HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,614
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 18
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,009 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Who is the Fit Man of Leviticus 16? [Re: Johann] #174236
06/15/15 01:54 AM
06/15/15 01:54 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Let's not be so hard on Strong's. He got his information from the Gesenius and Joseph Thayer's lexicons.

Now, it is true he just used highlights from these lexicons, but those lexicons are still available, and I trust them both.

Re: Who is the Fit Man of Leviticus 16? [Re: glenm] #174237
06/15/15 02:01 AM
06/15/15 02:01 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Blessings glenm,

I understand our need of sanctification. But, this doesn't in any way make the 144,000 the Fit man. Jesus was born of Mary and raised as a human being. In Luke 11:21-23, Jesus describes Himself as the stronger man over Satan. Clearly Jesus is the Fit Man.

Re: Who is the Fit Man of Leviticus 16? [Re: Alchemy] #174244
06/15/15 11:01 AM
06/15/15 11:01 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
I just want to collect all my thought on this topic so far;

1) In Leviticus 16:8-10, 20-22, we read that the Fit Man took the scapegoat, or live goat out to the wilderness and left it where it could not enter Israel again.

2) Sister White explained in GC 485.3 that the scapegoat being left in the wilderness was Satan being bound to the earth while it is desolate for a thousand years.

3) I believe this directly connects to Revelation 20:1-3 where an angel comes down with a chain and Satan is bound a thousand years. Because this angel is able to overcome Satan, I believe this is Michael the Archangel, or Jesus Christ that binds Satan to this earth at His Second Coming.

4) In Luke 11:21-23 Jesus says He is the stronger man who overcomes the strong man who is Satan.

To me anyway, this is a simple conclusion to draw that Jesus Christ in the Fit Man of Leviticus 16.

Last edited by Alchemy; 06/15/15 11:02 AM.
Re: Who is the Fit Man of Leviticus 16? [Re: Alchemy] #174246
06/15/15 12:31 PM
06/15/15 12:31 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
Blessings glenm,

I understand our need of sanctification. But, this doesn't in any way make the 144,000 the Fit man. Jesus was born of Mary and raised as a human being. In Luke 11:21-23, Jesus describes Himself as the stronger man over Satan. Clearly Jesus is the Fit Man.

I think the 144K and Jesus when they will be united, they will be the same unit so in some extended form they form the person of Jesus-Christ.

The 144K are the overcomers (the uncorrupt priest in Ezk 44 that has access to the robe of linen [=robe of righteousness] and have access to the Most Holy Place). They make up the body of Christ; thus they are Jesus because they are His body. Jesus is the head and the 144K-overcomers are His body.

The others (corrupt priest & Princes & people of the land in Ezk 44) do not have the robe of linen and do not have access to the Most Holy place. They need to be ministered to by Jesus and His Sons(144K).

Blessings
Re: Who is the Fit Man of Leviticus 16? [Re: Alchemy] #174253
06/15/15 03:32 PM
06/15/15 03:32 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
I was listening to a sermon by Pastor Bill Hughes yesterday and heard him say he didn't know who the Fit Man was. I was surprised because I didn't realize this was so difficult: 1) The Fit Man can not be a member of the angelic host. 2) The Fit Man can not be a member of the human race. 3) The Fit Man must be a member of both, the angelic host and the human race.

I believe the Fit Man is Jesus Christ. What do you believe?

The book of Hebrews says that the Levitical Day of Atonement typified Calvary.

Originally Posted By: Hebrews 9:11-14
But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

1. The Levitical Day of Atonement was a ritual cleansing foreshadowing the cross - "For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh", whereas ... Calvary was the fulfillment that provided TRUE cleansing - "How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

2. Christ came as High Priest to offer sacrifice for the cleansing of the sanctuary. The sacrifice was His body. Therefore, He was the "Eternal Spirit" who offered His "living body" as a living sacrifice. Put another way, He was the same "Eternal Spirit" who took His "living body" to the grave, a barren wilderness as it were. Nevertheless, He returned again into the camp (from the grave) and appeared as the glorified "High Priest", fully clothed in glory to bless the congregation of the saints.

