HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,621
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 11
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,460 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ellen White's stern rebukes. #177985
11/12/15 04:13 AM
11/12/15 04:13 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline OP
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
So many people on this website think I could not possibly be led by God BECAUSE I have to get stern with those who are here to be a hindrance to the SDA message and cause. I plead with people in love, but when they prove their intent to ridicule and conflict I am prompted by God to rebuke and chasten. To most timid SDA's this seems unchristian. But if they only knew. Have any of you read the new releases from Mrs White? You wouldn't think so strongly that I am of a different Spirit than her if you did. This is a quote from Adventist Review online.

http://www.adventistreview.org/church-ne...-to-be-released

Quote:
A collection of letters and manuscripts of Seventh-day Adventist Church cofounder Ellen G. White is being released on the Ellen G. White Estate website on Thursday, the 100th anniversary of her death.

The collection, previously only available to researchers at White research centers, contains about 50,000 pages of materials dating from 1845 to the months before White’s death on July 16, 1915.

The materials, which are not expected to contain any surprises, were not made widely available earlier because many are of a personal nature and make reference, sometimes in strong terms, to individuals by name, said James R. Nix, director of the White Estate.

But those people and their close relatives are no longer alive today, prompting the White Estate to decide in 2013 that the value of the materials outweigh those sensitivities and to release them during centennial commemorations of White’s life and ministry.

You have no idea how passionately God impresses me to get the message out on every subject I have written here. But you all thought to gang up on me like I am different from her. If Mrs White was here and read most of the garbage people post here, in the name of Christ she would be condemning the same people God has impressed me to warn.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Ellen White's stern rebukes. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #178120
11/16/15 01:37 AM
11/16/15 01:37 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
JSOT,

You think you are a true prophet of God? If you wish to deceive yourself on the matter, it is your own soul at stake, and I urge you to "work out your salvation with fear and trembling," as the Bible says. You aren't deceiving anyone else here on the forum.

Here are some of the "tests" of a true prophet which you have already failed here.

1) The character test: "By their fruits ye shall know them." Your fruits are not those of a prophet of God. God's prophets focus on the message. None of them ran around telling people they were prophets. Furthermore, if they offered a rebuke, they did so as did Christ, "with tears in his voice." You offer no such rebukes. Your "rebukes" are pure criticisms, denunciations, and shame. I would not call them rebukes. I would call them scornful accusations. Remember who is the "accuser of the brethren" JSOT? And remember what Psalm 1 says about "sitting in the seat of the scornful?"

2) You contradict yourself. You say "I plead with people in love" but you damn them to hell with your words in heaping shame upon them. Many of those unChristlike criticisms you shower upon others here must be edited out by staff edit, for we desire this to be a Christian forum in which people are able to discuss things in a genuinely Christlike manner.

3) You are not like Jesus. Jesus uttered woes upon certain ones, like the scribes and Pharisees, but with tears in His voice. He never once cast shame upon people, saying something like "shame on you!" or "you should be ashamed of yourselves!" Satan is the accuser of the brethren, not Jesus. Not Jesus.

You seem to enjoy calling people names. Here are some of those which you've thrown around as if you relish doing so: minions, foolish men, "sent directly by the devil," etc., to name only a few from what you've posted in the last month.

4) You claim to know more than Jesus, according to what the Bible attests. Look at the following from one of your recent posts:

Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Good luck with that one. Oh by the way, I forgot to tell you. God is judging you right this second. Your heart is hardened and you will never see the kingdom.

This proves you cannot be a true prophet, because it conflicts with Matthew 24 and Luke 17. Jesus said no man would know that day and hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor Jesus himself (see Mark 13:32). Therefore, you have failed the test of a prophet which says "if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Furthermore, when did Jesus ever take delight in consigning someone to hell, as this statement of yours essentially does? Never. Yet you appear to have delighted in making this "jab."

JSOT, I urge you to make true confession before God of your sins, including of your love of strife and debate, your scorning, and your ridiculing of others. Your own case hangs in the balances, and you may be found wanting. There is no room in heaven for accusers of the brethren. That is Satan's stamp of character, not the stamp which God's people are to have.

