HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,315 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: ProdigalOne] #188021
12/10/18 04:35 PM
12/10/18 04:35 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne

By supporting leadership that is normalizing practices such as baptism of lesbians, worship led by gays, forced participation in Jesuit meditation techniques, abandonment of the Sabbath, etc. Do we become partakers in those rebellious acts?

And supported the Nazis in WW2, and whose retirement fund is heavily invested in the arms trade.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: JAK] #188023
12/10/18 04:58 PM
12/10/18 04:58 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: JAK

By supporting leadership that is normalizing practices such as baptism of lesbians, worship led by gays, forced participation in Jesuit meditation techniques, abandonment of the Sabbath, etc. Do we become partakers in those rebellious acts?

And supported the Nazis in WW2, and whose retirement fund is heavily invested in the arms trade.

Tell me JAK, do you attend church anymore? If so, what is your denomination?

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: ProdigalOne] #188028
12/10/18 07:03 PM
12/10/18 07:03 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
I'm just a sinner saved by grace.

Last edited by Nadi; 12/10/18 07:06 PM.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: ProdigalOne] #188029
12/10/18 09:36 PM
12/10/18 09:36 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Tell me JAK, do you attend church anymore? If so, what is your denomination?
Given our past history I can't imagine why you would want to know that except to flame me.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: JAK] #188067
12/15/18 02:21 PM
12/15/18 02:21 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
I just like to know who I’m talking to, but if you prefer to hide in the shadows that’s up to you. It’s easy to sling mud from a place of concealment; although, not terribly brave...

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: Nadi] #188083
12/16/18 01:31 AM
12/16/18 01:31 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Nadi
What are your thoughts on the makeup of a church? That is to say, what is it that constitutes a denomination? If it is merely the purported belief in God, then there are no distinctions between denominations, and no SDAs.
We, with our imperfect understanding, created denominations. Do you think God, with His perfect understanding, recognizes any of our man-made divisions?

Well we as we saw in the lesson today the Sabbath is part of Creation, and foundational when it comes to worship. So whose authority you follow when it comes to worship, the Beast with its mark on the hand or forehead, or Gods mark of authority the Sabbath, does make it much clearer.

Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: Rick H] #188098
12/17/18 07:53 PM
12/17/18 07:53 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
That's one way to understand it.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: Rick H] #188117
12/22/18 10:24 AM
12/22/18 10:24 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Well in the end, we can choose all ways. But I rather stick with what is tried and true...

"Here we find the mark of the beast. The very act of changing the Sabbath into Sunday, on the part of the Catholic church, without any authority from the Bible." (Ellen G. White, The Mark of the Beast, page 23)

"The Sunday Sabbath is purely a child of the Papacy. It is the mark of the beast." (Advent Review, Vol. I, No. 2, August, 1850.)

"The change of the Sabbath is the sign or mark of the authority of the Romish church." ... "The keeping of the counterfeit Sabbath is the reception of the mark." (Ellen G. White, Great Controversy, Vol. 4, page 281.

"Then I saw that the seven last plagues were soon to be poured out upon those who have no shelter; yet the world regarded them no more than they would so many drops of water that were about to fall. I was then made capable of enduring the awful sight of the seven last plagues, the wrath of God. I saw that His anger was dreadful and terrible, and if He should stretch forth His hand, or lift it in anger, the inhabitants of the world would be as though they had never been, or would suffer from incurable sores and withering [65] plagues that would come upon them, and they would find no deliverance, but be destroyed by them. Terror seized me, and I fell upon my face before the angel and begged of him to cause the sight to be removed, to hide it from me, for it was too dreadful. Then I realized, as never before, the importance of searching the Word of God carefully, to know how to escape the plagues which that Word declares shall come on all the ungodly who shall worship the beast and his image and receive his mark in their foreheads or in their hands. It was a great wonder for me that any could transgress the law of God and tread down His holy Sabbath, when such awful threatenings and denunciations were against them.

The pope has changed the day of rest from the seventh to the first day. He has thought to change the very commandment that was given to cause man to remember his Creator. He has thought to change the greatest commandment in the decalogue and thus make himself equal with God, or even exalt himself above God. The Lord is unchangeable, therefore His law is immutable; but the pope has exalted himself above God, in seeking to change His immutable precepts of holiness, justice, and goodness. He has trampled underfoot God's sanctified day, and, on his own authority, put in its place one of the six laboring days. The whole nation has followed after the beast, and every week they rob God of His holy time. The pope has made a breach in the holy law of God, but I saw that the time had fully come for this breach to be made up by the people of God and the waste places built up.

I pleaded before the angel for God to save His people who had gone astray, to save them for His mercy's sake. When the plagues begin to fall, those who continue to break the holy Sabbath will not open their mouths to plead those excuses that they now make [66] to get rid of keeping it. Their mouths will be closed while the plagues are falling, and the great Lawgiver is requiring justice of those who have had His holy law in derision and have called it "a curse to man," "miserable," and "rickety." When such feel the iron grasp of this law taking hold of them, these expressions will appear before them in living characters, and they will then realize the sin of having that law in derision which the Word of God calls "holy, just, and good."......Early Writings

Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: JAK] #188715
03/14/19 04:11 PM
03/14/19 04:11 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Originally Posted By: JAK
So the only real question to be asking is: "Am I part of the problem, or part of the solution?"
Then ask yourself if you like the answer.

