HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,197 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20
Re: Biblical predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: James Peterson] #166100
06/21/14 04:23 PM
06/21/14 04:23 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
What does it mean to deny that Christ came in the flesh? That is what we need to know.

One way is to deny that Christ ever came, that the whole thing was a farce. However many do admit that He came, that He was a good man, but was not divine, that He was not the Son of God. These people deny that Christ came in the flesh and are therefore deceived by the spirit of antichrist. Another way to deny that Christ came in the flesh is to deny some essential port of His work, while still professing to believe on Him. This is the Matthew 7:21-23 class of people, and may be the most insidious of all!!!

John 1 says that Christ was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God, and that the word was made flesh and dwelt among us and was full of grace. God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, 2 Corinthians 5:19. Christ came to save sinners, 1 Timothy 1:15. The grace of Christ brings salvation, Titus 2:11. In Him dwelt the fullness of God bodily (in the flesh), Colossians 2:9. In His favor (grace) is life, Psalms 30:5. In Him was life and the life was the light of men, John 1:4. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten sin, that whosever beliveth in Him shall not parish, but have everlasting life, John 3:16.

If Christ had not come, all men would have perished. He that believes on the Son hath everlasting life, and he that believes not the Son shall not see life, John 3:36. 1 John 5:10-12 He that believes on the Son of God has the witness in himself: he that believes not God has made him a liar; because he believes not the record that God gave of his Son. 11 And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that has the Son has life; and he that has not the Son of God has not life. John 10:9-10 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

These text proved that Christ was manifested for the purpose of giving life. Therefore those that deny that Christ alone gives life, that man has life in himself, that man is immortal, is denying that Christ came in the flesh and has the spirit of antichrist, for they are denying the essential port of Christ's work. Denying the very thing that he was manifested in the flesh to do! The doctrine of hell is one such denial. And who teaches that?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Biblical predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: James Peterson] #166103
06/21/14 06:53 PM
06/21/14 06:53 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Hypocritical Christians deny Jesus. They say but do not. "All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not." Matthew 23:3. This is a spirit (attitude) of antichrist - one of many.

2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Re: Biblical Predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: Mountain Man] #166110
06/22/14 12:04 AM
06/22/14 12:04 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
His Child, thank for stating your position in such a succinct way. The fact you can do so speaks volumes. It must be thrilling to believe Jesus will return before Pope Benedict passes - a shot time, indeed. Do you also believe Jesus will return while President Obama is in office?

I have a hard time believing Jesus could not return before 1929 or 2013. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your 83.4 year application?

Dear Mountain Man,

It has been a long time.

You have asked me about Christ returning while Obama is President before.

I don't know if I answered it directly before of side stepped.

In the 1800's, it was not possible to say that Christ would return within 5-years or 20.

But now that the prophecies have fulfilled and Revelation is explaining Daniel by their fulfillment, as I currently read prophecy -- unless something not yet understood comes to light-- Christ can come while Obama is in office or within the first year of his successor. But I would suspect while Obama is in office.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Biblical predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: APL] #166115
06/22/14 02:01 AM
06/22/14 02:01 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline OP
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: APL
What does it mean to deny that Christ came in the flesh? That is what we need to know.

One way is to deny that Christ ever came, that the whole thing was a farce. However many do admit that He came, that He was a good man, but was not divine, that He was not the Son of God. These people deny that Christ came in the flesh and are therefore deceived by the spirit of antichrist. Another way to deny that Christ came in the flesh is to deny some essential port of His work, while still professing to believe on Him. This is the Matthew 7:21-23 class of people, and may be the most insidious of all!!!

John 1 says that Christ was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God, and that the word was made flesh and dwelt among us and was full of grace. God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, 2 Corinthians 5:19. Christ came to save sinners, 1 Timothy 1:15. The grace of Christ brings salvation, Titus 2:11. In Him dwelt the fullness of God bodily (in the flesh), Colossians 2:9. In His favor (grace) is life, Psalms 30:5. In Him was life and the life was the light of men, John 1:4. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten sin, that whosever beliveth in Him shall not parish, but have everlasting life, John 3:16.

