
Quote:
The "time of trouble, such as never was," is soon to open upon us; and we shall need an experience which we do not now possess and which many are too indolent to obtain. It is often the case that trouble is greater in anticipation than in reality; but this is not true of the crisis before us. The most vivid presentation cannot reach the magnitude of the ordeal. In that time of trial, every soul must stand for himself before God. "Though Noah, Daniel, and Job" were in the land, "as I live, saith the Lord God, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness." Ezekiel 14:20. {GC 622.4}
Now, while our great High Priest is making the atonement for us, we should seek to become perfect in Christ...
It is in this life that we are to separate sin from us, through faith in the atoning blood of Christ. Our precious Saviour invites us to join ourselves to Him, to unite our weakness to His strength, our ignorance to His wisdom, our unworthiness to His merits...
As the decree issued by the various rulers of Christendom against commandment keepers shall withdraw the protection of government and abandon them to those who desire their destruction, the people of God will flee from the cities and villages and associate together in companies, dwelling in the most desolate and solitary places. Many will find refuge in the strongholds of the mountains. Like the Christians of the Piedmont valleys, they will make the high places of the earth their sanctuaries and will thank God for "the munitions of rocks." Isaiah 33:16. But many of all nations and of all classes, high and low, rich and poor, black and white, will be cast into the most unjust and cruel bondage. [GC 626]

She repeatedly appeals to church members to prepare, to diligently seek that sanctifying connection with Christ whereby sin is vanquished and faith is strong, so they will be able to stand the test and not lose faith in the trials. No where in those chapters is there a hint that vast numbers will be safe in a kingdom of safety and only those who "couldn't make it to Palestine" would have to hide.

GL&L writes:

Further, and I know this you don't believe, but the Elijah to come was to “restore” all things meaning restore truth first then his message is to restore the kingdom (first on earth then taken to heaven.) So VTH's words in regards to any lack of clarity by EGW is it's restoration of her subject matter.

And so anyone can come and pull together some quotes from her writings and say -- "She didn't understand what she was really saying, but I have restored".
Test the spirits!

How is it that Christianity in general all look for a literal kingdom ( a supposedly righteous kingdom once the antichrist power is out of the way) in present Palestine?
How is it that our Pioneers strongly opposed that type of kingdom and presented the "kingdom of grace" as something with no geographical borders or place, but a kingdom that grows in the heart and minds of God's people?

Houteff's message teaches a gathering together of people into one place (Palestine) under some man he calls the "antitypical David" ruling as king in a theocracy styled literal kingdom in the place of Christ.

Are you absolutely sure this antitype isn't an antichrist?

Originally Posted By: Houteff tract 8
"David, the king of ancient Israel, had been dead for many years when this prophecy [Hosea 3:5]was made, and as it has never been fulfilled, he was the type of the David to come...and My servant David shall be their prince for ever." Ezek. 37:25.

Accordingly, it is those who "fear the Lord and His goodness [the Christian Israelites] in the latter days" (our time), who shall appoint one "head" or "king" -- the antitypical David....

And David My servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in My judgments, and observe My statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob My servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and My servant David shall be their prince for ever." Ezek. 37:16-25.....

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon His kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel." Isa. 9:6-8.

"And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse," prophesies Isaiah in figurative depiction of this glorious triumph of God's purpose, "and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: and the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord; and shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: Isaiah 11:1-4...three persons brought to view: Jesse (the father of David), the rod (David), and the Branch (Christ). The relationship shows that David (the rod) is not Christ (the Branch) ...
Since therefore from the "stem" of Jesse came the "rod" (David), and from the rod sprang the Branch (Christ), David the visible king and Christ the invisible King of kings shall "in that day" -- in our time -- constitute the "ensign," and "to it shall the Gentiles seek: and His rest [or His resting place...

"A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for Himself a kingdom, and to return. And he called His ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. But His citizens hated Him, and sent a message after Him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. Luke 19.....
As they "sent a message after Him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us," the only conclusion admissible is that shortly before His return, Christ shall inform His "citizens" that He is taking "the reins in His own hands" to set up His kingdom, and that they, upon hearing the announcement, shall refuse to submit themselves to the one through whom He is to rule.....What they objected to was Christ's reigning over them through someone else. Clearly, then, before He is coronated, and prior to His return to reckon with His servants, He appoints a "man" to reign over them in His stead.

Aren't we strongly warned about placing a mere human into absolute kingly power? Yet that is what Houteff's interpretations prescribe.

But who do all those prophesies REALLY point to --
another modern day man "David"?
No -- they all point to CHRIST.

Luke 1:31-32 JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Originally Posted By: EGW
There is to be no kingly power, one man controlling the whole. All influences are brought to bear one upon the other in revealing Christ and the cross to a world that is perishing in sin and iniquity.--Letter 183, 1901

Just before leaving His disciples, Christ once more plainly stated the nature of His kingdom. He recalled to their remembrance things He had previously told them regarding it. He declared that it was not His purpose to establish in this world a temporal kingdom. He was not appointed to reign as an earthly monarch on David's throne. {AA 30.1}

[GL&L]
“Now as in former ages, the presentation of a truth that reproves the sins and errors of the times will excite opposition.” This why they hated brother Houteff,

No that is not the reason. Nor is he hated.
But I do NOT agree with his interpretations of certain prophecies.

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #165372
05/24/14 04:05 AM
05/24/14 04:05 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
What sword will cleanse the church?

Revelation 2:12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which has the sharp sword with two edges;
2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Christ will do battle with the sword of His mouth, the power of His Word.

Rev. 1:13,16 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man,.... and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword:

Quote:
"His countenance shines as the sun. In His hand are seven stars, and out of His mouth issues a sharp two-edged sword, an emblem of the power of His word. Patmos is made resplendent with the glory of the risen Lord. {AA 582.1}

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

"the Word cuts away the fleshly lusts. It is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the mind. It divides the joints and marrow, cutting away the lusts of the flesh, making men willing to suffer for their Lord. {OFC 129.4}

" The Word of the Lord is quick and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword. The Word is a power as we practice it. The great change that the truth makes is inward. It begins in the heart, and works outwardly."

So what does the following quote mean?
:"Many, I saw, were flattering themselves that they were good Christians, who have not a single ray of light from Jesus. They know not what it is to be renewed by the grace of God. They have no living experience for themselves in the things of God. And I saw that the Lord was whetting His sword in heaven to cut them down. Oh, that every lukewarm professor could realize the clean work that God is about to make among His professed people! Dear friends, do not deceive yourselves concerning your condition. You cannot deceive God. Says the True Witness: 'I know thy works.'" Testimonies, Vol.1 p. 190.

Basically it means the church is in a bad spiritual slump. Members were dead in their sins (though still alive physically_

Gods' sword is likened more to a surgeons knife.
The church members need their sinful parts to be removed from their lives.

Is God literally getting out a sword to kill in order to make a "clean work" ?
Or will He use the sword that inspiration says He will wield? A sword in His MOUTH, not in His hand.
The sword of His Word.

