HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,165 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 8 of 46 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 45 46
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #182068
12/05/16 06:18 AM
12/05/16 06:18 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
This thread deals with "rejection of the Testimonies Foretold"
so much that is debated is "off topic".

Originally Posted By: Hischild
If Trump should become President on 1/20/2017 Then Christ will come before April 1, 2017....But as I continue to study, I understand more of the prophecies and they point to Obama remaining in office until Christ Comes.......Daniel promises that the wise will understand.....the foolish virgins will wait until it is too late....

What do the testimonies, which are the topic of this thread, say about such statements?

Quote:
" Time has not been a test since 1844, and it will never again be a test. {EW 74.2}

"Some were led into the error of repeatedly fixing upon a definite time for the coming of Christ. The light which was now shining on the subject of the sanctuary would have shown them that no prophetic period extends to the second advent; that the exact time of this event is not foretold. But, turning from the light, they continued to set time after time for the Lord to come, and as often they were disappointed. {GC88 456.1}

"This is the testimony I have borne ever since the passing of the time in 1844: ‘Time after time will be set by different ones which will pass by; and the influence of this time-setting will be to destroy the faith of God's people.’ {LS 220)

Quote:
Let all our brethren and sisters beware of anyone who would set a time for the Lord to fulfill His word in regard to His coming, or in regard to any other promise He has made of special significance. "It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in His own power." False teachers may appear to be very zealous for the work of God, and may expend means to bring their theories before the world and the church; but as they mingle error with truth, their message is one of deception, and will lead souls into false paths. They are to be met and opposed, not because they are bad men, but because they are teachers of falsehood and are endeavoring to put upon falsehood the stamp of truth. {TM 55.1}

Quote:
We are not to be engrossed with speculations in regard to the times and the seasons which God has not revealed. Jesus has told His disciples to "watch," but not for definite time. ...
no one will be able to predict just when that time will come; for "of that day and hour knoweth no man." You will not be able to say that He will come in one, two, or five years, neither are you to put off His coming by stating that it may not be for ten or twenty years. It is the duty of the people of God to have their lamps trimmed and burning, to be as those that wait for the Bridegroom, when He shall return from the wedding.. . .Today you are to have your vessel purified that it may be ready for the heavenly dew, ready for the showers of the latter rain; for the latter rain will come, and the blessing of God will fill every soul that is purified from every defilement. It is our work today to yield our souls to Christ, that we may be fitted for the time of refreshing from the presence of the Lord--fitted for the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
God has not revealed to us the time when this message will close, or when probation will have an end....there is no command for anyone to search the Scripture in order to ascertain, if possible, when probation will close. God has no such message for any mortal lips.... We are not to know the definite time either for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit or for the coming of Christ.-- {1 SM 189-192}

We can add that no where is there a command to search scriptures to find the specific president in office when the image to the beast is set up in America.

We are to WATCH -- watch the events and know it is nigh.

TODAY watch and pray clinging to Christ, for in Christ is our refuge and strength, the ONLY One Who can cleanse, sustain and keep us in His grace.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: dedication] #182069
12/05/16 09:18 AM
12/05/16 09:18 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication

If Trump should become President on 1/20/2017 Then Christ will come before April 1, 2017....But as I continue to study, I understand more of the prophecies and they point to Obama remaining in office until Christ Comes.......Daniel promises that the wise will understand.....the foolish virgins will wait until it is too late....

We can add that no where is there a command to search scriptures to find the specific president in office when the image to the beast is set up in America.

TODAY watch and pray clinging to Christ, for in Christ is our refuge and strength, the ONLY One Who can cleanse, sustain and keep us in His grace.

Dedication,

On this I agree with you completely. BUT when the endtime 70 weeks are studied they end on 11 March 2017 the eve of Purim, the day that God redeemed His people from the Persian death decree. And the study of Revelation 17-18 is very clear.

So though I have not looked for a day and an hour for the Lord to return, I have been blessed to know the season.

Your counsel from the Spirit of Prophecy is not balanced for you over look other counsel that is of equal importance.

Quote:
“Though no man knoweth the day nor the hour of His coming, we are instructed and required to know when it is near. We are further taught that to disregard His warning, and refuse or neglect to know when His Advent is near, will be as fatal for us, as it was for those who lived in the days of Noah not to know when the flood was coming” (GC88 370.2).