Signed: JAK the Troll.

So, I must reluctantly agree with you, JAK. You are "part of the problem", and definitely not "part of the solution". And no, I do not "like the answer".

ProdigalOne, I really think what JAK was intending with this was that EACH PERSON should ASK THEMSELVES if they are part of the problem or solution.

So to hypocritically claim that JAK is part of the problem immediately makes you......part of the problem.

The now-banned poster "JAK" was no more part of the problem than you or HCH or APL or Alchemy or dedication or anyone else who posts here. IMO he was a lot more honest than most, although he didn't use the best language to express it.

I just like to know who I’m talking to, but if you prefer to hide in the shadows that’s up to you. It’s easy to sling mud from a place of concealment; although, not terribly brave...

So...I don't see YOUR name anywhere.

Everyone has their reasons for participating on this (and other) forums and many times those reasons include inquiry in a safe environment. And by "safe" I mean "anonymous," because the SDA church really does not tolerate questioning The Prophet or The Doctrines.

So as part of the solution everyone, Nadi included, should let their responses sit for a bit and come back and read them and then ASK THEMSELVES:

Does this response address the post or the poster?
Is the tone of the response polite and inquiring or inflammatory and sarcastic?
Is this a response that will help others see the beauty of Jesus?
Does this response show the joy and character of being an SDA?

Just sayin'

Re: Apostasy of a most startling nature.... [Re: Rick H] #188716
03/14/19 08:14 PM
03/14/19 08:14 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Rick H
Well in the end, we can choose all ways. But I rather stick with what is tried and true...

"Here we find the mark of the beast. The very act of changing the Sabbath into Sunday, on the part of the Catholic church, without any authority from the Bible." (Ellen G. White, The Mark of the Beast, page 23)

"The Sunday Sabbath is purely a child of the Papacy. It is the mark of the beast." (Advent Review, Vol. I, No. 2, August, 1850.)

"The change of the Sabbath is the sign or mark of the authority of the Romish church." ... "The keeping of the counterfeit Sabbath is the reception of the mark." (Ellen G. White, Great Controversy, Vol. 4, page 281.

"Then I saw that the seven last plagues were soon to be poured out upon those who have no shelter; yet the world regarded them no more than they would so many drops of water that were about to fall. I was then made capable of enduring the awful sight of the seven last plagues, the wrath of God. I saw that His anger was dreadful and terrible, and if He should stretch forth His hand, or lift it in anger, the inhabitants of the world would be as though they had never been, or would suffer from incurable sores and withering [65] plagues that would come upon them, and they would find no deliverance, but be destroyed by them. Terror seized me, and I fell upon my face before the angel and begged of him to cause the sight to be removed, to hide it from me, for it was too dreadful. Then I realized, as never before, the importance of searching the Word of God carefully, to know how to escape the plagues which that Word declares shall come on all the ungodly who shall worship the beast and his image and receive his mark in their foreheads or in their hands. It was a great wonder for me that any could transgress the law of God and tread down His holy Sabbath, when such awful threatenings and denunciations were against them.

The pope has changed the day of rest from the seventh to the first day. He has thought to change the very commandment that was given to cause man to remember his Creator. He has thought to change the greatest commandment in the decalogue and thus make himself equal with God, or even exalt himself above God. The Lord is unchangeable, therefore His law is immutable; but the pope has exalted himself above God, in seeking to change His immutable precepts of holiness, justice, and goodness. He has trampled underfoot God's sanctified day, and, on his own authority, put in its place one of the six laboring days. The whole nation has followed after the beast, and every week they rob God of His holy time. The pope has made a breach in the holy law of God, but I saw that the time had fully come for this breach to be made up by the people of God and the waste places built up.

I pleaded before the angel for God to save His people who had gone astray, to save them for His mercy's sake. When the plagues begin to fall, those who continue to break the holy Sabbath will not open their mouths to plead those excuses that they now make [66] to get rid of keeping it. Their mouths will be closed while the plagues are falling, and the great Lawgiver is requiring justice of those who have had His holy law in derision and have called it "a curse to man," "miserable," and "rickety." When such feel the iron grasp of this law taking hold of them, these expressions will appear before them in living characters, and they will then realize the sin of having that law in derision which the Word of God calls "holy, just, and good."......Early Writings

Interesting. I am reminded of the trinity of verses I know is quite popular among SDA:

• "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples: if ye look very solemn on Saturdays." John 13:35

• "For God so loved the world that He gave us Saturday that whosoever keepeth it holy shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

• "Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for ye from the foundation of the world: for ye fought tooth and nail to rest on Saturdays." Mat. 25:34-36

Read them for yourselves! I ALWAYS encourage my audience to read the original source materials lest they become so duped by second-hand quotes and smooth misinterpretations that they wander around blindly before crashing into the ditch. Does a wise student study UFO sightings for a Chemistry exam? Why then do I see so many peering through telescopes and pouring over plates of grainy photography?

///

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!