HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: APL] #168127
09/16/14 07:11 AM
09/16/14 07:11 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The freedoms we have enjoyed here in North America over the last two centuries was bought by people willing to give their lives to fight for this freedom.

Actually, I think there will be military action against the ISIS and they will easily be defeated.

However, defeating the ISIS isn't really going to solve the problems. There are a lot of groups, including Muslim groups that want the ISIS defeated. “Once the fighting is over, the political infighting will begin right away,” predicted Bill Roggio, of the Long War Journal.
Getting rid of the ISIS will simply create a vacuum for another radical Muslim group to seize greater control in the Middle East.

Just like getting rid of Saddam Hussein really didn't help the Middle East that much, Saddam's Islamic government, in spite of his injustices, was considerably more moderate than the groups now striving for supremacy.

The world is rallying to "do something" about ISIS problem, so how should we love those ISIS soldiers?

Pray for them -- that God will give them a new heart and lead them into truth, before it is too late for them.

Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: APL] #168136
09/16/14 02:33 PM
09/16/14 02:33 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
So to summarize you last post dedication - how we love the ISIS soldier is to pray for them, that's it. The rest of your comment was not on topic. Green, MM and Daryl don't have answers either. Green gives a tangential answer that David killed Goliath, implying what? he does not say. But I take it green is saying that killing an ISIS soldier may be OK. Is that the loving thing to do? Green says of me, "As before, you don't answer a straight question directly.". But then he does not have a straight answer either. But we do have an answer, Christ has given it to us and shown us. Read Matthew 5. Read Luke 6. The answer is there.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: APL] #168140
09/16/14 04:19 PM
09/16/14 04:19 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
...Green gives a tangential answer that David killed Goliath, implying what? he does not say. But I take it green is saying that killing an ISIS soldier may be OK. Is that the loving thing to do? Green says of me, "As before, you don't answer a straight question directly.". But then he does not have a straight answer either. But we do have an answer, Christ has given it to us and shown us. Read Matthew 5. Read Luke 6. The answer is there.

APL,

Obviously, God does not do anything that is not loving. God is love. Also, God does not inspire any action that is not loving. Would you agree with these points?

I would assume that you would agree with those points.

Now, let's move on to a weighter question--one requiring a little more advancement in spiritual growth and maturity to answer. We know that God inspired David to kill Goliath. So here's the question: How was it a loving act for David to kill Goliath?

When you can properly answer that question, you will have at the same time solved most of the "mysteries" that you like to bring to this forum, and you will have at the same time touched on a substantial piece that has been heretofore missing from your understanding, leaving a void in your theological pragma that has been filled by erroneous beliefs. It is simply not possible to attain a correct understanding when beginning with incorrect assumptions. Look carefully at your assumptions. Re-evaluate them.

You have assumed, for example, that many times when the Bible says "God" it means "Satan." You have assumed that when the Bible says "kill" it means "murder." You have assumed that when there is "punishment" it is "evil." Are these all correct assumptions?

Do parents do "evil" to punish their children? As I understand it, some parents won't be in Heaven because they did NOT punish their children. Which, then, is more "evil"?

If ISIS soldiers are destroying innocent humans and committing inhumane acts of barbarity, which is more evil: 1) To ignore the plight of the victims? or 2) To make war against these enemies until they should either surrender or be destroyed?

You like straight answers. I will give you mine, will you give us yours? I would answer that it is more evil to ignore the plight of the victims, and let their cries fall upon deaf ears.

God will eventually bring about justice with the same goal in mind: the eradication of evil.

Is it right to pray for one's enemies? Sure. As long as they have a probation still. As long as I harbor ill will toward them. Prayer will be effective; if not for one's enemies, for one's own attitude and perspective toward them. But David did not merely bend his knees before Goliath. In fact, the Bible tells us that David RAN toward the giant. Why? That's another question a spiritually mature Christian should be able to answer.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: APL] #168142
09/16/14 07:41 PM
09/16/14 07:41 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: green
Obviously, God does not do anything that is not loving. God is love. Also, God does not inspire any action that is not loving. Would you agree with these points?
You mean like giving laws for divorce? Perhaps the laws of polygamy?

Now, let's move on to a weighter question--one requiring a little more advancement in spiritual growth and maturity to answer.
Did the children grow spiritually from the time they left Egypt until the time of Christ? Were they ever supposed to fight? This does take spiritual maturity to understand what God really wanted.

