HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Daryl, Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,978 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 53 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 52 53
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176078
08/15/15 05:10 AM
08/15/15 05:10 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: mm
PS - We should stay on topic. My question is aimed at global warming. I believe the disasters typically blamed on global warming are the result of Jesus allowing evil angels to manipulate the forces of nature - not the result of human pollution.
How do you know? How do you know it is not God. Is not Jesus God? I don't know how you could possibly tell from your point of view. I'm not sure why you ignore the SOP, for if you did not, you would easily tell.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #176079
08/15/15 05:53 AM
08/15/15 05:53 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man

Do not let the internet hinder you from exercising common courtesy.

Amen, Mountain Man.
Let us remember the words of Paul:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."
Galations 5:22-23

If we have passion, but no Fruit, we do not belong to Christ!
What good is it to win the argument, yet lose your soul?

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #176080
08/15/15 08:52 AM
08/15/15 08:52 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
PS - We should stay on topic. My question is aimed at global warming. I believe the disasters typically blamed on global warming are the result of Jesus allowing evil angels to manipulate the forces of nature - not the result of human pollution.

Mountain Man, I agree that Jesus allows or limits evil angels destructive powers.
This gives rise to two questions: why does Jesus either allow or limit demonic power, and how do evil angels accomplish their foul manipulations?

I believe that the book of Job gives us some major clues as to what is happening: this planet is a courtroom; Satan is the prosecutor; Jesus is the defense council; Humanity is the evidence; all unfallen beings throughout the universe are the jurors; and God is on trail.

If God allows Satan too much power, then the Earth will be swiftly destroyed and no one will be saved. On the other hand, if God limits Satan too much, the Devil will not be able to make enough of a case to show the contrast between the opposing views of the prosecution and defense councils.

How God arrives at the proper balance between permission and restraint only He knows.
It is sufficient for us to comprehend His motives.

As for the second question: God occasionally works through miraculous means, but for the most part, He uses people. So it is with Satan. Since, he was the highest of the angelic host, second only to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, we must assume that his understanding of physics, ecology, hydrology, seismology, meteorology etc. is surpassed only by God.

With this in mind, it is perfectly plausible that given Devine permission, he is capable of manipulating the physical functioning of the Earth and its concomitant systems. The requirement then is gaining permission to do so.

Since Adam and his descendents were granted dominion over the Earth, the Devil's first step would be to obtain their acquiescence. He can then say to the watching universe: "Humanity has accepted this course. Therefore, if God does not allow it, He is unjust!"

Lets examine one among the numerous examples of this process in action:

"Amid substantial public opposition, Japan on Tuesday restarted one of more than 40 atomic reactors that were taken out of service in wake of the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster. Kyushu Electric Power Co. said it had restarted the No. 1 reactor at its Sendai plant in Kagoshima prefecture"

Sci-Tech Today

Fukushima is still spewing life devouring radiation into the Pacific, and the Japanese leadership is already green lighting nuclear reactor restarts! Japan is located on one of the most active geological sites on the entire Pacific Rim of Fire. This makes it a target for numerous earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and tsunamis. It is also, extremely vulnerable to huge Pacific typhoons.
(Both God and Satan know what the logical conclusion of this scenario will be)

Since Fukushima, "...Japan has had to make up for that lost generating capacity largely by burning coal and natural gas. Japan, which has little fossil fuel of its own, must import that material, and power costs have risen substantially for businesses and households. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who came to power in late 2012, says Japan needs nuclear power and can operate plants safely. Utility companies have suffered and Japan's trade deficit has risen. That has complicated Abe's efforts to improve the economy."

ibid.

Could Japan survive without nuclear power generation? Yes! Would it be more expensive, monetarily? Yes!
(Satan working through human leaders to destroy lives and the planet)

"For the love of money is the root of all evil".
1Timothy 6:10

" 'Japan's big business association is under the strong influence of the nuclear power lobby, and it has long demanded that the government restart the plants as soon as possible,' said Koichi Nakano, a professor of Japanese politics at Sophia University in Tokyo. This lobby 'is very well represented among the power elite behind Abe's government, so it has long thought that if this government cannot resume nuclear power generation, no other government can.' "

ibid.

