HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Kevin H), 3,380 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Mountain Man] #176743
09/09/15 12:10 PM
09/09/15 12:10 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Knowledge is progressive. Those that have locked themselves into an ivory tower and thrown away the key are prisoners, not free. They are not children of light.

I cannot go my entire life wondering if what I believe is true or false. Yes, the journey to the truth as it is in Jesus is progressive. But eventually we reach a point where the truth sets us free. I have reached that point. I am absolutely certain, beyond doubt, what I believe is true. I am free. As I continue to read and study the Word of God I discover new and fresh reasons to thank God for the truth that sets me free and keeps me free. The fundamental beliefs are biblical, and biblically sound.

Amen, Mountain Man!

I would add that any new "progressive" revelations of Truth will never contradict the Light we have already been given. Jesus brought us revelations of the New Covenant, but He never contradicted the Old Covenant.

"Think not that I have come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." Matthew 5:17

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Elle] #176744
09/09/15 12:36 PM
09/09/15 12:36 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
The attitudes of certain members of this forum strongly remind me of something called "The One Project", a series of seminars intended to "reform" the SDA Church.

The "progressive truth" taught in these, so called, Christ centered SDA Seminars
minimizes and openly mocks our distinctive teachings. It is interesting that such a blatantly anti Adventist movement is not rebuked or disciplined by Church leadership. In fact it is being increasingly embraced...

If there is no thread on this topic I may start one. This is something we should all be aware of!

Here is the link to a Church member's first encounter with The One Project at a two day seminar:

http://advindicate.com/articles/2014/3/4/one-project-present-or-emergent-truth

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: ProdigalOne] #176745
09/09/15 03:28 PM
09/09/15 03:28 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
"...with ProdigalOne, going further in demanding the heads of all who say nay, trying desperately to co-op Admin into carrying out his wishes." Strange... I don't recall saying any of the above? Would anyone care to find the post in which I, "demanding the heads of all who say nay"? If such a post cannot be found, then it would appear to be a lie, deliberately perpetrated by a member of this forum with the express purpose of damaging the reputation of a fellow member.

The same member spreading this lie has also deliberately lied, either in his application and profile, by claiming not to be an SDA member, or in a thread wherein he claimed in fact to be an SDA member: both claims cannot be true. The last time I checked, "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." was still Commandment number nine. Perhaps, obedience of The Ten Commandments is a Fundamental Belief that the "progressive truth" espoused by an increasing number of members, reject? Interpretive disagreement is acceptable. Outright, commandment breaking on membership applications and on forum threads is another matter! By the way, no one, including myself, is, "trying desperately to co-op Admin into carrying out our wishes." I have no doubt that Daryl is well aware of all activity on the threads; he has years of experience in these matters and I respect his judgement.

According to Matthew 23, Jesus said ...
  • [The Scribes and Pharisees] love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men: Rabbi, Rabbi. But you, do not be called: Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
  • But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.
  • Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.
  • Woe to you, blind guides, who say, Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it. Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies the gold? And, Whoever swears by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gift that is on it, he is obliged to perform it. Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? Therefore he who swears by the altar, swears by it and by all things on it. He who swears by the temple, swears by it and by Him who dwells in it. And he who swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God and by Him who sits on it.
  • Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
  • Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.
  • Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness. Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
  • Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, and say, If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
  • Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers’ guilt. Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.
It is no wonder then that a few Pharisees colluded with Admin to throw him over the cliff, saying, "A number of members are simply hoping that the Commandment breaking member will either repent, or do the honorable thing and resign from the site." History just keeps on repeating itself over and over again.

///

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: ProdigalOne] #176748
09/09/15 04:38 PM
09/09/15 04:38 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Amen, Mountain Man! I would add that any new "progressive" revelations of Truth will never contradict the Light we have already been given. Jesus brought us revelations of the New Covenant, but He never contradicted the Old Covenant. "Think not that I have come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." Matthew 5:17

That's not true. Jesus "contradicted" the Old Covenant, and for that he was banned from their website. See Mark 14 and 15.

