HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,628
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,156 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Understanding the prophecy of Zechariah chapter 6 (part 1 of 3) [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #167272
08/07/14 12:10 PM
08/07/14 12:10 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
GLL, you've reposted Victor Houteff's view on Zech 6. I was hoping you'd share his view on the horses of Revelation 6.

I agree with VH that there is a connection in Zech 6 between the black horse and Babyon. Whereas VH says it is the church in bondage to Babylon, I view the black horse as Babylon itself because this horse, Babylon is responsible for silencing the voice of the Holy Spirit. We have the same picture in Revelation 11 where the Two Witnesses bare their testimony to Babylon/Egypt for 3.5 years but are slain and silenced:
Quote:
And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. Rev. 11:7.

Re: Understanding the prophecy of Zechariah chapter 6 (part 1 of 3) [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #167273
08/07/14 12:19 PM
08/07/14 12:19 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
So the picture in Zech 6 is that Babylon becomes a world ruler (still future when the mortal wound is fully healed) but Christ, the rider on the white horse challenges the dominion of Babylon. The white horse follows or pursues the black horse into the north. Outwardly the challenge fails because Babylon is apparently successful in silencing the voice of the Holy Spirit. The saints are not allowed to buy or sell and finally condemned to death. At the death sentence of the highest earthly authorities it seems as though Babylon wins and the Two Witnesses will be forever silenced but this is the prelude to the greatest deliverance of God's people ever recorded.

Re: Understanding the prophecy of Zechariah chapter 6 (part 1 of 3) [Re: Charity] #167286
08/07/14 03:01 PM
08/07/14 03:01 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline OP
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Mark-"GLL, you've reposted Victor Houteff's view on Zech 6. I was hoping you'd share his view on the horses of Revelation 6."

Yes, I did. The reason is because I wanted to make sure we have a clear view of Zech 6 lesson before comparing that to Rev. 6 horses. Sorry, should have made that clear. Hope to get to the other question and points shortly.

Re: Understanding the prophecy of Zechariah chapter 6 (part 1 of 3) [Re: Charity] #167287
08/07/14 03:17 PM
08/07/14 03:17 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

HORSE, BEAST, ASSIGNMENT

White, Lion, Bow + crown given
Red, Calf, Take peace + sword given
Black, Face of a man, Scales (1qt wheat, 3qt barley for a denarius -OW)
Dapple, Flying Eagle, Death + Hades (kill ¼ of the earth, etc, etc)

I'm looking for a relationship (if it exists) between the heavenly beasts, the color of the horses and the unique assignment of each rider.

Thank you

///

Good observation James. So the readers understand, you got the beast descriptions and their order, lion, calf, man and eagle, from Rev. 4:7. Another ingredient is the fact that the horses also correspond to the first four seals of the seven sealed scroll and that the Lamb has just taken the scroll from the hand of the Father. But I'll wait for GLL to post his replies. Looking forward to that GLL.

If you look at the four seals broadly, it becomes immediately obvious that nothing good is happening at all. From the first to the last, all the riders ride out to conquer. The one difference is the first rider: he rides out with a bow with no arrows and a crown on his head. The rest are clearly following after him in judgement by sword (No.2), famine (No.3) and pestilence (No.4, i.e. by sword, hunger, "death" which is disease, and beasts).

Finally, the fifth seal reveals the trouble which the children of God had experienced. They cry out like Abel, but like Abel are told to wait a little longer.

Somehow, these five seals seem to suggest the preaching of the gospel accompanied by trials, tribulations and judgement in the world, times of turmoil in which the saints get caught up and have to endure sorrow and pain. Viewed broadly, that is their meaning.

It takes a while to appreciate the symbolism, not minutely as the meaning of color or object but more like, taken together, what is the trend of progression. I realized that this morning.

///

Re: Understanding the prophecy of Zechariah chapter 6 (part 1 of 3) [Re: Charity] #167329
08/08/14 05:00 AM
08/08/14 05:00 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline OP
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
The first white horse in Rev. 6:2 is explained as follows. As you read this detailed explanation, the facts dis-prove our long time held denomination view that this horse represents a time in the Christian dispensation. The points raised and clarity should make us all consider that God has truth revealed in ways that we should acknowledge, even as it causes new ideas and views of old ideas and shortcomings.

Question:
"What Biblical proof have you for placing as you do the
seals of Revelation, chapters four to seven and the first part of the eighth? Why make them span the entire world's history, when the Seventh-day Adventist denomination has been teaching for years that they begin after the crucifixion?"

Answer:
The questioner has a perfect right to ask for Biblical proof of our interpretations of the Scriptures, but he must remember that our rights are as good as his. Hence, before answering his questions, we would like to ask him to give us but one Scripture as the basis upon which he can establish that the seals span the Christian era only.

Our being as well informed as the questioner on all the doctrines which the denomination teaches, and of the proofs upon which they are based, we are free to say that the strongest and the only foundation upon which the denominational interpretation stands is grounded upon the presumptuous idea that the white horse and he that sat on him, going forth conquering and to conquer (Rev. 6:2), represents the early Christian church in her best spiritual condition.