Quote:
I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen, and was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the True Witness to the Laodiceans. This will have its effect upon the heart of the receiver, and will lead him to exalt the standard and pour forth the straight truth. Some will not bear this straight testimony. They will rise up against it, and this is what will cause a shaking among God's people. {CET 176.1}

What is the "straight testimony"?
It is the message to the seventh church in Revelation 3.

" The Lord calls for a renewal of the straight testimony borne in years past. He calls for a renewal of spiritual life. The spiritual energies of His people have long been torpid, but there is to be a resurrection from apparent death. By prayer and confession of sin we must clear the King's highway.--8T 297

The meaning is clear, indeed the Bible is its own interpreter; the sword is the sword of the Spirit, even the word of God, it is that word which is sharper than any two-edged sword, and which lays bare the thoughts and intents of the soul (Ephesians 6:17; Hebrews 4:12. Compare Isaiah 49:2). This is the weapon with which Christ will subdue His enemies; no carnal weapon is needed (2Corinthians 10:4). Those that take any other sword in hand than this to advance His kingdom will perish with the weapon to which they have appealed (Revelation 13:10; Matthew 26:52), but those who arm themselves with this will find it mighty through God. With this weapon of His word He Himself fights against His adversaries (Revelation 2:12; Revelation 2:16; Revelation 19:15; Revelation 19:21); with this He lays bare the hidden hypocrisies of men, cuts off the diseased members, and wounds that He may heal.

"We need not say: The perils of the last days are soon to come upon us. Already they have come. We need now the sword of the Lord to cut to the very soul and marrow of fleshly lusts, appetites, and passions". {FLB 336.5}

And thus too in the end,
the WORD of God is the destroying sword:
As the enemies of God's law rush upon God's faithful to slay them, God will speak.

"Above the terrific roar of thunder, voices, mysterious and awful, declare the doom of the wicked. The words spoken are not comprehended by all; but they are distinctly understood by the false teachers....

Then there appears against the sky a hand holding two tables of stone folded together. Says the prophet: "The heavens shall declare His righteousness: for God is judge Himself." Psalm 50:6. That holy law, God's righteousness, that amid thunder and flame was proclaimed from Sinai as the guide of life, is now revealed to men as the rule of judgment. The hand opens the tables, and there are seen the precepts of the Decalogue, traced as with a pen of fire. The words are so plain that all can read them....
Religious teachers have led souls to perdition while professing to guide them to the gates of Paradise. Not until the day of final accounts will it be known how great is the responsibility of men in holy office and how terrible are the results of their unfaithfulness....
The voice of God is heard from heaven, declaring the day and hour of Jesus' coming, and delivering the everlasting covenant to His people.....And when the blessing is pronounced on those who have honored God by keeping his Sabbath holy, there is a mighty shout of victory. {GC88 640.2}...

The people see that they have been deluded. They accuse one another of having led them to destruction; but all unite in heaping their bitterest condemnation upon the ministers....
The swords which were to slay God's people are now employed to destroy their enemies. Everywhere there is strife and bloodshed. {GC88 655.4}

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: dedication] #165399
05/25/14 12:55 AM
05/25/14 12:55 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded--“Last night I read through one "book" of the answers to questions by Houteff, and most of the second book. The questions were for the most part very superficial making them easy to explain away, only a couple of them actually touched on the main issues that trouble me about Houteff's teachings. The answers were really nothing new as per Houteff's teachings. They really didn't answer my questions.”

Gsll- Ok let's see some “superficial” questions--

IS THERE NEED FOR “EXTRA OIL" ?
Question No. 8:
I am told that somewhere in her writings, Sister White has said: “We have all the light which we need till Jesus comes.” Can you give the reference?
Gsll-Very good and applicable question for us as “Laodiceans”, we who think we “have need of nothing” Are we rich and satisfied with what we know as truth? Or is there need for “extra oil” in our lamps?

IS THE FORMER RAIN THE
PENTECOSTAL POWER?
Question No. 11:
“The Shepherd’s Rod” says that the former rain is the Spirit of Prophecy, and that the latter rain is the closely related pre-Pentecostal message, or “teacher of righteousness,” which the church is now receiving, and that the Pentecostal “power” is still another thing. But “The Desire of Ages” says that the “former rain” was the “outpouring of the Spirit in apostolic days,” and the “latter rain,” the Pentecostal outpouring itself, is to occur in the last days. What is one to believe?
Gsll- A question which shows apparent discrepancies on the “power” of two distinct time periods. The answer addresses the difference.

THE LATTER RAIN-WHEN?
Question No. 9:
“Early Writings,” p. 15, speaks about God’s announcing the day and the hour of Jesus’ coming, and pouring upon the saints the Holy Ghost. Does not all this take place at the time of the seven last plagues, just before the second Advent? If so, then does it not show that the “latter rain” is to be poured out upon God’s people after the close of probation.

Gsll-EGW does says what the questioner points out, and is an important issue to straightens out.

WHEN DID THE SEALS BEGIN?
Question No. 20:
What Biblical proof is there to show that the events of the Seven Seals (Rev. 4-8) span the entire world’s history, which is contrary to the Denomination’s teaching that they cover only the Christian church period? Don’t you know that the book with the seals is symbolical of the books of Daniel and The Revelation?

Gsll-- An timely and important question, as we as SDA have taught that the seals cover the Christian era. Brother Houteff soundly shows that this cannot be so.

WHAT IS THE SEAL?
Question No. 21:
What is the seal of God upon the foreheads of the 144,000 (Rev. 7:3)? Is it the Sabbath seal or something else?

Gsll-- Here VTH shows that there is an important difference between the Sabbath seal and the seal of the 144,000.

WHEN WILL HE SEPARATE THE TARES FROM THE WHEAT?
Question No. 24:
“Christ’s Object Lessons,” p. 123, says: “When the work of the gospel is completed, there immediately follows the separation between the good and the evil.” Does not the separation here mentioned take place at the second advent?

Gsll- Good question concerning the separation of the wheat and tares, hardly a superficial question.

WHY THREE TITLES TO THE ONCE-DIVIDED KINGDOM?
Question No. 41:
Will you please explain the difference in the terms, Judah, Ephriam, and Israel?

Gsll- This distinct clarification is made and solidly backed up Scripture.

WILL THE KINGDOM BE SET UP BEFORE THE MILLENNIUM?
Question No. 42:
“The Great Controversy,” pp. 322, 323, teaches that “not until the personal advent of Christ can His people receive the kingdom....But when Jesus comes, He confers immortality upon His people; and then He calls them to inherit the kingdom of which they have hitherto been only heirs.” Will you please help harmonize the Bible and “The Shepherd’s Rod” with these and other passages in Sister White’s writings in regard to the setting up of the Kingdom?

GSLL-- Now this one Q and A is probably the deepest and pertinent of the questions in volume 1 and 2. I will post this one later for us to see, as it addresses what “Scripture” has said about this matter. You, especially, should seriously study this one.

Do those questions appear superficial? Hardly.

Ded- If you haven't read EGW's writings in their context and proper sequence, how can you honestly use her writings so extensively to prove something that she never taught? 

Bearing false witness can also include extensive interweaving of someone's writings to give authority to ones own ideas which the original author never meant to teach.

It is NOT false witness to disagree with someone else's beliefs.