At his trial, they remembered his posts. They said, "We heard Him say, 'I will destroy this temple made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.'" The Temple was, to the Old Covenant, THE House of God, for which even Jesus himself was filled with fervent zeal. But he told them that a change was coming, about which they disdainfully mocked him as he hung humiliated on the cross, saying, "You who destroy the temple and build it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross."

History just keeps on repeating itself, over and over again.

///

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: ProdigalOne] #176749
09/09/15 04:50 PM
09/09/15 04:50 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
The attitudes of certain members of this forum strongly remind me of something called "The One Project", a series of seminars intended to "reform" the SDA Church. The "progressive truth" taught in these, so called, Christ centered SDA Seminars minimizes and openly mocks our distinctive teachings. It is interesting that such a blatantly anti Adventist movement is not rebuked or disciplined by Church leadership. In fact it is being increasingly embraced...

If there is no thread on this topic I may start one. This is something we should all be aware of! The link to a Church member's first encounter with The One Project at a two day seminar is here.

Thank you, ProdigalOne for the link. It was quite interesting. I myself have always wanted to attend one of their seminars, but never had the opportunity. I hope you can provide another perspective from a more sympathetic attendee so together, we can build a more complete, balanced and just picture of what really transpired. After all, we don't want to "bear false witness against our neighbour" now, do we? And again, as it is written, "Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses" (Heb. 10:28). As always, kind regards.

///

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Elle] #176751
09/09/15 05:35 PM
09/09/15 05:35 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, it looks as though Admin is not going to restrict your participation here. You are free to claim to be SDA and to blatantly bash fundamental SDA beliefs. I view your beliefs as offensive and objectionable. I lament the fact Admin is willing to allow you to participate here without restriction. This is supposed to be a safe haven for SDA to discuss fundamental beliefs.

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Mountain Man] #176761
09/09/15 11:32 PM
09/09/15 11:32 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: kland
However, members and leaders who reject fundamental SDA beliefs and actively work to persuade other SDA to join them should be disciplined subject to disfellowshipment.
Continuing, by whom?
By whom are you personally urging separation?

I don't understand your questions. Please rephrase them. Thank you.
You aren't personally hurting someone, but you are urging someone else to? If you are urging, whether technically by your personal self or urging someone else to do it, does that meet what James was talking about?

Reading behind the lines, I suspect you've been on "a preceding" where someone was "disciplined". Am I wrong?

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Mountain Man] #176762
09/09/15 11:36 PM
09/09/15 11:36 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
to discuss fundamental beliefs.
Again, referenced before, according to your interpretation and adding to them?

But why are you against James. Isn't Jesus in control, James is not doing it without Jesus permitting him to, to work out for good? Does James even have a choice in the matter?

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: James Peterson] #176767
09/10/15 12:18 AM
09/10/15 12:18 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
James Peterson wrote;

"That's not true. Jesus "contradicted" the Old Covenant, and for that he was banned from their website. See Mark 14 and 15. "

Jesus never contradicted the Bible in any event in His life. Jesus did teach contrary to the beliefs of the Jewish leaders of His day though.

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: kland] #176768
09/10/15 12:29 AM
09/10/15 12:29 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: kland
to discuss fundamental beliefs.
Again, referenced before, according to your interpretation and adding to them?

But why are you against James. Isn't Jesus in control, James is not doing it without Jesus permitting him to, to work out for good? Does James even have a choice in the matter?

Mountain Man correct that we as Seventh-day Adventists have the right to defend our lifestyle and way of believing and practicing our faith.

My concern is that James Peterson's posts show him to be a NON-SDA. So, we shouldn't expect him to believe as we do. So, as long as James Peterson is honest about being a NON-SDA and the Admin here aren't concerned enough about what James says, then we need to accept this is what to expect in the Active Public Forums here.

Personally, I have never noticed James Peterson to agree with Seventh-day Adventists on much at all. And this being an Active Public Forum, I am not troubled about what James says here up to this point.

Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!