HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Alchemy] #174051
06/09/15 10:22 AM
06/09/15 10:22 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
As far as the timing of feast days in the future, the Feast of Tabernacles is mentioned in Zech. 14:16, 19. The Bible does say year after year, which still surprises me a little.

I believe there's other texts like this one quoted below that clearly states to observe moons, Sabbaths(weekly, yearly, & Jubilee year Sabbaths), feasts with sacrifices on a on-going basis after Jesus 2nd coming.

Originally Posted By: Bible
AV Ezk 45:16 All the people of the land shall give this oblation for the prince in Israel.

AV Ezk 45:17 And it shall be the prince's part [to give] burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

AV Ezk 45:18 Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the first [month], in the first [day] of the month, thou shalt take a young bullock without blemish, and cleanse the sanctuary:

AV Ezk 45:21 In the first [month], in the fourteenth day of the month, ye shall have the passover, a feast of seven days; unleavened bread shall be eaten.

AV Ezk 45:25 In the seventh [month], in the fifteenth day of the month, shall he do the like in the feast of the seven days, according to the sin offering, according to the burnt offering, and according to the meat offering, and according to the oil.

Ezekiel chap 44-48 is the important prophesy describing what will take place after Jesus 2nd coming (during the millenium) were the Lord command the people and the princes to keep the passover and the feast of Tabernacle PLUS to bring our burnt offerings, meat offerings, drink offerings at the New moons, Sabbaths(all weekly Sabbaths), and the Feasts.

On top of it notice that the Lord instituted a new feast (1st day of the first month -- Ezk 45:18) to mark this new era and new event.

Of course, the prophesy is given in the same symbology language used in the OT -- meaning we will keep(apply) their spiritual and prophetic meanings. We won't revert back to the killing of lambs, bulls but we will be expected to carry out their legal requirements that these sacrifices describes. All different sacrifices(burnt, meat, drink, peace, sin, etc...) describe different legal aspect in bringing us to reconciliation with the Lord.

It is true that Jesus fulfilled all these sacrifices at His 1st coming, but He was our example and showed us the path how to become "Sons of God". The path Jesus took is described in the feasts and the sacrifices. Meaning more importantly, all these sacrifices needs to be fulfilled in us also.

Jesus fulfilled all these sacrifices, but they are not yet all fullfilled in us. Thus that's why these feasts and sacrifices still stand today and will stand tomorrow for they prophecy (point to) the work that Jesus still has to do in fulfilling all these legal requirements in all of us, so to bring us all into full mature "Sons of God".

Blessings
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Elle] #174055
06/09/15 12:48 PM
06/09/15 12:48 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Elle wrote; "Ezekiel chap 44-48 is the important prophesy describing what will take place after Jesus 2nd coming (during the millenium) were the Lord command the people and the princes to keep the passover and the feast of Tabernacle PLUS to bring our burnt offerings, meat offerings, drink offerings at the New moons, Sabbaths(all weekly Sabbaths), and the Feasts."

I will need to spend more time in those chapters of Ezekiel. I am surprised you didn't quote Isaiah 66.

Yet, there aren't any feast days to keep in this life now though. Right?

Last edited by Alchemy; 06/09/15 12:49 PM.
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Daryl] #174062
06/09/15 03:31 PM
06/09/15 03:31 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
When Jesus comes the 2nd time it is not to establish a millennium on this earth.

Jesus told us:
John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not true, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Where did Jesus go?

Acts 1:11 this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

He returned to His Father Who is in heaven.

John 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Matt. 23:9 And call no one your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

When Jesus comes the second time He will raise the dead and the resurrected with the living saints will meet Christ in the air and He takes them all together to the Father's house in heaven.

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Mark 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
13:27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

1 Thess. 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The many mansions or rooms that Jesus is preparing for His redeemed are in the New Jerusalem. The New Jerusalem does not come to earth until AFTER the millennium. (See Rev. 21-22)

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Elle] #174071
06/09/15 06:18 PM
06/09/15 06:18 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Elle
Of course, the prophesy is given in the same symbology language used in the OT -- meaning we will keep(apply) their spiritual and prophetic meanings. We won't revert back to the killing of lambs, bulls but we will be expected to carry out their legal requirements that these sacrifices describes. All different sacrifices(burnt, meat, drink, peace, sin, etc...) describe different legal aspect in bringing us to reconciliation with the Lord.
Legal requirements? Spiritual legal requirements? That will be interesting to find out what you mean by that.

As asked elsewhere, but stating it briefly, killing and eating the passover, how can that be done without killing and eating it?

What does the following mean to you?
Quote:
This ordinance does not speak so largely to man's intellectual capacity as to his heart. His moral and spiritual nature needs it. If His disciples had not needed this, it would not have been left for them as Christ's last established ordinance in connection with, and including, the last supper. It was Christ's desire to leave to His disciples an ordinance that would do for them the very thing they needed--that would serve to disentangle them from the rites and ceremonies which they had hitherto engaged in as essential, and which the reception of the gospel made no longer of any force. To continue these rites would be an insult to Jehovah. Eating of the body, and drinking of the blood, of Christ, not merely at the sacramental service, but daily partaking of the bread of life to satisfy the soul's hunger, would be in receiving His Word and doing His will (RH June 14, 1898). {5BC 1139.6} {RH, June 14, 1898 par. 16}

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Alchemy] #174073
06/09/15 06:20 PM
06/09/15 06:20 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
Yet, there aren't any feast days to keep in this life now though. Right?
I have found her answer appears to vary from post to post.

