HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,645
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 18
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (daylily, TheophilusOne, Karen Y, 1 invisible), 2,674 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: James Peterson] #189981
07/05/19 02:14 PM
07/05/19 02:14 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted by James Peterson
Originally Posted by Daryl
Originally Posted by James Peterson
Originally Posted by His Child
When Jesus ascended to heaven to present Himself before the Father the record of our confessed and forsaken sins were taken to heaven to the presence of God.

And the Biblical evidence for this is? ....

///

I would ask, does this go against the Bible?

Of course!

Jesus Christ was "the Lamb of God," according to John the Baptist, "who takes away the sin of the world." John 1:29. He didn't take it anywhere. He took it all away. John did NOT say that Jesus was the Lamb of God who took the sin of the world somewhere. In other words, Calvary stands as the overarching evidence that the sin of the world was forgiven, thrown into the depths of the sea, never more to be remembered.

That is why Jesus told Nicodemus, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16 And He showed an example of this with the thief on the cross, "Assuredly, I say to you today," He said, "you will be with Me in Paradise." Luke 23:43. Based solely on an act of faith in Him.

The Book of Hebrews assures us, "For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified." Heb. 10:14 Perfected as in cleansed, atoned for completely. It is our responsibility thereafter to respond accordingly to that gift of salvation. That's all.

"My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world." 1 John 2:1-2

***? ///

James all of what you have said from the Bible is true. THAT IS NOT IN DISPUTE. BUT: If Jesus paid it all at Calvary and there was no need for Him to confess our names before the Father, why did Jesus PROMISE:

Revelation 3:5 "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."

I was not born when Jesus died on Calvary. I had not even tried to overcome anything at that time. As being yet unborn, how could a case be made before the angels as to if I would claim Jesus as my Savior?

The Biblical sequence is the sinner offers the lamb. The blood records the confession of sin and the sinner's sincerity to accept the atonement through the blood. The blood is placed under the altar until the altar is cleansed Then if the repentant sinner is sincere (he will be demonstrating it on Yom Kippur...during the earthly sanctuary period and by his faithfulness during the heavenly sanctuary period). In the Christian dispensation. the LAMB was Jesus and it is not necessary to bring a sacrificial animal to an earthly priest in the plan of Salvation. In fact, to reestablish the sacrificial system would be to deny the all-sufficiency of the blood of Jesus. Then Jesus confesses the sinner as forgiven before God and the angels: God accepts Jesu's testimony and the forgiven sinner's name is retained in the book of life.

What part of that scenario is not biblical?

Last edited by His child; 07/05/19 02:20 PM. Reason: clarity

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189982
07/05/19 06:55 PM
07/05/19 06:55 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted by His child
The evidence was presented in the original post. You ignored it or rejected it, and acted like it was not there.
I looked, but nothing about when the Jewish year started. Guess I'm ignoring nothing that was presented. And where you made a word play on English personal pronouns, Last "trump" shall sound...

the omega W is a duo U

I'd go with the W is a duo U. But you had to sneak in "omega W". Kind of like saying, Pence is for God's people....

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: kland] #189984
07/06/19 12:04 AM
07/06/19 12:04 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted by kland
The evidence was presented in the original post. You ignored it or rejected it, and acted like it was not there.
I looked, but nothing about when the Jewish year started. Guess I'm ignoring nothing that was presented. And where you made a word play on English personal pronouns, Last "trump" shall sound...

Kland,
On my statement, I am in error. Please accept my apology.
Sometimes some material is common knowledge or readily available and does not require more than a passing comment.

I was working on the post that I thought I had shared when I got sidetracked with your question. I have not posted the material that I had prepared.

This is the comment that I thought I had posted here.

Under the Mosaic system the cleansing of the sanctuary, or the great Day of Atonement, occurred on the tenth day of the seventh Jewish month (Leviticus 16:29-34) ?

I have a Gregorian-Hebrew calendar that aligns the Hebrew holidays with the Days of the week that we generally use and the months of both systems are synchronized on it.

If you question the fact about when Yom Kippur occurred in 2001, please feel free to look it up wherever you like. And if you should find that the day that I stated is incorrect, I will gladly examine your research. Since it is fairly recent history, there are many resources that have that information available.

our little aside dose not affect the facts in my original presentation. They have not changed. You can easily verify them if you question them as you can verify that the Greeks use a W as an omega symbol in the lower case. But If you want to challenge what you refuse to believe, it is your prerogative.

