HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,500 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21
Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: kland] #169493
11/02/14 12:23 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
The concept that sin brings disease, misery, pain, and death is correct.
But let's not mix that up with some idea that sinners have any life of their own within themselves that God has no right to take away from them.
Every breath is a gift from God. Every heartbeat is a gift from God. All God needs to do is remove His sustaining power and death is certain.
If God choses for life to continue, it will continue no matter what any created being does.
God's strange act is Him letting his creatures have what they have chosen. It is not an imposed penalty.

Originally Posted By: mountain man
APL, you are avoiding the point. You believe Jesus pedmits it. You believe He can prevent it without violating freewill.
Have you read the book of Job?????

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: kland] #169494
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Dedication, there are times when Jesus causes disease, death, and destruction. There are times when He commands holy angels and holy men to cause death. There are times when He permits evil men and evil angels to cause death. He is in control. There is nothing absurd about it.

Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: kland] #169495
11/02/14 12:26 AM
11/02/14 12:26 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
APL, you are avoiding my point.

Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: Mountain Man] #169497
11/02/14 12:37 AM
11/02/14 12:37 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Dedication, there are times when Jesus causes disease, death, and destruction. There are times when He commands holy angels and holy men to cause death. There are times when He permits evil men and evil angels to cause death. He is in control. There is nothing absurd about it.

Sickness, suffering, and death are work of an antagonistic power. Satan is the destroyer; God is the restorer. {MH 113.1}

God NEVER causes sickness, disease or death. Never. If you do not agree, find, but you will have to agree to disagree.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: Mountain Man] #169507
11/02/14 03:41 AM
11/02/14 03:41 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
APL, you are avoiding my point.

Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: kland] #169510
11/02/14 03:58 AM
11/02/14 03:58 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
MM - have you read the book of Job? You should.

Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: kland] #169513
11/02/14 06:50 AM
11/02/14 06:50 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
I think most people believe that if God wants something to happen, it will. If bad things happen, then God must have let it happen for some good reason, for a divine purpose. The Bible teaches that not everything happens according to God's will. There are some events that happen that are not God's desire, not His will. I think most people believe that bad events fall into 2 categories:

1) God wants to prevent something and He does prevent it.
2) God wants to prevent something but chooses not to for a divine purpose.

In which category does rape, murder and child molestation fall into? #1 or #2? Does God ever choose to let evil happen? Is there ever a divine purpose for rape, murder and child molestation? No, never. Is there a third category?

Jesus teaches how to pray. Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Where is God's will happening today? Where is it not happening? Why do we pray for something to happen if it is already happening? The point is God's will is NOT happening on planet earth today. Matthew 6:10 is proof positive that it is not happening.

Luke 7:30 But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the will of God for themselves, not having been baptized by him.

Is it possible to reject God's will? Is it possible to prevent God's will from happening in some situation? Some theologians say that God will always happens.

Is it possible for prevent something from happening according to God's will for all eternity?

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

How many does God will to be saved? ALL. Are all saved? If not, then it is possible to prevent for all eternity something that is God's will.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Does God will that all be saved? YES. This is God's will. Will it happen? NO.

The Bible teaches that not everything happens according to God's will. Not everything happens according to divine reason!

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Liberty = freedom.

Psalms 115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's; But the earth He has given to the children of men.

Whose will is ultimately being does on planet earth. HINT: it is NOT the devil. Human beings' will is being done. We can't say the devil MADE me do it. When a woman is raped or a child abused, is their will being violated? YES. Is this unfair? YES. We pray for God's will to happen on earth as it is in heaven. Free moral agents can violate the will of other free moral agents, and it is not always fair. This is again proof that God has nothing to do with it.

There are some things that by their very nature, even an omnipotent God cannot do.

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Freedom, in order to be genuine, must also be irrevocable. Then when things happen that God does not want, He cannot always prevent them. Genuine freedom comes with the elements of chance and subsequent risk, chance that our will goes against God's will.

If someone has genuine freedom, and can choose option "A" or option "B", and you want them to choose "A", the good choice, but to be free, they can choose either "A" or "B". If they can't choose "B", the bad choice, they do not actually have freedom. There are things that God wants to prevent, but because of freedom, He can't. Can God do anything He wants? NO. To rephrase, are there things that God can not do? YES.

Can God MAKE you love Him? NO. Forced love is a not love.

