HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,641 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: James Peterson] #182280
01/07/17 02:08 AM
01/07/17 02:08 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Originally Posted By: Rick H
Now lets look to see who they are...

lets go back to see the characteristics of the 144,000. We saw in Revelation 7 in verse 3 that they are sealed, “3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.”

In Revelation 14 verse 1, we find the same sealing:
“1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.” Revelation 14 (KJV)
SOP tells us in Testimonies for the Church, vol. 3, Page 266: “The true people of God, who have the spirit of the work of the Lord and the salvation of souls at heart, will ever view sin in its real, sinful character. They will always be on the side of faithful and plain dealing with sins which easily beset the people of God. Especially in the closing work for the church, in the sealing time of the one hundred and forty-four thousand who are to stand without fault before the throne of God, will they feel most deeply the wrongs of God's professed people.." {3T 266.2}
So we see “in the closing work for the church, in the sealing time of the one hundred and forty-four thousand who are to stand without fault before the throne of God”.

So what description does scripture give, we find Revelation 14 verse 3 & 4:

“3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb..” Revelation 14:3-4 (KJV)
Their loyalty and dedication to God are signified by the images of verse 4. These believers are ‘virgins’—undefiled by the corruption Satan has out there. God’s end-time people are wholeheartedly dedicated to God as a bride to her bridegroom. In other words, they are faithful spouses, following the Lamb wherever He goes.
We also read in the SOP in Reflecting Christ, p. 226, the terrible battle they will fight:“ In vision I saw two armies in terrible conflict. One army was led by banners bearing the world's insignia; the other was led by the bloodstained banner of Prince Immanuel. Standard after standard was left to trail in the dust as company after company from the Lord's army joined the foe and tribe after tribe from the ranks of the enemy united with the commandment-keeping people of God. An angel flying in the midst of heaven put the standard of Immanuel into many hands, while a mighty general cried out with a loud voice: "Come into line. Let those who are loyal to the commandments of God and the testimony of Christ now take their position. Come out from among them, and be ye separate." The battle raged. Victory alternated from side to side. At last the victory was gained. The army following the banner with the inscription, "The commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus," was gloriously triumphant.... Satan will work his miracles to deceive; he will set up his power as supreme. The church may appear as about to fall, but it does not fall. It remains, while the sinners in Zion will be sifted out--the chaff separated from the precious wheat. This is a terrible ordeal, but nevertheless it must take place. None but those who have been overcoming by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony will be found with the loyal and true, without spot or stain of sin, without guile in their mouths. We must be divested of our self-righteousness and arrayed in the righteousness of Christ.” This is the church triumphant, lets compare this to Revelation 14, verse 5:
“5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.” Revelation 14:5 (KJV)

SOP in the Great Controversy pages 648-649, tells us that they are those who are living at the end and have overcome:

“Upon the crystal sea before the throne, that sea of glass as it were mingled with fire,--so resplendent is it with the glory of God,--are gathered the company that have "gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name." With the Lamb upon Mount Zion, "having the harps of God," they stand, the hundred and forty and four thousand that were redeemed from among men; and there is heard, as the sound of many waters, and as the sound of a great thunder, "the voice of harpers harping with their harps." And they sing "a new song" before the throne, a song which no man can learn save the hundred and forty and four thousand. It is the song of Moses and the Lamb--a song of deliverance. None but the hundred and forty-four thousand can learn that song; for it is the song of their experience--an experience such as no other company have ever had. "These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever He goeth." These, having been translated from the earth, from among the living, are counted as "the first fruits unto God and to the Lamb." ….. they have stood without an intercessor through the final outpouring of God's judgments.
But they have been delivered, for they have "washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." "In their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault" before God.

The answer is right there, they are those who survive and are living, not waiting in the grave to be resurrected when Christ comes....

All the great many words you have written cannot negate the spirit of prophecy that:

1. Rev. 7:4 -- "And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed ..."

AND

2. Rev. 7:9 -- " After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands ..."

If only [#1] above were written, then we might interpret it any way we can; but [#2] constrains us. The TWO groups must therefore be Israelis first AND after, Gentiles too.

