HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication), 2,890 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 95 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 94 95
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: kland] #170994
12/30/14 10:03 PM
12/30/14 10:03 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: kland
What if 2015 comes and goes and nothing dramatic happens. Where does that leave you?

Cahn and Wilkerson and the prophets before them all gave conditional warnings. They made calls to repentance that if heeded averted the threatened judgments. I hope myself that nothing deadly happens. God is long-suffering and repeatedly spares entire cities and nations. He holds back the winds of strife for the sake of the few who repent and turn to him. And he holds back the same winds for the sake of those who would be lost if they faced the crises with compromised, weak and unrepentant characters. God help us all to see ourselves as we are and to seek him and be reconciled to him and to each other now while we're able.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #170995
12/30/14 10:25 PM
12/30/14 10:25 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Kland regarding the timing of the new moon, my understanding is that the modern Jews are basically scriptural in their methods. As far as I can recall, their method is to estimate the first visible new moon mathematically because it is impractical to wait each month for sightings. In the same way that Adventist have sunset calendars because we can't go by the visible sunset due to the weather and other variables such as mountain terrain, it's appropriate to calculate the start of the months.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Charity] #171008
12/31/14 04:33 PM
12/31/14 04:33 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I'm not disputing whether or not they are scriptural in their methods. What I'm asking you is how can their methods of 2 days after possibly coincide with the full moon/eclipse?

Maybe I'm not explaining this clear which is why you keep talking about scriptural methods. It seems clear to me. Do you see from my chart, that regardless of whether one calls the second line scriptural or not, the Full Moon cannot possibly fall on what they call the 15th? The full moon and eclipse would occur prior to that.

Maybe an example? Wikipedia lists one of the blood moon tetrads as being on April 4, 2015.

The new moon is early March 20th, 2015.
They say it is the 22nd.
The full moon is early morning on April 4, 2015.
Which would be the 14th day.

Which does sound right on. But I think there is an off-by one error. Take two days and split them across another day and it's close.

If the 20th is day 1, then day 14 would be April 2.
But is that at sunset on April 1, or April 2?

If the 22nd is day 1, then day 14 would be April 4.
Sunset?

For the U.S., the full moon occurs in the early morning of April 4 which is when the eclipse happens.

Can you help sort this out? I think it's off a day. But I may have confused myself. Because if you don't start counting the days until the day after conjunction, it comes close, a day off from what they do. Is passover the evening of April 3, or the evening of April 4? So if you don't start counting until a day after conjunction, and if they start it the day before, then you would have a match. Help....

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: kland] #171017
12/31/14 10:51 PM
12/31/14 10:51 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Sunset? . . . Is passover the evening of April 3, or the evening of April 4? So if you don't start counting until a day after conjunction, and if they start it the day before, then you would have a match. Help....

According to what you've shared, the Rabbis are saying Passover is the evening of April 4. Passover starts at the end of the 14th (April 4) a little before sunset and the celebration continues on into the evening which at sundown becomes the 15th. So in order for the eclipse to be on the Passover, it needs to happen, as it does this year, (well, almost this year, Happy New Year) in the hours between sundown on the 3rd (the beginning of the 14th day) and sundown on the 4th (the end of the 14th day.)

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: kland] #171031
01/02/15 12:25 AM
01/02/15 12:25 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Karen, regarding the sealing, the rabbis teach, and I agree with them, that this takes place on the Day of Atonement.

The Feast of Trumpets fell on the first day of the seventh Hebrew month. It's purpose was to announce the approach of the Day of Atonement ten days later. It was to prepare the nation for this most holy day of the sacred calendar. Both modern and ancient Jews teach that Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, is the day of reckoning when a person's destiny is fixed. It is a day of judgment and sealing. So, the question we need to ask is, “What if the Lord sees fit to fulfill the Feast of Trumpets this coming fall? What then?” If this happens it implies that earth's final hour of judgment typified by Day of Atonement begins ten days later. See Leviticus 16 and Revelation 14:6 and 7.

But is this all gloom and doom? Not at all. The opposite is true. Just as Pentecost marked the start of the gospel era with the out pouring of the Holy Spirit, in the same way, the Day of Atonement this fall could mark the start of the final cleansing of the church; the time of sealing and atonement when sins are blotted out at the final outpouring of the Holy Spirit foretold by the prophet Joel and the Apostle Peter:

Quote:
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. Act 3:19 – 21.

Quote:
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. Joe 2:28-32.

Notice what Peter is saying: Repent now, today during the early rain so that you'll be ready for the refreshing of the latter rain when sins are blotted out and after which Christ will immediately come.

