HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,079 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Answers to prayers #18231
03/19/02 01:34 AM
03/19/02 01:34 AM
C
Chantale Bérubé  Offline OP
Fredericton, NB, Canada
Just thought I'd start a new topic where we can share answers to our prayers.
So.. Anyone had an answer lately

Re: Answers to prayers #18232
03/21/02 08:07 PM
03/21/02 08:07 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
I did!!!!!! God is a very wonderful God! The Women's Retreat for Man/Sask is coming up in April and registration deadline was March 16. I cannot afford to go. So, I was praying about it, and left it in God's hands. There is no funding for assistance and I figured I wasn't going. Anyway, to make a long story short, someone anonymously sponsored me so that I can go to the Retreat (which by the way is almost $200)! Praise God, He name is Wonderful!! "For if you know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more so your Father in Heaven".

Re: Answers to prayers #18233
04/01/02 04:16 AM
04/01/02 04:16 AM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
We ahve been worried of late because of our son-in-law having so many health problems.
We were told that he was to undergo tests to determine if he may have Kronse (sp?) disease or colonitis or even cancer.
Thank God he has none.
We still don't know what the problem is, but at least we know what it isn't.
They are treating him for auto immune deisease and it seems to be working.
They have said he has rheumatoid arthritis in his blood, but it is under control.
Considering we didn't know if he was going to live or not [cancer sends up all the fear flags] we ARE really happy wth what God has done do far.
Praise God for all blessings here below.

Re: Answers to prayers #18234
04/08/02 09:53 PM
04/08/02 09:53 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Praise God He hears in the little things as well as in the big! I had two answers to prayer this Sabbath!

1. I teach a Sabbath School class and there is one individual who makes me uncomfortable to the point where I do not want to be alone with them. I saw them coming to class and I prayed quickly that I would not be alone (it has been a small class as of late) with this person. God answered my prayer and another person joined the discussion who has not been around for a while. Praise God that He cares about our feelings and insecurities as well!

2. After potluck we were in a meeting and I did not have opportunity to grab my bowl before the meeting. After the meeting, everything had been cleaned up and I could not find my bowl. I looked everywhere for it and was giving up. As I walked out the door of the kitchen, I asked God where my bowl was and immediately thought to look in the fridge! There was the bowl.

God is so amazing and good to us! All we have to do is ask and He answers!

Also, I'm sure many of you heard of the bombing at the Peruvian American Embassy. Well, one of my friends was visiting her mother in Peru at that time and I quickly prayed that she was not there when I heard of the bombing. She has returned home since and I told her I was afraid for her when I heard and she said that they had planned on going there that day, but had decided otherwise at the last minute. It is true that "Even before we ask, God answers"!

He is an amazing God. We ask too little of Him when He seeks to give us so much!

Re: Answers to prayers #18235
09/21/03 12:56 PM
09/21/03 12:56 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
God certainly has been answering prayers within a couple of our churches within the Maritime Conference in response to fervent prayer by some of the members of these two churches.

In the Pugwash, NS SDA Church (in which Laurie Mosher is a member) in their fervent prayer response to an urgent prayer request a definite answer to prayer was received. One of their members was being operated on in the Halifax hospital to remove some tumours. Something drastically went wrong and the hospital called in the family as they felt she wasn't going to survive. It was so bad that the hospital gave her husband a pager so he could be called instantly, if her passing became imminent. The church prayed fervently for four hours. As a result of their prayers a miraculous recovery took place that even amazed the hospital staff. She was soon back home as active as ever. Praise the Lord!!!! [Smile]

This brought the Pugwash SDA Church closer together and with the use of a Prayer Journal kept a record of answered prayers. I was at their Prayer Meeting when they were still praising the Lord over the above answered prayer. They have had other wonderfully answered prayers since then, and they are still busy prayer in response to prayer requests/needs within their church community.

I shared the above with the pastor of our church in Fredericton, NB. I don't know if it was as a reult of my sharing, or what, however, he began focusing our weekly prayer meetings practically entirely on praying for the need of others. Here is what happened:

In the Fredericton, NB SDA Church (where I am a member) we soon received an urgent prayer request of our own that took us into deep fervent prayer. The husband of one of our members suffered a brain stroke that sent him to the Fredericton hospital and from there to the SAint John hospital where they began draining the fluid from his brain. He was only given a 50/50 chance of surviving, let alone recovering from this stroke. This happened on a Sabbath afternoon. We prayed individually and came together on the first Tuesday and prayed for her husband's survival and recovery. From Sunday to Thursday they continued draining the fluid from his brain. On our Thursday visit we were told that he couldn't swallow so they had to stomach feed him. They expected him to be there for thr next several months. Things still looked grim as his survival was a day to day thing. We continued in prayer. The following Friday when we visited him again, he was in the washroom shaving himself. His brain was no longer filling with fluid as it had made its own new passage way for the fluid to travel to the spine, if I am remebering this correctly. He also could swallow again. He was also later transferred back to the hospital in Fredericton, NB. Both hospitals were amazed over what they considered a miraculous recovery. We are now praying for the mental recovery of this stroke as it has made him more agressive, both physically and verbally. We also solicit your prayers over this latest development.

Another prayer request was received and prayed for at our last Tuesday's prayer meeting. The very next day we were told by him that it was first painless night he had for a long time. He also said it was the soundest sleep he also had. Praise the Lord! [Smile] He had also made another prayer request regarding the selling on his home, and that prayer was partially answered, therefore, we will continue to pray for that request of his.

Do any of you have answers to prayers to share? If you do, then please share them here so we can all praise the Lord together! [Smile]

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!