This position is assumed upon the unmitigated presumption that the color of the horse (white) must represent the purity of the early church, and that the words, "conquering and to conquer," stand for her rapid growth after Pentecost.

We agree that "white" stands for purity, and that "conquering and to conquer" could represent the growth of the church, but what proof would that be if such an idea is contradicted by all other truth?

For example, we call the reader's attention to the fact that when John was about to be shown in vision the events in the seven seals, it was about sixty-five years after the Pentecost and in the period when the church was already declining from her spiritual condition.

The voice which he heard said to him: "Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter" (Rev. 4:1); that is, the event which he was to be shown was to transpire in the future, "hereafter," from the time John had the vision.

Now let us take notice of the event he saw. Says John: "I was in the Spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. And I saw in the right hand of Him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the back side, sealed with seven seals. And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. And I wept much,...and one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof." (Rev. 4:2; 5:1,3-5.)

The event of which John prophesied was to transpire in the future from John's time instead of having already taken place.

Hence, the idea that the white horse with its rider represents the rider in her purity after the Pentecost is only a presumption.

Moreover, it is taught that the book with the seven seals is the book of "Daniel and Revelation," and that those who interpreted the seals are the ones who opened the book, whereas, a "strong angel proclaimed with a loud voice," that "no man in heaven, nor in the earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon."

Consequently, we would like to ask the questioner how could the men who interpreted the seals open the book if they could not even "look thereon"? Still further, whoever heard that the church could be symbolized by a man riding on a horse!

Furthermore, those who are fighting against the sealing message on the pretext that it contradicts the Spirit of Prophecy have themselves altogether closed their eyes to the voice of the Spirit of Prophecy by a flat contradiction of it, for they claim that the book with the seven seals is the book of "Daniel and Revelation," whereas, the Spirit of Prophecy, in perfect harmony with "The Shepherd's Rod," says: "Thus the Jewish leaders made their choice. Their decision was registered in the book which John saw in the hand of Him that sat upon the throne, the book which no man could open. In all its vindictiveness this decision will appear before them in the day when this book is unsealed by the Lion of the Tribe of Judah." -- "Christ's Object Lessons," p. 294.

The above quoted passage shows that this book contains the names and record of those who profess to be the people of God. Then, how could it be the book of "Daniel and The Revelation"?

We would not take longer in disproving the former interpretation of the seals, but we shall briefly prove the reason why the seals cover the entire history of the human race.

One of the proofs that the seals include the entire world's history is in the fact that the book with the seven seals is "The book of life," which contains the record of God's professed people, and also in the fact that it was to be opened in the day of judgment. Hence, it proves that in 1844, when the judgment began, Christ opened the book before the throng that surrounded the throne, and this being the Lamb's book of Life (which no one but the Lamb could open), containing the record of the people from Adam's time and on, it is obvious that the seven seals, which were broken at the beginning of the judgment, contain the entire history of the human race, divided into seven periods, which sealed the book up to the day of judgment. See our exposition on the seals in "The Shepherd's Rod," Vol. 2, pp. 194-221.

(Symbolic Code, Vol. 2, no.7-8. page 8-10)

Re: Understanding the prophecy of Zechariah chapter 6 (part 1 of 3) [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #167359
08/08/14 07:47 PM
08/08/14 07:47 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
One of the proofs that the seals include the entire world's history is in the fact that the book with the seven seals is "The book of life," which contains the record of God's professed people, and also in the fact that it was to be opened in the day of judgment. Hence, it proves that in 1844, when the judgment began, Christ opened the book before the throng that surrounded the throne, and this being the Lamb's book of Life (which no one but the Lamb could open), containing the record of the people from Adam's time and on, it is obvious that the seven seals, which were broken at the beginning of the judgment, contain the entire history of the human race, divided into seven periods, which sealed the book up to the day of judgment. See our exposition on the seals in "The Shepherd's Rod," Vol. 2, pp. 194-221. (Symbolic Code, Vol. 2, no.7-8. page 8-10)

First of all, neither EGW nor VH ought to have taken it upon themselves to supply meaning where meaning was already given. And meaning was already given. Jesus himself told John, "Come up here (in heaven), and I will show you things which must take place after this." (Rev. 4:1) Notice he said, "I will show you ..." He did not say "tell" but "show".

Secondly, the book was an audio-visual revelation of things pertaining to the Kingdom of God on earth, i.e. of the Christian era; as Jesus said, "I will show you things which must take place after this." Therefore, for every seal opened, one of the beasts said, "COME AND SEE ...". There is no record of anyone saying so for the fifth, sixth and seventh time, but John did say, "... And I saw ..."

