HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,612
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,987 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 53 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 52 53
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Alchemy] #174280
06/16/15 01:40 PM
06/16/15 01:40 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: Alchemy

I listen a fair amount to a guy named Ben Davidson of Suspicious0bservers.org. He is adamantly against the idea of global warming. Yet, the ocean levels are probably two feet higher today than thirty years ago.

There just isn't any other explanation that I know of.
While ice melting would seem to increase sea levels, what I heard "predicted" probably a decade ago is that the sea levels were going to rise an inch in the next 100 years. And they felt that was dramatic. Could be, could not be. But the relevance here is you are saying something totally earth-shattering! Really?! Two feet in the last 30 years! That's simply amazing. I wonder why that's not in the news. Could you show where you got that?

I'll try to find that report,

It was interesting because these people were Americans, and I think some Europeans, living on a small island. Even though their homes were about three hundred feet from the shore, that only represented about two feet in elevation. Well, now the water has risen to the point it's up to their homes and they will need to leave soon because their children were becoming scared.

And yes, this was reported. This was made available to the public.

I hope to get back soon.
Now some people suggest that the ocean piles up around some islands more than others. But consider that some islands have sunk. Which I recall being reported. And which is a totally different issue than any supposed rising sea levels.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #174503
06/21/15 11:48 PM
06/21/15 11:48 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Hi All!
I am new to this site, so please forgive me if I mess up my posts.

A fascinating topic, I haven't read through the entire thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned already. I receive periodic email updates from an American SDA gentleman named Scott Christiansen. He is a brilliant fellow, who bases his ministry on the theory that life on Earth, as well as its various systems (hydrological, atmospheric, etc.) are all interrelated and have been declining at a faster and faster rate since the acceptance of sin and death by Adam and Eve.

This makes sense, since it was not just humanity, but also all that our ancestors were granted dominion over that was cursed by sin. Mr. Christiansen has written a book called, Planet in Distress, based on Matthew 24:6-8. I highly recommend it, as well as his website of the same name with numerous archived articles. He sources his material from various government agencies, universities, satellite and historical data, as well as some extremely knowledgable individuals.

It is quite remarkable how the connections are made between changing weather patterns, earthquakes, droughts, social unrest and war. Since reading Planet in Distress, I have come to what I believe to be a much clearer understanding of Matthew 24.

Here is the website:

http://planetindistress.com/tag/scott-christiansen/

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #174504
06/21/15 11:58 PM
06/21/15 11:58 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
By the way, has everyone heard about Pope Francis' encyclical on the environment? Seems as though the Beast is awakening!

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."

Luke 21:28

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #174519
06/22/15 03:25 PM
06/22/15 03:25 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Jesus promised to bless the Jews in Canaan. The land would provide abundantly. "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Quote:
Deuteronomy
28:1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe [and] to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
28:2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
28:3 Blessed [shalt] thou [be] in the city, and blessed [shalt] thou [be] in the field.
28:4 Blessed [shall be] the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
28:5 Blessed [shall be] thy basket and thy store.
28:6 Blessed [shalt] thou [be] when thou comest in, and blessed [shalt] thou [be] when thou goest out.
28:7 The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
28:8 The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
28:9 The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.
28:10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.
28:11 And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
28:12 The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
28:13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do [them]:
28:14 And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, [to] the right hand, or [to] the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

Seems to me whether or not the land and weather provides blessings is up to Jesus. Nature is not self-acting. It obeys Jesus. It can only do what Jesus employs it to do.

Quote:
At this time immense forests were buried. These have since been changed to coal, forming the extensive coal beds that now exist, and also yielding large quantities of oil. The coal and oil frequently ignite and burn beneath the surface of the earth. Thus rocks are heated, limestone is burned, and iron ore melted. The action of the water upon the lime adds fury to the intense heat, and causes earthquakes, volcanoes, and fiery issues. As the fire and water come in contact with ledges of rock and ore, there are heavy explosions underground, which sound like muffled thunder. The air is hot and suffocating. Volcanic eruptions follow; and these often failing to give sufficient vent to the heated elements, the earth itself is convulsed, the ground heaves and swells like the waves of the sea, great fissures appear, and sometimes cities, villages, and burning mountains are swallowed up. These wonderful manifestations will be more and more frequent and terrible just before the second coming of Christ and the end of the world, as signs of its speedy destruction. {PP 108.2}

The depths of the earth are the Lord's arsenal, whence were drawn weapons to be employed in the destruction of the old world. Waters gushing from the earth united with the waters from heaven to accomplish the work of desolation. Since the Flood, fire as well as water has been God's agent to destroy very wicked cities. These judgments are sent that those who lightly regard God's law and trample upon His authority may be led to tremble before His power and to confess His just sovereignty. As men have beheld burning mountains pouring forth fire and flames and torrents of melted ore, drying up rivers, overwhelming populous cities, and everywhere spreading ruin and desolation, the stoutest heart has been filled with terror and infidels and blasphemers have been constrained to acknowledge the infinite power of God. {PP 109.1}

Said the prophets of old, referring to scenes like these: "Oh that Thou wouldest rend the heavens, that Thou wouldest come down, that the mountains might flow down at Thy presence, as when the melting fire burneth, the fire causeth the waters to boil, to make Thy name known to Thine adversaries, that the nations may tremble at Thy presence! When Thou didst terrible things which we looked not for, Thou camest down, the mountains flowed down at Thy presence." Isaiah 64:1-3. "The Lord hath His way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of His feet. He rebuketh the sea, and maketh it dry, and drieth up all the rivers." Nahum 1:3, 4. {PP 109.2}