Remember how Jesus taught His followers to handle persecution? Give the other cheek. That is still to be the method His disciples must follow today. If people don't accept truth, if they ridicule you and mock you, answer them not. Let them make their slap on your other cheek too. Let no one hear you denouncing them with such shameful, unChristlike name-calling as would justify them for having criticized you. The only way to win people to Jesus is by love. As the old saying goes, "they will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

PS -- The quote from JSOT included above does not appear in any of his posts here, for it was removed by staff edit. I will not here identify from which post it was removed, lest in doing so the one to whom it was directed should become aware of the offense, but I will say it was within the past week. -- GC.

Last edited by Green Cochoa; 11/16/15 04:25 AM. Reason: Added PS

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Ellen White's stern rebukes. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #178240
11/18/15 02:19 PM
11/18/15 02:19 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
So you can imply that I'm a false prophet when I've never claimed to be a prophet? And YOU are doing what you accuse me of "including of your love of strife and debate, your scorning, and your ridiculing." From thew beginning I came in love, and you attack.

I could point to a dozen quotes from you, scorning me for contradicting you. How many times have you launched into debate with me from posting here? I posted this here, and you come at me and say I'm coming at you? That is the definition of hypocrisy.

I fight to prove what God showed me. How in what I what I posted here could you make any accusations against me? did the "prophecy" fail above? If you look at the record I stated these same things years ago and now they have fully come to fruition.

Could anyone of you here have guessed that Pope Francis (eighth king) would be as advanced in the end time game as he is? All I've got from you is debate yet that's what you accuse me of? EVERY TIME I POST HERE you have attacked me and just because you disagree with me you feel empowered to hurt me.

*****STAFF EDIT*****

I was told to look for the coming of the eighth king, and he is here, and everything God has shown me is being fulfilled and you mock like it's your duty. That is on your head and you refuse to repent. What do I have to repent of? Offending you? That is my privilege because you are not who you think you are. So go ahead and condemn me.

I see you had to edit your words for how strongly you condemned me eh? When Pope Benedict XVI dies and this world is thrown into chaos, and you realize you fought against someone sent to warn you of your false teaching, you will have no one else to blame but yourself.

If I am a false prophet as you claim I am, then the Seventh Day Adventist church is not the true church of the remnant. Because as you may have forgotten that was the first thing God showed me was the Sabbath and SDA church without anyone teaching me. I was raised a Catholic head banger growing up in the hells angels/ el forsteros (My dad was one of the founders)

Only by fasting and prayer and reading scripture for seven days did God lead me here. No one else taught me and I have a thousand witnesses to this, because I tell everyone I meet since 1995. (I can prove it)

So was this a false prophecy?

You forget yourself sir. Now you will suffer the consequences for trying to hurt me. I gave the the opportunity to repent yourself but you still try to hurt me. Nice Christian!

Last edited by Daryl; 11/19/15 12:23 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate content.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Ellen White's stern rebukes. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #178275
11/19/15 03:36 PM
11/19/15 03:36 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
All that you say is proved false by the viciousness of your attacks. Can we not have our own opinions regarding Scripture? Who here is trying to hurt you? You manufacture harm where none exists.

You are the one hurting us. I can barely find a single post of yours that at best contains simply a scathing rebuke or condemnation, but generally contains a "***Staff Edit***" because of the inappropriateness of your words.

If we express an idea or opinion that runs even slightly counter to yours we are condemned as "unchristian", "non-SDA", "from the Devil", and the list goes on.

This will come as a shock to many posters here, but I actually consider the unknown people I converse with to be friends. Yes, they piss me off from time to time, and we all get out of hand sometimes, and I am one of the worst, but in the end I am forced to re-examine my belief system and theology and I end up arriving at a stronger position because I have been forced to examine every word I use, every assumption I hold.

BUT THEY DO IT WITHOUT THE ACID ATTACK TACTICS YOU USE.

