HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23
Re: 3rd Quarter 2014 - The Teachings of Jesus [Re: asygo] #167803
08/29/14 05:09 PM
08/29/14 05:09 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Friday August 29

Further Study: Ellen G. White, Go Teach All Nations, pp. 818-828, in The Desire of Ages; The Great Commission, pp. 25-34, in The Acts of the Apostles. Every true disciple is born into the kingdom of God as a missionary. He who drinks of the living water becomes a fountain of life. The receiver becomes a giver. The grace of Christ in the soul is like a spring in the desert, welling up to refresh all, and making those who are ready to perish eager to drink of the water of life. — Ellen G. White, The Desire of Ages, p. 195. The Saviour’s commission to the disciples included all the believers. It includes all believers in Christ to the end of time. It is a fatal mistake to suppose that the work of saving souls depends alone on the ordained minister. . . . All who receive the life of Christ are ordained to work for the salvation of their fellow men. For this work the church was established, and all who take upon themselves its sacred vows are thereby pledged to be co-workers with Christ. -Page 822.
Discussion Questions:

Not everyone is able to travel the world preaching the gospel. What, though, are ways that each one of us can be involved in the task of spreading the gospel to the world in the context of the three angels’ messages?
In what ways is your local church continuing Jesus’ ministry in your community? How could you help to improve the church’s missionary service?
Jesus said that the gospel would go to all the world. For the vast majority of human history since He spoke those words, methods of communication had not changed. Two hundred years ago communication wasn’t much faster than it was 2,000 years ago, when Jesus gave us the gospel commission. Of course, all of that has changed, especially in the last 50 years, in which we have developed methods of communication that are amazing. How can we better learn to use the incredible technology we have been given in order to do the work that we have been promised will be done?
In class, based on the question at the end of Monday’s lesson, let those who are willing to share their own personal experience with Jesus. How can we use our own testimony as a witness to others? Why should we use our own experience?

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: 3rd Quarter 2014 - The Teachings of Jesus [Re: Mountain Man] #167804
08/29/14 05:15 PM
08/29/14 05:15 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Jesus was labeled a "goody-two-shoes" and yet He managed to meet the needs of everyone who believed on Him. I prefer pastors and leaders who have gotten the victory, who have overcome as Jesus overcame. I don't appreciate it when a convert gets up front and describes in detail his or her life of sin before finding peace and freedom in Jesus. Spare me the details. Dwell on the power of God to save to the uttermost. Describe in detail how to overcome as Jesus overcame.

Actually, they labeled Him a demon-possessed blasphemer, IIRC.

I remember sitting in rapt attention as a pastor spoke of his great struggle over tofu. After much effort, he finally overcame it and now eats the soy beans directly... Said nobody ever.

Tales of victory over real sins is a help to those of us who are serious sinners.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Reply Quote
Re: 3rd Quarter 2014 - The Teachings of Jesus [Re: Daryl] #167824
08/30/14 05:42 PM
08/30/14 05:42 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tofu. Too funny. Still, spare me the dirty details. Say just enough to honor and glorify Jesus. Elaborate on His power to redeem and to restore.

Reply Quote
Re: 3rd Quarter 2014 - The Teachings of Jesus [Re: asygo] #167827
08/30/14 07:00 PM
08/30/14 07:00 PM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec
Originally Posted By: asygo
There are leaders who have a personal experience to tell. But I think we have a tendency to veer away from such "damaged" Christians....We seem to shy away from those who love much because they have been forgiven much and overcome by the blood of the Lamb.
I believe you're right here Arnold.
Those with a true personal victory may be the only qualified leaders.

You may recall that our message is to tell others what Christ has done for us,
though few will receive it.

Reply Quote
Re: 3rd Quarter 2014 - The Teachings of Jesus [Re: Mountain Man] #167829
08/30/14 07:37 PM
08/30/14 07:37 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Jesus was labeled a "goody-two-shoes" and yet He managed to meet the needs of everyone who believed on Him. I prefer pastors and leaders who have gotten the victory, who have overcome as Jesus overcame. I don't appreciate it when a convert gets up front and describes in detail his or her life of sin before finding peace and freedom in Jesus. Spare me the details. Dwell on the power of God to save to the uttermost. Describe in detail how to overcome as Jesus overcame.

I can understand your point MM,
I've heard "testimonies" that glorify evil far more than they glorify the power of God to overcome. People would be laughing as the person giving the "testimony" gave enthusiastic and vivid descriptions of their exploits in the world of sin. The last minutes or so of the testimony would be like an anti-climax, almost a let down -- the fun is over, I've been converted, now life is peaceful. (the implication is "boring")

What effect does that give? What is the real message of such "testimonies"?
Go out and sow your wild oats, experience the fun of the world for indeed it is exciting, and when you are older you can settle down and get on with the Christian life. It induces the desire to experience the worldly life especially in the hearts of the young.

On the other hand there is definitely a place for a true testimony of God's saving grace from the grips of sin. I've heard those as well, but they do not glorify evil, they emphasize the destructive nature, the total failure of these things meeting the real needs of the heart, and spend much more time on how God lifted them up and showed them real joy and fulfilment.

Reply Quote
Re: 3rd Quarter 2014 - The Teachings of Jesus [Re: Daryl] #167830
08/30/14 07:51 PM
08/30/14 07:51 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Those who experience God's power in lifting them from the controlling power of specific sin do appreciate and love the truth of salvation much more than those who just coast along on the cultural norms of Christian living.

This "overcoming" is usually more obvious and more visually dramatic in people who have lived in some subculture of sin and escaped from it, yet it can be equally powerful in people who have never really left "the truth" but still have found themselves controlled by some powerful sins.

One does NOT have to experience the "wild side" in order to powerfully experience God's grace and power to overcome sin, and to have a convincing testimony to glorify God.

Reply Quote
Re: 3rd Quarter 2014 - The Teachings of Jesus [Re: Daryl] #167831
08/30/14 08:10 PM
08/30/14 08:10 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The Lesson for this week seems to take us back to last quarter's theme:
What did Jesus teach concerning God's Law?

We are to read the following scripture in preparation for the study.

"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Matt. 5:17-19,

"You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment...
27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, you shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart....
31 “Furthermore it has been said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery....
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, Matt. 5:21-44,

7:9 "You reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition. 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is Corban” (that is, a gift to God), 12 then you no longer let him do anything for his father or his mother, 13 making the word of God of no effect through your tradition which you have handed down. And many such things you do.” Mark 7:9-13,

"If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to Him, “Which ones?”
Jesus said, ‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
20 The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?”
21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
Matt. 19:16-22.

Reply Quote
Re: 3rd Quarter 2014 - The Teachings of Jesus [Re: Daryl] #167840
08/31/14 01:34 AM
08/31/14 01:34 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Amen, Dedication!

Reply Quote
Re: 3rd Quarter 2014 - The Teachings of Jesus [Re: Daryl] #167868
09/02/14 12:08 AM
09/02/14 12:08 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Here is the direct link to this week's study:

http://www.ssnet.org/lessons/14c/less10.html

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Reply Quote
Re: 3rd Quarter 2014 - The Teachings of Jesus [Re: Daryl] #167869
09/02/14 12:13 AM
09/02/14 12:13 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Many of the leaders in Israel highly exalted the law.

Today, however, many leaders of Christianity say that the law has been done away with.

What about Jesus? He exalted the Ten Commandments, clearly affirming the perpetuity of the Decalogue and explaining its meaning and purpose. Christ Himself said that He had come to fulfill the law (Matt. 5:17). In many ways, His death was the ultimate revelation of the continued validity of God’s law.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Reply Quote
Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!