Is God in control of everything? Is everything that happens God will? We answered that already, NO. It is better to know that God is love. Are there things that God IS in control of? YES. But those things that He is in control of, He has not granted freedom in, do you see difference? Why do we pray? Is it important to pray? Does prayer guarantee that something will happen? No, but it gives God permission to exercise His will.

Ecclesiastes 9:11 I returned and saw under the sun that- The race is not to the swift, Nor the battle to the strong, Nor bread to the wise, Nor riches to men of understanding, Nor favor to men of skill; But time and chance happen to them all.

Is God controlling everything if He has given us freedom? If He has granted freedom, is there not then a change that His will, will not happen? He can not control everything and preserve freedom. God has chosen to limit Himself in order to give us freedom.

So there are situations #1 where God can prevent something and He does, and #2 there are situations where God can prevent something but chooses not to for a good reason. But there is a third category according to the scriptures #3, there are things that God wants to prevent, but because of freedom, He can't.

We can never look into the eyes of someone who has been raped and tell them that God could have prevented this, but He choose to allowed this to happen for a good reason. The truth is that we have a God that wants to prevent these terrible things, but can not because He has given us freedom.

So, #3: there are many things happening on this planet that God does not want to happen. They do not happen because God has a reason for them, a purpose for them to happen. An enemy has done this!!!

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

If we say that child molestation and rape happen because God choose not to intervene for some good reason, this is speaking evil and a lie and is sick and woe to those that say this. You can't say that God allowed these for a good reason. You can say that these happened because of freedom. We choose how to exercise that freedom, and that freedom can be used to hurt each other, and God hates it.

Prayer gives God more freedom to act, but does not guarentee the outcome. Read Daniel 10. Daniel prayed for how long? 3 full weeks. When did God answer Daniels prayer? Verse 12 tells us it was the first day. Why the delay? A free moral agent worked against God's messenger for 21 days, God's will was delayed! Prayer does not convince God to act. It enables God to act! God does not say that bad things will not ever happen to us.

God does promise us these things 4 things:

1) Some day He will wipe away every tear: Revelation 21:4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." Evil will come to an end

2) Once evil is done, it will never happen again: Nahum 1:9 What do you conspire against the LORD? He will make an utter end of it. Affliction will not rise up a second time. Not because the universe is forced to not sin!

3) God goes through all the pain with us.

Matthew 25:40 And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.' Matthew 25:45 Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'

What this tells us, that every child that is molested, every woman that is raped, God goes through it too. God has suffered though ever rape and murder. It is God's will that no woman be raped and that all murders prevented? Yes, but then you have violated freedom, and God can not force us to love Him. There is no love unless we are free. And if we choose not to love, WE will cause pain to all around us.

4) Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

God wants good to happen to everyone. But He can only do it for us if we will let Him.

Look at Joseph: Genesis 50:20 You plotted evil against me, but God turned it into good, in order to preserve the lives of many people who are alive today because of what happened.

It was NEVER God's will that Joseph go into slavery! But God brought good out of it. God did not orchestrate Joseph's slavery, but He did bring good out of it. God does promise He will bring good out of the bad.

Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: kland] #169524
11/02/14 04:52 PM
11/02/14 04:52 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
APL, thank you sharing what you believe. The idea there are times when Jesus will not prevent evil because He values the freewill of evil doers more than He values the will of innocent victims is truly unsettling. I choose to believe Jesus is free to take sides when two wills collide. For example, when a thief wills to steal I believe Jesus is free to send help to prevent it. When a rapist wills to rape I believe Jesus is free to send help to prevent it. When a murderer wills to murder I believe Jesus is free to send help to prevent it. Jesus can do so without violating freewill.

Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: Mountain Man] #169525
11/02/14 05:00 PM
11/02/14 05:00 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
APL, thank you sharing what you believe. The idea there are times when Jesus will not prevent evil because He values the freewill of evil doers more than He values the will of innocent victims is truly unsettling. I choose to believe Jesus is free to take sides when two wills collide. For example, when a thief wills to steal I believe Jesus is free to send help to prevent it. When a rapist wills to rape I believe Jesus is free to send help to prevent it. When a murderer wills to murder I believe Jesus is free to send help to prevent it. Jesus can do so without violating freewill.

Well said, and I agree.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: Mountain Man] #169531
11/02/14 09:22 PM
11/02/14 09:22 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
If God is free to intervene, the you need to explain why He does not. Unfortunately, that falls in to category #2 as I have outlined it and that is not a good answer. Does God ever let a rape happen for the good of it? Why in your estimation does God let rapes happen?

Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!