///

Here is a good explanation by Batchelor...."Perhaps one of the first things we should ask is whether or not the 144,000 are actually 12,000 literal Israelites from each of these respective tribes. I don't want to be tedious, but to really understand this subject we should briefly review what the Bible says about the Old Testament tribes. First, there were actually 13 tribes. Twelve tribes came from the 12 sons of Jacob, who the Lord renamed Israel. But because Joseph was sold into slavery by his older brothers, he was separated from his family for many years. After Joseph finally reunited with his father, Jacob promised to compensate by adopting Joseph's two sons as his own, to be numbered with his sons in place of Joseph. "Now thy two sons, Ephraim and Manasseh, which were born unto thee in the land of Egypt before I came unto thee into Egypt, are mine; as Reuben and Simeon, they shall be mine." Genesis 48:5. Hence, Joseph would be numbered twice through his sons.

One reason you still find only 12 tribes mentioned throughout the Bible is that after the Levites were chosen to be the priests for Israel, they were excluded from receiving a specific territory inheritance (Deuteronomy 10:8, 9; 18:1) and from census figures (Numbers 1:49). Instead, they were to spread out among all the tribes as teachers and priests.

There are several reasons why the tribes mentioned in Revelation chapter 7 can't possibly be literal Israelite tribes. The Old Testament reveals that 10 of the 12 tribes were carried away by the Assyrians in 722 B.C. "In the ninth year of Hoshea, the king of Assyria took Samaria, and carried Israel away into Assyria, and placed them in Halah and in Habor by the river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes." 2 Kings 17:6.

History records that long before the time of Jesus, some of the 10 tribes returned to Samaria after intermarrying with the Assyrians. Their descendants, known as Samaritans, were hated by the Jews because they were no longer "pure" Israelites in blood or religion. In fact, because the 10 tribes have been so thoroughly scattered around the world and absorbed by their host nations, today a person would be hard pressed to find even one pure descendant from the tribe of Gad, Asher, Naphtali, Manasseh, or Simeon-much less 12,000 of them!

Another strong clue that Revelation is not speaking of the literal Israelite tribes is that in the Old Testament, the 12 tribes were very unequal in population numbers. Judah was very large, while Benjamin was very small. God divided the promised land in proportion to each tribe's needs. But the 144,000 is composed of 12,000 per tribe, right across the board.

So who does make up this group? I believe the answer to this question lies in the fact that God's promises to literal Israel now apply to spiritual Israel. Since the year A.D. 34, the prophecies and attention of Scripture have focused on the children of faith-either Jew or Gentile. "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit." Romans 2:28, 29. "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." Galatians 3:29.

What's in a Name?
My first clue that there must be a spiritual meaning to the 144,000 was the way in which the tribes are listed in Revelation 7:5-8. This is the only time in Scripture that the names of the tribes appear in this order. Reuben, the firstborn of Jacob, is listed as second while Judah, fourth in birth order, is listed as first. Joseph and Levi are included, while Ephraim and Dan are left out. Why?

Because "Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder [viper] in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward" (Genesis 49:17), and "Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone" (Hosea 4:17).

In the Bible, a serpent is a symbol of Satan. The critical, backbiting nature of Dan aligned this tribe with the kingdom of Satan instead of the kingdom of God. Likewise, the tribe of Ephraim had forsaken the God of Israel and had embraced paganism. Hence, Ephraim and Dan are left out of the 144,000.

Jewish names always had a meaning that depicted some characteristic of the child or an event connected with his birth. For example, Genesis 29:32-35 says: "Leah conceived, and bare a son, and she called his name Reuben: for she said, Surely the Lord hath looked upon my affliction; now therefore my husband will love me. And she conceived again, and bare a son; and said, Because the Lord hath heard that I was hated, he hath therefore given me this son also: and she called his name Simeon. And she conceived again, and bare a son; and said, Now this time will my husband be joined unto me, because I have born him three sons: therefore was his name called Levi. And she conceived again, and bare a son: and she said, Now I will praise the Lord: therefore she called his name Judah."

