HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
The 'Time of Trouble', how long? #177827
11/07/15 08:55 AM
11/07/15 08:55 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I was checking some facts on some sites and came across this ...'Following the close of probation will be a "time of trouble," a brief but intense period of time immediately preceding the second coming of Jesus Christ. Adventists have traditionally believed that the Roman Catholic Church will return to prominence during the end times, fulfilling the prophecy of the first beast of Revelation 13'.... but the graph they gave showed it as centuries instead of a short time.
Seventh-day Adventist eschatology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In my thinking its a very short time in terms of weeks or months, in which the righteous are sealed and the Holy Spirit is withdrawn and the wicked no longer drawn from sin, then Christ comes....

Re: The 'Time of Trouble', how long? [Re: Rick H] #177848
11/08/15 03:10 AM
11/08/15 03:10 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
I think that whoever wrote that Wikipedia article, mixed up two different understandings of Revelation 13.

Adventists generally believe the 42 months noted in Rev. 13, were the 1260 years of Roman Catholic rule prior to the wound, and ended in 1798.
Once the wound heals it will be a short (undefined) time.

Many Christians believe the 42 months are literal and that they relate to the last day tribulation. Of course telling someone with that belief that they are 1260 years would be confusing.

Re: The 'Time of Trouble', how long? [Re: Rick H] #177887
11/09/15 05:42 PM
11/09/15 05:42 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Wikipedia should not be relied upon as a definitive source of information.
There are too many biased contributors with their hands in the cookie jar.

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: The 'Time of Trouble', how long? [Re: Rick H] #177991
11/12/15 10:34 AM
11/12/15 10:34 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Then the Catholics bid the Protestants to go forward, and issue a decree that all who will not observe the first day of the week, instead of the seventh day, shall be slain. And the Catholics, whose numbers are large, will stand by the Protestants. The Catholics will give their power to the image of the beast. And the Protestants will work as their mother worked before them to destroy the saints. But before their decree bring or bear fruit, the saints will be delivered by the Voice of God. Then I saw that Jesus’ work in the sanctuary will soon be finished. And after His work there is finished, He will come to the door of the first apartment, and confess the sins of Israel upon the head of the Scape Goat. Then He will put on the garments of vengeance. Then the plagues will come upon the wicked, and they do not come till Jesus puts on that garment, and takes His place upon the great white cloud. Then while the plagues are falling, the Scape Goat is being led away. He makes a mighty struggle to escape, but he is held fast by the hand that leads him. If he should effect his escape, Israel would lose their lives. I saw that it would take time to lead away the Scape Goat into the land of forgetfulness after the sins were put on his head. {SpM 2.1} (bold emphasis mine)

About four months since, I had a vision of events, all in the future. And I saw the time of trouble, such as never was,—Jesus told me it was the time of Jacob’s trouble, and that we should be delivered out of it by the voice of God. Just before we entered it, we all received the seal of the living God. Then I saw the four Angels cease to hold the four winds. And I saw famine, pestilence and sword, nation rose against nation, and the whole world was in confusion. Then we cried to God for deliverance day and night till we began to hear the bells on Jesus’ garment. And I saw Jesus rise up in the Holiest, and as he came out we heard the tinkling of bells, and knew our High Priest was coming out. Then we heard the voice of God which shook the heavens and earth, and gave the 144,000 the day and hour of Jesus’ coming. Then the saints were free, united and full of the glory of God, for he had turned their captivity. And I saw a flaming cloud come where Jesus stood and he laid off his priestly garment and put on his kingly robe, took his place on the cloud which carried him to the east where it first appeared to the saints on earth, a small black cloud, which was the sign of the Son of Man. While the cloud was passing from the Holiest to the east which took a number of days, the Synagogue of Satan worshiped at the saints feet. {DS March 14, 1846, par. 2}

We know this much time will pass during Jacob's Time of Trouble and during the seven last plagues.

Re: The 'Time of Trouble', how long? [Re: Alchemy] #177992
11/12/15 10:55 AM
11/12/15 10:55 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
Then the Catholics bid the Protestants to go forward, and issue a decree that all who will not observe the first day of the week, instead of the seventh day, shall be slain. And the Catholics, whose numbers are large, will stand by the Protestants. The Catholics will give their power to the image of the beast. And the Protestants will work as their mother worked before them to destroy the saints. But before their decree bring or bear fruit, the saints will be delivered by the Voice of God. Then I saw that Jesus’ work in the sanctuary will soon be finished. And after His work there is finished, He will come to the door of the first apartment, and confess the sins of Israel upon the head of the Scape Goat. Then He will put on the garments of vengeance. Then the plagues will come upon the wicked, and they do not come till Jesus puts on that garment, and takes His place upon the great white cloud. Then while the plagues are falling, the Scape Goat is being led away. He makes a mighty struggle to escape, but he is held fast by the hand that leads him. If he should effect his escape, Israel would lose their lives. I saw that it would take time to lead away the Scape Goat into the land of forgetfulness after the sins were put on his head. {SpM 2.1} (bold emphasis mine)