Gsll- To answer your question directly, I have read a couple of EGW's material (front to back) Desire of Ages, Great Controversy. I have done extensive reading of all the Testimonie volumes (1 to 9). Much of Testimonies to Ministers, and Early Writings, Mauscript Releases,Prophets and Kings, and others.

True, it is not false witness to disagree with someone else's belief, but it IS when you say things about that one that he did not say. Which you have done already. Big difference.

Here are the exact list of “superficial questions” which are timely and appropriate for us as truth seeking SDA.

Contents (Vol. 1)
The Answerer’s Introductory Concern 
What Is Laodicea’s Trouble? 
Why The Need Of Revival And Reformation? 
What Is The Phenomenon Of Inspiration? 
Is Satan Wholesaling Or Retailing Deception? 
What Saith The Spirit Unto Laodicea? 
Does Truth Make Division? 
Christ Or His Servant?
Is There Need For Extra Oil? 
The Latter Rain-When? 
Has The Loud Cry Begun? 
Is The Former Rain The Pentecostal Power? 
When In Need Of Truth, Why Beg For Power? 
Forty Years Without Refilling? 
Does The Shepherd’s Rod Set Prophetic Dates? 

Contents (Vol.2)

A Stephen-Sermon To The Church Today 
May We Know The Hour?
Is God’s Traveling Throne A Locomotive?
Are There Palms In Hands Of Some, Or In Hands Of All?
When Begins The Time Of The End?
Why Prophecies In Place Of Love?
When Did The Seals Begin? 
What Is The Seal? 
Is The Sealing On? Who Are Sealed? Are Any Beyond Sinning? 
Is Not The Harvest The End Of The World?
When Will He Separate The Tares From The Wheat? 
Is The Slaughter Of Ezekiel Nine Literal?
Who Are The Woman And Her Remnant? 
Who Identified Planets Seen In Vision? 
Is All Of A Word To The Little Flock Authentic? 
Has There Been Amalgamation Of Man And Beast? 
Why Not Making Better Progress? 
Why Agitate Where Not Wanted? 
Work Within Or Without? 
Does The Rod Still Teach The “Same Things”?
Is Evening The Ending Or The Beginning Of Day?
Is It True? 
In Which Seal?
Who Flee To Mountains? 
When Will He Leave The Sanctuary? 
Who Has Wandered Away From The Old Landmarks? 
Former Or Latter View? 
Why Three Titles To The Once-Divided Kingdom? 
Will the Kingdom Be Set Up Before The Millennium? 
Will Old Jerusalem Be Rebuilt? 
The Marriage Supper Of The Lamb In Heaven Or On Earth? 
The Kingdom Of God In The Heart, Or In The Earth? 
When Will The Winds Be Loosed? 
What is the Anger Of The Nations? 
What Shall Your Next Step Be? 

Link to volume one and two questions and answers-- Answerer

Ded-I just found it strange that you now centered on me, and what I have or have not read, over and over again, instead of focusing on the issues, even though I told you I have read. Not everything he wrote of course, but I have read for myself quite a bit of his writings.

Gsll- that is all I wanted addressed—what you read front to back. A Tract for instance is not exceedingly large and can be read in a couple of evenings. What I find in a two way discussion is that when questions are ignored that mean important points to the questioner, then we then start to go “round and round” and it never ends. Ellen White made excellent counsel which I try to adhere to.

“ When their questions have been fairly answered, they will turn the subject and bring up another point to avoid acknowledging the truth. We should beware of indulging the spirit which controlled the Jews.” (Test. To Ministers, p.108-109)

As I mentioned I will certainly admit any revelations of truth or points you make, why? Because I love truth and do not want to be lost ( 2 Thes. 2:10)

But I have kept an eye for reciprocal behavior from you and to be very honest have not seen much of this from you. I will not go into a never ending hopscotch where the truth is not admitted. I've learned my lesson with the Sunday keepers over the Sabbath debate.

For example, one of the OT quotes I used to use with them was Psalms 111:7,8 “All His Commandments are sure, they stand fast forever and ever.” Then I would say, “Brother can't you see that it says that ALL of His Commandments are now and forever?” They would say “That is not what it means”.And then try to twist it into excluding the Sabbath! And I would feel like batting my head against the wall because the straight clear truth was not straight and clear to them.

Ded-I have conceded quite a bit -- 
I agree that the church must be cleansed, that a separation must take place, that sin needs to be put away, that the final loud cry is still future, etc.
But the main points as to how this is all to come about -- it's true I strongly disagree with Houteff's interpretations. 

Gsll- Conceded quite a bit? You mean conceded to your conclusions of what you have always believed. When I have shown you certain truth from Scripture and EGW and even VTH that you did not know, almost all of it has not been admitted and conceded. For example, the fact that the “angels” are to do the separtaion in Ezek. 9, you STILL ignore that truth even though it's so plain and cannot be controverted.

Ded- If it were only "apparent contradictions" it would be one thing, but it is a WHOLE DIFFERENT ENDTIME SEQUENCE with a kingdom in Palestine! Like I mentioned I read a lot of his answers to questions, and he makes it appear the contradictions are only "apparent" but not deep. Yet, both question and answer ignore the actual context in which EGW placed the quotes being discussed.

Gsll- read the full answer in question number 42 above. This addresses the issue fully.

Ded- She repeatedly appeals to church members to prepare, to diligently seek that sanctifying connection with Christ whereby sin is vanquished and faith is strong, so they will be able to stand the test and not lose faith in the trials. No where in those chapters is there a hint that vast numbers will be safe in a kingdom of safety and only those who "couldn't make it to Palestine" would have to hide.

Gsll- Again see question no. 42, he addresses that issue, particularly how EGW did not have all the light on end time events, and that to believe this as you do makes you just like the Jews who would had nothing to do with advancing truth (Jesus) because they were STUCK on Moses as being the declarer all of what is truth.

Ded- And so anyone can come and pull together some quotes from her writings and say -- "She didn't understand what she was really saying, but I have restored".
Test the spirits! 

Gsll- Yes! Test them and study them with a teachable spirit. Once the whole matter is studied, the positive and negative –THEN make a decision.

Ded- Aren't we strongly warned about placing a mere human into absolute kingly power? Yet that is what Houteff's interpretations prescribe.

Gsll- The Scripture is clear, Again read question no. 42 above. This answers much of your ideas and false assumptions.

Ded- “Now as in former ages, the presentation of a truth that reproves the sins and errors of the times will excite opposition.” This why they hated brother Houteff, No that is not the reason. Nor is he hated.
But I do NOT agree with his interpretations of certain prophecies.

Gsll-- Again, you have not studied history well. VTH was hated by some of the people (particularly the SDA leaders) . He was brutally beaten at least once in church and also the people who stood with him were mis-treated many times and all this is documented history. One lady was even punched in the stomach for just want ing to have communion.

Another lady was forced to stand out in the freezing cold during services. Start reading what REALLY happened. Once you do, you'll find that there is no record during VTH's time, about him or his people causing any damage or disturbance, it was always the other way around.

"There here is nothing in the popular ministry that stirs the wrath of Satan, makes the sinner tremble, or applies to the heart and conscience the fearful realities of a judgment soon to come.” (EW, p.273) – That me friend is what was at the core of this abuse of God's people back then.(even today for sure!)