Quote:
“The Advent people were traveling to the city, which was at the farther end of the path. They had a bright light set up behind them at the beginning of the path, which an angel told me was the midnight cry. This light shone all along the path and gave light for their feet so that they might not stumble. If they kept their eyes fixed on Jesus, who was just before them, leading them to the city, they were safe. But soon some grew weary, and said the city was a great way off, and they expected to have entered it before. Then Jesus would encourage them by raising His glorious right arm, and from His arm came a light which waved over the Advent band, and they shouted, ‘Alleluia!’ Others rashly denied the light behind them and said that it was not God that had led them out so far. The light behind them went out, leaving their feet in perfect darkness, and they stumbled and lost sight of the mark and of Jesus, and fell off the path down into the dark and wicked world below. Soon we heard the voice of God like many waters, which gave us the day and hour of Jesus’ coming. The living saints, 144,000 in number, knew and understood the voice, while the wicked thought it was thunder and an earthquake. When God spoke the time, He poured upon us the Holy Ghost, and our faces began to light up and shine with the glory of God, as Moses’ did when he came down from Mount Sinai” (EW 14.1).

Unless you repent, The sin that will condemn you and those who follow your teachings is the sin of the people who were bitten by the serpent in the wilderness. Moses raised a bronze serpent on a pole and they were told to look and live. Those who looked lived. Those who refused to look died.

At every step of the way, whenever I presented a ray of light and asked you to study it, you would every reason why I must be wrong but not look at the light in its setting.

The fact is that in Revelation 17-18 we are told exactly where we are in prophetic history.

The deadly wound of the papacy has been healed. The 5 popes were fallen-dead. The one that "was" was alive and he died soon to be impersonated by Satan. And the one that was to be for a short space ruled for a short space (Benedict XVI).

Quote:
“The number 7 indicates completeness, and is symbolic of the fact that the messages extend to the end of time, while the symbols used reveal the condition of the church at different periods in the history of the world” (AA 585.3).

Babylonian tradition made the ruler on New Year's Day king until the 28th of March that followed. John-Paul II died 2 April 2005 and Benedict XVI completed John-Paul II's final year through 28 March 2006. On 29 March 2006 Benedict began his first year and he ruled until 28 February 2013--one month and one day short of 7 years.

But in spite of me telling you that Benedict would not rule after the Spring of 2013 he would not be pope in 2013 and then it happened, you would not accept prophecy correctly interpreted before the fact or correctly fulfilled after the fact as evidence to warrant a closer look.

And now that Daniel and Revelation so faithfully point to President Obama as the last American President identified in Bible prophecy whose term will either be continued until Christ Comes or according to Babylonian custom continue until 28 March 2017 with President Trump fulfilling those few months as Benedict fulfilled the end of Pope John-Paul II's final year, you will have nothing to do with such a clear cut interpretation.

Quote:
Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst. Isaiah 5:13

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #182070
12/05/16 01:45 PM
12/05/16 01:45 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Hischild, I agree with dedication, you are completely off topic!

You are destroying the integrity of the forum topics.
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: dedication

Dedication,

On this I agree with you completely. BUT when the endtime 70 weeks are studied they end on 11 March 2017 the eve of Purim, the day that God redeemed His people from the Persian death decree. And the study of Revelation 17-18 is very clear.

So though I have not looked for a day and an hour for the Lord to return, I have been blessed to know the season.

Your counsel from the Spirit of Prophecy is not balanced for you over look other counsel that is of equal importance.

Quote:
“Though no man knoweth the day nor the hour of His coming, we are instructed and required to know when it is near. We are further taught that to disregard His warning, and refuse or neglect to know when His Advent is near, will be as fatal for us, as it was for those who lived in the days of Noah not to know when the flood was coming” (GC88 370.2).

