HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,601
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: JAK] #175628
07/26/15 01:27 AM
07/26/15 01:27 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
JAK wrote;

"This means that I do not look to the pastor, the teacher, my parents, friends or anyone else, including Ellen White, for the meaning of God's Word. God Himself will give the meaning. (Philippians 3:15)
This is not to be understood that we CAN NOT get help from them, but that the final decision of what we believe ultimately rests with the individual.

Therefore, each individual MUST interpret Scripture for themselves.

(NOTE: There are pre-existing conditions that apply to the above which I have not enumerated, but will if you ask for them.)" (bold emphasis mine)

If I may clarify; Each individual must learn how to interpret Scripture correctly. Each of us is responsible to accept Christ and His word in accordance with God's will. If we get it wrong or follow the wrong people, we can lose our souls.

If I may mention a few principles;

1) Divinely Inspired writings are always "thought inspired", and not "verbally inspired". Jeremiah 36:31-32

2) Always take into account the context in which the Bible verse is written.

3) Always study in the context with the whole of Scripture. (word or phrase comparisons)

4) Always allow the Bible to interpret itself.

5) Always take Scripture to mean just what it says unless it is shown to speak symbolically or prophetically.

I have found these principles to be invaluable in understanding Scripture properly.

Last edited by Alchemy; 07/26/15 01:38 AM.
Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Mountain Man] #175645
07/27/15 01:24 PM
07/27/15 01:24 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
People who study the Bible and arrive at conclusions that are opposed and condemned in the SOP are more likely to reject the SOP as uninspired.

People who enjoy lifestyle choices that are opposed and condemned in the SOP are more likely to reject the SOP as uninspired.

That's a no-brainer. dunno

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Rick H] #175647
07/27/15 03:41 PM
07/27/15 03:41 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Sometimes stating the obvious is painful - but necessary.

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: JAK] #175651
07/28/15 10:41 AM
07/28/15 10:41 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
People who study the Bible and arrive at conclusions that are opposed and condemned in the SOP are more likely to reject the SOP as uninspired.

People who enjoy lifestyle choices that are opposed and condemned in the SOP are more likely to reject the SOP as uninspired.

There's a lot of SDA that does not practice the health message and accepts the SOP. I would even say that most SDAs(80% or more) does not practice the health message at home. I think this reason is false. I'm one of those odd ones that is a strong supporter of the health message, but my interpretation of scriptures now differ from the Church. And it is not because I wanted to differ from the SDA or bitter at the Church or whatever reason you want to use. I came where I am because I started to seriously study scriptures for I was seeking life directions from the Lord. I haven't received my life direction yet, however the studies went in places I wasn't looking for.

One main problem that I see for rejecting the SOP is the Church and some members are using her writings as authoritive and as source of interpretation by which Ellen and James both disagreed of using her writings as such. We are suppose to be a scripture and Holy Spirit alone kind of people.

I think the Overcomers of the end are people that hears and follow the voice of Jesus and receives scripture interpretation from the leadings and teachings of the Holy Spirit.

Blessings
Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Elle] #175669
07/29/15 04:43 AM
07/29/15 04:43 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Elle

There's a lot of SDA that does not practice the health message and accepts the SOP. I would even say that most SDAs(80% or more) does not practice the health message at home. I think this reason is false. I'm one of those odd ones that is a strong supporter of the health message, but my interpretation of scriptures now differ from the Church. And it is not because I wanted to differ from the SDA or bitter at the Church or whatever reason you want to use. I came where I am because I started to seriously study scriptures for I was seeking life directions from the Lord. I haven't received my life direction yet, however the studies went in places I wasn't looking for.

One main problem that I see for rejecting the SOP is the Church and some members are using her writings as authoritive and as source of interpretation by which Ellen and James both disagreed of using her writings as such. We are suppose to be a scripture and Holy Spirit alone kind of people.

I think the Overcomers of the end are people that hears and follow the voice of Jesus and receives scripture interpretation from the leadings and teachings of the Holy Spirit.

SDA have lost their bearings and have become the image of the papacy. Their mantra is "what does EGW say?" And having a different viewpoint is exposing yourself like a sore thumb to be marked and watched.

///

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Mountain Man] #175671
07/29/15 08:58 AM
07/29/15 08:58 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Sometimes stating the obvious is painful - but necessary.

Agreed MM. We don't want to avoid or ignore the obvious.

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Elle] #175674
07/29/15 02:24 PM
07/29/15 02:24 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Elle
M: People who study the Bible and arrive at conclusions that are opposed and condemned in the SOP are more likely to reject the SOP as uninspired. People who enjoy lifestyle choices that are opposed and condemned in the SOP are more likely to reject the SOP as uninspired.

E: I think this reason is false. I'm one of those odd ones that is a strong supporter of the health message, but my interpretation of scriptures now differ from the Church.

If you differ fundamentally with the SDA Church it stands to reason you are rejecting fundamental portions of the SOP.

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: James Peterson] #175675
07/29/15 02:42 PM
07/29/15 02:42 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
And having a different viewpoint is exposing yourself like a sore thumb to be marked and watched.

SDA members and leaders pledge to live in harmony with the biblical truths contained in the Bible and reinforced in the SOP and conveniently presented in the 28FB. Members and leaders who reject these biblical truths and/or refuse to live in accordance with them would do themselves and the church family a favor by withdrawing themselves and worshiping with like-minded believers elsewhere. "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" Are they lost or damned? Only Jesus knows the conscience. Only Jesus can read the heart and discern motives. If they are living up to the light they truly, genuinely believe is right and true, then yes, of course, they are in a saved state (they will be resurrected when Jesus returns). However, they cannot proclaim the 3AM. Why not? Because their views of truth are incorrect. During the final movements, if they are truly sincere, they will embrace the 3AM as proclaimed by faithful SDA believers. They will abandon Babylon and join the SDA Movement. The only believers who will be translated alive when Jesus arrives are those believers who embrace the 3AM as proclaimed by faithful SDA believers. Everyone else will receive the mark of the beast and perish with the unsaved.

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Mountain Man] #175696
07/30/15 03:09 AM
07/30/15 03:09 AM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Sorry, MM, but I abandoned that fanatical position a long time ago. Scripture has zero support for that idea.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: JAK] #175702
07/30/15 09:36 AM
07/30/15 09:36 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: JAK
Sorry, MM, but I abandoned that fanatical position a long time ago. Scripture has zero support for that idea.

MM wrote;

"SDA members and leaders pledge to live in harmony with the biblical truths contained in the Bible and reinforced in the SOP and conveniently presented in the 28FB. Members and leaders who reject these biblical truths and/or refuse to live in accordance with them would do themselves and the church family a favor by withdrawing themselves and worshiping with like-minded believers elsewhere. "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?""

I find nothing fanatical about MM's position! I find it very sound and simple.

The seventh-day Adventist Church was raised up for a very distinct purpose! And if someone really doesn't agree with that purpose, that is fine. But, they should look for like-minded believers to worship with and leave our church to be like-minded believers.

People insist on changing this church from within and the changes are unBiblical and dangerous to the purpose for which we exist! We should be left to our purpose without these distractions and interruptions.

Last edited by Alchemy; 07/30/15 09:37 AM.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 04/29/24 09:07 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!