Much of Prime Minister Abe's campaigne funding came from the "power elite", who have a financial interest in restarting Japan's nuclear reactors.
(Being a master of human psychology, Satan knows exactly how to manipulate us into helping him to destroy ourselves and the planet)

"...not everyone is convinced the NRA's (Japanese, Nuclear Regulation Authority) new measures are sufficient. Others have complained, for example, that the NRA approved a management plan for the Kyushu plant even though its operator had not finished conducting some earthquake stress tests on some aging equipment, and some documents were incomplete. Others say evacuation plans and other emergency measures are still inadequate."

" 'The new so-called strict guidelines do not meet global standards and focus on hardware, whereas the main lesson of Fukushima is that human error was a major factor contributing to the meltdowns," said Jeffrey Kingston, a professor at Temple University and author of "Contemporary Japan.' 'This means much better training and nurturing a culture of safety, but it is clear that these significant risks remain unaddressed in the rush to restart. Yet again corners are being cut and public safety is being risked to help the bottom line.' "

ibid.

(Satan working through people: his deceptions convince those in charge of safety that the "bottom line" is of more import than human lives and the planet)

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #176081
08/15/15 09:00 AM
08/15/15 09:00 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

As God unites with humanity for our salvation, so Satan unites with humanity to accomplish our destruction.

For instance, if Satan, with his supernatural knowledge of hydrology, meteorology, and volcanology, knew that a huge increase in volcanic activity was releasing greenhouse gases in amounts nearly fatal to the Earth's weather and ecosystems: would he not work mightily to influence leaders around the world? Would he not dangle massive amounts of money in front of their eyes and blind them to the consequences of their greed? Would he not, as he did with Eve in the Garden, mingle truth with a lie and convince them that global warming is a completely natural phenomena. Knowing full well that nature was at its tipping point and just one more feather-light straw would crush the spine of the Earth?

What is Satan's plan for humanity?

Just a few thousand more coal burning generators, a few hundred million more cars, a few million less hectares of forest, and we will all be "rich and in need of nothing", while billions of unsaved souls slowly starve to death on a dead planet that once bore the image of God's Perfect Love...

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176083
08/15/15 03:25 PM
08/15/15 03:25 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Prodigal One, thank you for sharing. Great insights. I am thankful Jesus is in control. I am glad He manages the outcome of our choices. I am happy He leaves nothing to fate, chance, natural law, evil men, or evil angels. I am grateful He works to ensure nothing and no one exceeds the limits He sets.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176084
08/15/15 03:26 PM
08/15/15 03:26 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
APL, please answer my question.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #176104
08/17/15 03:08 PM
08/17/15 03:08 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: kland
M: Yes, we are free to manage our choices. However, Jesus is free to manage the outcome of our choices. He can intervene in ways that do not violate freewill - the freedom to think and act. For example, a criminal is free to point a pistol and pull the trigger. However, whether or not the bullet causes harm is up to Jesus. He is free to intervene and prevent harm. There are a gazillion ways He can do so without violating freewill.

K: Really? Put it in terms of the nuclear disaster that's happening. Where is free will in that, of the questions I asked? Or is this where Jesus is not causing death, disease, and disaster, that is, men are exercising free will in this case? And if that could be the case, does that mean you yourself can look at the disaster, but have no idea whether Jesus caused it or whether Jesus permitted it?
Jesus is in control of the outcome of our choices. People chose to install a thermonuclear power plant. Jesus chose to allow a storm to damage it. He also managed the fallout. He is in control - not fate, not chance, not natural law, not evil angels. It really doesn't matter if Jesus chose to withdraw His protection and permitted evil angels to cause the damage, or if He commanded holy angels to do it, or if He chose to do it Himself. The outcome is the same, namely, things played out according to the way He was willing to allow.
I suppose it doesn't matter to you really whether Jesus allowed or caused damage. And that's why you see no need to answer the question of how do you determine whether Satan causes harm or Jesus does.

But then, how can you be so sure Jesus allowed the storm to hit rather than caused it?

But then, how can you be so sure Jesus allowed the fallout to blow around the world rather than caused it to blow?

But then, how can you be so sure Jesus allowed the fallout to kill the life in the ocean rather than killing it Himself?

I believe the results of Fukushima are going to cause people to blame global warming on them. I believe Fukushima is playing a major part of the end of the world. But global warming will be blamed, and people will pat themselves on the back for changing their lightbulbs and think they are helping.

How do you know, given your idea about the character of God, that He didn't cause men to choose a poor place, cause the storm to blow, cause poor planning or a lack of a plan, and then just arbitrarily kill the animals to promote Sunday laws?

