HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,632
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication), 3,538 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 53 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 52 53
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176043
08/13/15 09:12 PM
08/13/15 09:12 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Officials: “Trillions of becquerels of radioactive material still flowing into sea” at Fukushima — Map shows nuclear waste coming up from bottom of ocean far offshore — Japan TV Journalist: “Contaminated seawater will circulate around globe… disaster like a huge cloth expanding everyday”

Wonder why MM's god is doing this.

Attorney for US Navy Sailors: Third death from exposure to Fukushima fallout — Baby with brain cancer has died — Reporters afraid to publish stories related to case — Professor: USS Reagan sailors were first people to be hit by plume outside of plant

Well, as long as it is MM's god doing such things, we needn't worry ourselves. Whether baby or coverup.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: APL] #176061
08/14/15 02:56 PM
08/14/15 02:56 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: APL
Would you then agree, that God is then responsible for all the evil in the world because He enables it? . . . A woman is rapes, then it is God will. She could not be raped unless God wanted it to happen. Calvin would be pleased.

You are adding ideas by using words like "enables" and "wanted". You and I both agree Jesus withdraws His protection and permits horrible things to happen for reasons that make sense to Him. There are times when He chooses to intervene and prevent horrible things from happening, and there are times when He chooses not to intervene, when He chooses to permit them to play out in accordance with the limits He sets and works to enforce. He leaves nothing to fate, chance, natural law, or evil men or evil angels. He works to ensure things do not play out in ways that exceed the limits He is willing to allow. When circumstances force Him to withdraw His protection and permit horrible things to happen - He hates it. He never wants horrible things to happen. But all too often circumstances force Him to permit it. In heaven He will explain why and it will make perfect sense - but it will not eliminate the sadness.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176062
08/14/15 03:20 PM
08/14/15 03:20 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: kland
So are you saying that man did not do anything wrong in choosing a poor place for the reactor, having no backup plan, no protection from waves? That your god caused man to do poor planning? Or are you saying that man needn't worry about such useless details because.... god did it. Wow, what freedom! That relieves a lot of the responsibility. Maybe you could talk to our president and just say give any country who want's to go nuclear full blessing. Legalize drugs. In fact, have no laws. Anything bad which results..... MM's god did it. God of Fire. God of Water. MM's god: the god of death, disease, and disaster.

Kland, please choose your words carefully. Take the time to be kind. There is no excuse for being rude and harsh. You can express your thoughts without the inhumane treatment. Such behavior violates forum rules. Please be kind. I doubt you would be as cruel face to face. Do not let the internet hinder you from exercising common courtesy.

Yes, we are free to manage our choices. However, Jesus is free to manage the outcome of our choices. He can intervene in ways that do not violate freewill - the freedom to think and act. For example, a criminal is free to point a pistol and pull the trigger. However, whether or not the bullet causes harm is up to Jesus. He is free to intervene and prevent harm. There are a gazillion ways He can do so without violating freewill.

So, the question remains - Why does Jesus withdraw His protection and permit evil men and evil angels to cause death, disease, and disaster?

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176067
08/14/15 06:43 PM
08/14/15 06:43 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: mm
So, the question remains - Why does Jesus withdraw His protection and permit evil men and evil angels to cause death, disease, and disaster?
But you say God (god?) directly causes sickness, disease, and death and disasters. That god is indeed, harsh, severe, and exacting.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #176068
08/14/15 07:22 PM
08/14/15 07:22 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Reading it again, I could see how it could be taken. But I didn't mean, "Wow, what freedom" in that sort of way, ending with a period. I meant it as one who is amazed, relieved. "Wow! Man, what freedom!" exclamation sort of way.

Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Yes, we are free to manage our choices. However, Jesus is free to manage the outcome of our choices. He can intervene in ways that do not violate freewill - the freedom to think and act. For example, a criminal is free to point a pistol and pull the trigger. However, whether or not the bullet causes harm is up to Jesus. He is free to intervene and prevent harm. There are a gazillion ways He can do so without violating freewill.
Really? Put it in terms of the nuclear disaster that's happening. Where is free will in that, of the questions I asked? Or is this where Jesus is not causing death, disease, and disaster, that is, men are exercising free will in this case? And if that could be the case, does that mean you yourself can look at the disaster, but have no idea whether Jesus caused it or whether Jesus permitted it?

Quote:
I don't understand. You said Jesus causes death, disease, and disaster.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: APL] #176072
08/14/15 09:14 PM
08/14/15 09:14 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: So, the question remains - Why does Jesus withdraw His protection and permit evil men and evil angels to cause death, disease, and disaster?

A: But you say God (god?) directly causes sickness, disease, and death and disasters. That god is indeed, harsh, severe, and exacting.

You are adding words again. If you intend to share my view please stick to the words I use. In fact, simply quote me. My words are very clear. Easy to understand. They do not require interpretation.

It is true that there are times when Jesus employs the forces of nature to cause death, disease, and disaster. However, my question above pertains to those times when Jesus withdraws His protection and permits evil men and evil angels to cause death, disease, and disaster. Are you willing to answer my question?

PS - Please note that I refer to Jesus and not a "god" you made up. It is offensive when you substitute my words with insulting words when referring to my posts. Please be kind.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176073
08/14/15 09:17 PM
08/14/15 09:17 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: mm
My words are very clear. Easy to understand. They do not require interpretation.
Yes, you have said clearly, "God" causes sickness, disease and death.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176074
08/14/15 09:25 PM
08/14/15 09:25 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: Yes, we are free to manage our choices. However, Jesus is free to manage the outcome of our choices. He can intervene in ways that do not violate freewill - the freedom to think and act. For example, a criminal is free to point a pistol and pull the trigger. However, whether or not the bullet causes harm is up to Jesus. He is free to intervene and prevent harm. There are a gazillion ways He can do so without violating freewill.

K: Really? Put it in terms of the nuclear disaster that's happening. Where is free will in that, of the questions I asked? Or is this where Jesus is not causing death, disease, and disaster, that is, men are exercising free will in this case? And if that could be the case, does that mean you yourself can look at the disaster, but have no idea whether Jesus caused it or whether Jesus permitted it?

Jesus is in control of the outcome of our choices. People chose to install a thermonuclear power plant. Jesus chose to allow a storm to damage it. He also managed the fallout. He is in control - not fate, not chance, not natural law, not evil angels. It really doesn't matter if Jesus chose to withdraw His protection and permitted evil angels to cause the damage, or if He commanded holy angels to do it, or if He chose to do it Himself. The outcome is the same, namely, things played out according to the way He was willing to allow.

M: So, the question remains - Why does Jesus withdraw His protection and permit evil men and evil angels to cause death, disease, and disaster?

K: I don't understand. You said Jesus causes death, disease, and disaster.

See my post to APL above.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: APL] #176075
08/14/15 09:28 PM
08/14/15 09:28 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: My words are very clear. Easy to understand. They do not require interpretation.

A: Yes, you have said clearly, "God" causes sickness, disease and death.

That is correct (although I usually say Jesus). But that isn't what my question is asking. Are you willing to answer my question?

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176076
08/14/15 09:34 PM
08/14/15 09:34 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
PS - We should stay on topic. My question is aimed at global warming. I believe the disasters typically blamed on global warming are the result of Jesus allowing evil angels to manipulate the forces of nature - not the result of human pollution.

Page 29 of 53 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 52 53

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/15/24 09:27 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!