HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,069 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: The Whites' Thoughts on Quarantine, Fumigation, and Church Attendance while Sick [Re: Theophilus] #192546
06/14/20 09:31 PM
06/14/20 09:31 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted by Theophilus
Well, whatever, lockdown and quarantine were working until folks decided enough was enough. now the numbers are increasing again.
And the numbers are?

Have you noticed the "flattening the curve" gives no numbers? Would that mean it's based upon artistic conjecture rather than scientific facts of numbers?

Cant for the life of me understand what you two are on about. If someone is ill, and it's contagious, and you get around them, there a good possibility you will get whatever it is, unless perhaps your immune system is strong.
And as others have pointed out, that's the problem. They aren't quarantining ill contagious people, but healthy people. Why? They didn't with last year's flu. Why this year's?

How is lockdown hurting--it isn't.
Better ask that of those who have had no job for the past several months, and threatened being evicted.
Better ask those landlords where they can't evict non-paying tenants but still have to meet their mortgage payments.
Better check around and see all the harm that is being done.
But I'm glad you are not experiencing any.

And social distancing is fine-this thing is respiratory--sneezing or coughing spreads it.
Could you show the scientific study of how the proper distance was determined?
How was the number of people in public places arrived at?
Do you really think limiting to 10, 25, 50 people would really stop the spread?

Look at the numbers in the US-- we have a ton of positive tests.
How many?
Compare that with how many get the flu each year?

It went down, now it's going back up because
Was that a scientifically arrived at conclusion or speculation?
I might sound like coming across wrong, but should we not critically think about these things?
Ever hear the advertisement that this product is better because it has "more"?
You should instantly ask, "more what?"

According to the Governor, the rise is due to increased testing.

to find a conspiracy
For me to believe it's not a conspiracy, would require them not saying there's an "outbreak" and then finding out that there were 2 people.
Not saying
resurgence of coronavirus cases across the country
and finding they "didn?t specify the number of cases linked to the party". What, 2 people, 4 people?
No talk of "surge", "wave", "soaring", "disastrous cluster" (3 deaths) when we're talking about minimum numbers in absolute terms, and a fraction of what happens in past flu years, and heart disease, and drunk driving, etc., etc.
Does the arbitrary social distancing prevent disease from spreading?
Or does wearing masks prevent disease from spreading?
So if either prevent disease from spreading, then if you have the disease, wear a mask and maintain the distance, you should be free to go anywhere, right?
Not building whole new wings of a hospital and never having a patient in those wings, and having no current virus patients and having treated less than a dozen over the whole time.

These are a few reasons why I see the whole lockdown as a hoax. Especially when in October, they got together to practice for a pandemic, and lo and behold, we have something to put to a "live exercise". A "solution" looking for a problem.

Theophilus, do you think there is a slightest possibility you are reacting just as they want people to react? No checking of the actual numbers. Do you think you are being groomed for "the second wave", and all that's being planned starting this fall? Conditioned that locking up healthy people is prudent and proper, STAFF EDIT

Last edited by Daryl; 06/22/20 12:20 PM. Reason: Staff Edit to remove inappropriate wording.
Re: The Whites' Thoughts on Quarantine, Fumigation, and Church Attendance while Sick [Re: dedication] #192547
06/14/20 09:34 PM
06/14/20 09:34 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted by dedication

The legislation really is very arbitrary -- which is very obvious now.
In one city, thousands of protesters crowd the streets and NOTHING is done because it is their "RIGHT"????? But in a park, on the same day, in the same town a couple mothers took their kids to a play park and were FINED.
So the only "right" of congregating that is still respected, is
-- the right to protest political stuff, and to riot, steal, and destroy?????

Guess if you're sitting at a park bench, tell the officer you are protesting the lockdown.

Re: The Whites' Thoughts on Quarantine, Fumigation, and Church Attendance while Sick [Re: Green Cochoa] #192548
06/14/20 09:37 PM
06/14/20 09:37 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Is the government's purpose to protect our health?

If so, then what about shutting down all alcohol beverages?
What about banning all junk food. New York tried to make a profit on it.

I don't see protecting our health is a government's job. Building roads seems like a good thing.