If YOU are truly sent by God, and God gives you messages for the rest of us, and you are a saved Christian on your way to the Heavenly Kingdom, THEN I AM GLADLY GOING TO HELL.

Because I would rather spend a few moments surrounded by my "Pagan friends", with our arms around each other as the fires of hell consume us, than an eternity being subjected to the constant, relentless, unprovoked attacks of "Christians" demonstrated by your posts here.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Ellen White's stern rebukes. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #178277
11/19/15 04:04 PM
11/19/15 04:04 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
JAK,

Please don't give up on Christians. True Christians won't attack like JSOT does. Heaven will not permit such attackers to enter. Mrs. White tells us this. It's a sin that goes lightly regarded in most of our church ranks today, but God will not so lightly regard it. JSOT will either learn this important lesson before it's too late, or he will not reach the fair shores of the heavenly Homeland.

Perhaps God will have mercy on him, for I believe he has some impediment that causes him to be truly unable to assess his own condition. God is a better judge than any of us, and we are all most fortunate that He is so merciful to us. None of us is worthy of His grace...not even His forgiveness, love, or patience toward us.

Regarding the true status of those who sit in the seat of the scornful, condemning others and holding themselves to be righteous, the following quote speaks plainly.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Whoever trusts in himself that he is righteous, will despise others. As the Pharisee judges himself by other men, so he judges other men by himself. His righteousness is estimated by theirs, and the worse they are the more righteous by contrast he appears. His self-righteousness leads to accusing. "Other men" he condemns as transgressors of God's law. Thus he is making manifest the very spirit of Satan, the accuser of the brethren. With this spirit it is impossible for him to enter into communion with God. He goes down to his house destitute of the divine blessing. {COL 151.2}

Thus, we know that we have seen here in this forum "the very spirit of Satan, the accuser of the brethren." It is not God who gives such accusatorial messages.

We must all continue to be learners in the school of Christ. Let us drop the swords of criticism, and embrace each other in the love of God--the "weightier" portion of the law, according to Jesus.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Ellen White's stern rebukes. [Re: JAK] #178282
11/19/15 05:20 PM
11/19/15 05:20 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: JAK
If YOU are truly sent by God, and God gives you messages for the rest of us, and you are a saved Christian on your way to the Heavenly Kingdom, THEN I AM GLADLY GOING TO HELL.

Because I would rather spend a few moments surrounded by my "Pagan friends", with our arms around each other as the fires of hell consume us, than an eternity being subjected to the constant, relentless, unprovoked attacks of "Christians" demonstrated by your posts here.

Funny!......... My Adventist best friend has been saying the same thing.

It is interesting how we, supposively Christians, take up satan's job to accuse our brothers and sisters. Isn't that job already taken? Are we envious of satans position? lol

I don't think we can take satans job, but like Jesus said, it does show that Abraham is not our father!

Blessings
Re: Ellen White's stern rebukes. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #178293
11/20/15 03:59 AM
11/20/15 03:59 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Every post I make you guys attack and say I'm the evil one. Why follow my posts? ***** STAFF EDIT ***** Who started this thread? But you see it as an open invitation to spew and I am evil?

Last edited by Daryl; 11/20/15 11:35 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate content.

Re: Ellen White's stern rebukes. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #178320
11/21/15 12:27 AM
11/21/15 12:27 AM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Why follow my posts?

It's highly entertaining. grin

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Ellen White's stern rebukes. [Re: JAK] #178334
11/21/15 05:06 AM
11/21/15 05:06 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: JAK
Why follow my posts?

It's highly entertaining. grin

Proverbs 12English Standard Version (ESV)

12 Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
but he who hates reproof is stupid.

That sums it up perfectly here.

Re: Ellen White's stern rebukes. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #178354
11/21/15 11:44 PM
11/21/15 11:44 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
ADMIN HAT ON!!!

As this thread is about stern rebukes, I will be more lenient here, however, my patience is running thin when it comes to the type of posts I am reading against other users here.

ADMIN HAT OFF!!!

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!