3. In short, the animals (bulls, goats, heifers, etc.) typified the BODY of Christ, but the human beings (the High Priest, the fit man, etc.) typified the ETERNAL SPIRIT, the person of Christ Himself.

///

Re: Who is the Fit Man of Leviticus 16? [Re: Alchemy] #174265
06/16/15 06:22 AM
06/16/15 06:22 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The Sanctuary to be cleansed at the end of the 2,300 days is the Sanctuary of the new covenant, for the vision of the treading down and cleansing, is after the crucifixion, so it can't be at the cross.

Daniel 8: 13-14 How long is the the vision with the daily, and the transgression of desolation, in which both the sanctuary and the host are to be trodden under foot?
8:14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Rev 11:2 for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty two months.

Hebrews 9:23 It was necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these [blood of calves and of goats]; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

We see that the Sanctuary of the new covenant is not on earth, but in heaven. -

The true tabernacle which forms a part of the new covenant Sanctuary, was made and pitched by the Lord, in contrast the earthly sanctuary was built by men following the pattern God gave them of things in heaven.

Hebrews 9:1 For the first covenant had ordinances of divine service, and an earthly sanctuary.
8:5 as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, He said, that you make all things according to the pattern shown to you in the mount.

9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

The Sanctuary of the new covenant is connected with New Jerusalem, like the Sanctuary of the first covenant was connected with Old Jerusalem. During the old covenant the priests of that covenant ministered in the earthly sanctuary, ultimately established in Old Jerusalem, so in the new covenant our High Priest ministers in the real sanctuary in heaven. To these places, the New Testament consistently applies the name "Sanctuary,"

ATONEMENT

The atonement was central to the sanctuary services of the old covenant, and it is central in the Gospel of the New Covenant; the former was to teach us that of the Gospel, it is very important to be understood.
The priests made atonement for the people in connection with their daily ministration, but this was different from that made on the tenth day of the seventh month.

Atonement for the individual was necessary BEFORE the day of atonement could make atonement for the whole "redeemed" congregation.

Read through Leviticus chapters 4-6 and see the stress placed upon individuals who have sinned bringing their sacrificial animal so the "priest will make an atonement for him, and it shall be forgiven him". (Lev. 4:20,26,31,35; 5:6,10,13,16,18; 6:7)

Even on the Day of Atonement, the earthly priest first had to make individual atonement for themselves before they could administer the Day of Atonement Service.

This prerequisite atonement was provided by Christ upon the cross, and is essential for everyone to accept in preparation for the Day of Atonement.

DAY OF ATONEMENT The High Priest goes into the Most holy place
"To make an atonement for all Israel, for all their sins once a year." "On the tenth day of the seventh month," verses 34,29.
This was the most important day of the year. The whole nation having had their sins previously forgiven by the atonement made in the outer court and holy place, now assemble about their Sanctuary,

In making the former or daily atonement, the priests went no further than into the Holy Place; but to make the latter they entered the Holy of Holies - the former was made for individual forgiveness of sins, the latter for the whole nation of Israel for the blotting out of sins.

The former was made for the forgiveness of sins, the latter for blotting them out - the former needed to be made prior -- on any day, the latter only on the tenth day of the seventh month.

The Jewish religious year began with Passover; typifying Christ's death and His blood for our individual cleansing.
The Jewish religious year ended with the Day of Atonement followed by Tabernacles -- typifying the blotting out of sin and entering the heavenly Canaan.

On the day of the heavenly Atonement --

Daniel 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were set up, and the Ancient of days did sit,
7:10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
7:13 and, behold, [one] like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days
Rev. 3:5 (Jesus says) He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

AT THE END OF THE DAY OF ATONEMENT

Lev. 16:20 And when he (the high priest) has made an end of reconciling the holy [place], and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat:
16:21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send [him] away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

Re: Who is the Fit Man of Leviticus 16? [Re: dedication] #174266
06/16/15 07:44 AM
06/16/15 07:44 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Now how are those sins placed on the second "goat" and who is the fit man ????

