HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,628
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,396 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 53 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 52 53
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176339
08/25/15 07:54 PM
08/25/15 07:54 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
Is it really "God hurting them" if they choose to drink the poison of sin after He has warned them, in fact pleaded with them, not to?
You're missing the point. MM is not saying that God is warning them not to drink the poison, but that God is the one poisoning them.

P.S. Don't know what you are talking about a strawman, but I find those who accuse others of strawman, are generally dishonest. Are you an exception? Maybe due to not understanding my point?

Kland, you posted a quote from me, not Mountain Man. If you had a point to make concerning his words, it would seem more practical to post his statement not mine.

Your strawman argument was putting words into my mouth, the quote you posted had no mention of the unsaved being destroyed as "good news". You then proceeded to argue agains something I never said. This is a classic strawman approach and is in fact dishonest.

I have seen you post the generalization: "I find those who accuse others of strawman, are generally dishonest." before. Generalization is the path to prejudice and bigotry.

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176353
08/26/15 03:27 PM
08/26/15 03:27 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: Kland, Jesus stated the truth in the Scripture posted above in language so clear no one in their right mind can mistake it.

K: You think it's clear, but have difficulty stating who killed Saul.

Again, Revelation 14:9-12 is too plain to misconstrue.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: ProdigalOne] #176356
08/26/15 08:38 PM
08/26/15 08:38 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Kland, you posted a quote from me, not Mountain Man. If you had a point to make concerning his words, it would seem more practical to post his statement not mine.

Your strawman argument was putting words into my mouth, the quote you posted had no mention of the unsaved being destroyed as "good news".
You said, warn the world. About what? You were responding to MM and me, saying we need to be of one accord. With what? You were talking about MM. So was I, but your argument was not valid.
[/quote]

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #176357
08/26/15 08:42 PM
08/26/15 08:42 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
M: Kland, Jesus stated the truth in the Scripture posted above in language so clear no one in their right mind can mistake it.

K: You think it's clear, but have difficulty stating who killed Saul.

Again, Revelation 14:9-12 is too plain to misconstrue.
Rev 14 does not talk about Saul. The point is that if you have difficulty stating who killed Saul, how can you be clear on anything else?

If Iran were to be allowed to use centrifuges for producing nuclear bombs and missiles, would you say they would be making use of the same destructive power as Japan did by failing to have a backup plan for their nuclear reactors resulting in all kinds of death and destruction?

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: ProdigalOne] #176358
08/26/15 08:45 PM
08/26/15 08:45 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I have seen you post the generalization: "I find those who accuse others of strawman, are generally dishonest." before.
Can you show support for that statement?

(Or is this supporting evidence for mine?)
wink

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176369
08/27/15 04:06 PM
08/27/15 04:06 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: Again, Revelation 14:9-12 is too plain to misconstrue.

K: Rev 14 does not talk about Saul. The point is that if you have difficulty stating who killed Saul, how can you be clear on anything else?

1 Chronicles
10:4 Then said Saul to his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. So Saul took a sword, and fell upon it.
10:5 And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise on the sword, and died.
10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, [even] against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking [counsel] of [one that had] a familiar spirit, to inquire [of it];
10:14 And inquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.

If Iran were to be allowed to use centrifuges for producing nuclear bombs and missiles, would you say they would be making use of the same destructive power as Japan did by failing to have a backup plan for their nuclear reactors resulting in all kinds of death and destruction?

Staying on topic. Jesus chose not to intervene and prevent the fallout at Fukushima. Nothing happens without Jesus' permission. King Saul died because Jesus chose not to intervene and prevent it. The man-made and natural disasters commonly blamed on Global Warming is the result of Jesus choosing not to intervene and prevent them.

The Third Angel's Message describes the results of Jesus choosing to rain down fire from above and to raise up fire from below. Nature is not self-acting. Jesus cannot simply withdraw and allow nature to work destruction of its own accord or volition. Nature would cease to work if Jesus ceased to employ it. Fire would not burn or exist if Jesus ceased to employ it. Nature works because Jesus works it.

