HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: A Super Jubilee [Re: kland] #177841
11/07/15 08:01 PM
11/07/15 08:01 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Kland, in the last few weeks I've learned some interesting things about how the pioneers arrived at Oct 44, 1844. This was one of the reasons for revising my book. For example, it appears that Leroy Froom mistakenly assumed that the Ballenger brothers were correct on the roll of Karaite reckoning among the Millerites without carefully doing his own research. If Froom had checked carefully he would have found that the pioneers used the ancient Jewish reckoning that followed the first new moon after the equinox rule and this was the main basis for their calculation.

The proposition I'm putting out here is that 2015 is a divinely appointed time - the 70th Jubilee. It's a time of spiritual Liberty. The focus of this, if it's of God, will be that Christ is lifted up as the lamb of God that washes us and liberates us from our sin. If it is time excitement, I agree, it's clearly not of God. If it is "THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS" it is.

Re: A Super Jubilee [Re: Charity] #177913
11/10/15 06:51 AM
11/10/15 06:51 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
...it appears that Leroy Froom mistakenly assumed that the Ballenger brothers were correct on the roll of Karaite reckoning among the Millerites without carefully doing his own research. If Froom had checked carefully he would have found that the pioneers used the ancient Jewish reckoning that followed the first new moon after the equinox rule and this was the main basis for their calculation.

The proposition I'm putting out here is that 2015 is a divinely appointed time - the 70th Jubilee. It's a time of spiritual Liberty. The focus of this, if it's of God, will be that Christ is lifted up as the lamb of God that washes us and liberates us from our sin. If it is time excitement, I agree, it's clearly not of God. If it is "THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS" it is.

(This is going to hurt a little at first but it could save your soul)

I wish I could show you what you just did, but you don't seem in the right frame of mind to hear lately so you need to be awakened. In the name of the Lord you need to check yourself BROTHER. You just stepped WAYYYY over your boundaries and you are teaching lies direct from Satan. And you are selling a book of this garbage? Destroy it now.

I cannot believe some of the things that have come out of your mind since you started writing that book without God guiding you.

Just to prove the point, which YOU should have done in your fact checking...

Since you know so much about the movement, was James White wrong by saying this?

"(some) “who took an active part in the seventh-month cry have since pronounced the movement the work of the Devil.” See: Geo. Storrs, “Confession,” The Midnight Cry, Nov. 14, 1844, p. 157; [James White], “Brother Miller’s Dream,” Present Truth, May 1850, p. 74.

No, James couldn't be a pioneer could he?

How about Uriah Smith?

"The prophecy declared that at the end of the 2300 days the sanctuary should be cleansed; and as in the type the sanctuary was cleansed on the tenth day of the seventh month of the Jewish year, that point in the autumn of 1844 was accordingly fixed upon for the termination of the 2300 years. It fell on the 22nd of October. Between the mid-summer of 1844, when the light on these subjects was first seen, and the day and month above named when the 2300 years terminated, perhaps no movement ever exhibited greater activity than this respecting the soon coming of Christ, and in no cause was ever more accomplished in so short a space of time. A religious wave swept over this country, and the nation was stirred as no people have been stirred since the opening of the great Reformation of the sixteenth century. This was called the “seventh-month movement,” and was more particularly confined to the United States and Canada. {DAR1909 639.3}

But that book isn't inspired directly by God is it? (Sarcasm)

"It was later in this period that eyes turned to October 22, which, according to the Karaite reckoning, would be the exact time for the fulfillment of the prophecy of Daniel 8:14. It came about this way: {1BIO 50.5}

So you say Willie White was not a Pioneer? Was he not privileged to hear EVERYTHING from his mother and father?

Oh but I think the wife of James White said something about the Holy Spirit during that time, gee was she lying too?