In fact, Rachel and Leah made prophetic statements for all 12 of Jacob's sons. Here are the names of the tribes that make up the 144,000 (in the order listed in Revelation chapter 7), together with the meaning of each name:

1. Judah = "I will praise the Lord"
2. Reuben = "He has looked on me"
3. Gad = "Granted good fortune"
4. Asher = "Happy am I"
5. Naphtali = "My wrestling"
6. Manasseh = "Making me to forget"
7. Simeon = "God hears me"
8. Levi = "Joined to me"
9. Issachar = "Purchased Me"
10. Zebulun = "Dwelling"
11. Joseph = "God will add to me"
12. Benjamin = "Son of His right hand"

Now notice what happens when the meaning of the names are combined, in the same order, into a paragraph:

"I will praise the Lord for He has looked on me and granted good fortune. Happy am I because my wrestling God is making me to forget. God hears me and is joined to me. He has purchased me a dwelling. God will add to me the Son of His right hand." (The words in italics are supplied to complete each thought.)

These names describe the story of the church's struggle, redemption, victory, and marriage to the Lamb....

Last edited by Rick H; 01/07/17 02:09 AM.
Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: APL] #182281
01/07/17 02:17 AM
01/07/17 02:17 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: APL
The Gentiles have no part in God's covenant promises. In Christ is the yea. "For how many soever be the promises of God, in Him is the yea; wherefore also through Him is the Amen, unto the glory of God through us." 2 Corinthians 1:20. The Gentiles are those who are without Christ, and so they are "strangers from the covenants of promise." No Gentile has any part in any covenant of promise. But whosoever will may come to Christ, and may share in the promises; for Christ says, "Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out." John 6:37 But when the Gentile does that, no matter what his nationality may be, he ceases to be a Gentile, and becomes a member of "the commonwealth of Israel."
You have to understand that the people of “Israel” are not confined to the descendants of Abraham after the flesh, but that true Israel are Jews inwardly (Romans 2:29); not “children of the flesh,” but “children of the promise” (Romans 9:6-8); wild scions grafted into the good olive-tree and partaking of its nature (Romans 11:17, 24); members from the Gentiles, of the “commonwealth of Israel.” Ephesians 2:12, 19. And all this pertains to Christians, who are in consequence of their relation to Christ, “Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” Galatians 3:29. So James, addressing Christians at the time - when “the coming of the Lord draweth nigh” (the very time to which Revelation 7:1-8 applies), greets them as “the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad.”

Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: APL] #182283
01/07/17 03:37 AM
01/07/17 03:37 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
The Gentiles have no part in God's covenant promises. In Christ is the yea. "For how many soever be the promises of God, in Him is the yea; wherefore also through Him is the Amen, unto the glory of God through us." 2 Corinthians 1:20. The Gentiles are those who are without Christ, and so they are "strangers from the covenants of promise." No Gentile has any part in any covenant of promise. But whosoever will may come to Christ, and may share in the promises; for Christ says, "Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out." John 6:37 But when the Gentile does that, no matter what his nationality may be, he ceases to be a Gentile, and becomes a member of "the commonwealth of Israel."

You misunderstand the word of God. Jesus never said, "For God so loved the commonwealth of Israel ..." but rather, "For God so loved the world (including the commonwealth of Israel) ..." Luke traces the ancestry of Jesus to Adam, the son of God from whom are all mankind for whom Jesus died.

This is the whole point of the book of Hebrews. Heb 4: "For if Joshua had given them (Israel) rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. There remains therefore a rest for the people of God."

And again, Heb 11: "These all died in faith (Abel to Abraham), not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them."

The Jews inherited the promise from the Gentiles and not the other way around. Their narrow-mindedness prevented them from hearing the truth.