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: dedication] #174074
06/09/15 06:21 PM
06/09/15 06:21 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Dedication, we(you and I) have already discussed about this subject in the 2nd Coming, Judgment, and the 1000 years topic. If you want to revisit these texts again, we can do so in the appropriate topic and not side-track this discussion.

The pertaining question to this discussion is what (or when) do you view Ezekiel 44-48 is talking about? Many SDAs and other Christians view it as this prophesy is talking about the Millenium.

Whenever Ezekiel 44-48 is fulfilled (I believe sometime in the futur), it says that we will keep the feasts and sacrifices. So let's examine when and ponder why the Lord is saying we will keep the feasts and sacrifice then.

Blessings
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: kland] #174078
06/09/15 06:47 PM
06/09/15 06:47 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Legal requirements? Spiritual legal requirements? That will be interesting to find out what you mean by that.

Can you give me time to write an example of what I mean with legal requirement described in the peace sacrifice as an example. It's a study that I undertood a year ago, but haven't finished it. Anyway, I can give you a brief of what I got.

As asked elsewhere, but stating it briefly, killing and eating the passover, how can that be done without killing and eating it?

If you need to kill a lamb to be justify then why did Jesus have to die? And if Jesus is the lamb, then did you eat His flesh to be justify? Did you smear His blood on the lintel and posts of your house? How are you justify without doing these LITERALLY?

Quote:
This ordinance does not speak so largely to man's intellectual capacity as to his heart. His moral and spiritual nature needs it. If His disciples had not needed this, it would not have been left for them as Christ's last established ordinance in connection with, and including, the last supper. It was Christ's desire to leave to His disciples an ordinance that would do for them the very thing they needed--that would serve to disentangle them from the rites and ceremonies which they had hitherto engaged in as essential, and which the reception of the gospel made no longer of any force. To continue these rites would be an insult to Jehovah. Eating of the body, and drinking of the blood, of Christ, not merely at the sacramental service, but daily partaking of the bread of life to satisfy the soul's hunger, would be in receiving His Word and doing His will (RH June 14, 1898). {5BC 1139.6} {RH, June 14, 1898 par. 16}

I don't know the full context of this text, but it seems Ellen is comparing the RCC weekly sacramental service (eating His flesh and drinking His blood) versus us doing it daily?? I don't see this quote relating to this subject.

Blessings
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Elle] #174096
06/10/15 05:26 PM
06/10/15 05:26 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

If you need to kill a lamb to be justify then why did Jesus have to die? And if Jesus is the lamb, then did you eat His flesh to be justify? Did you smear His blood on the lintel and posts of your house? How are you justify without doing these LITERALLY?
So if not literal, then not literal days, either.

Quote:
Quote:

I don't know the full context of this text, but it seems Ellen is comparing the RCC weekly sacramental service (eating His flesh and drinking His blood) versus us doing it daily??
Whaaa?

Please explain how RCC enters into this.

Quote:
I don't see this quote relating to this subject.
You don't? That would explain things. I see her talking directly and specifically about the feast days.

Here's the previous paragraph if that helps you.
Quote:
To Feel the Pulse of Conscience.--In this ordinance [of humility], Christ discharged His disciples from the cares and burdens of the ancient Jewish obligations in rites and ceremonies. These no longer possessed any virtue; for type was meeting antitype in Himself, the authority and foundation of all Jewish ordinances that pointed to Him as the great and only efficacious offering for the sins of the world. He gave this simple ordinance that it might be a special season when He Himself would always be present, to lead all participating in it to feel the pulse of their own conscience, to awaken them to an understanding of the lessons symbolized, to revive their memory, to convict of sin, and to receive their penitential repentance. He would teach them that brother is not to exalt himself above brother, that the dangers of disunion and strife shall be seen and appreciated; for the health and holy activity of the soul are involved. {5BC 1139.5}
What "ancient Jewish obligations in rites and ceremonies" did possess virtue, but no longer does possess virtue, were no longer of any force due to the gospel, that they had engaged in as essential, that would be an insult to Jehovah to continue them, and of which, the ordinance of humility took the place of?

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Daryl] #174103
06/10/15 06:36 PM
06/10/15 06:36 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Most SDA's believe the millennium is in heaven, so with you saying it's on earth, this might not fit well.

If, if, if, Ezekiel 44- is regarding only the millennium and not what could have been in Israel's day had they not apostatized, then there are some things we can look forward to.

Such as, Ez 44:31, there will be dead animals, more than just the sacrifices, but that die naturally or are torn by wild beasts.

45, the land will be divided, but you probably do believe that.

47, there will be deserts, salt water swamps and marshes. And people will catch fish in nets.

Sounds more like the Jehovah Witness view of the mellennium.

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: kland] #174109
06/11/15 12:35 AM
06/11/15 12:35 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Most SDA's believe the millennium is in heaven, so with you saying it's on earth, this might not fit well.

If, if, if, Ezekiel 44- is regarding only the millennium and not what could have been in Israel's day had they not apostatized, then there are some things we can look forward to.

Such as, Ez 44:31, there will be dead animals, more than just the sacrifices, but that die naturally or are torn by wild beasts.

45, the land will be divided, but you probably do believe that.

47, there will be deserts, salt water swamps and marshes. And people will catch fish in nets.

Sounds more like the Jehovah Witness view of the mellennium.

The discussion here is about if the feasts are still binding. It is not about the millenium in heaven or on earth. There is another discussion about this and I will be more than happy to study this subject some more in the other discussion.

Ezk 44-48 is a futur prophesy that talks about keeping the feasts and sacrifices.

Are you saying that Ezk 44-48 is not a valid prophesy?

Blessings
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!