HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188204
01/06/19 12:17 PM
01/06/19 12:17 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: His child

No. The time allotted to judge the dead and the living ended 14 February 2013. . . God cannot seal His 144,000 people with the Holy Spirit until they have been judged. And Judgment begins at the House of God.

HC, since you acknowledge the inspiration of Ellen White you have a duty to treat her writings as inspired which means allowing them to speak with their full intended meaning. We know from the inspired sources that 1) the judgment of the living is not over 2) that the latter rain has not fallen in its full measure and 3) that the three angels' messages will be repeated in power.

Regarding the last point recall that the first angel's message is that the hour of judgment has come. But you are saying it has passed. I hope you'll consider the seriousness of taking away from the message. "If any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." Rev 22:19. In denying that we are now in the "hour of His judgment", you have left the fear of God behind you in favor of your own message. We all need to reacquire that healthy fear and realign ourselves with the first angel who commands us to fear God. We want to be united in these messages under the leadership of Christ.

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Charity] #188205
01/06/19 04:39 PM
01/06/19 04:39 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

No. The time allotted to judge the dead and the living ended 14 February 2013. . . God cannot seal His 144,000 people with the Holy Spirit until they have been judged. And Judgment begins at the House of God.

Originally Posted By: Charity

HC, since you acknowledge the inspiration of Ellen White you have a duty to treat her writings as inspired which means allowing them to speak with their full intended meaning. We know from the inspired sources that 1) the judgment of the living is not over 2) that the latter rain has not fallen in its full measure and 3) that the three angels' messages will be repeated in power.

Charity. The Judgment Hour did not end while Ellen White was alive. So please give evidence that the judgment hour of the living did not end after she died in 1915. On 14 February 2013 when the hour allotted to the ten kings to bond with the papacy ended, the time allotted for the Judgment of the living ended.

Quote:
"The sins of Israel must go to judgment beforehand. Every sin must be confessed at the sanctuary, then the work will move, it must be done now. The latter rain is coming on those that are pure--all, then, will receive it as formerly. None receive the latter rain but those who do all they can. Christ will help us. All could be overcomers by the grace of God through the blood of Jesus. All heaven is interested in the work. Angels are interested. {GCDB, February 7, 1893 par. 1}

The 3 angels messages are being repeated in power: Babylon is fallen...the RC fell due to its priests' fornication scandal...come out of her My people. The Hour of His Judgment has ended..."reward unto her double" (dispense her reward...seal God's people and anoint them with the Holy Spirit). The Fourth Angel is SOUNDING NOW!

Regarding the last point recall that the first angel's message is that the hour of judgment has come. But you are saying it has passed. I hope you'll consider the seriousness of taking away from the message. "If any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." Rev 22:19. In denying that we are now in the "hour of His judgment", you have left the fear of God behind you in favor of your own message. We all need to reacquire that healthy fear and realign ourselves with the first angel who commands us to fear God. We want to be united in these messages under the leadership of Christ.

You made a great point so let's review the 3 angels messages.
In Rev 14 they are
1 The hour of His Judgment is come
2 Babylon has fallen
3 Don't take the Mark of the Beast

When they are repeated the sequencing is different

2 Babylon has fallen
1 The hour of His Judgment is come
3 Don't take the Mark of the Beast

Quote:
"Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird." Revelation 18:2. The message of the fall of Babylon, as given by the second angel, is repeated, with the additional mention of the corruptions which have been entering the churches since 1844. The work of this angel comes in at the right time to join in the last great work of the third angel's message as it swells to a loud cry. And the people of God are thus prepared to stand in the hour of temptation, which they are soon to meet. I saw a great light resting upon them, and they united to fearlessly proclaim the third angel's message. {FLB 335.4}

Notice that after the second angel's message of the fall of Babylon (in conjunction with the priests' fornication scandal) sounds the first angel's message sounds. It does not come before it here in Rev 18 as it did in Rev 14.

The judgment hour message in Revelation 18 is "For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double." 18:5-6 This is a message of the hour of dispensing the reward after the Judgment Hour is done.

