HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,656
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 17
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,724 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 73 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 72 73
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165761
06/08/14 01:24 AM
06/08/14 01:24 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Maybe MM - but then why the arguments? Christ was tempted in all points and just the same way we are tempted.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165763
06/08/14 02:13 AM
06/08/14 02:13 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
If this had been directed at a specific person, I wouldn't have allowed it to be posted.
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Daryl, what do you make of the following pronouncements? Should we fear for our safety and salvation? These are serious sayings. My wife, children, grandchildren, and friends are concerned. Please advice. Thank you.

Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Everything that God inspired me to say on this thread has been said except this...

For those truly intent on learning the truth of the things written about here go back and read again, and pray for the Holy Spirit to enlighten you and disarm you prejudice and self sufficiency. For everyone else, I pity you for what you are about to go through. . .

Father please forgive them for they know not what they do.

Soon many here will see the prophecies God revealed to me come to pass and seek me for more knowledge. Too bad you didn't know the hour of your visitation to get as much preparation as you need.

For those who have taunted me and rejected the message, death will not be easy for you. The words weighed in the balance and found wanting will be transcribed on your garments and you will howl in agony.

But those who want to lead the church in a new direction will be in misery very soon.

This is a hard thing to write. But even so Lord, please come soon.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165770
06/08/14 03:16 AM
06/08/14 03:16 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
And you speak for us do you?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165793
06/08/14 10:49 AM
06/08/14 10:49 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
APL, it seems like Arnold and Rosangela believe Jesus was tempted in all points during the three times He was tempted in the desert. In other words, the root of all temptations boil down to those three different points. They encompass the essence of all the different ways people can be tempted. It suffices for being tempted in a bazillion different ways.

You keep speaking as if you speak for me like you are my adversary willing to misrepresent what I believe because you cannot discern the truth God has shown me. But just to show that I understand that Jesus was tempted His whole life and not just in the wilderness here is the perfect quote from the Lords Servant who I am totally willing to support in everything God showed her.

"The temptations to which Christ was subjected were a terrible reality. As a free agent, he was placed on probation, with liberty to yield to Satan’s temptations and work at cross-purposes with God. If this were not so, if it had not been possible for him to fall, he could not have been tempted in all points as the human family is tempted. The temptations of Christ, and his sufferings under them, were proportionate to his exalted, sinless character. But in every time of distress, Christ turned to his Father. He “resisted unto blood” in that hour when the fear of moral failure was as the fear of death. As he bowed in Gethsemane, in his soul agony, drops of blood fell from his pores, and moistened the sods of the earth. He prayed with strong crying and tears, and he was heard in that he feared. God strengthened him, as he will strengthen all who will humble themselves, and throw themselves, soul, body, and spirit, into the hands of a covenant-keeping God.{YI October 26, 1899, par. 8}

But my point not that Jesus wasn't tempted by Satan His whole life as you are misrepresenting in trying to have the last say.

My point is that the temptations were external not internal longings or lusts as you present Him as. So stop twisting my words and misrepresenting my faith like Satan would.

"Jesus had been earnestly conversing with His disciples and instructing them; but as He neared Gethsemane, He became strangely silent. He had often visited this spot for meditation and prayer; but never with a heart so full of sorrow as upon this night of His last agony. Throughout His life on earth He had walked in the light of God’s presence. When in conflict with men who were inspired by the very spirit of Satan, He could say, “He that sent Me is with Me: the Father hath not left Me alone; for I do always those things that please Him.” John 8:29. But now He seemed to be shut out from the light of God’s sustaining presence. Now He was numbered with the transgressors. The guilt of fallen humanity He must (future tense: entering Gethsemane) bear. Upon Him who knew no sin must be laid the iniquity of us all. So dreadful does sin appear to Him, so great is the weight of guilt which He must bear, that He is tempted to fear it will shut Him out forever from His Father’s love. Feeling how terrible is the wrath of God against transgression, He exclaims, “My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death.”{DA 685.2}

Does this not say He began to bear the sins of the world in Gethsemane and it was temptation for Him to not go through it because it would separate Him from the Father?

It was in Gethsemane that He bore our guilt not His whole life. And that is when He vicariously experience our guilt and temptations not just the ones Satan suggested to Him, but the ones we had actually responded to in sin.

"It was soul-anguish that wrenched from the lips of God’s dear Son these mournful words: “Now is my soul troubled,—my soul is exceeding sorrowful even unto death.” Christ’s soul was bearing a weight of anguish because of the transgression of God’s law. He was overwhelmed with horror and consternation at the fearful work sin had wrought. His burden of guilt was so great because of man’s transgression of his Father’s law, that human nature was inadequate to bear it. His inexpressible anguish forced from his pores large drops of blood, which fell upon the ground and moistened the sods of Gethsemane.{ST August 14, 1879, par. 11}

Stop misrepresenting my faith. Speak of yourself.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165803
06/08/14 03:47 PM
06/08/14 03:47 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, you have not answered all the questions asked of you. At least, it is not obvious to me. Please answer my questions in plain, easy-to-understand words.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165804
06/08/14 03:48 PM
06/08/14 03:48 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Daryl, what do I say to my wife, family, and friends? They are concerned. Please advise. Thank you.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165808
06/08/14 05:04 PM
06/08/14 05:04 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: jsot
Does this not say He began to bear the sins of the world in Gethsemane and it was temptation for Him to not go through it because it would separate Him from the Father?

It was in Gethsemane that He bore our guilt not His whole life. And that is when He vicariously experience our guilt and temptations not just the ones Satan suggested to Him, but the ones we had actually responded to in sin.

NO. He bore our sin His whole life.

When Christ entered the wilderness his countenance was changed, its glory had departed, the weight of the sins of the world was pressing upon his soul, and his features expressed unutterable sorrow, a depth of anguish that fallen man had never realized. {2SP 89.1}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165809
06/08/14 07:29 PM
06/08/14 07:29 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I have said what will be said on the matter.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165810
06/08/14 09:34 PM
06/08/14 09:34 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
What do I say?

I say that you all and us all need to allow the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth, to follow Him, and endure to the end. If we do all this, we will know the truth and be saved.
Daryl, what do I say to my wife, family, and friends? They are concerned. Please advise. Thank you.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165835
06/09/14 06:29 PM
06/09/14 06:29 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Daryl, I don't understand how your reply addresses my concern.

Page 47 of 73 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 72 73

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Messages for This Time
by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:44 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/28/24 02:32 PM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:15 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:50 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 05/29/24 01:05 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!