The history shows that Victor was not treated in fairness or Christian decency. I noticed you commented on the Kangaroo court post (number one) yet no comment of the second one? Are you going to admit that the jury was biased? That it was underhanded and wrong to put on a facade of a hearing, only to back stab him AT THE SAME time in other high level GC meeting in another part of the country? That they were not having a hearing to arrive at truth but to placate the laity that they 'looked into VTH's teachings”?

Let's see whether you love the truth here but your admission on these points(?)

Why have you not admitted you are wrong about yourstatement here--
Ded- ..Florence took over the leadership and bolstered up their confidence by amplifying V.Houteff's statements that the 1260 prophetic days would have a literal fulfillment, so she marked off 1260 literal days that ended sometime in 1959, when certain end time events supposedly were to transpire --- of course they didn't. 

Gsll--May God forgive your soul sister, This is falsehood and twisting of the facts. Brother Houteff NEVER made any predictions of the time when the 1260 days would have an end time fulfillment. That was Florence Houteff's prediction SOLELY (who went apostate later even denying EGW). 

If you would study the history to know the truth, you'd know that Florence actually fulfilled brother Houteff predictions that some within would cause a “knock out blow” for the cause. Just as Judas was very close to Jesus and later betrayed him, so too Florence would later, after VTH's death betray Victor's cause and bring division in that day by “her” and her board of leaders to bring the Lord's Rod to the Alter to sacrifice (declaring that the her prediction would prove or disprove the message).

Ded- one can't read far in any of his tracts or book without being constantly led to his basic premises (his idea that purification means being slaughtered, and his idea that preaching the gospel to the world means a temporal LITERAL kingdom in Palestine).

Gsll- Did you not see where you are incorrect by claiming the church purification is VTH's “idea”? Scripture and SOP say these things that point to the LORD doing the purification directly . Please read –

“Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? This that is glorious in his apparel, traveling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. Why are Your clothes red, and Your garments like one who treads a winepress? I have trodden the wine press alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in My fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon My garments, and I will stain all My raiment. For the day of vengeance is in Mine heart, and the year of My redeemed is come. (Isaiah 63:1-4)

Gsll- Edom was known as the land of Esau, that signifies the tares in the church (Jacob was the wheat). Bozrah means “sheep fold” which signifies church. Now, to take this in context read the verse before it --”And they shall call them The Holy People, the REDEEMED of the LORD; and you shall be SOUGHT OUT, a city not forsaken.” So the “year of my redeemed is come” means that after this, these people will be “sought out” and have a city “not forsaken”.

The 144,000 in other words are now empowered by the Lord to go to work and people will see that the Lord is with them and they’ll call them “Holy people”.

“Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.” (Isaiah 52:1)

Gsll- has there ever been a time where God's church has not had the unclean among them since Isaiah's day? Absolutely not! A future prophecy yet to be fulfilled. God's word cannot return void please remember.

Also note that these unconverted ones no longer “come unto thee” meaning that there will be a clean place where no more sinners can come. Can this be said of those who run to the hills and mountains in the time of trouble? Of course not, that is foolishness. The converted ones will come to the holy city, not the holy deserted mountains and hills.

"Many, I saw, were flattering themselves that they were good Christians, who have not a single ray of light from Jesus. They know not what it is to be renewed by the grace of God. They have no living experience for themselves in the things of God.

And I saw that the Lord was whetting His sword in heaven to cut them down.Oh, that every lukewarm professor could realize the clean work that God is about to make among His professed people! Dear friends, do not deceive yourselves concerning your condition. You cannot deceive God. Says the True Witness: 'I know thy works.'" Testimonies, Vol.1 p. 190.

Gsll- Does “lukewarm professor” mean the world's professors here? Laodiceans are the only "lukewarm” people mentioned in SOP. The Lord is who will conduct this purification.

“We have been inclined to think that where there are no faithful ministers there can be no true Christians, but this is not the case. God has promised that where the shepherds are not true He will take charge of the flock Himself. God has never made the flock wholly dependent upon human instrumentalities. But the days of purification of the church are hastening on apace.

God will have a people pure and true. In the mighty sifting soon to take place we shall be better able to measure the strength of Israel. The signs reveal that the time is near when the Lord will manifest that His fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly purge His floor.” (Testimonies, vol. 5, p.80)

Gsll- After the sifting takes place the church “Israel” will better be able to be measured. Babylon is not Israel, no matter how you try to slice and dice it, so we know this purification is not about Babylon.. Further, how is this “sifting” going to take place? The Lord (not the Sunday law) will “thoroughly purge His floor (church) by His “fan” in His hand. .

Lastly to conclude, however resistant you are to advancing light, let it be known that you are but one in a LONG line of previous and existing skeptics through out the history of the Elijah message. Your doubtful points are nothing new and they should be addressed by the same way they have always been addressed—with logic and truth by answers from VTH himself--

Read this for example this question that calls him to task-

Question: "Please explain E.W. 36: "I saw that Jesus would not leave the most holy place until every case was decided either for salvation or destruction," etc.

Answer: The question which here arises is how is it possible to reconcile "The Shepherd's Rod" with the "Spirit of Prophecy," when the one seems to say that Jesus will leave the most holy place at Eze. 9, while the other says He will not leave until every case is decided?

Without attempting to explain the event described in E.W. 36, we shall inquire only into the matter of whether it is possible in view of the E.W. statement for Jesus to "leave" the most holy place to execute the work of Eze. 9 before the general close of human probation.

To begin with there is nothing in the word "leave" that connotes finality and permanence of condition or action. To leave once does not preclude the possibility of having left on previous occasions and then returned. Hence, on the logic of language alone, the mere fact that Sr. White "saw that Jesus would not leave the most holy until every case was decided," does not argue that He could therefore never have left the most holy place before, and that He cannot leave it to execute Eze. 9 on the church.

However, we need not base our position entirely on logic. The Scriptures abundantly evidence the fact that Jesus is to dwell in the midst of His People at a time before every case is decided. We quote Zech. 2:10, 11 -- "Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the Lord. And many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and shall be My people."

Verse 11 proves that in "that day" when He comes and dwells in the midst of Zion, "many nations shall be joined to the Lord," and every S.D.A. ought to know that there will be no nations joined to the Lord after probation is closed.

Moreover, in Isa. 66:15, which reads, "Behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with His chariots like a whirlwind, to render His anger with fury, and His rebuke with flames of fire," (Verse 16) "For by fire and by His sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many," we see that when He comes with fire, it is to "plead" with all flesh, which proves that it is during probationary time, for after the close of probation God will plead with no flesh.

Furthermore, Isa. 66:20 proves that it is in this time during which the Lord pleads with all flesh that "many nations" -- "all your brethren" -- are joined to the Lord. Hence, "in that day," the day of slaughter (Eze. 9; Isa. 63; Isa. 66), He "will come, and...dwell in the midst of "Zion."

Therefore, it is clear that Jesus is to come and dwell in the midst of His people here on earth before the close of probation, as He dwelt with His people in the exodus movement, as is described in Isa. 4.

