Originally Posted by dedication
Back in the 1970's when we were deluged with strong pressure to reject Adventism -- we studied like never before-- sat down and read ALL of Paul's letters from beginning to end. Then went through them again making notes, comparing, praying. -- It became rather obvious that those accusing us of "proof texting" were very skilfully "proof texting" and all the talk of Adventists taking things out of context was obviously very much their problem. -- I should write a book about it some day.

Zechariah in prophecy said, "And it shall come to pass in all the land, says the Lord, that two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die, but one-third shall be left in it: I will bring the one-third through the fire, will refine them as silver is refined, and test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name and I will answer them. I will say, This is My people; and each one will say, The Lord is my God." Zech. 13:8-9

But many people resist the tests, refinement and purification of God and seek to sit in caves away from the world to hear the smooth and pleasing echoes of their own voices. As long as there is life, there is growth but arms that are kept bandaged close to the chest wither with time. Hearts that are never exposed become cold and hard. And minds that remain adamantly closed spiral into delusions of grandeur away from reality.

With the passage of time, the changing of the seasons reveals new things. It is written, "In that He says, A new covenant, God has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away." Heb. 8:13