HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,639
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 17
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Kevin H, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,176 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Cut off for Christ: Disfellowshiped for following truth and conscience [Re: Green Cochoa] #190059
07/11/19 08:56 PM
07/11/19 08:56 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted by APL
The 28 FB have become a creed......And there are those that have been so indoctrinated in traditional beliefs, they cannot see the truth.

APL: -- why do you want others to change their beliefs -- yet you have your ideas in which no amount of evidence seems to engender any revision?

You have built on a different platform, thus you think your ideas are firm.

But there are many things in your belief system on sin, atonement, judgment, and Who and what Christ is and does that I can never agree with, and I have strong Biblical reasons for NOT agreeing. The main "cognitive dissonance" they cause is that I can NOT see them lining up with whole of scripture.

And why would you suggest my beliefs are built on tradition?
I've met all my challenges with over 40 years of bible study. -- and yes, I've met some serious challenges long before I knew you existed -- and found my platform of truth in scripture.

Yet can I ask a simple question? --

Are you sure YOU are not basing your belief on tradition?
I find it strange that you seem to base so much on what the "fathers' said. The "fathers" of Adventism made such and such statement, thus those who have seriously and prayerfully studied the matter from scripture and come to a different conclusion must be wrong in your opinion? If those "fathers" aren't in full agreement with today's church, does that mean we must be in error? Is there no room for doctrines to grow from the initial belief obtained in the
Connextion church from which several of the strong leaders of Adventism brought their anti-3 with them -- to grow into a deeper understanding of Who Christ is?

Isn't that what "tradition" amounts to?
The "fathers' said -- thus that is truth?
The "fathers" taught --

You talk a lot against "creeds" -- suggesting that our present statement of general agreed upon doctrines in Adventism are "like a creed".
Well, APL, what are you doing with the 1890 or 1872 statements of belief -- are you attempting to make a creed out of them?
Making them into "unchangeable" truth?

A study of Adventist history shows those pioneers were serious about finding truth, BUT it is also evident that they were not saints, I was actually amazed at how much they fought amongst themselves over doctrinal issues. Yes, they were seeking truth, but they did not arrive at full and final truth in everything -- they were trying to find it, but don't for a moment think they fully arrived.

How do you know those paragraphs you and Green quote urging me to change my beliefs weren't written to those "fathers" and "pioneers" (seems to me she was writing to people in her time) that they needed to advance and re-assess some of THEIR understanding of truth -- especially the truths concerning Christ?.

Re: Cut off for Christ: Disfellowshiped for following truth and conscience [Re: APL] #190060
07/11/19 09:16 PM
07/11/19 09:16 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted by APL
dedication - you afraid of studying the Bible with church members

Where in the world did you pick up that concept -- NO -- I'm not at all afraid to study the Bible with Church members.
But I don't arrange private meetings to pull church members away from the church and to teach them strange doctrines.
Do you even read what people write?

Originally Posted by APL
Originally Posted by Dedication
Shepherd Rod ... lots of EGW quotes.... It was a fine example of how people can compile EGW quotes to make her give an endtime scenario that was totally out of harmony with what she was actually writing.
You have never done that, right? Particularly with the issues in the Character of God issues which you so forcibly reject.

No one compiles EGW quotes as often and as lengthy as APL on this forum Anyone perusing the forum will notice and be able to verify that..
and yes, I do see it as selective, picking to render things unbalanced.
I've long known that to compile EGW quotes on these forums general does nothing more than convince onlookers that EGW contradicts herself -- simply because people refuse to see her balanced rendering of the subject.

And no I do not reject "The Character of God"
I just don't think you have a balance picture of it.

I sense two extreme poles biting each other's heads off on that subject and the whole thing destroys any real concept on the awesome holiness, righteousness, and glory of the Character of God whom we should refer to with utmost honor and respect, not in the crude way some posts (from both sides) have voiced themselves.
Thus, as a moderator, I closed those thread.

Re: Cut off for Christ: Disfellowshiped for following truth and conscience [Re: Green Cochoa] #190061
07/11/19 10:05 PM
07/11/19 10:05 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted by dedication
why do you want others to change their beliefs -- yet you have your ideas in which no amount of evidence seems to engender any revision?