Some have an altogether too narrow view of the Godhead. They think that in order for Jesus to carry on the investigative judgment in the heavenly sanctuary, He must confine Himself there every moment, and that even in case of necessity He cannot leave the place of the most holy apartment to do anything else until His mediatorial work is finished.

Christ's departure from the holy place, at the consummation of the investigative judgment, is to result in His visible second advent, whereas the event of Eze. 9 and Zech. 2:9-11 is an invisible coming.

Gsll- Advancing truth is indeed what the Lord's Elijah message means to us! Let us embrace truth wherever it is found, even if it is from a message that has been contemptible by others.

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 05/25/14 01:05 AM.
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #165403
05/25/14 05:27 AM
05/25/14 05:27 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
I wrote: that I read the first book and part of the second, that's about 20 of his answers and only a couple of them (questions and answers) actually touched on the main issues that trouble me about Houteff's teachings. And yes, I do find his answer superficial in that they DO NOT ANSWER MY CONCERNS on issues I find contradict truth.

You then listed a whole bunch of questions most of which did not concern those issues.

Do we need more light? Of course! That's not an issue here. The issue is -- "is Houteff's interpretation genuine light, or a mixture of truth and error calculated to deceive"?

The former and latter rain --
I wasn't dealing with that either, and didn't intend to, but since you brought it up -- I realize I do take issue with his answer.

The "rain" is not a human person, as Houteff seems to connect it too. The "rain" is the HOLY SPIRIT given to each responsive person -- the "rain" is the power of the Divine member of the heavenly trio.

Houteff says the former rain was initially the message of the apostles, and in our time the "former rain" was Ellen White's writings, and the latter rain was Houteff's writings!!!

Yes, I do take issue with that!

For the former rain was the Holy Spirit descending upon the church at Penticost --that was the initial outpouring, but each person also receives a "former rain" of the Holy Spirit, at their conversion.

It is the Holy Spirit that works on their hearts and minds to grow in Christ and truth. Without the Holy Spirit, we are spiritually dead.
God gives His Holy Spirit to all who call upon Him, that is the individual "former rain".
Those who do not respond to this "former rain" will not be prepared to receive the "latter rain" at the end of time, which is the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives.

Question #9 is far from my belief --
No Adventist that I know teaches the latter rain isn't poured out till after probation closes. So I agree "We know of no such statement"

When did the Seals Begin?
That is a whole different study that would take many pages.
Houteff believes the seals cover all earth's history, I believe they cover the history of Christianity.

What is the seal?
His answer while true in one sense, is very simplistic, and bent to support his idea.
Yes, the seal marks the person as being under the blood of Christ and heir to eternal life. Thus indeed they escape the destruction of Ezekiel 9 -- which takes place during the seventh plague.

And that seal includes the Sabbath!
Yet YOU have told me Adventists will not be tested on that -- as all active Adventists except the 144,000 (which I assume you mean are those who accept Shepherd Rod doctrines) will be dead before Sunday laws even become an issue.

But the Sabbath IS THE TEST that will face all Adventists, and only those fully committed to following Christ will pass that test and will be calling others to fully dedicate their lives in obedience to Christ. That will bring the world to decision.

Yet there is more to that end time seal.

Revelation tells us
Rev. 3:12 I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my new name.

The NEW Jerusalem!!!!

IS NOT THE HARVEST THE END OF THE WORLD?

Question No. 23:

How can your teaching of the separation of tares from the wheat in the church be harmonized with the statement which says: "The tares and the wheat are to grow together until the harvest- and the harvest is the end of probationary time....When the work of the gospel is completed, there immediately follows the separation between the good and the evil, and the destiny of each class is forever fixed"?-- "Christ's Object Lessons," pp. 72, 123.

Finally a good question!!!

Quote:
"The tares and the wheat are to grow together until the harvest; and the harvest is the end of probationary time." COL 72}
"The wheat and tares grow together until the harvest, the end of the world. (COL 75)
"Sinners who make a pretension of piety mingle for a time with the true followers of Christ, and the semblance of Christianity is calculated to deceive many; but in the harvest of the world there will be no likeness between good and evil. Then those who have joined the church, but who have not joined Christ, will be manifest. {COL 74.3}

Notice that she says it TWICE here, the second time she says the harvest when the separation occurs is THE END OF THE WORLD.
Also the tares must first fully manifest themselves, that they have no likeness with the wheat.
Then they are gathered in bundles and burned.

-- To me it's plain,
The Sunday test will fully manifest between the professors and the genuine. There will be no question in anyone's minds which ones are fully dedicated to Christ and which ones aren't.
It is then -- at the end of the world that the unfaithful lose life while the fully committed receive eternal life at Christ's coming.

Quote:
The wheat and the tares grow together until the harvest. The good and the bad fish are together drawn ashore for a final separation.
When the work of the gospel is completed, there immediately follows the separation between the good and the evil, and the destiny of each class is forever fixed. {COL 123

When the work of the gospel is completed --
But doesn't Houteff say that following the separation is when the loud cry of the gospel message goes out to world?

EGW says the harvest is the END OF PROBATION

Houteff counters with
"the "harvest" is the last part of probationary time

To EGW's comment that it is the end of the world,
Houteff writes:
"Thus to all practical purposes "the harvest" is indeed "the end of the world"--the end of the wicked."

What? Am I to understand that the death of unfaithful Adventists is the "end of the world", while the Sunday laws etc. and the image of the beast, and new converts having to hide in the mountains because they couldn't make it to temporal kingdom, are still future events according to what you have been sharing?

Then Houteff says that "Early Writings page 118 reveals the third angel does the harvesting"

Yet Early Writings says no such thing.

" I then saw the third angel. Said my accompanying angel, "Fearful is his work. Awful is his mission. He is the angel that is to select the wheat from the tares, and seal, or bind, the wheat for the heavenly garner." EW 118

That is not the harvest -- that is part of the sealing. The sealing must come before the harvest!

Read Revelation 14.
The harvest comes AFTER the third angel, when Christ rides forth with a sickle in hand.

Rev/ 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud [one] sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
14:16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: dedication] #165405
05/25/14 07:31 AM
05/25/14 07:31 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The more I read the more I'm convinced Houteff is mixing a truth with error. I'm sorry if this makes you think I don't want truth. But yes, I do want truth, and one statement here or there that seems to support his conclusions just can't hold up the whole of his interpretation. I just don't see his explanations answering the questions -- they just raise MORE questions.

Quote:
Gsll- Did you not see where you are incorrect by claiming the church purification is VTH's “idea”? Scripture and SOP say these things that point to the LORD doing the purification directly . Please read –

“Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? This that is glorious in his apparel, traveling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. Why are Your clothes red, and Your garments like one who treads a winepress? I have trodden the wine press alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in My fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon My garments, and I will stain all My raiment. For the day of vengeance is in Mine heart, and the year of My redeemed is come. (Isaiah 63:1-4)

Gsll- Edom was known as the land of Esau, that signifies the tares in the church (Jacob was the wheat). Bozrah means “sheep fold” which signifies church. Now, to take this in context read the verse before it --”And they shall call them The Holy People, the REDEEMED of the LORD; and you shall be SOUGHT OUT, a city not forsaken.” So the “year of my redeemed is come” means that after this, these people will be “sought out” and have a city “not forsaken”.