Anytime information is presented in a systematic format, it is important to understand the chain of data presented. If the chain is incorrect, it cannot lead to the correct answer / conclusion. If the data chain is correct but challenged erroneously, those who cannot see the facts will not be able to follow them to the correct conclusion.

more later
Christian regards

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189987
07/06/19 02:03 PM
07/06/19 02:03 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted by His Child
If the chain is incorrect, it cannot lead to the correct answer / conclusion.

• That's your problem. You lay much stock in a LITERAL READING of Rev. 3:5, "He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels." But consider ...

• Rev. 3:12, "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God ..." Do you plan on being a literal pillar in a temple? Or this ...

• Rev. 3:21, "To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." How massively long is that throne that it would accommodate billions of people sitting side by side; and over whom are they presiding when everyone of them is sitting on the long, long throne?

It is a foolish thing to base your fundamental beliefs on a literal reading of symbolic scripture. Here now, you are going around telling people that that in heaven they would be turned into dead stone pillars and placed on an extremely long throne in heaven. Does that even begin to make sense? No! Therefore, repent and believe the truth. There is no such thing as an investigative judgment.

Blotting out of books and confessing of names before angels do not refer to any heavenly solemn ceremony, but speak of the willingness of God to forgive the over-comers and to make of them a nation (a register of citizens by name) like He did with Israel of old. That's all.

There is no such thing as poring over endless pages of a big fat book with a spying glass, looking for sins, by the High Priest on the Day of Atonement. Speak the truth; and people would believe you. Lie to them, and all your credibility goes down the drain.

///

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189991
07/06/19 06:29 PM
07/06/19 06:29 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I am thinking that this is becoming a predominate topic in an off-topic thread and should probably be discussed in its own separate thread.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: Daryl] #190005
07/07/19 12:31 PM
07/07/19 12:31 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
I am thinking that this is becoming a predominate topic in an off-topic thread and should probably be discussed in its own separate thread.

I guess you're right. It's more of a foundation issue to his prognostication rather than about the latter itself. There is also a parallel discussion going on about the Greek alphabet between His Child (OP) and Kland and then there is another about the meanings of words. His Child has skipped over these fundamental concepts in a strange haste to be prophetic.

It's like watching a child learn to walk. In his eagerness to reach across the room, he keeps stumbling and falling, either not having first mastered the skill of one step at a time, one foot then the other ... or being simply indifferent about it ... or assuming that he had it all figured out ... until he is put to the test.

///

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: Daryl] #190018
07/08/19 08:57 AM
07/08/19 08:57 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

The aside was essentially a waste of time.
But if others would like to chase that rabbit, in another thread,
perhaps some good will come of it?

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #190022
07/08/19 01:06 PM
07/08/19 01:06 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

Under the Mosaic system the cleansing of the sanctuary, or the great Day of Atonement, occurred on the tenth day of the seventh Jewish month (Leviticus 16:29-34) ?

And when is the 7th Jewish month? Which becomes, when is the 1st Jewish month?

If you question the fact about when Yom Kippur occurred in 2001, please feel free to look it up wherever you like. And if you should find that the day that I stated is incorrect, I will gladly examine your research.
Can you prove from the Bible, and not from many other resources, when the Jewish year starts?

You chain IS incorrect.
In fact, the first link is not even there.

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: kland] #190027
07/09/19 07:59 AM
07/09/19 07:59 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

And when is the 7th Jewish month? Which becomes, when is the 1st Jewish month?

If you question the fact about when Yom Kippur occurred in 2001, please feel free to look it up wherever you like. And if you should find that the day that I stated is incorrect, I will gladly examine your research.

Can you prove from the Bible, and not from many other resources, when the Jewish year starts?

You chain IS incorrect.
In fact, the first link
is not even there.

If you think that I have spoken in error: Prove it. Show us.
So far the only thing that you have proved is that you create doubt when you do not like truth.
Beware That is the technique that Satan used in Heaven when he led his rebellion against God.
If I am in error, I want to know my error, so I can search more diligently for truth.
But you manifest an unteachable doubting spirit.

The Bible study was briefly paused to review everything and to double check the facts.
The review is almost done and the study will soon be concluded
With the proclamation of the Third Angel's Message
When the power spoken of in the 30th verse is in place the final events will be rapid ones.

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #190028
07/09/19 11:11 AM
07/09/19 11:11 AM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Show us the truth then.

Your error is outsourcing your thinking to others. Others differ widely. Is truth ever determined by a majority vote?

Think for yourself. Show from the Bible when the Jewish year starts.

It appears that why you have yet to even attempt to show it, is because you have never given it a thought.

If you are making prophetic statements based upon the Jewish year, then would it be out of the way for you to at least make an effort to show when the Jewish year starts from the Bible?
That's not asking too much, is it?

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:18 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:15 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:09 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/21/24 04:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!