///

Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: James Peterson] #182285
01/07/17 10:30 AM
01/07/17 10:30 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

You misunderstand the word of God. Jesus never said, "For God so loved the commonwealth of Israel ..." but rather, "For God so loved the world (including the commonwealth of Israel) ..." Luke traces the ancestry of Jesus to Adam, the son of God from whom are all mankind for whom Jesus died.

This is the whole point of the book of Hebrews. Heb 4: "For if Joshua had given them (Israel) rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. There remains therefore a rest for the people of God."

And again, Heb 11: "These all died in faith (Abel to Abraham), not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them."

The Jews inherited the promise from the Gentiles and not the other way around. Their narrow-mindedness prevented them from hearing the truth.

///

I misread it, adjusted post..

Last edited by Rick H; 01/18/17 07:39 AM.
Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: Rick H] #182289
01/07/17 10:41 PM
01/07/17 10:41 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: james

Hm - did I ever say that God does not love the Gentile? Nope. Why then do you say I misinterpret the scripture? Is it because you have been listening to evangelicals and not the Bible? I don't know. God so loved the world - everyone. Will everyone be saved? Nope. Only those that are in Christ are saved. Abraham was a Christian - he foresaw Christ and was glad, John 8:56. Is the New Covenant for the Gentiles? No! Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And Hebrews 8 is speaking of the Gentiles? Hebrews 8:8-10 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Who is a Jew? Rick has spoken right. Romans 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

To whom is the New Covenant promised? The house of Israel! "Blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved." Romans 11:25-26. "The fulness of the Gentiles" is the complete restoration of the house of Israel. All Israel will be saved when all who will hear the voice of the Lord shall have been gathered out. The "lost sheep of the house of Israel" are among all the nations of earth,--the Gentiles after the flesh,--and when they are found and gathered, there will be no more necessity for the preaching of the Gospel. "This Gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." Matthew 24:14 The ending of the times of the Gentiles is the ending of the accepted time, the day of salvation.

Note that the New Covenant does not start in AD34. In truth, the Old and New Covenant are not dispensations, but parallel tracks from paradise lost, to paradise restored. The Old Covenant is a covenant of works based on the promises of the people. The New Covenant is based on the promises of God and accepted by Faith. Salvation is found only under the New Covenant.

The 144,000, will be of the House of Israel only - true Jews, not genetic Jews. They will be the ones who are alive at the very end of time.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: APL] #182310
01/14/17 11:15 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA

Hm - did I ever say that God does not love the Gentile? Nope. Why then do you say I misinterpret the scripture? Is it because you have been listening to evangelicals and not the Bible? I don't know. God so loved the world - everyone. Will everyone be saved? Nope. Only those that are in Christ are saved. Abraham was a Christian - he foresaw Christ and was glad, John 8:56. Is the New Covenant for the Gentiles? No! Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And Hebrews 8 is speaking of the Gentiles? Hebrews 8:8-10 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Who is a Jew? Rick has spoken right. Romans 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

To whom is the New Covenant promised? The house of Israel! "Blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved." Romans 11:25-26. "The fulness of the Gentiles" is the complete restoration of the house of Israel. All Israel will be saved when all who will hear the voice of the Lord shall have been gathered out. The "lost sheep of the house of Israel" are among all the nations of earth,--the Gentiles after the flesh,--and when they are found and gathered, there will be no more necessity for the preaching of the Gospel. "This Gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." Matthew 24:14 The ending of the times of the Gentiles is the ending of the accepted time, the day of salvation.

Note that the New Covenant does not start in AD34. In truth, the Old and New Covenant are not dispensations, but parallel tracks from paradise lost, to paradise restored. The Old Covenant is a covenant of works based on the promises of the people. The New Covenant is based on the promises of God and accepted by Faith. Salvation is found only under the New Covenant.

The 144,000, will be of the House of Israel only - true Jews, not genetic Jews. They will be the ones who are alive at the very end of time.

Again read what scripture says, it will be people from all nations, and all the ends of the earth, not just Jews..