Firstly I did NOT in any place say there would be no "church purification". The church will be purified when it is no longer popular or politically correct to be a Sabbath keeping Christian.
Please don't misrepresent me by saying I don't believe something just because I don't believe Houteff's idea of HOW or WHEN something will be done.
You have done that a number of times already.

I have repeatedly shared that I do believe the church will be purified, and YOU IGNORED THAT, because it does not fit Houteff's idea.

And yes, it is a shepherd rod idea that Ezekiel 9 takes place before the Sunday law. EGW DOES NOT teach that.

As to Esau representing the Adventist tares? Where does that come from?
Esau was (Jacob's) Israel's brother, never part of "the children of Israel" so I don't even see how it fits with your definitions of "Israel" being the Adventist church.

First you say "Israel" represents the Adventist church in which are mainly tares that must be killed BEFORE the gospel is preached as a loud cry to the world. Now you say Israel (which is Jacob's name) are wheat, and Israel's brother are the tares.

In ancient history the Edomites were enemies of Israel. They sided with Babylon when Neb destroyed Jerusalem.

What does EGW say about the text you shared?

Quote:

We are nearing the time when Christ will come in power and great glory to take His ransomed ones to their eternal home.

"And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation." Isaiah 25:9.
"Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, His
reward is with Him, and His work before Him. And they shall call them, The holy people, The redeemed of the Lord: and thou shalt be called, Sought out, A city not forsaken." Isaiah 62:10-12.
In the great closing work we shall meet with perplexities that we know not how to deal with; but let us not forget that the three great powers of heaven are working, that a divine hand is on the wheel, and that God will bring His promises to pass. He will gather from the world a people who will serve Him in righteousness.
Long have we waited for our Saviour's return. But nonetheless sure is the promise. Soon we shall be in our promised home. There Jesus will lead us beside the living stream flowing from the throne of God (8T 253)

Isaiah 63

63:1 Who [is] this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this [that is] glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save.

Quote:
"Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in His apparel, traveling in the greatness of His strength?" Isaiah 63:1. With assurance comes the answer: "Without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." 1 Timothy 3:16. "Being in the form of God," He "thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. CT 263

63:2 Wherefore [art thou] red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?
63:3 I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people [there was] none with me:

Quote:
Prophecy had declared that the "mighty One," the holy One from Mount Paran, was to tread the winepress alone; "of the people there was none" with him. His own arm brought salvation; he was ready for the sacrifice. The fearful crisis was past. That agony which none but God could endure, Christ had borne. {ST, December 9, 1897 par. 3}
During the Master's agony of soul, the disciples slept. Again and again he came to them, desiring even the sympathy that humanity could have given him, but he had to tread the winepress alone, and of the people there was none with him.{RH, July 12, 1892

for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.
63:4 For the day of vengeance [is] in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.
63:5 And I looked, and [there was] none to help; and I wondered that [there was] none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me;

Quote:
"The unfallen worlds saw that the character of God could be vindicated only through this trial and conflict of the two forces. The attributes of God must be made to appear. Of the stability of his government there must be no question. And the Son of God himself proposed to carry forward the work to the end, to gain the victory over the prince of darkness and over all his allies.{Isaiah 63:1-4 quoted} {YI, April 15, 1897 par. 13}

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Alchemy] #165502
05/29/14 06:59 AM
05/29/14 06:59 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.

To be perfectly honest sister I can't be wasting my time further with you because to date you still have not admitted that you have bore false witness in speaking of brother Houteff concerning the 1260 day prophecy. Produced no evidence for those false statements you made. This Public Commandment breaking I will have no more part of.

To state blatant false testimony and then happily skip along as if it doesn't matter is wrong before the Lord. To be a false witness against someone is being a Commandment breaker and that means unless repentance is made, a spot or stain may appear upon one's soul. (See Testimonies, vol. 5, p.214)

If you'd be willing to admit this then it shows a truth seeker instead of an agenda maker.

The Jews denied further advancing light because they were stuck on Moses, Today we as Adventists can get stuck to --on EGW. you do not expect any messenger of God even though the Lord and His messenger BOTH predicted one to come.

She said "somebody is to come" as the Elijah prophet. He would be known as an Interpreter. The Lord himself said someone is to come (man) as Elijah the prophet.

That's the big difference here . You are satisfied in Scripture and EGW as your truth. I am satisfied with Scripture , EGW AND the Elijah prophet sent to our church.

"We should beware of indulging the spirit which controlled the Jews." (Test. to Ministers, p.108)

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #165525
05/30/14 05:33 AM
05/30/14 05:33 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
That's fine.
You are now turning this into personal attacks against me rather than dealing with issues.
As to the 1260 days, I do not think I bore any false witness. I wrote that Florence, Victor Houteff's wife, after V.Houteff's death, enlarged on Houteff's comments on the 1260 days and set dates that didn't materialize. That was not false witness.

I also explained some days ago, where you, yourself brought up from Houteff's writings information on the 1260 day prophecy on another thread. (Which Ship...)

Here is that comment:
Originally Posted By: dedication
Originally Posted By: dedication
In another thread you asked me: "Where does Houteff talk about 1260 days?"
This is one of those places -- (Vol. 7 Symbolic Code Nos. 7-12. page 8.) Here he seems to be putting the 1260 days in the first centuries A.D.? Ending with Constantine? Though not quite sure how he figures that as it is about 300 years.
There are other places as well where the 1260 days are mentioned by him."

I searched that reference and can't seem to locate what you are mentioning, can you elaborate a little more?

O.K.
I'll show it in your previous post on this thread where you quoted (Vol. 7 Symbolic Code Nos. 7-12. page 8.).

ALMOST DROWNED BY FLOOD BUT RESCUED BY EARTH.

"And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

The time, times and dividing (or half) of time are the same as the 1260 days, [Daniel 7:25, 12:7, Rev. 12:6, 14)

But that time period is now put in the first centuries AD.

Originally Posted By: GL&L
And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood....

While the dragon was persecuting her through the deceived Jewish priests who rejected Christ as the Messiah,
"there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles....
To her were given the wings of a great eagle her means of transport into the wilderness. The figure, "wilderness," being the opposite of the vineyard ("the house of Israel, and the men of Judah His pleasant plant"--Isa. 5:7), the former obviously denotes the Gentile nations. The apostles, therefore, in fulfillment of this prophecy were commanded, given the wings, to go preach to all nations.

So here he is directly linking the prophecy of the woman in the wilderness for 1260 day/years to the persecution of the Jewish Christians by the non-Christian Jews, starting in the days of the apostles.

Seeing this, the serpent sought to destroy the "woman's" usefulness among the Gentiles--he "cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood." Rev. 12:15.

Anyone can see that this "flood" can only represent the church's suddenly becoming infiltrated with unconverted pagans who, as in Constantine's time and for years thereafter, were even taken en masse and forced into baptism.

So here it appears that the first century Christians who were chased into the wilderness (here interpreted as the gentile world) by Jews, experience this "flood" at Constantine's time when Christianity was flooded with pagans? A flood which the "earth" is to "swallow"?