I realize you believe Jesus need only withdraw His protection and the forces of nature would naturally unleash its pent up power and wreak indiscriminate death and destruction. But the Bible and the SOP clearly say something very different. Listen:

Quote:
The bowels of the earth were the Lord's arsenal, from which he drew forth the weapons he employed in the destruction of the old world. Waters in the bowels of the earth gushed forth, and united with the waters from Heaven, to accomplish the work of destruction. Since the flood, God has used both water and fire in the earth as his agents to destroy wicked cities. {3SG 82.2}

As he called forth the waters in the earth at the time of the flood, as weapons from his arsenal to accomplish the destruction of the antediluvian race, so at the end of the one thousand years he will call forth the fires in the earth as his weapons which he has reserved for the final destruction, not only of successive generations since the flood, but the antediluvian race who perished by the flood. {3SG 87.1}

God is constantly employed in upholding and using as His servants the things that He has made. He works through the laws of nature, using them as His instruments. They are not self-acting. Nature in her work testifies of the intelligent presence and active agency of a Being who moves in all things according to His will. {MH 416.1}

It is not by inherent power that year by year the earth yields its bounties and continues its march around the sun. The hand of the Infinite One is perpetually at work guiding this planet. It is God's power continually exercised that keeps the earth in position in its rotation. It is God who causes the sun to rise in the heavens. He opens the windows of heaven and gives rain. {MH 416.2}

It is by His power that vegetation is caused to flourish, that every leaf appears, every flower blooms, every fruit develops. {MH 416.3}

Many teach that matter possesses vital power. They hold that certain properties are imparted to matter, and it is then left to act through its own inherent power; and that the operations of nature are carried on in harmony with fixed laws, that God himself cannot interfere with. This is false science, and is sustained by nothing in the word of God. Nature is not self-acting; she is the servant of her Creator. God does not annul his laws nor work contrary to them; but he is continually using them as his instruments. Nature testifies of an intelligence, a presence, an active agency, that works in, and through, and above her laws. There is in nature the continual working of the Father and the Son. Said Christ, "My Father worketh hitherto, and I work." {ST, March 20, 1884 par. 5}

God has finished his creative work, but his energy is still exerted in upholding the objects of his creation. It is not because the mechanism that has once been set in motion continues its work by its own inherent energy that the pulse beats and breath follows breath; but every breath, every pulsation of the heart, is an evidence of the all-pervading care of Him in whom we live and have our being. It is not because of inherent power that year by year the earth produces her bounties and continues her motion around the sun. The hand of God guides the planets, and keeps them in position in their orderly march through the heavens. It is through his power that vegetation flourishes, that the leaves appear and the flowers bloom. His word controls the elements, and by him the valleys are made fruitful. He covers the heavens with clouds, and prepares rain for the earth; he "maketh grass to grow upon the mountains." "He giveth snow like wool; he scattereth the hoar frost like ashes." "When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures." {ST, March 20, 1884 par. 6}

No one can read the above testimonies and conclude nature is self-acting, that Jesus need only withdraw and permit nature to wreak havoc of its own accord and volition.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #176373
08/27/15 08:37 PM
08/27/15 08:37 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
M: Again, Revelation 14:9-12 is too plain to misconstrue.

K: Rev 14 does not talk about Saul. The point is that if you have difficulty stating who killed Saul, how can you be clear on anything else?

1 Chronicles
10:4 Then said Saul to his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. So Saul took a sword, and fell upon it.
10:5 And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise on the sword, and died.
10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, [even] against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking [counsel] of [one that had] a familiar spirit, to inquire [of it];
10:14 And inquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.

(Noted you did not state yourself who killed Saul.)