To understand we look back over the whole of the Great Controversy --

Who is responsible for sin?

Lucifer blamed God and His law as being unfair. He aimed to set himself above God. " I will exalt my throne above the stars of God" (Isaiah 14:13) he boasted.

He has deceived the majority of humans into thinking that it is God's fault that bad things happen. How often do we hear things like -- "how can God be good when little children die of cancer, or whole villages are swept away by an earthquake", etc. etc. Why did God create beings who would do dastardly things?
They don't seem to realize it's not God's doings, but the sinful choices of human beings over the course of history.

Christ as our Creator stepped in and took the full fury of the blame. He bore all the sins of the world to the cross and felt the guilt of their weight, being crushed by them.

But was He responsible for sin?

-- the responsibility is two fold.

1. we need to acknowledge our responsibility for our sins, and come to Christ for forgiveness and cleansing. Come --
Rev. 1:5 Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood.
He took our guilt that we might have life and righteousness!

Those who do not take responsibility for their own sin and do not come to Christ for cleansing will bear their own sin into eternal death.

2. Satan is the author and originator of sin, the tempter and deceiver that has played upon human minds and emotions causing all sorts of havoc, destruction and misery in this world.
In the end EVERYONE, even the lost, will realize this.
They will --
"Isa. 14:16 They that see thee (Lucifer/Satan) shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the one that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

The ultimate responsibility for and of sin will be placed upon him who originated and perpetuated it. He brought sin into the universe and to this planet and sin will go out with him and all who have accepted his evil way.

THE FIT MAN

I too believe this is Christ!
He is "fit" in every way.
Heb. 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

At the second coming Christ is no longer bearing our sins -- He, like the high priest on the day of atonement, has transferred them -- the result is that Satan is bound to this empty, desolate ruin of a planet-- ruined by sin.

However, God's people (possibly the 144,000) do have a part in placing the responsibility for sin on it's rightful perpetrators.

When dealing with ourselves and others help them to recognize their own responsibility and need for Christ and His salvation.

And secondly recognizing we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against evil principalities -- fallen angels.

The end point --
Recognize and rejoice in the goodness, love, mercy, holiness, righteousness of God.

Phil. 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven, in earth, and under the earth;
2:11 And every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Psalm 32:4 for all his ways are just: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Re: Who is the Fit Man of Leviticus 16? [Re: Alchemy] #174267
06/16/15 08:09 AM
06/16/15 08:09 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Two excellent posts dedication.

Re: Who is the Fit Man of Leviticus 16? [Re: James Peterson] #174271
06/16/15 10:04 AM
06/16/15 10:04 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
3. In short, the animals (bulls, goats, heifers, etc.) typified the BODY of Christ, but the human beings (the High Priest, the fit man, etc.) typified the ETERNAL SPIRIT, the person of Christ Himself.

That's a very interesting view that has much validity (well at least to me).

There are some truth that Christ typified all the animal sacrifices, however He was our example and came to show us the way --- the way for us to become all these living sacrifices. Meaning not necessarily in fulfilling the literal death of animals, or burning in fire like all those burnt offering or hanging on the cross like Jesus died, but a spiritual death (entirely submitting our will to the Lord Almighty's plan like Jesus did at His baptism and just before suffering the cross). There's a physical death and a spiritual death. The spiritual death is what we die at our baptism, and it is the death Jesus died at His baptism and at Getsemany, and it is the death Paul said he dies daily.

So Yes, I was already seeing that all those animal sacrifices in the law was mainly the type of us --a prophecy of greater things to come that will also be fulfilled in us. So yes I agree with you, the animals in a sacrifice service points to His body(us).

And Yes, the High Priest and the "Fit Man" (or "ready Man" in other version) is the Head (Jesus-Christ) or as you worded it very well "typified the ETERNAL SPIRIT, the person of Christ Himself".

May I ask where you got this revelation?