Speaking of that final period of cleansing and atonement the prophet Malachi states:

Quote:
The Lord, whom ye seek, will suddenly come to his temple; and the messenger of the covenant, whom ye desire, behold, he cometh, saith Jehovah of hosts. But who can abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fuller's soap: and he will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the sons of Levi, and refine them as gold and silver; and they shall offer unto Jehovah offerings in righteousness. Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto Jehovah, as in the days of old, and as in ancient years. And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against the false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the sojourner from his right, and fear not me, saith Jehovah of hosts. Mal 3:1-5. ASV.

For those who are “poor in spirit” and longing for righteousness, the sudden arrival of the messenger of the Covenant is the best possible news. Why? This messenger announces the final liberation and blotting out of sin of God's people. In Revelation 14:6 and 7 the same messenger of the covenant suddenly appears with the same announcement: “the hour of His judgment is come!” But notice that the announcement of the judgment, the final atoning and cleansing of the Church, is termed the “everlasting gospel” - wonderful news to the humble and the meek. But for the unrepentant nothing could be more unwelcome. We have an inkling of the violent reaction against that message by the content of the two messages that follow:

Quote:
And another, a second angel, followed, saying, Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, that hath made all the nations to drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a great voice, If any man worshippeth the beast and his image, and receiveth a mark on his forehead, or upon his hand, he also shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is prepared unmixed in the cup of his anger; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. Rev 14:8 – 10.

But for the poor in spirit the call to repentance and the blotting out of sin at the time of the latter rain is the gospel in verity.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #171032
01/02/15 12:50 AM
01/02/15 12:50 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Karen, besides the message of Peter that we are sealed by the latter rain when our sins are blotted out (and of course we need to have repented of them beforehand in order for them to be blotted out), Zechariah has the same idea. He says that in the latter days the men of Judah (renewed believers) will have victory over sin first so that the inhabitants of Jerusalem (Adventist believers) do not boast over their brethren. smile
Quote:
The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
Zec 12:8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Charity] #171064
01/04/15 01:50 AM
01/04/15 01:50 AM
K
Karen Y  Online Content OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Karen, regarding the sealing, the rabbis teach, and I agree with them, that this takes place on the Day of Atonement.

Hi Mark,

Deuteronomy 29:29 “The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law”.

One another theme of the book of Revelation is about the judgment of God.

Rev. Chap. 1 – 7 : Investigative Judgment (pertained to the saints)
Rev. Chap. 8 – 14 : Judgment of Verdict (pertained to the wicked)
Rev. Chap. 15 – 19 : Judgment of Execution (pertained to the wicked)
Rev. Chap. 20 – 22 : Reviewing the Judgment (pertained to the saints)

If people pass the investigative judgment of God, which progresses in heaven right now, they would have no worries because the Lamb of God prevailed for His saints.

“And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.” Rev. 5:5

The investigative judgment has begun when Jesus has entered the Most Holy place in the heavenly sanctuary.
Dan. 8:14 “And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.”
Dan. 7:10 “A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.”

The investigative judgment exists prior to the close of probation. The close of probation is depicted in the Seven Trumpets of the Book of Revelation. Rev. 8:5 “And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.”

The Seven Trumpets have prophetic allusion from the feast of the Trumpets as the function of the warning for the Anti-typical Day of Atonement. Therefore, I would say that the Seven Trumpets are present and future since the Anti-typical Day of Atonement has not come to the end yet.

I can say the least that the apocalyptic sealing of the 144,000 is in progression during this Anti-typical Day of Atonement. Understandably, sealing comes after the investigation of individual’s life that are worthy. What God has revealed to us already is that the investigative judgment has begun when Jesus has entered the most holy place in heavenly sanctuary in 1844 and the sealing has been going on ever since.

We take a glance on the flow of the events in the book of Revelation, which will give us understanding what is the purpose of the Seven Trumpets.

*There must be a judgment prior to the sealing of God.
The Seven Churches (Rev. Chap. 1-3) will be judged (Investigative Judgment in Chap. 4-5) prior to the Seven Sealing (Chap. 6-7).

*There has to be exposing ID prior to the Seven Plagues.
The Seven Trumpets (Chap. 8-11) will expose the identity of Satan (Chap. 12-14) prior to the Seven Plagues (Chap. 15-16)

*The Babylon the great falls prior to the Second Coming.
The collapse of the Babylon (Chap. 17-18) will happen prior to the Second coming of Jesus (Chap. 19).

*After reviewing the judgment, the new heaven and new earth will be restored.
During the millennium (Chap. 20), we will review the judgment of God, then the New Heaven and New Earth restore (Chap. 21-22).