Quote:
I realize you believe Jesus need only withdraw His protection and the forces of nature would naturally unleash its pent up power and wreak indiscriminate death and destruction.
You suggest that I think nature is an intelligent being. I'm wondering if you understand entropy.

Quote:

Staying on topic. Jesus chose not to intervene and prevent the fallout at Fukushima. Nothing happens without Jesus' permission. King Saul died because Jesus chose not to intervene and prevent it. The man-made and natural disasters commonly blamed on Global Warming is the result of Jesus choosing not to intervene and prevent them.

The Third Angel's Message describes the results of Jesus choosing to rain down fire from above and to raise up fire from below. Nature is not self-acting.
Well, right now I was talking about Iranians. Do you think they are self-acting to the limits Jesus permits? If so, then

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176375
08/27/15 09:13 PM
08/27/15 09:13 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
I have seen you post the generalization: "I find those who accuse others of strawman, are generally dishonest." before.
Can you show support for that statement?

(Or is this supporting evidence for mine?)
wink

I did not think this statement required support. I read the same post almost word for word several weeks ago and assumed that you were merely repeating yourself. Since, it might require days of searching to find the quote (I do not recall what thread it was in), it is possible that someone else said it. If this is the case, I apologize for my misstatement.

I do find it odd that you used the same phrase as another member? Perhaps, it is just a coincidence? Then again generalizations are contagious. I do stand by my point that such generalizations lead to prejudice and bigotry.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176379
08/28/15 02:51 AM
08/28/15 02:51 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
(Noted you did not state yourself who killed Saul.)

It is too obvious in the passage I quoted to require human commentary or interpretation. King Saul killed himself because Jesus did not intervene to prevent it.

Quote:
M: I realize you believe Jesus need only withdraw His protection and the forces of nature would naturally unleash its pent up power and wreak indiscriminate death and destruction.

K: You suggest that I think nature is an intelligent being. I'm wondering if you understand entropy.

The laws of thermal dynamics are not self-acting. They work because Jesus employs them.

Quote:
M: Staying on topic. Jesus chose not to intervene and prevent the fallout at Fukushima. Nothing happens without Jesus' permission. King Saul died because Jesus chose not to intervene and prevent it. The man-made and natural disasters commonly blamed on Global Warming is the result of Jesus choosing not to intervene and prevent them. The Third Angel's Message describes the results of Jesus choosing to rain down fire from above and to raise up fire from below. Nature is not self-acting.

K: Well, right now I was talking about Iranians. Do you think they are self-acting to the limits Jesus permits? If so, then If Iran were to be allowed to use centrifuges for producing nuclear bombs and missiles, would you say they would be making use of the same destructive power as Japan did by failing to have a backup plan for their nuclear reactors resulting in all kinds of death and destruction?

You can name anyone or anything - the answer is the same, namely, nothing happens without Jesus' permission. Jesus can intervene at any time and prevent anything from happening. Fukushima happened because Jesus chose not to intervene and prevent it. This answer applies to everything that has ever happened in the history of the world. Nature is not self-acting. Jesus cannot just sit back and allow the laws of nature to play out of its own accord or volition. Nature would cease to work if Jesus chose not to employ it. It sounds like you disagree with this truth. It seems like you believe nature is self-acting, that Jesus need only stand back and allow it to act of its own accord or volition (and that in so doing He is somehow less culpable or not responsible at all).

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176385
08/28/15 09:50 AM
08/28/15 09:50 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Mountain Man said:

"It is too obvious in the passage I quoted to require human commentary or interpretation. King Saul killed himself because Jesus did not intervene to prevent it. "

Mountain Man, what is your view of free will.  Was humanity created in God's image in that we were given free will?   

If Saul's choice was suicide, God could only have interceded by rescinding the gift of free will.  In effect, this would have made Saul into a mere marionette.  The love and worship of a marionette would be vain and less than worthless.

Is that a choice God could or would have been able to make without besmirching His own character?

What are your thoughts?

Page 33 of 53 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 52 53

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!