In the parables of Christ this same "flood" is described, but under the different term, "tares." And the evident fact that they are still very much in the church compels the painful realization that the earth has not as yet swallowed up the flood.

Yet, the 1260 day/years no longer fits in Houteff's explanation of Revelation 12?

In the SDA understanding, the church was forced into the wilderness when Christianity gained the power of the sword to impel people to worship according to the apostate canon laws.
The important date to mark the beginning being 538 AD. Indeed apostate religion was the force behind this.

The flood were powers bent on destroying the wilderness church.
The earth helped the woman by offering the freedom of religion on another continent. And indeed the flood of error was also restrained as truth began to shine forth.
The turning point date being 1798.

It's obvious from the reading of Houteff's comments on Rev. 12, that a person could easily assume that a future fulfillment of the 1260 days ends in the supposed "church cleansing" by the "earth opening up" and swallowing all the apostates (figurative of Ez. 9)

Also it appears the Shepherd Rod is not posting on the internet the issue of Symbolic Codes, Vol. 11, #1 that contains the information.

Florence Houteff's false 1260 day prophecy was based on the 1260 days pointing to the time when the SDA Church would be "purified" .

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: dedication] #165546
05/31/14 05:26 AM
05/31/14 05:26 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- "You are now turning this into personal attacks against me rather than dealing with issues.
As to the 1260 days, I do not think I bore any false witness. I wrote that Florence, Victor Houteff's wife, after V.Houteff's death, enlarged on Houteff's comments on the 1260 days and set dates that didn't materialize. That was not false witness.

Gsll- again quite amazing. First, you are the one making "personal attacks" against an innocent man- Victor Houteff.

You state the Florence Houteff "enlarged" Houteff's comments on the 1260 days.

1) Show us the statements WRITTEN BY VICTOR HOUTEFF saying anything about the fulfillment of the 1260 days in the last days.Just where did you get that from?

2) Obviously you have made us to believe that Victor made predictions on this 1260 days and that Florence was furthering HIS predictions. Again , show us the written documentation, can you provide them?

3) Who set those dates that led to that great big fiasco in the Mt. Carmel camp--Victor or Florence?

You are attempting to place the fiasco of the 1959 failed prophetic 1260 day application on Victor Houteff in an attempt to portray him in a false light. This is FALSE witness.

Ded- " yourself brought up from Houteff's writings information on the 1260 day prophecy on another thread. "

Gsll-That has nothing to do with a specific application and time table of the 1260 days into the future. You are surmising that.

Ded-"It's obvious from the reading of Houteff's comments on Rev. 12, that a person could easily assume that a future fulfillment of the 1260 days ends in the supposed "church cleansing" by the "earth opening up" and swallowing all the apostates (figurative of Ez. 9)"

Gsll- A person could assume? Show us how that comes about in your assumption (in detail please). That would be something to see. So instead of Victor explaining it, we should just assume it? interesting.

Ded- "Also it appears the Shepherd Rod is not posting on the internet the issue of Symbolic Codes, Vol. 11, #1 that contains the information."

Gsll-- Again, your words show that you have very little knowledge of the Srod or it's history. Those "codes" were the ones apostate Florence Houteff published, and thus are not believe authenic by many Srod followers.

Ded- "Florence Houteff's false 1260 day prophecy was based on the 1260 days pointing to the time when the SDA Church would be "purified".

Gsll- So now you are distancing yourself on this issue. All of a sudden it's Florence Houteff's false 1260 prophecy(?)

You have attempted also to paint him and his teachings in a false light when you spoke about the real possibility that his followers could rise up and start slaying those in the church.

In researching Houteff's writings I found that he endorsed the standard SDA teachings of the 1260 days.

Notice below the words "The period with the Bible" . You'll see the 1260 days shown. (538 bc to 1798 ad)

By the way this is one of about 27 charts VTH drew.

False witness is nothing to wink at. please provide those writings showing VTH made that 1260 day application for end times. If not please, for you own soul's sake admit that this was false witness.

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 05/31/14 06:11 AM.
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Alchemy] #165566
05/31/14 11:33 PM
05/31/14 11:33 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Are you so sure you are not the one doing the "false witnessing" by denying what I actually said and turning it into something different-- a BIG straw man, in order to shoot me down instead of dealing with the issues?

I said
Quote:
"Haven't we already seen the fruits of Houteff's writings several times? Yes, I realize present day Shepherd Rod's say those events are a "misunderstanding" of his writings.
Houteff's wife, Florence took over the leadership and bolstered up their confidence by amplifying V.Houteff's statements that the 1260 prophetic days would have a literal fulfillment, so she marked off 1260 literal days that ended sometime in 1959, when certain endtime events supposedly were to transpire --- of course they didn't.

Our friend's parents came back to Canada very disillusioned, with absolutely nothing -- no home, no money, destitute, and they had been quite well off previous to their journey to Mt. Carmel.
I did NOT say Victor Houteff gave the amplified version.
Never once did I say Houteff predicted the 1959 date, which you now seem to say that I said, and then falsely accuse me of bearing false witness.

"Also it appears the Shepherd Rod is not posting on the internet the issue of Symbolic Codes, Vol. 11, #1 that contains the information."

GL&L Again, your words show that you have very little knowledge of the Srod or it's history. Those "codes" were the ones apostate Florence Houteff published, and thus are not believe authenic by many Srod followers."

I'm also fully aware of that, for that particular issue does give the details as to why Florence made the prediction.
Now the shepherd Rod people are hiding that.

Interestingly they do publish quite a number of HER codes after code 11#1 where she mainly publishes V.Houteff's sermons.

Quote:
In that Symbolic Code it stated:
"He expressed the definite conviction that the time prophecy of Revelation 11:2-12 and Daniel 12:6, 7 could have met their fulfillment only in type from 538 A.D. to 1798 A.D. and that they have a latter-day fulfillment."-The Symbolic Code, vol. 11, no. 1, p. 3

What I said was that Florence, showed FRUITS (that is RESULTS) of Houteff's message, by enlarging on something Houteff had said.
The FRUITS (after effects) of his messages are anything but positive.

So Houteff also agreed with 538- 1798, but was his wife right, when she wrote that he regarded those years only as a "type" and the real fulfilment is yet to come?

His explanation of Revelation 12 does seem to agree that he was looking at other explanations?

Why don't you explain how that message that YOU POSTED on the other thread (taken from Vol. 9 Symbolic Code Nos. 1-12. page 6, and Vol. 7 Symbolic Code Nos. 7-12. page 8 can fit into 538 -1798?

There he is dealing with Rev. 12 where the woman goes "into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent"

He then explains this PROPHECY of the woman in the wilderness for "time, times and half a time" as follows:

And this time I'll take it straight from V.Houteff's writings not your post.

Originally Posted By: Houteff
Originally Posted By: Revelation 12
"And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth. And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." Rev. 12:13-17.

While the dragon was persecuting her through the deceived Jewish priests who rejected Christ as the Messiah, "there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles. And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him. As for Saul, he made havoc of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison. Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every-where preaching the Word." Acts 8:1-4.