About four months since, I had a vision of events, all in the future. And I saw the time of trouble, such as never was,—Jesus told me it was the time of Jacob’s trouble, and that we should be delivered out of it by the voice of God. Just before we entered it, we all received the seal of the living God. Then I saw the four Angels cease to hold the four winds. And I saw famine, pestilence and sword, nation rose against nation, and the whole world was in confusion. Then we cried to God for deliverance day and night till we began to hear the bells on Jesus’ garment. And I saw Jesus rise up in the Holiest, and as he came out we heard the tinkling of bells, and knew our High Priest was coming out. Then we heard the voice of God which shook the heavens and earth, and gave the 144,000 the day and hour of Jesus’ coming. Then the saints were free, united and full of the glory of God, for he had turned their captivity. And I saw a flaming cloud come where Jesus stood and he laid off his priestly garment and put on his kingly robe, took his place on the cloud which carried him to the east where it first appeared to the saints on earth, a small black cloud, which was the sign of the Son of Man. While the cloud was passing from the Holiest to the east which took a number of days, the Synagogue of Satan worshiped at the saints feet. {DS March 14, 1846, par. 2}

We know this much time will pass during Jacob's Time of Trouble and during the seven last plagues.

I have always felt it would take much like the time during the plagues of Egypt, more of a matter of weeks/months. But many Adventist oppose that view, I don't know why. Anyone have SOP that may shed more light?

Re: The 'Time of Trouble', how long? [Re: Rick H] #177996
11/12/15 11:05 AM
11/12/15 11:05 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Rick H wrote;

"I have always felt it would take much like the time during the plagues of Egypt, more of a matter of weeks/months. But many Adventist oppose that view, I don't know why. Anyone have SOP that may shed more light?"

Intersting point! I had never thought of that idea. And there were ten plagues in Egypt! But, we know none of these seven last plagues are shared by God's people.

As far as why SDA's reject your idea? I don't have idea why. I just never thought about it. But, I will pray about it now.

So far as I know now, Sister White doesn't give any definite times. Just like the two statements I shared, she uses terms like "take time" or "number of days".

Re: The 'Time of Trouble', how long? [Re: Rick H] #178006
11/12/15 11:09 PM
11/12/15 11:09 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Could there be two applications of the 1260? Such as 40 years for 40 days?

Re: The 'Time of Trouble', how long? [Re: Alchemy] #178038
11/14/15 11:36 AM
11/14/15 11:36 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Rick H wrote;

"I have always felt it would take much like the time during the plagues of Egypt, more of a matter of weeks/months. But many Adventist oppose that view, I don't know why. Anyone have SOP that may shed more light?"

Intersting point! I had never thought of that idea. And there were ten plagues in Egypt! But, we know none of these seven last plagues are shared by God's people.

As far as why SDA's reject your idea? I don't have idea why. I just never thought about it. But, I will pray about it now.

So far as I know now, Sister White doesn't give any definite times. Just like the two statements I shared, she uses terms like "take time" or "number of days".

Like the children of Israel, we wont be hit with the plagues as long as we stay under the protection of the Lord. But I see no need for the plagues to go on for more than a few days or weeks, to say nothing of months or years...

Re: The 'Time of Trouble', how long? [Re: Rick H] #178087
11/15/15 08:21 AM
11/15/15 08:21 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Rick H
Rick H wrote;

Like the children of Israel, we wont be hit with the plagues as long as we stay under the protection of the Lord. But I see no need for the plagues to go on for more than a few days or weeks, to say nothing of months or years...

I think you make an interesting point!

Satan is bound. The ten horns need to burn the harlot. There really isn't a lot left to take place at that point and events are supposed to be rapid ones.

I still think it could take some months at most. Really just a feeling more than anything.

Re: The 'Time of Trouble', how long? [Re: Rick H] #178088
11/15/15 08:51 AM
11/15/15 08:51 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

Would Revelation 18 be applicable to the duration of the Time of Trouble?
If the day/year principle fits here, the seven last plagues should last for one year.

"Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong [is] the Lord God who judgeth her." Revelation 18:8

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!