The first five seals, at least, therefore pertain to the fall of Jerusalem, the horses indicating the army of God (first in salvation, through the Christian martyrs, and then in judgment, through the Jewish Zealots and Roman army). The third seal depicted the famine that plagued Jerusalem under the siege of Titus. The fourth, the army of Titus himself laying waste to the Jews trying to escape the besieged city. The fifth seal depicted the believers of all ages crying out to God, as it were, for vengeance against the sons of men who, in their zeal for "Jerusalem" brutally cut down any believer calling attention to Christ and prophesying of the city's doom.

We can be confident of this because the book needed a judge of men. "Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals." (Rev. 4:5) Only Jesus Christ was of men yet above every man and therefore equipped to be the judge of man. Which is the reason John wept. Caught up in the moment, he saw no Saviour, until the Lamb arrived from the earth into heaven to sit on the Throne of God.

///

Re: Understanding the prophecy of Zechariah chapter 6 (part 1 of 3) [Re: James Peterson] #167387
08/09/14 05:13 PM
08/09/14 05:13 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
. . .The book was an audio-visual revelation of things pertaining to the Kingdom of God on earth, i.e. of the Christian era; as Jesus said, "I will show you things which must take place after this." Therefore, for every seal opened, one of the beasts said, "COME AND SEE ...". There is no record of anyone saying so for the fifth, sixth and seventh time, but John did say, "... And I saw ..."

James, the "I will show you things which must take place after this" statement appears in Rev 4:1, right after the message to the seven churches and immediately after the message to the church of Laodicea, the people judged. According to Daniel 7:10 the books of judgment are opened when the Son of Man is presented before the Ancient of Days.

Adventism teaches that happened in 1844 and I believe it did for those who accepted the third angel's message. But Daniel 7:10 and Revelation 6 apply especially to the future when all the world is arraigned before the bar of God at the investigative judgment of the living. Daniel 7 and Revelation 4 and 5 show the preparation going on now in heaven for this greatest of events. To many this will be an overwhelming surprise.

Re: Understanding the prophecy of Zechariah chapter 6 (part 1 of 3) [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #167389
08/09/14 09:03 PM
08/09/14 09:03 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
The sealed book in the right hand of the One seated on the throne in Revelation 5 is the same book IMO that Daniel was told to seal up until the time of the end. Daniel 12:4. 1798 is the common understanding in Adventism as the start of the time of the end but if you take the statement introducing the vision of Rev. 4 and 5 literally, (that the book is unsealed "after this" referring back to the seven churches,) the unsealing of the books of judgment occurs during the final phase of the final church, Laodicea, the people judged.

Re: Understanding the prophecy of Zechariah chapter 6 (part 1 of 3) [Re: Charity] #167395
08/10/14 12:37 AM
08/10/14 12:37 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
. . .The book was an audio-visual revelation of things pertaining to the Kingdom of God on earth, i.e. of the Christian era; as Jesus said, "I will show you things which must take place after this." Therefore, for every seal opened, one of the beasts said, "COME AND SEE ...". There is no record of anyone saying so for the fifth, sixth and seventh time, but John did say, "... And I saw ..."

James, the "I will show you things which must take place after this" statement appears in Rev 4:1, right after the message to the seven churches and immediately after the message to the church of Laodicea, the people judged. According to Daniel 7:10 the books of judgment are opened when the Son of Man is presented before the Ancient of Days.

Adventism teaches that happened in 1844 and I believe it did for those who accepted the third angel's message. But Daniel 7:10 and Revelation 6 apply especially to the future when all the world is arraigned before the bar of God at the investigative judgment of the living. Daniel 7 and Revelation 4 and 5 show the preparation going on now in heaven for this greatest of events. To many this will be an overwhelming surprise.

Then SDA hold to a false doctrine.

First John sees Christ in the midst of the seven candlesticks (where he receives detailed messages for the Church) and then he sees Christ ascend into heaven. That ascension of the Lamb to sit at the right hand of God was reported in Acts 1. There the Lamb is pictured as having seven horns and eyes, representative of the Spirit sent into the world as Christ himself promised. We know that to have begun on the day of Pentecost. See Acts 2.

Therefore, the seven seals begin thereafter.

///

Re: Understanding the prophecy of Zechariah chapter 6 (part 1 of 3) [Re: Charity] #167396
08/10/14 12:45 AM
08/10/14 12:45 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
The sealed book in the right hand of the One seated on the throne in Revelation 5 is the same book IMO that Daniel was told to seal up until the time of the end. Daniel 12:4. 1798 is the common understanding in Adventism as the start of the time of the end but if you take the statement introducing the vision of Rev. 4 and 5 literally, (that the book is unsealed "after this" referring back to the seven churches,) the unsealing of the books of judgment occurs during the final phase of the final church, Laodicea, the people judged.

The time of the end, according to Jesus Christ was after the day of Pentecost and refers to the time of the end of the Levitical Priesthood and the judgement of Jerusalem culminating in 70AD. Jesus said, "Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (whoever reads, let him understand) ... " (Mat. 24:15) Such was the time when the prophecies of Daniel were understood.

///

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!