If Christ had not come, all men would have perished. He that believes on the Son hath everlasting life, and he that believes not the Son shall not see life, John 3:36. 1 John 5:10-12 He that believes on the Son of God has the witness in himself: he that believes not God has made him a liar; because he believes not the record that God gave of his Son. 11 And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that has the Son has life; and he that has not the Son of God has not life. John 10:9-10 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

These text proved that Christ was manifested for the purpose of giving life. Therefore those that deny that Christ alone gives life, that man has life in himself, that man is immortal, is denying that Christ came in the flesh and has the spirit of antichrist, for they are denying the essential port of Christ's work. Denying the very thing that he was manifested in the flesh to do! The doctrine of hell is one such denial. And who teaches that?

I'm sorry; but that is your high and exalted opinion to cover your prophet. The Bible says otherwise about the Antichrist. Four times the word is mentioned and ONLY by John in his epistles:

• 1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
  • 1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
  • 1 John 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
  • 2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

It is evident, comparing scripture with like-scripture (the right thing to do), that:

Quote:
"to deny" that Jesus is the Christ
IS
"to not confess" that Christ came in the flesh ...

... something which only non-Christians do. For refusing to make such confession is made with the mouth as Pharaoh Ramses, "Who is the Lord, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I do not know the Lord, nor will I let Israel go." (Exod. 5:2) Secondly, John said that the spirit of the Antichrist was present in his day and that his was "the last hour", i.e. the time of the fall of Jerusalem. Read Acts 12.

///

Re: Biblical Predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: dedication] #166116
06/22/14 04:46 AM
06/22/14 04:46 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

James P. why are you narrowing and seeing with only tunnel vision things in order to avoid the many references to the "man of sin" the "antichrist" the "beast" etc etc.
God has given amble evidence that mankind need not be deceived on this matter.

If anti-Christ is merely someone who refuses to acknowledge that there was a historical Jesus Who is the Christ, then there were and are millions of anti-christs in the world and it means absolutely nothing as far as believers are concerned, except that they failed to spread the gospel effectively.

If you narrow it all down to those four verses then what is there to worry about? There's no threat to Christians.

But I doubt that you yourself narrow it down to those four verses, because you seem to believe an antichrist is yet coming after the nature of Stalin. How do you get that out of those four verses? They say nothing about a dictator or a persecutor.

This "tunnelling" is simply a ploy to blindfold people to the descriptions of the great deception that will sweep so many into perdition and loss of eternal life, because the DECEPTION is within Christianity.

Originally Posted By: dedication
The antichrist is described in 2 Thess. 2
There he is called "the man of sin".

Quote:
2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way.
2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2:9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Verse 3.
A falling away --- apostasy.
The falling away here is religious.
This falling away within the Christian community precedes the rise of the "man of sin"; the apostasy is the cause of his appearance.

Verse 4. - He opposes -- what does he oppose?
The object of opposition is not so much believers, as opposing Christ; for he is antichrist, the opponent of Christ.

But he is NOT Satan, for 2 Thessalonians 2:9 shows he is the instrument of Satan.

How does he oppose Christ? Not by denying Him. No, but by elevating himself above Christ!

And "exalteth himself above all that is called God".
Not only is he against the heathen gods, outlawing paganism, but also against the true God (comp. Daniel 7:25; Daniel 11:36).
Or that is worshipped;
he places himself above everything that is worshipped. The same word that is used in Acts 17:23,

So that he as God.
He claims the full authority to speak as the ultimate voice of God.

Sitteth in the temple of God.

Paul to compares believers in particular, or the Church in general, to the temple of God (see 1 Corinthians 3:17; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 2:20-22).
Thus this antichrist "sits" (or is enthroned) in the Christian church.

Showing - exhibiting - himself that he is God.

NOT like the Roman emperors to be acknowledged as one of many gods, but he claims for himself to be the very voice of God.

Assuming to himself all power in heaven and in earth, taking upon himself the authority to get rid of God's law (the 2nd commandment) or change God's law (the fourth commandment) and to make new ones.

He opposes Christ in his priestly office, by pretending to offer him up again in the sacrifice of the mass, and even thinking to create Christ within the wafer.

He opposes Christ in his priestly office by making dead people saints and intercessors and advocates.

And yes, he also denies that Jesus came in human flesh.
The whole fabricated doctrine of Mary's immaculate conception ---that is Mary by a special intervention of God, undertaken at the instant she was conceived, supposedly did not inherit the sinful nature common to all Adam's descendants.
Therefore she could pass on to Jesus a perfect nature unlike that of any other human.

Re: Biblical Predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: dedication] #166120
06/22/14 05:24 AM
06/22/14 05:24 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline OP
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
If anti-Christ is merely someone who refuses to acknowledge that there was a historical Jesus Who is the Christ, then there were and are millions of anti-christs in the world and it means absolutely nothing as far as believers are concerned ...

