HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,953 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23
Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Elle] #175578
07/23/15 02:54 PM
07/23/15 02:54 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Kland, you and I are in absolute agreement as to the validity, soundness, and truthfulness of the 28FB. You believe each and every one of them are "sound doctrine".

PS - Dividing fundamental truths into 28FB is simply a matter of convenience. There is nothing sacred about how many ways FB truths are divided and enumerated. Fundamental truths are the same yestersay, today, and forever.

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Elle] #175580
07/23/15 08:46 PM
07/23/15 08:46 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
But that is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about you "dividing" them on the fly as fits your purpose against someone.

And I'm talking about you using them as always in existence as one and the same as the Law of God.

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Elle] #175583
07/23/15 09:33 PM
07/23/15 09:33 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Kland, I don't understand you. Please elaborate. Document.

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Mountain Man] #175594
07/24/15 08:57 PM
07/24/15 08:57 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Sigh.

Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: APL
We are discussing the answer to your question elsewhere. Let's stay on topic here. SDA members and leaders who refuse to live in harmony with the 28FB should be disciplined.
It is one topic. I've asked you want discipline you would give way back, and you don't have a straight answer. Christ is our guide, what would Christ do to those who do not hold to the real FBs, the Bible? Hard for you to answer?

The Jews refused to live in harmony with FB and Jesus raised up the Christian Church. The Bible is very clear about what to do when members refuse to live in harmony with FB.

James, I always appreciate your sense of rumor (humor). Jesus tasked the Nation of Israel with protecting and proclaiming the truth. Dire was the penalty for rejecting and/or refusing to live in harmony with the FB. "The LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp." Would you label such leadership as totalitarian or communistic? Most people refer to it as a Theocracy. No, I do not believe Jesus will command leaders today to execute capital punishment. Different dispensation. But I do believe the passages posted above make it clear Jesus expects the leaders He ordains to protect and proclaim the truth. Sometimes that involves disciplining members and leaders who refuse to live in harmony with the FB.

Show that the Jews, Jesus, has the same FB as "The 28 +/-". All you can say it doesn't matter how they are specified. That's bogus.

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Elle] #175596
07/25/15 01:29 AM
07/25/15 01:29 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Kland, I cannot figure out what you are saying. Jesus is the truth. The truth is, therefore, eternal. I didn't make up the 28FB. Don't blame me if you don't like them.

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Mountain Man] #175597
07/25/15 01:41 AM
07/25/15 01:41 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Kland, I cannot figure out what you are saying. Jesus is the truth. The truth is, therefore, eternal. I didn't make up the 28FB. Don't blame me if you don't like them.

Right. The 27 FB were "made up" by a group of progressive-leaning Adventists who determined to put their bent into the expression of said beliefs which would then be adopted by the world church. It was an ingenious method of influencing what people perceived to be their own beliefs and doctrines within the church.

I'll believe truth as I see it expressed in the Word of God. I prefer its expression there over any other such expression of it as one might encounter in the world.

Satan himself can express truth. Remember, the three temptations of Christ in the wilderness all employed "truth" from the scriptures. If Satan can use scripture to his own ends, why should any one of us not be leery of such as the 28 Fundamentals purport to portray in their own mode of expression "beside" the Bible?

How you, Mike, can have taken up with the idea that the 28 FB are equivalent and equal to the Bible is beyond me. What saith the LORD on the matter? " We then took the position that the Bible, and the Bible only, was to be our guide; and we are never to depart from this position." Ellen White, Letter 105, 1903.

You have departed, Mike. I cannot, and will not, depart from this position. The Bible ONLY is to be my guide. The Adventist creed is not my guide. The Bible is my only creed.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Elle] #175599
07/25/15 04:06 AM
07/25/15 04:06 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
GC, what does the Bible teach? What is the truth? What is sound doctrine? Are members of the Remnant Church free to believe as they wish? What is false doctrine? Do you and I and everybody else decide what is truth and what is false doctrine? Is the Bible so clear as to not require the inspired guidance of people like Paul and Ellen White - people Jesus raised up to lead and rule the church?

John
20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on [them], and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; [and] whose soever [sins] ye retain, they are retained.

Hebrews
13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of [their] conversation.
13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that [is] unprofitable for you.

Galatians
1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

2 Thessalonians
3:14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
3:15 Yet count [him] not as an enemy, but admonish [him] as a brother.

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Elle] #175600
07/25/15 04:55 AM
07/25/15 04:55 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Mike,

If you believe that the 27-28 FB are more clear than the Bible, it is clear to me that you have begun to depart from the teachings of both the Bible and of Mrs. White.

If you wish to imply that the Bible is not sufficiently clear, what is it you are really saying? If the BIble is not clear, how could unisnpired men write a list of beliefs and make them clearer?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Elle] #175607
07/25/15 03:18 PM
07/25/15 03:18 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
GC, you didn't answer my questions. You also misunderstood my post.

PS - Are you certain the 3AM are so clear as not to require the prophetic guidance of God through Ellen White? "The remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." "Thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Elle] #175609
07/25/15 03:29 PM
07/25/15 03:29 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Matthew
18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell [it] unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as a heathen man and a publican.
18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

The Authority Invested in the Church

Christ gives power to the voice of the church. "Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." No such thing is countenanced as one man's starting out upon his own individual responsibility and advocating what views he chooses, irrespective of the judgment of the church. God has bestowed the highest power under heaven upon His church. It is the voice of God in His united people in church capacity which is to be respected. 431 {CCh 241.4}

The Word of God does not give license for one man to set up his judgment in opposition to the judgment of the church, neither is he allowed to urge his opinions against the opinions of the church. If there were no church discipline and government, the church would go to fragments; it could not hold together as a body. There have ever been individuals of independent minds who have claimed that they were right, that God had especially taught, impressed, and led them. Each has a theory of his own, views peculiar to himself, and each claims that his views are in accordance with the word of God. Each one has a different theory and faith, yet each claims special light from God. These draw away from the body, and each one is a separate church of himself. All these cannot be right, yet they all claim to be led of the Lord. {CCh 241.5}

Our Saviour follows His lessons of instruction with a promise that if two or three should be united in asking anything of God it should be given them. Christ here shows that there must be union with others, even in our desires for a given object. Great importance is attached to the united prayer, the union of purpose. God hears the prayers of individuals, but on this occasion Jesus was giving especial and important lessons that were to have a special bearing upon His newly organized church on the earth. There must be an agreement in the things which they desire and for which they pray. It was not merely the thoughts and exercises of one mind, liable to deception; but the petition was to be the earnest desire of several minds centered on the same point. 432 {CCh 242.1}

The church is God's appointed agency for the salvation of men. It was organized for service, and its mission is to carry the gospel to the world. From the beginning it has been God's plan that through His church shall be reflected to the world His fullness and His sufficiency. The members of the church, those whom He has called out of darkness into His marvelous light, are to show forth His glory. The church is the repository of the riches of the grace of Christ; and through the church will eventually be made manifest, even to "the principalities and powers in heavenly places," the final and full display of the love of God. 433 {CCh 242.2}

Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!