Revelation 7:9

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Last edited by Rick H; 01/14/17 11:17 AM.
Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: Rick H] #182311
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Here is another explanation I came across, but be aware it appears to be from Jeff Pippenger, but it has some good points:

"Since the commencement of the Third Angel’s Message which began in 1844, God has been calling out a people to stand under the banner of the third angel. These people are described in Revelation 14:12 “Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.”

All false doctrines that came over from Paganism and the Roman church during the ‘falling away’ are repudiated and they stand on a solid Biblical foundation, free from all that has no higher authority than man’s ideas and traditions. They make the Commandments of God and the Faith of Jesus the ruling principle of their existence. Those who fully come into this condition receive the Seal of God.

GREAT MULTITUDE
Those who die in this faith, are sealed, and become part of the “Blessed Dead” and will be raised to hear the covenant of God with His people announced and see Jesus come in the clouds of glory.

INVESTIGATIVE JUDGMENT
Since 1844, the Investigative judgment has been taking place. It began first with the dead and prophecy and events in the church and world indicate that since 9-11-2001 it is turning to the judgment of the living. The Latter Rain is sprinkling. God is preparing a people to stand in the crisis soon to hit, and all who are willing to co-operate with Christ and the heavenly agencies, will be prepared to receive the Seal of God when the Testing time of the Sunday Law goes forward.

CLOSE OF PROBATION
During that test, all who know this message will show what character they have prepared—they will either stand obedient, in the power of the Lord, and be Sealed, receiving at that time the full measure of the Latter Rain, or they will capitulate to the worldly powers and receive the Mark of the Beast. At that time there will be no second chance for Sabbath believers as their probation closes first.

Those sealed at the time of this crisis will go forth in the full power of the Latter Rain and proclaim the Loud Cry to the people of the earth, whose probation continues during this time. Many of them will come out of the fallen religions and stand with the saints and through the power of the Holy Spirit they will learn in a very short time what it took the Advent Believers years to learn. They will receive the Seal and the Latter Rain and join in the proclamation of the final message to the world. These are called the eleventh hour workers in the parable.

“The time of God's destructive judgments is the time of mercy for those who have had no opportunity to learn what is truth. Tenderly will the Lord look upon them. His heart of mercy is touched; His hand is still stretched out to save, while the door is closed to those who would not enter.” Testimonies, vol. 9, p. 97.

LIVING THAT ARE SEALED AT SECOND COMING ARE 144,000
During this ‘Loud Cry’ period, some of the sealed will die, many will be martyred, but a group will remain until the final close of probation for the entire world. This occurs when the powers join together to pass a decree that all the saints are to be put to death at a certain time. Those who remain alive at this time will constitute the 144,000. They will go through the ‘Time of Jacob’s Trouble’ and witness God’s wrath upon the wicked in the Seven Last Plagues. They will be translated when Jesus comes, without seeing death.

These stand as evidence of the power of the plan of redemption—precious trophies of the Lamb. Though tried fiercely, they will stand without sin during the time when Christ has ceased His intercessory work and has left the sanctuary. Prophecy is clear that they are the first fruits and the 2nd coming cannot happen until this special group is demonstrated to the universe.

The Biblical Description:

Revelation 7:2 “And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, 3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. 4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.”

Revelation 14:1 “And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: 3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. 5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.”

Daniel 12:3 “And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.” {wise: or, teachers}

Daniel 12:10 “Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.”

We are to Strive to be Among Them

Although we do not know which of us will make up the final 144,000, we have been told we are all to strive to be among them. There is no separate standard that is lower for those who die before the final close of probation. We all need to be prepared for the Seal of God and this preparation is to be the focus of our lives. The most important aspect of the 144,000 both in the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy is their character.

Revelation 14:5 “And in their mouth was found no guile: [no hypocrisy; no dishonesty or falsehood.] for they are without fault before the throne of God.”