Quote:
“The Advent people were traveling to the city, which was at the farther end of the path. They had a bright light set up behind them at the beginning of the path, which an angel told me was the midnight cry. This light shone all along the path and gave light for their feet so that they might not stumble. If they kept their eyes fixed on Jesus, who was just before them, leading them to the city, they were safe. But soon some grew weary, and said the city was a great way off, and they expected to have entered it before. Then Jesus would encourage them by raising His glorious right arm, and from His arm came a light which waved over the Advent band, and they shouted, ‘Alleluia!’ Others rashly denied the light behind them and said that it was not God that had led them out so far. The light behind them went out, leaving their feet in perfect darkness, and they stumbled and lost sight of the mark and of Jesus, and fell off the path down into the dark and wicked world below. Soon we heard the voice of God like many waters, which gave us the day and hour of Jesus’ coming. The living saints, 144,000 in number, knew and understood the voice, while the wicked thought it was thunder and an earthquake. When God spoke the time, He poured upon us the Holy Ghost, and our faces began to light up and shine with the glory of God, as Moses’ did when he came down from Mount Sinai” (EW 14.1).

Unless you repent, The sin that will condemn you and those who follow your teachings is the sin of the people who were bitten by the serpent in the wilderness. Moses raised a bronze serpent on a pole and they were told to look and live. Those who looked lived. Those who refused to look died.

At every step of the way, whenever I presented a ray of light and asked you to study it, you would every reason why I must be wrong but not look at the light in its setting.

The fact is that in Revelation 17-18 we are told exactly where we are in prophetic history.

The deadly wound of the papacy has been healed. The 5 popes were fallen-dead. The one that "was" was alive and he died soon to be impersonated by Satan. And the one that was to be for a short space ruled for a short space (Benedict XVI).

Quote:
“The number 7 indicates completeness, and is symbolic of the fact that the messages extend to the end of time, while the symbols used reveal the condition of the church at different periods in the history of the world” (AA 585.3).

Babylonian tradition made the ruler on New Year's Day king until the 28th of March that followed. John-Paul II died 2 April 2005 and Benedict XVI completed John-Paul II's final year through 28 March 2006. On 29 March 2006 Benedict began his first year and he ruled until 28 February 2013--one month and one day short of 7 years.

But in spite of me telling you that Benedict would not rule after the Spring of 2013 he would not be pope in 2013 and then it happened, you would not accept prophecy correctly interpreted before the fact or correctly fulfilled after the fact as evidence to warrant a closer look.

And now that Daniel and Revelation so faithfully point to President Obama as the last American President identified in Bible prophecy whose term will either be continued until Christ Comes or according to Babylonian custom continue until 28 March 2017 with President Trump fulfilling those few months as Benedict fulfilled the end of Pope John-Paul II's final year, you will have nothing to do with such a clear cut interpretation.

Quote:
Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst. Isaiah 5:13

Blessings
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Elle] #182071
12/05/16 02:39 PM
12/05/16 02:39 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
I find it interesting that quotes (possibly from Ellen White's writings as discussed here -- we do not know what writings comes from Ellen's pen. Some addition or correction was inserted, many passages or complete books like steps to Christ are written by one of her team, etc...) are used to prove that her writing will be rejected.

Deut 13:1-6 teaches us that the Lord WILL send prophets TO TEST US WHETHER OR NOT we are going to just believe them without TESTING WHAT IS SAID against what was reveal previously. "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Is 8:20

As I said, I do believe the early visions Ellen received were genuine(from the Lord); however, the interpretation of it was wrong at the beginning (remember the "closed door" doctrine and other stuff). Then after that initial 7 years, EGW writings shifted to be INTERPRETATION of scriptures and Church conduct counsels.

Thus, maybe some of those who rejects Ellen's writings could be the ones that have TESTED what was said [after the dazzleness of the early visions has past] as the Lord told us to do in Deut 13.

Just because a vision comes to pass doesn't mean everything that comes out of this individual's mouth afterwards is God's word. That's what Deut 13 teaches. Read it.

That's where the SDA denomination err very gravely and by pushing this type of fear based ploy promotes NOT TESTING what is said -- the very opposite of Deut 13.

The SDA Church is taking a SERIOUS OPPOSITE position to the Lord's Law in Deut 13 that warns us to TEST ALL THINGS someone's says; even if that person comes with vision and signs that comes to pass. In another word, just because a vision comes to pass, you still need to test whatever comes out of their mouth afterwards.