To her were given the wings of a great eagle here means of transport into the wilderness. The figure, "wilderness," being the opposite of the vineyard ("the house of Israel, and the men of Judah His pleasant plant"--Isa. 5:7), the former obviously denotes the Gentile nations. The apostles, therefore, in fulfillment of this prophecy were commanded, given the wings, to go preach to all nations.

"Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said,
every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence. And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuse, and for a covert from storm and from rain." Isa. 4:3-6.

Only after this great purge in the Church (described also in the ninth chapter of Ezekiel), will the remnant be equipped to carry their fully blazing, lighted torch of Truth to all the Gentile world. Out of Zion will then go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. The work will then be finished, "cut short in righteousness," and the Lord will then appear in glory--seen by every eye (Rev. 1:7).

Seeing this, the serpent sought to destroy the "woman's" usefulness among the Gentiles--he "cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood." Rev. 12:15.

Anyone can see that this "flood" can only represent the church's suddenly becoming infiltrated with unconverted pagans who, as in Constantine's time and for years thereafter, were even taken en masse and forced into baptism. In the parables of Christ this same "flood" is described, but under the different term, "tares." And the evident fact that they are still very much in the church compels the painful realization that the earth has not as yet swallowed up the flood.

The figures "flood" and "tares" being synonymous, the time of the swallowing of the flood or of the burning of the tares are therefore both comprehended in the parable of the harvest (Matt. 13:30).

Besides, the Revelator points out that not until after the flood is swallowed by the earth, after the unconverted are "slain" and buried, and the church thereby purified, will the dragon wage his fiercest warfare against the remnant of the woman's seed. Hence, the harvest time in the church, the time the earth swallows the flood, is before the dragon wars against the remnant. Vol. 9 Symbolic Code Nos. 1-12

It's clear, Houteff, changed the symbols.

1) The wilderness is not presented as mountains and forests where the church hides from the papal armies during the dark ages of 538 to 1798, but rather the wilderness is presented as the apostles going to Gentile nations to preach which began in 34 AD.

2) He then takes an incredible leap into the future saying the gospel can't really go to the Gentiles until "the great purge of Ezekiel 9" takes place.

Then he back tracks to Constantine's time (312 AD) as to when the flood came (unconverted pagans).

3) According to Houteff the flood has not yet been swallowed by the earth. And he then links it to wheat and tares in the church. And again states not until the purge of Ezekiel 9 (which he in other places defines as pretty much all active Adventists being killed) takes place, before the gospel can go in full light to the Gentiles.

This is a complete distortion of the 1260 days.

Nowhere does it fit into 538- 1798.
The woman was in the wilderness from 538 - 1798.

But if I understand Houteff's reasoning in this "code" he is saying the church was "in the wilderness" (Gentile communities) preaching to the Gentiles from AD 34 to 312 AD, then the flood of unconverted came into the church which continues to this day, only now the concern is concentrated only in the Adventist church, and not till the Adventist members are all killed, will the "few survivors" (shepherd rod believers?) finally preach to the Gentiles in full power.

So here already in Rev. 12 we see that Houteff is teaching

"the definite conviction that the time prophecy of Revelation 11:2-12 and Daniel 12:6, 7 [which is the same 1260 day/year period as in Rev. 12] could have met their fulfillment only in type from 538 A.D. to 1798 A.D. and that they have a latter-day fulfillment."-The Symbolic Code, vol. 11, no. 1, p. 3 (Italicized words mine)

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: dedication] #165576
06/01/14 06:05 AM
06/01/14 06:05 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded-- " Florence took over the leadership and bolstered up their confidence by amplifying V.Houteff's statements that the 1260 prophetic days would have a literal fulfillment, so she marked off 1260 literal days that ended sometime in 1959, when certain end time events supposedly were to transpire --- of course they didn't."

Gsll- How can she be "amplifying" something that he did not say? Again this is a twisting of the truth. If he taught something about it then that could possibly be the case but he taught nothing about it.

Further, you claim that the code vol. 11,no. 1 had some info on that latter day fulfillment of the 1260 day prophecy. There are two errors here with your thinking.

1) It is well known among serious students of the SRod that F. Houteff was promoting her agenda and many (including me) strongly believe that these "new codes" were tampered with.

2) VTH NEVER authorized ANY sermon address (code reports)to be published that she published. They were not to be published and he did not want them published. VTH specifically published many addresses and oversaw them meticulously. She took over and started so much trouble in the movement.

Additionally you quote-- "the definite conviction that the time prophecy of Revelation 11:2-12 and Daniel 12:6, 7 [which is the same 1260 day/year period as in Rev. 12] could have met their fulfillment only in type from 538 A.D. to 1798 A.D. and that they have a latter-day fulfillment."-The Symbolic Code, vol. 11, no. 1, p. 3 (Italicized words mine)

Let's play the devil's advocate and say VTH did make this statement. Does these words give any specific information on that 1260 year prophecy? of-course not. No specific future dates can be imposed upon that statement, only if one wishes to impose them themselves!

I suggest you read this post to learn more on this issue that you talk about yet know very little:

Symbolic codes (the historical facts)

Ded-"Never once did I say Houteff predicted the 1959 date, which you now seem to say that I said, and then falsely accuse me of bearing false witness."

Gsll- if you'll read that quote again. you clearly imply that it was the original VTH statements that Florence was expanding on and showing the people--which is false.

read this clearly--Victor Houteff DID NOT teach of ANY latter day 1260 day prophecy fulfillment --understand?

Your twisting and squirming here is not helping. why don't you just say you were wrong and should have left his name out of that quote (and extremely important historical point) and then said that it was Florence's teaching that brought the people to the Mt. Carmel camp in Waco during 1959.

She also was THE CAUSE of people like your friend's parents who "lost everything" - do you understand this as well?

Again, to show you history that you should already know, if you wish to speak authoritatively on this subject, there were a sizable amount of original members of the camp who protested Florence's teaching and made a valiant effort to warn the people not to fall for the failed predictions. They decided to leave the camp well before this fiasco happened and those who came or remained, did so with their eyes and ears 'wide open".

Your attempt to continue to paint Victor in a false light and smear job is not fair and upright especially for a "Christian" who wants to get to the bottom of the issue--truth.

Again, you are continually ignoring previous statements such as your attempt to paint VTH as a teacher of some teachings that could lead some people to start shooting up people in the church (thinking they are doing God's will) -how utterly foolish and false. Can God be happy with this providing false public smearing of a man you know little about?

See the Wikipedia article, which shows he was strongly opposed to any such teachings. It's amazing how the anti- Rod people continue to stick with the same outlandish views of the SRod teachings. DSDA-Wikipedia

"True confession is always of a specific character, and acknowledges particular sins. They may be of such a nature as only to be brought before God, they may be wrongs that should be confessed before individuals who suffered injury through them, or they may be of a general kind that should be known in the congregation of the people. But all confession should be definite and to the point, acknowledging the very sins of which you are guilty." (Test. for the church, vol. 5, p.639)

".. very few who become involved in error are willing to humble themselves by renouncing their errors and accepting the truth when it is made known." (Tract 5,p.7)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 06/01/14 06:59 AM.
Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/15/24 09:27 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!