“Those whom the Lamb shall lead by the fountains of living waters, and from whose eyes he shall wipe away all tears, will be those now receiving the knowledge and understanding revealed in the Bible, the Word of God. To us has been given the privilege of receiving the wisdom that cometh from God, of seeing the beauty and the glories of that Word which lies at the foundation of all true knowledge. The Bible teaches us what a Christian ought to be, and what he ought to do…… “We are to copy no human being. There is no human being wise enough to be our criterion. We are to look to the man Christ Jesus, who is complete in the perfection of righteousness and holiness. He is the author and finisher of our faith. He is the pattern Man. His experience is the measure of the experience that we are to gain. His character is our model. Let us, then, take our minds off the perplexities and the difficulties of this life, and fix them on him, that by beholding we may be changed into his likeness. We may behold Christ to good purpose. We may safely look to him; for he is all-wise. As we look to him and think of him, he will be formed within, the hope of glory. {RH, March 9, 1905 par. 2 & 3}

“Let us strive with all the power that God has given us to be among the hundred and forty-four thousand. And let us do all that we can to help others to gain heaven. We are to have an intense interest in Christ Jesus; for he is our Saviour. He came to this world to be tempted in all points as we are, to prove to the universe that in this world of sin human beings can live lives that God will approve.” {RH, March 9, 1905 par. 4}

“On what foundation are you building? This question comes home to us all. We are living amid the perils of the last days. The law of God is almost universally disregarded. Satan is not idle; he walks about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may turn from the right way. And he does not always appear as a lion; he has the power to come as a lamb, and then his voice is soft and low. But shall we allow him to control our hearts? Under his direction, shall we build upon a foundation that will not stand the storm? We can not afford to do this. Shall we not rather strive to be among that number of whom John writes, "Here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus"? {ST, September 24, 1896 par. 8}

“The path to freedom from sin is through crucifixion of self, and conflict with the powers of darkness. Let none be discouraged in view of the severe trials to be met in the time of Jacob's trouble, which is yet before them. They are to work earnestly, anxiously, not for that time, but for today. What we want is to have a knowledge of the truth as it is in Christ now, and a personal experience now. In these precious closing hours of probation, we have a deep and living experience to gain. We shall thus form characters that will ensure our deliverance in the time of trouble.” {OHC 321.2}

“One of the marked features in the representation of the 144,000 is that in their mouth there was found no guile. The Lord has said, "Blessed is the man . . . in whose spirit there is no guile." They profess to be children of God, and are represented as following the Lamb whithersoever He goeth. They are prefigured before us as standing on Mount Zion, girt for holy service, clothed in white linen, which is the righteousness of the saints. But all who follow the Lamb in heaven will first have followed Him on earth, in trustful, loving, willing obedience, followed Him not fretfully and capriciously, but confidently, truthfully, as the flock follows the shepherd. . . .” {3SM 424.2}

“John saw a Lamb on Mount Zion, and with Him 144,000 having His Father's name written in their foreheads. They bore the signet of heaven. They reflected the image of God. They were full of the light and the glory of the Holy One. If we would have the image and superscription of God upon us, we must separate ourselves from all iniquity. We must forsake every evil way, and then we must trust our cases in the hands of Christ. While we are working out our own salvation with fear and trembling, God will work in us to will and to do of His own good pleasure.” (RH March 19, 1889)

What other fact identifies this group?

The 144,000 are those who live through the seven last plagues after the close of human probation and at Jesus Coming are translated without seeing death.

“God would not suffer the wicked to destroy those who were expecting translation, and who would not bow to the decree of the beast or receive his mark. I saw that if the wicked were permitted to slay the saints, Satan and all his evil host, and all who hate God, would be gratified. And oh, what a triumph it would be for his satanic majesty, to have power, in the last closing struggle, over those who had so long waited to behold Him whom they loved! Those who have mocked at the idea of the saints' going up will witness the care of God for His people, and behold their glorious deliverance.”--EW 284 (1858). {LDE 263.3}

“The people of God will not be free from suffering; but while persecuted and distressed, while they endure privation, and suffer for want of food, they will not be left to perish.”--GC 629 (1911). {LDE 264.1}

“If the blood of Christ's faithful witnesses were shed at this time, it would not, like the blood of the martyrs, be as seed sown to yield a harvest for God.--GC 634 (1911). {LDE 264.2}

