HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,409 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 33 34
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: His child] #183298
04/15/17 12:58 AM
04/15/17 12:58 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Quote:
The ending for the time allotted for the Judgment of the dead and the living is not the end of probation as it may appear on the surface. It is a time to bring every cast (I think you mean "case"?) current before the throne of God. By HC.
Can you explain how this works. For example if the judgment of the living is over who can be saved except those who are being sealed? And they have already been judged so why would we attempt to bring people to Christ if only those who are already saved are being sealed? Am I misunderstanding?

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Charity] #183300
04/15/17 02:30 PM
04/15/17 02:30 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I have to say HC, I think you may be closer to the truth than many of us regarding Ellen White's position on the angel's declaration that time would be no longer. You say it applies specifically to the day and hour of Christ's return rather than being a blanket prohibition of prophetic periods after 1844. That's a point worth considering.

Another of her statements suggests that her meaning is that time prophecy will never be a testing truth again. In the context of the angel's declaration ending time she says it shows that the people will never be tested on time again as they were in 1844.

Taken together, these two ideas are complementary, the one helping to interpret the other.

This is a good lesson for us. If you lived in America in 1844, you didn't need to have a completely correct understanding of the meaning of Daniel 8:14 for it to be a testing, present truth. God was speaking through Miller to America. Miller wasn't completely right but his message, the kingdom is at hand in the year 1844, was still testing truth.

That is why being a scoffer is often fatal. Those who scoffed at Miller felt they were justified when his prediction proved false as they thought. Small consolation for the spiritual death that resulted from their unbelief.

Last edited by Mark Shipowick; 04/15/17 02:34 PM.
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: His child] #183304
04/16/17 12:32 PM
04/16/17 12:32 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: Alchemy

But HC, March 27 to April 1 didn't work out the way you thought! Have you accounted for that in these conclusions that you have drawn?

yes

There are those who study the Bible (and make mistakes from time to time). There are those who constructively interact with them and contribute to the study and increase knowledge. There are those who are the accusers of the brethren. And there are a lot of people all along the spectrum between encourager and accuser who do not know where they are in Bible prophecy.

Bible prophecy study is a learning experience. For we know in part and when that which is perfect is come, we know more.

My original understanding was that if President Obama left office on 20 January 2017, that Christ would have to come by 19 January 2018.

Or Obama would have to return to office before 20 January 2018. More study led me to go with 28 March date as the Babylonian New Year's Day. Someone told me on this forum that 28 March could not be Babylon's New Year's Day.

28 March was Nisan 1 (New Year's Day on the Hebrew calendar this year)

But if some want to toss the baby out with the wash water... But I believe that my understanding is closer than some folks think and when more pieces of the puzzle are understood, the blessing will be self evident.

I'll admit that I've mistakes in my understanding of things at times. But, I learn from those mistakes and adjust my thinking to the new information.

It doesn't seem that is happening. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Alchemy] #183311
04/17/17 05:08 AM
04/17/17 05:08 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

I'll admit that I've mistakes in my understanding of things at times. But, I learn from those mistakes and adjust my thinking to the new information.

I've been reading HC's (Henry's) posts for approximately twenty years now. He will only admit to making a "little" mistake, and that he now has new information to show a new approximate time period. It's happened many times now. It started back when John Paul II was the pope and Bill Clinton was the president.
It would be interesting to compile all the "present truth" predictions made over those years that just didn't happen.

It's like building sand castles and urging everyone to seek refuge in those sand castles or drown, but every time a wave comes and washes their sand castle away, instead of realizing this speculation its self is the mistake, and it is NOT the third angel's message, they just go to work to build a new one ---it's an addiction this constant speculative predicting.

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Charity] #183314
04/17/17 05:13 AM
04/17/17 05:13 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
You say it applies specifically to the day and hour of Christ's return rather than being a blanket prohibition of prophetic periods after 1844. That's a point worth considering.

The testimonies not only condemn setting a specific day for Christ's return, they warn us not to even give an approximate time == like in one or two or five years.