Despite the warnings of the Seven Trumpet, if people do not repent but blaspheme God, they will receive the wrath of God in the Seven Plagues. The Seven Trumpets must blast the sound that the close of the probation is imminent by the sealed people of God. The next Chap. 12, 13 and 14 are exposing the identity of Satan who is the fallen star (Chap. 12) from heaven and that has the direct linkage to the papacy (Chap. 13). The Satan attacks the law of God, especially the Sabbath (Chap. 14). This “Loud Cry” of the Seven Trumpets brings the judgment of the Seven Plagues (Chap. 15-16), which culminates the fall of the Babylon (Chap. 17-18) and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ (Chap. 19).

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Charity] #171082
01/05/15 02:22 PM
01/05/15 02:22 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Sunset? . . . Is passover the evening of April 3, or the evening of April 4? So if you don't start counting until a day after conjunction, and if they start it the day before, then you would have a match. Help....

According to what you've shared, the Rabbis are saying Passover is the evening of April 4. Passover starts at the end of the 14th (April 4) a little before sunset and the celebration continues on into the evening which at sundown becomes the 15th. So in order for the eclipse to be on the Passover, it needs to happen, as it does this year, (well, almost this year, Happy New Year) in the hours between sundown on the 3rd (the beginning of the 14th day) and sundown on the 4th (the end of the 14th day.)
I'm having a little trouble understanding. The end of the 14th or the beginning of the 14th?

But what I've found out, although the average number of days in a month is 29.5, it can vary almost a whole day. During April, it was something like 29.14. So, I thought let's look at other times.

Last night, January 4th before midnight, was the full moon.
The new moon was a little after sundown on the 21st of December.
Counting the 21st as day 1 (midnight reckoning), January 4 would be the 15th day, of which the full moon happens a bit before midnight.

They say the new moon is the 24th of December, though some have said it is the 23rd. Going with the 23rd puts day 14 at January 5. Of which, depending on what you meant above, could work out. I just can't help thinking something is off here. And their "schedule" seems to change at who's doing it.

So looking at this past October, the new moon was early September 24th a little after midnight. October 8, early in the morning, was the full moon/eclipse which was day 15. They say the new moon was September 26. Their day 14 puts it at October 9. Even if you start at sunset the day before, it is past the eclipse of early morning October 8.

Am I missing something here or miscounting something?
And why isn't it day 15? Or is it the 15th day for October, and the 14th for April?
I just think something doesn't line up here.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #171152
01/07/15 05:29 PM
01/07/15 05:29 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Then I was looking at locations from timeanddate.com and see that Jerusalem is not going to experience at least one of the eclipses. Thinking of it, I think dedication might have brought that up.

Some questions come to mind that I think need answers.

"Tetrad (astronomy), an occurrence of 4 total lunar eclipses in a row with intervals of 6 lunations (semester)."
"In astronomy, a tetrad is a set of four total lunar eclipses within two years."

1) Who gets to come up with what a tetrad is? What if it was with 7 lunations over 3 years? That is, Why does four eclipses on certain Jewish holy days mean anything? Why does four within two years mean something? Should it mean something with the first one, the last one? Why wouldn't just one eclipse on a special one, maybe the day of atonement, mean more than on others?

Along with that, what if the days don't completely align up as stated in my previous post? Just as long as it's close? What I'm asking is, would you have noticed anything if no one was marketing it? Are they marketing it truthfully, that you would come to the same conclusions, or are they trying to sell books?

2) What does, turned to "Blood", mean? Now if it had said the moon would be darkened, or dimmed, I would agree. But did the past eclipses even begin to remind you of blood, or even "red"?

3) Should these eclipses be worldwide, or only over certain locations? Should they be total, or how about mostly? The darkened color is the same for a 75% eclipse. What about a total eclipse but the moon sets before it's fully seen?

In other words, there may be more "tetrads" or otherwise eclipses on certain days at certain locations occurring quite more frequently than the marketed ones. Are some locations more important than other locations? Some answers need to validate why some are important over others. I know one James who had said basically no one should care about the southern hemisphere in his predictions.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #171157
01/08/15 01:40 AM
01/08/15 01:40 AM
K
Karen Y  Online Content OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
The seven bowl angels are about to come forth to execute their mission of the seven plagues upon the earth.
We are told that the Seven angels of the trumpets stood before the throne of God to watch the investigative judgment with intense concern.

Finally the seventh seal opened and the heaven becomes awfully silent in awaiting development of the next event, which is literal judgment of the seven last plagues.
The remnant of the sealed of God blast the Seven Trumpets of prediction which foretell the events of the Seven Plagues before the close of probation. The indication of scenario is clearly depicted by the judgment of the seven trumpet which prepared to sound after the cast of the incense (Rev. 8:5).

It is very evident that the Seven Plagues intimately linked with the Seven Trumpets.

Amos 3:7 “Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.”

Page 25 of 95 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 94 95

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!