HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,603
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 3,061 guests, and 21 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10? [Re: Rick H] #191230
11/11/19 01:14 PM
11/11/19 01:14 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Since you accuse me of a simpleton, make your answer simple for such one. Do not answer questions not asked, but answer this simple question regarding Daniel 2:

>>>>Who is the second king of silver and the third king of bronze?<<<<<

Re: What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10? [Re: kland] #191244
11/12/19 02:55 PM
11/12/19 02:55 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted by kland
Since you accuse me of a simpleton, make your answer simple for such one. Do not answer questions not asked, but answer this simple question regarding Daniel 2:

>>>>Who is the second king of silver and the third king of bronze?<<<<<

Kland,

Please forgive me if I came across as calling you a simpleton. It was never my intention to say or imply any such thing.
2) Silver=Evil-Merodach [Nebuchadnezzar?s son],
3) Bronze= Neriglissar [Nebuchadnezzar?s son-in-law],

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10? [Re: Rick H] #191248
11/12/19 03:05 PM
11/12/19 03:05 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Thank you for answering my question.

Seems we've had it wrong all these decades.....
Did he just have those two sons/inlaws?

Re: What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10? [Re: kland] #191250
11/12/19 11:21 PM
11/12/19 11:21 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Thank you for answering my question.

Seems we've had it wrong all these decades.....
Did he just have those two sons/inlaws?

No we had it right as far as God would allow us to understand it.
Knowledge was promised to increase.
The local application of Daniel 2 was about Nebuchadnezzar's dynasty

Nebuchadnezzar?s dynasty fulfilled Daniel 2 and Jeremiah?s prophecy:
1) Nebuchadnezzar,
2) Evil-Merodach [son]
3) Neriglissar [Nebuchadnezzar?s son-in-law],
4) Nabonidus [Nebuchad?nezzar?s son-in-law], and
5) Belshazzar [Nebuchadnezzar?s grandson], who co-ruled with Nabonidus until Babylon fell. Though Jeremiah did not elaborate that more than three kings would rule from Nebuchadnezzar until his grandson, Jeremiah?s prophecy was fulfilled by Nebuchadnezzar, Evil-Merodach [his son], and Belshazzar [his grandson].

The prophetic events related in Nebuchadnezzar?s dream [Daniel 2] were of consequence to him?wise men should not place upon it a false interpretation. The lessons taught by the dream were given by God for those who live in our day. The inability of the wise men to tell the dream is a representation of the limitations of the wise men of the present day, who, not having wisdom and discernment from the Most High, are unable to under-stand the prophecies... The man who is not listening to hear what the Lord says in His word, and who is not opening his heart to receive this word, that he may give it to others, is not a representative of the God of heaven. Not many great and learned men of the earth will gladly receive the truth unto eternal life, though to all of them the truth will be proclaimed. YI, November 24, 1903 par. 1

Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, My servant; and the beasts of the field have I given him also to serve him. And all nations shall serve him, and his son, and his son?s son, until the very time of his land come: and then many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of him. And it shall come to pass, [that] the nation and kingdom which will not serve the same Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, and that will not put their neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, that nation will I punish, saith the LORD, with the sword, and with the famine, and with the pestilence, until I have consumed them by his hand. Therefore hearken not ye to your prophets, nor to your diviners, nor to your dreamers, nor to your enchanters, nor to your sorcerers, which speak unto you, saying, Ye shall not serve the king of Babylon: For they prophesy a lie unto you, to remove you far from your land; and that I should drive you out, and ye should perish. But the nations that bring their neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, and serve him, those will I let remain still in their own land, saith the LORD; and they shall till it, and dwell therein (cf Jeremiah 27:4-11)

This Babylonian dynasty only partially fulfilled Daniel 2
When Daniel 7 introduced the great kingdoms, that expanded and explained Daniel 2 to be the Great kingdoms as well as the kings. This was all true, but both applications only partial fulfilled the prophecy.

Because God said that the book of Daniel was to be sealed until the endtime (cf Daniel 12:4, 9)

In the endtime the meaning of the 4 sea beasts was revealed to be kingdoms but these kingdoms from the sea are not the kings from the earth. earth and sea are different. And the known kingdoms only foreshadow the unknown kings that were to arise in the endtime.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10? [Re: His child] #191255
11/14/19 08:49 AM
11/14/19 08:49 AM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted by His child

1) Nebuchadnezzar,
2) Evil-Merodach [son]
3) Neriglissar [Nebuchadnezzar?s son-in-law],
4) Nabonidus [Nebuchad?nezzar?s son-in-law], and
5) Belshazzar [Nebuchadnezzar?s grandson], who co-ruled with Nabonidus until Babylon fell. Though Jeremiah did not elaborate that more than three kings would rule from Nebuchadnezzar until his grandson, Jeremiah?s prophecy was fulfilled by Nebuchadnezzar, Evil-Merodach [his son], and Belshazzar [his grandson].
I see now looking back, you had given an answer to my question which was lost among other answers.
So help me here. Remember I'm a simpleton.
Go through your answer above showing how each part fits the dream.

Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, My servant; and the beasts of the field have I given him also to serve him. And all nations shall serve him, and his son, and his son?s son, until the very time of his land come: and then many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of him.

How do your quotes from Ellen White relate to his sons being the parts of the dream?

Re: What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10? [Re: kland] #191256
11/14/19 10:51 AM
11/14/19 10:51 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
I see now looking back, you had given an answer to my question which was lost among other answers.
So help me here. Remember I'm a simpleton.
Go through your answer above showing how each part fits the dream.