See the quotes in this post

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Charity] #183315
04/17/17 05:35 AM
04/17/17 05:35 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
That is why being a scoffer is often fatal. Those who scoffed at Miller felt they were justified when his prediction proved false as they thought. Small consolation for the spiritual death that resulted from their unbelief.
But Mr Miller was so wrong in certain of his "predictions," and doctrine; and it does no good in advancing Bible truth to scoff at scoffers of his "message." While Miller did evince some truths, important truths; he also couched them in cherished error and theories:

Quote:
"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." (Mat 24:36)

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." (Mark 13:32)
It is a wrong, a very wrong use of the testimonies, when they are used to discount the very plain declarations of scripture, which need NO "interpretation" that would change the meaning thereof to something that Jesus has never said.

God Gives No Authority To Set A Time For Christ’s Return
Quote:
But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Mat_24:36, NRSV. {CTr 343.1}

Your views have found favor with some,but it is because these
persons have not discernment to see the true bearing of the
arguments you present.

They have had but a limited experience in the work of God for this time, and they do not see where your views would lead them. They are ready to assent to your statements;they see nothing in them but that which is correct. But they are misled because you have woven together much Scripture in constructing your theory; your arguments appear conclusive to them. {CTr 343.2}

Not so, however, with those who have an experimental knowledge of the truth that applies in the last period of this earth’s history. While they see that you hold some precious truth, they see also that you have misapplied Scripture, placing it in a framework of error, where it does not belong, and making it give force to that which is not present truth. The light God has given me is that the Scriptures you have woven together you yourself do not fully understand.{CTr 343.3}

I have had to speak plainly in regard to those who were then
leading away from right paths. With pen and voice I have borne the message, “Go not ye after them.” The hardest task I ever had to do in this line was in dealing with one who, I knew, wanted to follow the Lord. For some time he had thought he was obtaining new light.

He was very ill, and must soon die.Those to whom he presented his views listened to him eagerly, and some thought him
inspired. He had a chart made and reasoned from the Scriptures to show that the Lord would come at a certain date, in 1894 I think. To many his reasoning seemed to be without a flaw. They told of his powerful exhortations in his sickroom. Most wonderful views passed before him. But what was the source of his inspiration? It was the morphine given him to relieve his pain.{CTr 343.4}

No one has a true message fixing the time when Christ is to come or not to come. Be assured that God gives no one authority to say that Christ delays His coming five years, ten years, or twenty years. “Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.”{CTr 343.5}

All who are laborers together with God will contend most earnestly for the faith once delivered to the saints. They will not be turned from the present message, which is already lightening the earth with its glory. Nothing is worth contending for but the glory of God. The only rock that will stand is the Rock of Ages. The truth as it is in Jesus is the refuge in these days of error.-Letter 32, 1896. {CTr 343.6}

Last edited by The Wanderer; 04/17/17 05:42 AM.

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: dedication] #183318
04/17/17 08:30 AM
04/17/17 08:30 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: dedication

I've been reading HC's (Henry's) posts for approximately twenty years now. He will only admit to making a "little" mistake, and that he now has new information to show a new approximate time period. It's happened many times now. It started back when John Paul II was the pope and Bill Clinton was the president.
It would be interesting to compile all the "present truth" predictions made over those years that just didn't happen.

It's like building sand castles and urging everyone to seek refuge in those sand castles or drown, but every time a wave comes and washes their sand castle away, instead of realizing this speculation its self is the mistake, and it is NOT the third angel's message, they just go to work to build a new one ---it's an addiction this constant speculative predicting.

I appreciate the response dedication.

I've only been familiar with HC's thinking for a few months here and in clubadventist. I am really sorry to see people struggling over points that aren't even relevant!

I will be praying for all those here with those type of struggles.

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Charity] #183322
04/17/17 09:16 AM
04/17/17 09:16 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Quote:
The ending for the time allotted for the Judgment of the dead and the living is not the end of probation as it may appear on the surface. It is a time to bring every cast (I think you mean "case"?) current before the throne of God. By HC.