Quote:
God will reward them double for their sins. Concerning Babylon, the symbol of the apostate church, He says to His ministers of judgment, "Her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double." Revelation 18:5, 6. {COL 178.4}

The message that God is dispensing the reward cannot be proclaimed until those who are to receive their reward have been judged.

This was not a message that could be proclaimed when the Judgment Hour began, but it can be proclaimed now that the time allotted has ended.

Quote:
“Her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.” “In the cup which she hath filled, fill to her double. How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her; for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire; for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her. And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, . . . saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.” [Revelation 18:5-10, 3, 15-17.] {GC88 653.1}

That ONE HOUR was the Judgment Hour of the Living when the church/state papacy was alive from the Day of Atonement 14 October 1929 until Pope Benedict resigned 14 February 2013 when the one pope at a time papacy became a two living pope papacy.

You have a good mind. Your comments are encouraging me to study more to be sure I get it right. And I am very interested on your perception. That is why God tells us to reason together, study together, and pray together and for each other.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Nadi] #188208
01/07/19 03:16 PM
01/07/19 03:16 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Nadi
Originally Posted By: kland
The first part of Revelation seems to reference the sanctuary. Was there a "probation" time during the Jewish year of the sanctuary service?

I don't think there ever was such a thing as "probation," unless the term is being used in a specialized way. In which case one would need to clarify their use of the term.
What do you think was the purpose of the sanctuary during the Jew's time, what do you think was the ultimate purpose of that picture?

Quote:
The term "probation" indicates a time period where one proves commitment, or ability, or some other such skill or characteristic.
Could it also be a time period whether you accept or reject something with nothing to do with skill or ability but with choice?

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188211
01/07/19 05:14 PM
01/07/19 05:14 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Could it also be a time period whether you accept or reject something with nothing to do with skill or ability but with choice?
BINGO!

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: kland] #188213
01/07/19 07:20 PM
01/07/19 07:20 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
What do you think was the purpose of the sanctuary during the Jew's time, what do you think was the ultimate purpose of that picture?

The purpose of the sanctuary is given in Scripture: "Then have them make a sanctuary for me, and I will dwell among them." Exodus 25:8.
Does the sanctuary point forward to Christ's sacrifice? Yes. But that is our perspective years after the events.
Did the Jews in the time of the sanctuary understand it that way? IMO, No. Some few, perhaps, like certain Bible writers. But the majority, NO.

Quote:
The term "probation" indicates a time period where one proves commitment, or ability, or some other such skill or characteristic. Could it also be a time period whether you accept or reject something with nothing to do with skill or ability but with choice?

No. That is free choice.

By the very nature of the term it indicates a proving time. The idea of a "probation" is the result of a works-based theology, where one must prove to God that you are "good enough" to take to heaven. I reject all forms of works-based religion, including the idea of perfectionism, and a probation, a close of probation, and a time period where one must live a perfect life without a mediator. All these ideas are the result of the very unfortunate (and incorrect) Investigative Judgement doctrine.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: His child] #188216
01/08/19 01:06 AM
01/08/19 01:06 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
You have a good mind. Your comments are encouraging me to study more to be sure I get it right. And I am very interested on your perception. That is why God tells us to reason together, study together, and pray together and for each other.

Like you I post my new ideas here from time to time in order to have them critiqued. That's a good idea. I've given you my perspective and it hasn't seemed to influence your thinking. For example in the post above you defended your position that the judgment of the living is past. Since we've been admonished not to debate or become involved in "doubtful disputations" but in contrast to share and teach, it's not good for either of us to belabor our views. I've shared mine but if you have any questions let me know. I'll be grateful for your prayers. You're in mine.

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Nadi] #188217
01/08/19 04:40 PM
01/08/19 04:40 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Nadi

The purpose of the sanctuary is given in Scripture: "Then have them make a sanctuary for me, and I will dwell among them." Exodus 25:8.
Does the sanctuary point forward to Christ's sacrifice? Yes. But that is our perspective years after the events.
Did the Jews in the time of the sanctuary understand it that way? IMO, No. Some few, perhaps, like certain Bible writers. But the majority, NO.
Ex 25:9 "According to all that I show you, that is, the pattern of the tabernacle and the pattern of all its furnishings, just so you shall make it.