***** STAFF EDIT *****

Last edited by Daryl; 11/10/15 08:43 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate content.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: A Super Jubilee [Re: Charity] #177914
11/10/15 07:04 AM
11/10/15 07:04 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
This is the problem of letting Google do your research brother Mark, you didn't know what search query to type in to find the information you were looking for. It took all of two seconds after God inspired me to challenge you for Him to tell me to look up the words "seventh Month". ***** STAFF EDIT *****

This is from Christ in His sanctuary, but I could have quoted a dozen verses to prove you were not inspired in what you wrote above and the garbage you are feeding others on Amazon.

"These types were fulfilled, not only as to the event, but as to the time. On the fourteenth day of the first Jewish month, the very day and month on which for fifteen long centuries the Passover lamb had been slain, Christ, having eaten the Passover with His disciples, instituted that feast which was to commemorate His own death as “the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” John 1:29 That same night He was taken by wicked hands to be crucified and slain. And as the antitype of the wave sheaf our Lord was raised from the dead on the third day, “the first fruits of them that slept,” 1 Corinthians 15:20 a sample of all the resurrected just, whose “vile body” shall be changed, and “fashioned like unto His glorious body.” Philippians 3:21. {CIHS 83.1}
In like manner the types which relate to the second advent must be fulfilled at the time pointed out in the symbolic service. Under the Mosaic system the cleansing of the sanctuary, or the great Day of Atonement, occurred on the tenth day of the seventh Jewish month (Leviticus 16:29-34), when the high priest, having made an atonement for all Israel, and thus removed their sins from the sanctuary, came forth and blessed the people. So it was believed that Christ, our great High Priest, would appear to purify the earth by the destruction of sin and sinners, and to bless His waiting people with immortality. The tenth day of the seventh month, the great Day of Atonement, the time of the cleansing of the sanctuary, which in the year 1844 fell upon the twenty-second of October, was regarded as the time of the Lord’s coming. This was in harmony with the proofs already presented that the 2300 days would terminate in the autumn, and the conclusion seemed irresistible.... {CIHS 83.2}
Carefully and solemnly those who received the message came up to the time when they hoped to meet their Lord. Every morning they felt that it was their first duty to secure the evidence of their acceptance with God. Their hearts were closely united, and they prayed much with and for one another. They often met together in secluded places to commune with God, and the voice of intercession ascended to heaven from the fields and groves. The assurance of the Saviour’s approval was more necessary to them than their daily food; and if a cloud darkened their minds, they did not rest until it was swept away. As they felt the witness of pardoning grace, they longed to behold Him whom their souls loved. {CIHS 83.3}

***** STAFF EDIT *****

Last edited by Daryl; 11/10/15 08:44 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate portions.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: A Super Jubilee [Re: Charity] #177950
11/11/15 05:24 PM
11/11/15 05:24 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
James I agree with Oct 22, 1844. I'm saying the Ballenger brothers didn't do their research well when they concluded that the Millerites based that date on Karaite reckoning and Froom mistakenly assumed that they were correct without checking. Here's a Google Drive link to a newsletter that contains a good article starting at page 29 on how the Millerites settled on Oct 22, which is the correct date.

The "Newsletter" containing the article is by a feast keeper, Brendan Valiant. He's a good bible student but we differ on some basic points such as feast keeping. I respect those who keep the feasts but don't do it myself.

I'm glad you brought up the issue of sources because I didn't cite any above.

Re: A Super Jubilee [Re: Charity] #177963
11/11/15 08:40 PM
11/11/15 08:40 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
James I agree with Oct 22, 1844. I'm saying the Ballenger brothers didn't do their research well when they concluded that the Millerites based that date on Karaite reckoning and Froom mistakenly assumed that they were correct without checking. Here's a Google Drive link to a newsletter that contains a good article starting at page 29 on how the Millerites settled on Oct 22, which is the correct date.

The "Newsletter" containing the article is by a feast keeper, Brendan Valiant. He's a good bible student but we differ on some basic points such as feast keeping. I respect those who keep the feasts but don't do it myself.

I'm glad you brought up the issue of sources because I didn't cite any above.

Your words were that "Froom MISTAKENLY assumed" that does not sound supportive.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!