You have built on a different platform, thus you think your ideas are firm.
No about of evidencee will have you mind. OF course my current beleifs are based on the Bible, EGW, and Adventist Pioneers. What is interesting is that what I have presented from the Bible/EGW/Pioneerss you today say is not true and is harming the Church. The message of Jones and Waggoner contained righteousness by Faith, and also included a non-trinitarian view which was never rebuked by EGW who was not shy in rebuking heresy, Why? Because it was truth! And the character of God message is of the same nature, preached by the same individuals, which you also reject. NOTE: it is not my roll to change anyone's belief. That is the work of the Spirit of Christ to do.

[quote=dedication]But there are many things in your belief system on sin, atonement, judgment, and Who and what Christ is and does that I can never agree with, and I have strong Biblical reasons for NOT agreeing. The main "cognitive dissonance" they cause is that I can NOT see them lining up with whole of scripture.
The WHOLE of scripture is important. 1 Corinthians 8:6, John 5:26; Ephesians 3:9, John 17:3, just a small sample that cannot be reconciled from the triniarian view.

[quoite=dedication]And why would you suggest my beliefs are built on tradition?
the idea of a trinity is not found explicitly in the Bible and is assumes, it is tradition. The position of the Father, is easily defended by the Bible.

Are you sure YOU are not basing your belief on tradition?
I could ask you the same question. My view of God and Christ as easily found from the Bible alone. It is also the belief of the Adventist Pioneers, do you really disagree with that? If you do disagree, then you need to bring the evidence, but there is very little on the trinity view and indeed they were against the heresy of the trintiy and othere Roman viewpoints.

Isn't that what "tradition" amounts to?
The "fathers' said -- thus that is truth?
The "fathers" taught -
The Adventist Pioneers were Bible students,and they rejected the trinity based on the BIBLE.

Where in the world did you pick up that concept
Ah, by what you said?

and yes, I do see it as selective, picking to render things unbalanced.
Unbalanced - when she writes plain statements, who is it that rejects them because is goes against they preconceived ideas?" Johann had no problem with what I presented from the Bible and EGW. Why wsa that? A few quotes you ultimately reject: {GC 35-37}, {COL 84.4} {DA 759.1} I could give hundreds more.

And no I do not reject "The Character of God"
I just don't think you have a balance picture of it.
Balanced? You mean like rebellion is not to be overcome by force ( the Bible view) until it is overcome by force (the traditinoal view)? SMH

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Cut off for Christ: Disfellowshiped for following truth and conscience [Re: dedication] #190062
07/12/19 12:43 AM
07/12/19 12:43 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted by APL
The 28 FB have become a creed......And there are those that have been so indoctrinated in traditional beliefs, they cannot see the truth.

APL: -- why do you want others to change their beliefs --

People think that the TRUTH naturally engenders animosity. Well, so do LIES. The animosity is NOT a satanic condition against what is good, BUT a natural consequence of the law of inertia.

• People resist change, especially when the change is seeming to strike a blow against ownership and authority. The human capacity for self-delusion is truly amazing. But no one willingly enters that state but is willing to deny some new reality for the comfort of what is known.

• Then there are those who can kill their conscience for the sake of survival or some perk they enjoy. They know they are teaching nonsense but the reality is, they claim, one cannot survive on a few "minor disputable things". They know the things are true and sharply contradict their view, but does admittance put food on the table or pay the airfare for conferences and holidays around the world? Would it provide a congregation of friends or an attentive crowd?

• And then there are those who love intellectual adventure, but pride of heart becomes like a wall against openly accepting anything. Deep down inside however, they marvel and rejoice, ponder and ruminate. By and by, in a year or two, they repeat those new ideas in their own unique way as their own to a different set of people.

LIFE IS COMPLEX AND THE WISE KNOW THIS.

When Jesus was about to ascend to heaven, he told his disciples, "you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." Acts 1:8. In Jerusalem? Where they killed him? Really? Do you know why? Because some seeds take time to spout. And the harvest can sometimes be unexpectedly huge! The Jews were the very people God warned NOT to worship any man! To put a man to death for claiming to be God was THE LAW. It was going to take a resurrection from the dead to lift the veil from their eyes; and God was patient enough to allow for that.

An evangelist, a true evangelist is always aware of these things. Does a woman immediately embrace a man who approaches her? Does she not test him and try him and prolong the time? But if that man will be patient and not relent, he might end up in prison but she will, after considering all things, read his letters all over again, repent and come and visit him, even bring food for him and work diligently to set him free for her own dear self.

///

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/20/24 12:54 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!