“A decree went forth to slay the saints, which caused them to cry day and night for deliverance. This was the time of Jacob's trouble. Then all the saints cried out with anguish of spirit, and were delivered by the voice of God. The one hundred and forty-four thousand triumphed. Their faces were lighted up with the glory of God.” {LS 117.1}

“Soon we heard the voice of God like many waters, which gave us the day and hour of Jesus' coming. The living saints, 144,000 in number, knew and understood the voice, while the wicked thought it was thunder and an earthquake. When God spoke the time, He poured upon us the Holy Ghost, and our faces began to light up and shine with the glory of God, as Moses' did when he came down from Mount Sinai.” {CET 58.1}

“The 144,000 were all sealed, and perfectly united. On their foreheads was written, "God, New Jerusalem," and a glorious star containing Jesus' new name. At our happy, holy state the wicked were enraged, and would rush violently up to lay hands on us to thrust us into prison, when we would stretch forth the hand in the name of the Lord, and they would fall helpless to the ground. Then it was that the synagogue of Satan knew that God had loved us who could wash one another's feet, and salute the brethren with a holy kiss, and they worshiped at our feet.” {CET 58.2}

Why are they needed:

Before the Great Controversy between Christ and Satan can be fully brought to an end, it is necessary that a people be demonstrated that fully keep ALL of God’s commandments and have been cleansed of all rebellion and sin, to the point that the full power of the Holy Spirit can be poured out on them without measure, and dwell within them. They must be so fully restored to holiness that they will at the end be able to stand, sealed unto God and without a mediator in the heavenly sanctuary.

Many faithful people lived and died in Old Testament times; but this special group could not have come from the times before Christ, because the covenant had not at that time been ratified by the blood of the Lamb of God. The ‘Wave Sheaf’ that Christ took with Him when He ascended was from among these.

There were many faithful during the long years of Papal supremacy, many of which were martyred for their faith. But the 144,000 could not be raised up from among them.

Only as the reformation was completed by a full and complete return to Biblical doctrine, laying aside all the Pagan and Papal errors fully, and a people raised up to repair the Breach in God’s Law by restoring the Sabbath to its proper place, could we expect to see this group arise. They could not arrive in history until the third angel’s message went forth at the opening of the Most Holy Place of the heavenly sanctuary in 1844.

Although many saints that have died in the past will be raised to be among the redeemed, because they fully, with an honest heart, lived up to all the light they had, the 144,000 are raised up when the full light of God’s truth is shining on their pathway, including the testimony of Jesus—the Spirit of Prophecy, and they accept and obey the light in its complete fullness...." my notes are in caps.

Last edited by Rick H; 01/14/17 11:21 AM.
Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: Rick H] #182312
01/14/17 02:46 PM
01/14/17 02:46 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Rick H

Again read what scripture says, it will be people from all nations, and all the ends of the earth, not just Jews..

Revelation 7:9

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

YES!!! That is true!!!

Galatians 3:29 And if you be Christ's, then are you Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Romans 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

True Jews come from every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation!!!

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: Rick H] #182313
01/15/17 12:32 AM
01/15/17 12:32 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Rick, how did you arrive at 9-11-2001 as the start of the judgement of the living?

"Since 1844, the Investigative judgment has been taking place. It began first with the dead and prophecy and events in the church and world indicate that since 9-11-2001 it is turning to the judgment of the living."

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude from the Great Tribulation [Re: APL] #182317
01/16/17 01:05 PM
01/16/17 01:05 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Galatians 3:29 And if you be Christ's, then are you Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Romans 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

True Jews come from every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation!!!

1. The 144,000 are NOT Jews. They are Hebrews or Israelites: children of Israel. There is a difference and twelve times over at that.

2. Jews adhere to the religion of the Kingdom of Judah. Paul said he was a Jew (a Pharisee); BUT of the tribe of Benjamin.

3. The 144,000 come out of the tribes of Israel; whereas the Great Multitude come out of all the tribes of the world. BIG DIFFERENCE.

///

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!