Or are you saying, it makes no difference?

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: ProdigalOne] #176105
08/17/15 03:13 PM
08/17/15 03:13 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
Since Fukushima, "...Japan has had to make up for that lost generating capacity largely by burning coal and natural gas. Japan, which has little fossil fuel of its own, must import that material, and power costs have risen substantially for businesses and households. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who came to power in late 2012, says Japan needs nuclear power and can operate plants safely. Utility companies have suffered and Japan's trade deficit has risen. That has complicated Abe's efforts to improve the economy."
What have they got to lose? They're toast anyway, just as well make some money on the way down.

But what about the rest of us? They had no problem in producing toys with lead paint. Can you imagine how they dispose of contaminated materials? Spread the pain.

There should be an absolute ban on Japanese imports to any other country!

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: APL] #176106
08/17/15 03:14 PM
08/17/15 03:14 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: APL
M: We should stay on topic. My question is aimed at global warming. I believe the disasters typically blamed on global warming are the result of Jesus allowing evil angels to manipulate the forces of nature - not the result of human pollution.

A: How do you know? How do you know it is not God. Is not Jesus God? I don't know how you could possibly tell from your point of view. I'm not sure why you ignore the SOP, for if you did not, you would easily tell.

Again, it doesn't really matter if Jesus Himself is employing the forces of nature to cause the death, disease, and disasters people blame on global warming or if He commands holy angels to do it or if He permits evil angels to do it - the results are the same, namely, Jesus is in control of the outcome of the Great Controversy. He manages the consequences of our choices in ways that ensure things play out according to His will. He does not sit back and permit evil men and evil angels to manipulate things however they see fit. Jesus does not make people make bad decisions. They are free to think and act as they choose. However, Jesus is free to manage the outcome of their thoughts and actions ensuring things play out according to His will. For example, Jesus is free to intervene and prevent man-made disasters. He could have prevented 911. He could have prevented Fukushima. But for reasons that make sense to Jesus He chose to allow things to play out the way they did. More than that, He worked to ensure they did not play out some other way. He leaves nothing to fate, chance, natural law, evil men, or evil angels.

1) "Since the Flood, fire as well as water has been God's agent to destroy very wicked cities."
2) "The same destructive power exercised by holy angels when God commands, will be exercised by evil angels when He permits."

Quote:
The depths of the earth are the Lord's arsenal, whence were drawn weapons to be employed in the destruction of the old world. Waters gushing from the earth united with the waters from heaven to accomplish the work of desolation. Since the Flood, fire as well as water has been God's agent to destroy very wicked cities. These judgments are sent that those who lightly regard God's law and trample upon His authority may be led to tremble before His power and to confess His just sovereignty. As men have beheld burning mountains pouring forth fire and flames and torrents of melted ore, drying up rivers, overwhelming populous cities, and everywhere spreading ruin and desolation, the stoutest heart has been filled with terror and infidels and blasphemers have been constrained to acknowledge the infinite power of God. {PP 109.1}

When He leaves the sanctuary, darkness covers the inhabitants of the earth. In that fearful time the righteous must live in the sight of a holy God without an intercessor. The restraint which has been upon the wicked is removed, and Satan has entire control of the finally impenitent. God's long-suffering has ended. The world has rejected His mercy, despised His love, and trampled upon His law. The wicked have passed the boundary of their probation; the Spirit of God, persistently resisted, has been at last withdrawn. Unsheltered by divine grace, they have no protection from the wicked one. Satan will then plunge the inhabitants of the earth into one great, final trouble. As the angels of God cease to hold in check the fierce winds of human passion, all the elements of strife will be let loose. The whole world will be involved in ruin more terrible than that which came upon Jerusalem of old. {GC 614.1}

A single angel destroyed all the first-born of the Egyptians and filled the land with mourning. When David offended against God by numbering the people, one angel caused that terrible destruction by which his sin was punished. The same destructive power exercised by holy angels when God commands, will be exercised by evil angels when He permits. There are forces now ready, and only waiting the divine permission, to spread desolation everywhere. {GC 614.2}

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176107
08/17/15 03:25 PM
08/17/15 03:25 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Kland, I have answered your question. Now, please answer mine.

Why does Jesus withdraw His protection and permit evil men and evil angels to cause death, disease, and disaster? Why doesn't He intervene and prevent it?

Page 30 of 53 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 52 53

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!