Jeremiah 7:24-27 But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward. 25 Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them: 26 Yet they hearkened not unto me, nor inclined their ear, but hardened their neck: they did worse than their fathers. 27 Therefore thou shalt speak all these words unto them; but they will not hearken to thee: thou shalt also call unto them; but they will not answer thee.

We know that God inspired David to kill Goliath.
And your Bible references are? Did God inspire Israel to fight their way into Canaan? So terribly blinded had they become by transgression. The Lord had never commanded them to "go up and fight." It was not His purpose that they should gain the land by warfare, but by strict obedience to His commands. {PP 392.3}

You like straight answers. I will give you mine, will you give us yours? I would answer that it is more evil to ignore the plight of the victims, and let their cries fall upon deaf ears.
OH! Like the situation with Job and his family? Do you accuse God have a great crime here in ignoring the plight of the victims of Satan? Or what happens every day around the world today where murder, rape, theft are all rampant and it falls on deaf ears?

Is this what Jesus taught in the Sermon on the Mount - to wage war against the likes of ISIS? Nope. What did Jesus teach?

Across the sea from the place where they were assembled was the country of Bashan, a lonely region, whose wild gorges and wooded hills had long been a favorite lurking ground for criminals of all descriptions. Reports of robbery and murder committed there were fresh in the minds of the people, and many were zealous in denouncing these evildoers. At the same time they were themselves passionate and contentious; they cherished the most bitter hatred of their Roman oppressors (ISIS soldiers) and felt themselves at liberty to hate and despise all other peoples, and even their own countrymen who did not in all things conform to their ideas. In all this they were violating the law which declares, "Thou shalt not kill." {MB 56.1}

The spirit of hatred and revenge originated with Satan, and it led him to put to death the Son of God. Whoever cherishes malice or unkindness is cherishing the same spirit, and its fruit will be unto death. In the revengeful thought the evil deed lies enfolded, as the plant in the seed. "Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him." 1 John 3:15. {MB 56.2}

"Whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca [vain fellow], shall be in danger of the council." In the gift of His Son for our redemption, God has shown how high a value He places upon every human soul (even ISIS soldiers), and He gives to no man liberty to speak contemptuously of another. We shall see faults and weaknesses in those about us, but God claims every soul as His property--His by creation, and doubly His as purchased by the precious blood of Christ. All were created in His image (ISIS soldiers), and even the most degraded are to be treated with respect and tenderness (even ISIS soldiers). God will hold us accountable for even a word spoken in contempt of one soul for whom Christ laid down His life. {MB 56.3}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: APL] #168144
09/16/14 11:20 PM
09/16/14 11:20 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I am praying military intervention will stop ISIS. I fully expect Jesus to answer my prayers.

Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: Mountain Man] #168149
09/17/14 12:11 AM
09/17/14 12:11 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
I am praying military intervention will stop ISIS. I fully expect Jesus to answer my prayers.
Really? Has military intervention solved the problems in Iraq so far? In Afghanistan? Is killing the solution to the sin problem? Military force will never solve this problem.

Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: APL] #168154
09/17/14 01:24 PM
09/17/14 01:24 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
You are taking it too far. I am only praying military intervention will stop ISIS. I am not praying for world peace. Jesus said, Wars and rumors of wars will persist to the end.

Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: Mountain Man] #168156
09/17/14 01:48 PM
09/17/14 01:48 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
You are taking it too far. I am only praying military intervention will stop ISIS. I am not praying for world peace. Jesus said, Wars and rumors of wars will persist to the end.
I'm taking it too far? What? Has military action improved the Iraq situation since 9/11? Is the world a safer place today than it was then? Is military action what Christ preached in the Sermon on the Mount? Is that the way to treat an enemy?

Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: Mountain Man] #168166
09/17/14 06:11 PM
09/17/14 06:11 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Don't you think Jesus is causing ISIS? Why would you pray against what is His will? Or are you saying that you believe this a rare case where disease, death, and destruction is not caused by Jesus?

Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: APL] #168174
09/18/14 12:46 AM
09/18/14 12:46 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I'm glad you are not Commander in Chief. I dearly appreciate the sacrifice soldiers have made to safeguard freedom from tyrants. Also the sacrifice police make to keep the peace.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!