Blessings
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #182075
12/05/16 05:45 PM
12/05/16 05:45 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: kland
Quote:
Had I understood that New Years Day on the Babylonian Calendar was 29 March on our Gregorian calendar,
Is that true that the Babylonian Calendar was 29 March?

If you have data to show some other date, I'd like to see it.
I asked first.

Please show where the data shows your date.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #182078
12/06/16 02:06 AM
12/06/16 02:06 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Quote:
Had I understood that New Years Day on the Babylonian Calendar was 29 March on our Gregorian calendar,
Is that true that the Babylonian Calendar was 29 March?

If you have data to show some other date, I'd like to see it.
I asked first.

Please show where the data shows your date.

That's a great question now that you put it that way. I didn't keep up with the reference. When I googled it just now the Spring equinox marked New year's day in ancient Babylon. In 605 BC it was either 27 March or 28 March. Now a days it is 20 March 2017.

But as I said If you can nail it down better with a good reference, let me know and I'll adjust my thinking accordingly.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #182091
12/07/16 05:52 PM
12/07/16 05:52 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I would guess March 20 or 21, I don't really know. But I realize the calendar dating had changed, so that might explain 605 BC. However, I was thrown off by your comment:
Quote:
So from that perspective if Obama leaves office prior to 29 March 2017
Guess that's 20 (or 21?) March 2017? Or 22!

When is the equinox (22?)
Does/did the calendar begin at it or based upon some moon phase?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #182094
12/07/16 10:04 PM
12/07/16 10:04 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
I would guess March 20 or 21, I don't really know. But I realize the calendar dating had changed, so that might explain 605 BC. However, I was thrown off by your comment:
Quote:
So from that perspective if Obama leaves office prior to 29 March 2017
Guess that's 20 (or 21?) March 2017? Or 22!

When is the equinox (22?)
Does/did the calendar begin at it or based upon some moon phase?

It was the Spring equinox and in ancient Babylon the Spring equinox was the on the 27 or 28 March. And in conjunction with it they had a festival where they carried a statue of a god from his city to Babylon for the day and then back home.

The nearest that I can figure, New Year's Day was 29 March (they did not have 30 day months back then). I did have a reference from a noted archaeologist explaining it, but I thought it was common knowledge and did not keep up with the documentation. Now that I have had to research it again, it is a lot of work. and a time consuming task that is not definitive according to the websites I checked out this time.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #182107
12/09/16 09:11 PM
12/09/16 09:11 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
So would you be in agreement it (Start of the Babylonian calendar) has nothing to do with the 29th of March, 2017, nor is there any work needed for searching days in a month nor what Julian day it fell on in 605BC, but it only has to do with the Spring equinox in 2017?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #182108
12/09/16 09:31 PM
12/09/16 09:31 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: HChild

The seventy weeks recorded in Daniel 9 were "cut off" from 2300 days of Daniel 8. They began at the same time -- at the command to rebuild. So if those 70 weeks end, as you mistakenly assert on March 11, 2017, there are still 1810 days (years) to follow before the sanctuary is cleansed.

So once again I see a complete departure from the testimonies. (See DA 233, GC 326-327)
Those 70 weeks began in 457 BC and ended in 34 AD when the gospel went to the Gentiles, they were the first part of the 2300 day/years which continued rolling for another one thousand eight hundred and ten years, till 1844 AD when Christ as our High Priest entered the Most Holy to complete the work of the atonement before His coming.

I fear that you are making a similar mistake as the evangelicals in applying things that belong to the over arching revelation of earth's history, and squeezing it all into the last days.

It is because I have studied, that I cannot accept your ever changing interpretations. Remember you have been doing this for several decades now -- one supposed hit out of many failed predictions is NOT at all convincing. I see you are already building a backup scenario now that Trump is president elect. Always an "oops didn't quite understand -- here is a new version" approach, and so it goes while you are condemning everyone who does not accept your ever revised interpretations.

As to "getting into the ark" before its too late.
That has nothing to do with asserting that Obama is the last president.
It has everything to do with our TODAY relationship with Christ.
Yes, we are "in the endtime season" and that is true no matter who is president.

We don't even know that we will be alive next March. Why set dates when we are told NOT TO DO SO. Today is the day -- every day is TODAY, to be in a vital, close and submitted relationship with our Redeemer.

Page 8 of 46 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 45 46

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!