Incorrect. Read Acts 12, the entire chapter.

///

Re: Biblical Predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: His child] #166123
06/22/14 05:02 PM
06/22/14 05:02 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: His child
M: Do you also believe Jesus will return while President Obama is in office?

H: ... Christ can come while Obama is in office or within the first year of his successor. But I would suspect while Obama is in office.

Thank you for answering my question. I hear you saying Jesus will return within President Obama's term which includes the first year of the next president.

Re: Biblical predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: Mountain Man] #166124
06/22/14 05:04 PM
06/22/14 05:04 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, did you overlook this post?

Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Who do you believe is THE Antichrist?

I believe the "little horn," the "man of sin," the "antichrist," and the "beast" symbolize the same church-state coalition that will enforce the "mark of the beast" during the "time of trouble". The entire world will be divided into two groups: 1) the minority who live in harmony with the seal of God, and 2) the majority who live harmony with the mark of the beast.

Re: Biblical predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: James Peterson] #166126
06/22/14 05:08 PM
06/22/14 05:08 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: APL

I'm sorry; but that is your high and exalted opinion to cover your prophet. The Bible says otherwise about the Antichrist. Four times the word is mentioned and ONLY by John in his epistles:

• 1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
  • 1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
  • 1 John 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
  • 2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

It is evident, comparing scripture with like-scripture (the right thing to do), that:

Quote:
"to deny" that Jesus is the Christ
IS
"to not confess" that Christ came in the flesh ...

... something which only non-Christians do. For refusing to make such confession is made with the mouth as Pharaoh Ramses, "Who is the Lord, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I do not know the Lord, nor will I let Israel go." (Exod. 5:2) Secondly, John said that the spirit of the Antichrist was present in his day and that his was "the last hour", i.e. the time of the fall of Jerusalem. Read Acts 12.

///

Did I quote any prophet? You attack me but not my argument. Very interesting. Christians, so called, do very well deny Christ and His mission.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Biblical Predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: James Peterson] #166130
06/23/14 07:05 AM
06/23/14 07:05 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
If anti-Christ is merely someone who refuses to acknowledge that there was a historical Jesus Who is the Christ, then there were and are millions of anti-christs in the world and it means absolutely nothing as far as believers are concerned ...

Incorrect. Read Acts 12, the entire chapter.

///

Actually you just proved me CORRECT.

I wrote:
"I doubt that you yourself narrow it down to those four verses, because you seem to believe an antichrist is yet coming after the nature of Stalin. How do you get that out of those four verses? They say nothing about a dictator or a persecutor."

So now you jump to Acts 12 and try to make Herod the "antichrist"? But there is nothing there that says anything about an antichrist.

Previously you were so dogmatic that only those FOUR VERSES in the apostle John's letters, talked about and identified antichrist, but now you go to Acts 12 to identify him??????

Herod was not the antichrist,
though like hundreds of thousands of others he had a "spirit" of antichrist in him. The same "spirit that now works in the children of disobedience" Eph 2.2
And indeed, antichrist is a persecutor.

Herod did not deny that Jesus was come in the flesh,
he, like most of the Jews over which he ruled, knew Jesus came in the flesh, they denied that He was Divine.

Herod was a p-u-p-p-e-t of the Roman Empire, and acted very much like his masters. Besides he was already long dead by the time the apostle John wrote those passages about a coming antichrist.

You seem to be coming from a preterist way of thinking.
Both preterism and futurism were developed by Catholic scholars who were desperate to get the clear finger of prophecy which was pointing to the papacy as the antichrist to point at something else.

At first their theories didn't take hold, but when a few Protestants started popularizing these theories they started to push aside the historicist understanding until now Protestantism has for the most part completely forgotten their heritage and are the big promoters of both preterism and futurism!!

The reformation that finally broke the tyrannical hold of the papacy over the souls of men and women, was totally united on that point -- the papacy is the Biblical predicted antichrist.

That tyrannical system received a deadly wound and lost it's political hold over the people -- lost the power to use the sword to force people into their religion,
For the last 200 or so years people, at least in the western world, have enjoyed unprecedented religious freedom.

But the same antichrist is again rising to ever increasing political influence and power over kings and rulers and peoples. Prophecy predicted its wound would heal. The evidence is everywhere apparent! There is just too much evidence -- historically and present day -- the reformers were correct, they knew who the antichrist was.

Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!