1) Nebuchadnezzar, ?...???...??...???...?...????......Head of gold
2) Evil-Merodach [son]
, ?...??????...???...?????...chest and arms silver
3) Neriglissar [Nebuchadnezzar?s son-in-law], ...???......????.brass midsection
4) Nabonidus [Nebuchad?nezzar?s son-in-law],...??...?????...iron leg that extends into iron clay foot
5) Belshazzar [Nebuchadnezzar?s grandson], ??.?...?????...iron leg that extends into iron clay foot

If you prefer Nabonidus could be thought of as the iron legs and Belshazzar the iron and clay feet, but as I understand it from Hebrew thought, the word for hand is the same as the word for forearm. Thus, the concept of the leg extending into the foot. In the idol in Daniel 2 the iron extends into the feet that mingle with clay. In this partial fulfillment the legs of Daniel 2: Nabonidus and Belshazzar co ruled (2 legs) and they mixed church craft into their reigns. Nabonidus abandoned Babylon to his son while he went to Saudi Arabia to build temples to the moon god. And Belshazzar took the gold cups and vessels that had been dedicated to God to use them at his drunken orgy the night he fell. They both mixed churchcraft and statecraft.

How do your quotes from Ellen White relate to his sons being the parts of the dream?

The prophet Jeremiah states:

Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, My servant; and the beasts of the field have I given him also to serve him. And all nations shall serve him, and his son, and his son's son, until the very time of his land come: and then many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of him (cf Jeremiah 27:4-11)

Re: Nebuchadnezzar the head of gold according to EGW
The historic events related in the king's dream were of consequence to him {SpTEd 11.2}

The context of EGW's quoting Daniel 4 can be linked to Kings Neriglissar (brass), Nabonidus, and Belshazzar (iron):

The last dream which God gave to Nebuchadnezzar, and the experience of the king in connection with it, contain lessons of vital importance to all those who are connected with the work of God. The king was troubled with his dream; for it was evidently a prediction of adversity, and none of his wise men would attempt to interpret it. The faithful Daniel stood before the king, not to flatter, not to misinterpret in order to secure favor. A solemn duty rested upon him to tell the king of Babylon the truth. He said: "My lord, the dream be to them that hate thee, and the interpretation thereof to thine enemies. The tree that thou sawest, which grew, and was strong, whose height reached unto the heaven, and the sight thereof to all the earth; whose leaves were fair, and the fruit thereof much, and in it was meat for all; under which the beasts of the field dwelt, and upon whose branches the fowls of the heaven had their habitation: it is thou, O king, that art grown and become strong: for thy greatness is grown, and reacheth unto heaven, and thy dominion to the end of the earth. And whereas the king saw a watcher and an holy one coming down from heaven, and saying, Hew the tree down, and destroy it; yet leave the stump of the roots thereof in the earth, even with a band of iron and brass, in the tender grass of the field; and let it be wet with the dew of heaven, and let his portion be with the beasts of the field, till seven times pass over him; this is the interpretation, O king, and this is the decree of the Most High, which is come upon my lord the king: that they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and they shall wet thee with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over thee, till thou know that the Most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will. And whereas they commanded to leave the stump of the tree roots; thy kingdom shall be sure unto thee, after that thou shalt have known that the heavens do rule. Wherefore, O king, let my counsel be acceptable unto thee, and break off thy sins by righteousness, and thine iniquities by showing mercy to the poor; if it may be a lengthening of thy tranquillity. {RH, September 8, 1896 par. 5}

Re: Nabonidus and Belshazzar iron legs that extend into and mix with clay in the feet mixed churchcraft and statecraft.
God's sacred work is represented by the feet of the image in which the iron was mixed with the miry clay...The mingling of churchcraft and statecraft is represented by the iron and the clay. {4BC 1168.8}

Re: What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10? [Re: Rick H] #191280
11/18/19 12:26 PM
11/18/19 12:26 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
How do Nabonidus and Belshazzar represent iron legs mixed with clay? (wasn't it feet, anyway, not legs?)

Re: What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10? [Re: kland] #191284
11/18/19 07:11 PM
11/18/19 07:11 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
How do Nabonidus and Belshazzar represent iron legs mixed with clay? (wasn't it feet, anyway, not legs?)

Not communicating well, sorry

Re: What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10? [Re: Rick H] #195635
04/08/23 02:00 PM
04/08/23 02:00 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I think its clear we are at the time of the end, so its unveiled , or its of little value and does not hold true to the clear meaning of Daniel 12.

Re: What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10? [Re: Rick H] #195636
04/09/23 02:38 AM
04/09/23 02:38 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Yes, we are at the time of the end.
Since most of the previous posts were on Daniel 2, I'll comment on that.

DANIEL TWO

The image is BABYLON -- spiritual Babylon that is -- that was developed throughout history.

1. It began with ancient Babylon as it's head,
2. Moved to Media Persia with it's "infallible laws" (chest)
3. Advanced to Greece whose philosophies and gnostic thinking formed much of modern religious thinking. (thighs)
4. Moved on to pagan Rome with its military might (legs)
5. Then splintered into 10 Divisions that mixed state might with religious traditions.

The whole image is the Babylon we still find in the end of time.

It is the counterfeit "metal man" trying to have dominion.
The fallen power -- Come out of Babylon my people.

It will again be erected and the command will go forth that ALL must bow down and worship it or be killed.

Our worship belongs to the REAL Divine man --Jesus Christ who is depicted in Dan 10:5-7,
Dan. 12:6 "the man clothed in linen, which [was] upon the waters of the river", whom Daniel called "My Lord." 12:7
And He will deliver His people. Just as He delivered Daniel's three friends in the fiery furnance.

Last edited by dedication; 04/09/23 10:29 AM.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by dedication. 04/29/24 07:16 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!