More terrible manifestations than the world has ever yet beheld, will be witnessed at the second advent of Christ. "The mountains quake at Him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at His presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein. Who can stand before His indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of His anger?" Nahum 1:5, 6. "Bow Thy heavens, O Lord, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke. Cast forth lightning, and scatter them: shoot out Thine arrows, and destroy them." Psalm 144:5, 6. {PP 109.3}

"I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke." Acts 2:19. "And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great." "And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent." Revelation 16:18, 20, 21. {PP 110.1}

As lightnings from heaven unite with the fire in the earth, the mountains will burn like a furnace, and will pour forth terrific streams of lava, overwhelming gardens and fields, villages and cities. Seething molten masses thrown into the rivers will cause the waters to boil, sending forth massive rocks with indescribable violence and scattering their broken fragments upon the land. Rivers will be dried up. The earth will be convulsed; everywhere there will be dreadful earthquakes and eruptions. {PP 110.2}

Thus God will destroy the wicked from off the earth. But the righteous will be preserved in the midst of these commotions, as Noah was preserved in the ark. God will be their refuge, and under His wings shall they trust. Says the psalmist: "Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the Most High, thy habitation; there shall no evil befall thee." Psalm 91:9, 10. "In the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me." Psalm 27:5. God's promise is, "Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known My name." Psalm 91:14. {PP 110.3}

Most of the natural disasters plaguing the earth is the result of the Flood - which Jesus caused. Jesus works by employing the forces of nature to accomplish His will. There are times when Jesus commands holy angels to cause devastation. And there are times when He permits evil angels to cause destruction - but within strictly enforced imitations. Evil angels are not free to wreak havoc as they please.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #174520
06/22/15 03:31 PM
06/22/15 03:31 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Yes, I had heard the pope jumped on the global warming wagon. And thought if that's not telling, what would be!

In your link, when looking at the depletion of fish, I think one needs to keep in mind the toxic kills from the radiation spewing from Japan. Whether there was some decline in the past has all be eliminated from the crash with the radiation kill. Any thought of decline and it's reason is now non-relevant. They're gone. History.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #174533
06/23/15 04:05 AM
06/23/15 04:05 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Those are some awe inspiring quotes, Mountain Man!  Thank-you for them.  

I agree that God promised to bless the Israelites and cause their land to flourish, if they obeyed His Word.  The rest of the unbelieving world was not so fortunate.  
Although, those who loved God were sheltered by His Grace, as were Noah and his kin, the remainder of the world was left to reap the results of sin, death.

I believe it is true that the Lord is in control of everything, including the natural world and may override any occurrence He wishes.  I also believe that He has given humanity free will.  If the majority chooses to use the planet carelessly and greedily, then our Lord will acknowledge that choice: they shall be allowed to reap what they have sown.  In order that the fruit of sin may be exposed.  

"And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth."

Revelation 11:18

Joseph and the children of Abraham were saved from famine when God revealed the future through  Pharaoh's dream.  The rest of the unbelieving nations were left to suffer.

"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places."

Matthew 24:7

As with Noah and Joseph,
I believe we have also been warned beforehand, so that not only will we see the results of sin, were it allowed to spread throughout the unfallen universe: we will have the privilege of witnessing the mercy and power of the Lord God to save to the utmost those who trust in Him!

"A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; [but] it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, [which is] my refuge, [even] the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling."

Psalms 91:7-10

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #174536
06/23/15 08:43 AM
06/23/15 08:43 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

Republicans in the USA are getting restless, some have even begun to criticize the Pope's environmental stance.  Jeb Bush basically said, he should stay out of politics!  With the rapid growth of the catholic population in the States,  I think we will see the Beast begin to flex his secular muscles very soon.

The Pope is also scheduled to address Congress and the UN in September.  Should be an interesting fall, prophetically speaking!

Pope Francis stated that he would like to have entered the USA through the Mexican boarder as a show of support for (mostly catholic) immigrants.  Unfortunately his schedule would not allow the extra time...

I agree, the radiation from Japan is the death knell For the Pacific.  
The International Atomic Energy Agency is actually recommending Fukushima start dumping radioactive coolant water directly into the pacific.

Radiation has already reached the west coast of North and South America, from Chile To Canada.  
On the bright side, soon coastal cities won't need streetlights, the glowing ocean water should be more than sufficient to illuminate the roads.   

In honor of that Golden Calf, the Almighty Dollar, corporate controlled governments keep firing up more and more reactors.  
Jesus is coming soon!

Last edited by ProdigalOne; 06/23/15 08:44 AM.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #174537
06/23/15 02:11 PM
06/23/15 02:11 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Prodigal One, so true. Thank you.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #174550
06/23/15 04:47 PM
06/23/15 04:47 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Jesus promised to bless the Jews in Canaan. The land would provide abundantly.
Yes, Jesus promised to bless them if they obeyed and to counteract the work of the evil one. But Jesus does not cause disaster, destruction, nor sin. Jesus is not the evil one. Jesus is not the destroyer.

MM, you are wrong about Jesus.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #174567
06/23/15 08:47 PM
06/23/15 08:47 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
We have to grow in grace and trust that there is hope for others as well. How else will sinners find their way to Jesus?

Last edited by Johann; 06/23/15 08:48 PM.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Page 18 of 53 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 52 53

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!