Can you explain how this works. For example if the judgment of the living is over who can be saved except those who are being sealed? And they have already been judged so why would we attempt to bring people to Christ if only those who are already saved are being sealed? Am I misunderstanding?

As I currently understand it, the time allotted for the Judgment Hour of the living ended on 14 February 2013. So the case of every living person is current in the courts of Heaven.

In other words, God is not beginning the judgment or the reviewing process of my life. He has my name written in the book of life and the Holy Spirit is sealing me. But if I fail to receive the seal or return to my rebellion, then my name is removed from the book of Life. Likewise, if those who are currently in rebellion, hear the the gospel call repent and believe on Jesus, their names will be placed in the book of life.

I would compare it to having a store's inventory done in time for taxes. But people are still able to make purchases and returns until Christ says "It is done." At that time the books are closed and all sales are final.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Charity] #183323
04/17/17 09:42 AM
04/17/17 09:42 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
I have to say HC, I think you may be closer to the truth than many of us regarding Ellen White's position on the angel's declaration that time would be no longer. You say it applies specifically to the day and hour of Christ's return rather than being a blanket prohibition of prophetic periods after 1844. That's a point worth considering.

Another of her statements suggests that her meaning is that time prophecy will never be a testing truth again. In the context of the angel's declaration ending time she says it shows that the people will never be tested on time again as they were in 1844.

Taken together, these two ideas are complementary, the one helping to interpret the other.

This is a good lesson for us. If you lived in America in 1844, you didn't need to have a completely correct understanding of the meaning of Daniel 8:14 for it to be a testing, present truth. God was speaking through Miller to America. Miller wasn't completely right but his message, the kingdom is at hand in the year 1844, was still testing truth.

Mark,

Thank you for your comments.

When the angel states "time shall be no longer" (Rev 10:5) the 2300 day prophecy ended as 2300 years at the Great disappointment in 1844. Thus long time with a day being a year ended in the book of Revelation in 1844. Thus after 1844 when time prophecy has its final fulfillment it is literal time.

EGW is hard to understand when it comes to her comments on time prophecy because she was working hard to keep the time setters in check and not wanting to make statements on time that could be misunderstood.

But when she uses the term "prophetic time" it is clear that she is speaking of the Day and Hour of Christ's Coming.

When she says the world views "all time prophecy" as being a lie and then gives her view of prophetic time, she is contrasting her view to that of the world. Thus we cannot correctly understand her position on time prophecy if we read her position as if it is the one that she is condemning.

And every time that she speaks of no time prophecy after 1844 THE CONTEXT ALWAYS has a reference to the time of Christ's Coming either directly before the statement or immediately after it. But my brothers and sisters generally take EGW out of context when it comes to her statements about time prophecy.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: The Wanderer] #183324
04/17/17 10:10 AM
04/17/17 10:10 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: The Wanderer

God Gives No Authority To Set A Time For Christ’s Return

Quote:
“Though no man knoweth the day nor the hour of His coming, we are instructed and required to know when it is near. We are further taught that to disregard His warning, and refuse or neglect to know when His Advent is near, will be as fatal for us, as it was for those who lived in the days of Noah not to know when the flood was coming.” GC88 370.2

The wise Virgins in Christ's parable received oil in their vessels with their lamps, but the foolish Virgins received their lamps [only]. There is no mention of the foolish virgins receiving either oil or vessels of oil with their lamps until after it was too late when they returned only to be refused admission to the wedding. As with the foolish virgins, some professed believers receive knowledge about Spiritual truth, but they never personally know Jesus. The foolish Virgins have “a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof” (2 Timothy 3:5). Of these, Jesus said, “I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity” (Matthew 7:23).

This is the time to be sure that we have received the vessel of oil with our lamps

God's Word Gives Authority To know when Christ’s Return is even at the door

Page 5 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 33 34

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!