Pattern. Could be a paper blueprint. Or an idea. Or it could be referring to something that he saw.

Heb 8:1 ¶ Now this is the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,
2 a Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected, and not man.
3 For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. Therefore it is necessary that this One also have something to offer.
4 For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law;
5 who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, "See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain."

Would you be saying that the main point of things was kept hidden from the Jews, that Moses in no way indicated to them that what they were making was a pattern of heavenly things?

Quote:
Quote:
The term "probation" indicates a time period where one proves commitment, or ability, or some other such skill or characteristic.
Quote:
Quote:

No. That is free choice.
Are you saying free choice does not involve works? That free choice only influences your mind and that your mind does not influence your works?

Quote:

By the very nature of the term it indicates a proving time. The idea of a "probation" is the result of a works-based theology, where one must prove to God that you are "good enough" to take to heaven. I reject all forms of works-based religion, including the idea of perfectionism, and a probation, a close of probation, and a time period where one must live a perfect life without a mediator. All these ideas are the result of the very unfortunate (and incorrect) Investigative Judgement doctrine.

What do you say the following is trying to get across to us? And would you say the "proving time" is over for those it's referring to?

Re 20:11 ¶ Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: kland] #188218
01/08/19 07:01 PM
01/08/19 07:01 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Ex 25:9 "According to all that I show you, that is, the pattern of the tabernacle and the pattern of all its furnishings, just so you shall make it.

Pattern. Could be a paper blueprint. Or an idea. Or it could be referring to something that he saw.
Seems pretty clear to me that Moses copied a physical item he saw in heaven, and there is no hint regarding the larger meaning. The Hebrew made items according to the pattern Moses gave them, then used these items to worship in the prescribed way. This was their religion; it centered on the sanctuary and the rites performed there. Nowhere in the OT does it equate the lamb offered as sacrifice to a coming savior. It was just the lamb for their sins. Nor does it speak at all about a probation or close of probation.

Would you be saying that the main point of things was kept hidden from the Jews, that Moses in no way indicated to them that what they were making was a pattern of heavenly things?
Of course they knew it was a pattern of heavenly things; Moses wrote that in a book. What he DID NOT write was that these things pointed to a larger picture or coming savior.

Are you saying free choice does not involve works? That free choice only influences your mind and that your mind does not influence your works?
Whether free choice involves works does not bear on whether or not there is a probation.

What do you say the following is trying to get across to us? And would you say the "proving time" is over for those it's referring to?
There is no "proving time." Only a "choosing time," which is over only at the judgement. There is no time on earth during which "probation is closed." If there are people living, they have a choice. It remains open for all time until the judgement at the second coming.

Last edited by Nadi; 01/08/19 07:05 PM.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Nadi] #188219
01/08/19 07:16 PM
01/08/19 07:16 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
The more I examine a supposed close of probation the more I realise that it is simply the old "Shut Door" doctrine in a new form, and projected to the end of time. The Shut Door doctrine was a spin-off of the unfortunate Investigative Judgement doctrine. So one sees that many false and incorrect understandings stem from that one false doctrine.

Re: God is wrapping it up! [Re: Charity] #188221
01/09/19 03:11 AM
01/09/19 03:11 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

Like you I post my new ideas here from time to time in order to have them critiqued. That's a good idea. I've given you my perspective and it hasn't seemed to influence your thinking. For example in the post above you defended your position that the judgment of the living is past. Since we've been admonished not to debate or become involved in "doubtful disputations" but in contrast to share and teach, it's not good for either of us to belabor our views. I've shared mine but if you have any questions let me know. I'll be grateful for your prayers. You're in mine.

The Scripture says let us reason together. I have shown that the hour allotted to the papacy is 83 years 4 months (beginning with the dead papacy and repeating with the living papacy). You appear to not believe it, but you have not given any evidence to show an error in the prophetic time. Without your due diligence in presenting evidence, why would you think that I would give up something that is true? Discussing facts to reach a consensus is not debating.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!