Blessings
Re: Who is the Fit Man of Leviticus 16? [Re: dedication] #174272
06/16/15 11:54 AM
06/16/15 11:54 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication

-- the responsibility is two fold.

1. we need to acknowledge our responsibility for our sins, and come to Christ for forgiveness and cleansing. Come --
Rev. 1:5 Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood.
He took our guilt that we might have life and righteousness!

Those who do not take responsibility for their own sin and do not come to Christ for cleansing will bear their own sin into eternal death.

2. Satan is the author and originator of sin, the tempter and deceiver that has played upon human minds and emotions causing all sorts of havoc, destruction and misery in this world.

Throwing the responsibility to others comes from MAN. It was the first thing Adam and Eve did when they sin. The Man blamed Eve, and Eve blamed the serpent. Neither took the responsibility for their sin.

Are we reducing the Lord to a woman? Do you believe that the Lord is blaming all sins to one of His creatures -- Satan?

This is not in harmony with His laws of liability.

Responsibility for sin goes to the owner of the creature. The Lord created Satan and is responsible for everything He does.

We read in Exodus 21:28-31,

28 And if an ox gores a man or a woman to death, the ox shall surely be stoned and its flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall go unpunished. 29 If, however, an ox was previously in the habit of goring, and its owner has been warned, yet he does not confine it, and it kills a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned and its owner also shall be put to death. 30 If a ransom is demanded of him, then he shall give for the redemption of his life whatever is demanded of him. 31Whether it gores a son or a daughter, it shall be done to him according to the same rule.

At the beginning, the serpent, or Satan, brought death to come on Adam and all mankind. Prior to that, SDAs believe that Satan caused 1/3 of the angels to fall; thus the Lord knew that Satan was in the habit of goring. So according to the spirit of His own law of liability, the owner of the ox was responsible to confined His ox(=Satan) immediately. The Lord did NOT confined Satan(the ox) after the Heaven incidence and let the ox gore Adam and Eve. Furthermore, the Lord did NOT confine Satan after He had gore Adam and Eve and the Bible tells us that Satan will only be confine at the Millennium (Rev 20:1-3).

According to the law of liability, the owner of the ox must die. Jesus is not only the owner of the ox(Satan) but His creator. And Jesus did fulfill the judgment of this Law by dying on the cross willingly, not only to fulfill this judgment but mainly because He loved us before anything was created.

Does this make Jesus a sinner because He did not confine His ox (Satan) right away? No, it doesn’t, because the proper definition of sin is “missing the target”. Man always miss the target when they break a law, but God is wise and able to use His law to make everything good at the end by fulfilling all the laws and its judgments. Jesus planed to die and put the plan of salvation in place and planned to fulfill all these laws before He created the world.

This would take another discussion to really see this, but to summarize it, out of Hiw wisdom and love for us the Lord made Himself LIABLE for all Sins. Lev 14 and 16 shows us how He will make it ALL GOOD by hiting all the targets this law of liability involves. He will ATONE for all sins and cleanse the temple (our body) that is illustrated in His two works:

1. Justification(thru His death) symbolized by the death of the first dove and the first goat and fulfills the law of liability that the OWNER MUST DIE.

2. Sanctification(thru His work via His body and His Holy Spirit) which is a “living work” symbolized by the 2nd live dove and the 2nd live goat. The 2nd goat is sent to the devil like Jesus was sent to face the devil in the wilderness for 40 days. Jesus is also the fit man that leads us to face the lies of the devil in our own wilderness experience.

The 2nd goat or the 2nd dove are not the devil or the scapegoat. Nor does the devil ATONES for sins. The responsibility for sins does not ultimately go to the devil. It goes to the OWNER of the devil according to His laws of LIABILITIES.

My understanding is that Jesus(via His Holy Spirit) is also the fit man also, that will lead us to face the lies of the devil in our own sanctification process to make us fit to become a living sacrifice ourselves and enter the ministry like Jesus showed us in His life pattern. So we may minister to others like Jesus has ministered to us, so they can also be led by the Holy Spirit to face the lies of the devil in their own sanctification process.

Blessings
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!