Re: The Whites' Thoughts on Quarantine, Fumigation, and Church Attendance while Sick [Re: Green Cochoa] #192549
06/14/20 09:40 PM
06/14/20 09:40 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted by Green Cochoa
I've been attending a small group "church" now for at least a month and a half. If I had not found this group, I don't know where I'd be. Praise God for their fellowship! No masks at church, no talk of COVID, no gel, no fear. Just plain old-fashioned worship in sincerity and truth.
What's really pitiful is I've heard that some churches are meeting, but the pastor is scared and stays home.
What's going to happen when they pass the sunday laws?

Re: The Whites' Thoughts on Quarantine, Fumigation, and Church Attendance while Sick [Re: Theophilus] #192563
06/16/20 07:37 PM
06/16/20 07:37 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
How is lockdown hurting--it isn't.

How would it hurt to just say that those who are fearful and worry about dying to stay home, and let the rest of us to go about life?

Re: The Whites' Thoughts on Quarantine, Fumigation, and Church Attendance while Sick [Re: kland] #192578
06/18/20 09:05 PM
06/18/20 09:05 PM
ProdigalOne  Online Content
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted by kland
Germ theory or soil theory?

Sounds like Ellen White believed in the soil/terrain theory.

Coronavirus Crisis Reopens 150-Year-Old Controversy

Kland, thank you for the excellent linked article! The linked Vitamin D Institute page, inside of the article, is extremely informative!

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: The Whites' Thoughts on Quarantine, Fumigation, and Church Attendance while Sick [Re: kland] #192592
06/19/20 11:10 PM
06/19/20 11:10 PM
T
Theophilus  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
I do not think it is a hoax, nor do I believe I'm overreacting and all the sheeple bunk.

When we are talking about COVID what the best thing to look at is the R naught number.

What the R number is is the exponential growth, more or less.

Initially, COVID was about 3.5 , meaning that if 1 person was infected, he/she would infect 3.5 more, and each of those 3.5 more. You can see the spread--it would be quick and affect a lot of people.

OTOH, flu usually has an R of 1.3--so every person who got flu would infect 1.3 people. If it is a bad flu year, R would be higher.

The goal is to get the R value at 1 or<1

The masks are necessary to protect others. The social distancing has been calculated at 6 ft because a sneeze or cough will dissipate a lot through that distance.

If we all run back to church without proper procedure in place, we run the risk or getting the virus and giving it to loved ones.

If we are masking and social distancing, it would be ok for some to attend church. I would assume the seating would have to moved round to accomodate..I am not going however, not until the R value gets lower. I think that is a good decision for me--doesn't make me a sheeple--

It was going down, but some folks overdid the running back out, and it is increasing the amount of infection.

I already talked about the Angel of Death, and the children of Israel staying inside. Also know, Our Lord said there would be pestilences. Remember the flu of 1918? R was 1.4-2.8. I read in Copenhagen it got as high as 5.

This is what there was a "just in case" pandemic model created for: to use in the event of a problem such at this. Things move around the world more quickly these days. And we are gonna have more pestilences, too. Jesus put an "s" on pestilence, so it's plural.

We just need to get the R value down to 1 or less, and we'll be fine.

What I have presented here is sound to me.

I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which Thou hast shewed unto Thy servant;...
Gen 32:10
Re: The Whites' Thoughts on Quarantine, Fumigation, and Church Attendance while Sick [Re: Theophilus] #192596
06/20/20 06:42 AM
06/20/20 06:42 AM
ProdigalOne  Online Content
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
I do not think it is a hoax, nor do I believe I'm overreacting and all the sheeple bunk.

When we are talking about COVID what the best thing to look at is the R naught number.

What the R number is is the exponential growth, more or less.

Initially, COVID was about 3.5 , meaning that if 1 person was infected, he/she would infect 3.5 more, and each of those 3.5 more. You can see the spread--it would be quick and affect a lot of people.

OTOH, flu usually has an R of 1.3--so every person who got flu would infect 1.3 people. If it is a bad flu year, R would be higher.

The goal is to get the R value at 1 or<1

The masks are necessary to protect others. The social distancing has been calculated at 6 ft because a sneeze or cough will dissipate a lot through that distance.

If we all run back to church without proper procedure in place, we run the risk or getting the virus and giving it to loved ones.

If we are masking and social distancing, it would be ok for some to attend church. I would assume the seating would have to moved round to accomodate..I am not going however, not until the R value gets lower. I think that is a good decision for me--doesn't make me a sheeple--

It was going down, but some folks overdid the running back out, and it is increasing the amount of infection.

I already talked about the Angel of Death, and the children of Israel staying inside. Also know, Our Lord said there would be pestilences. Remember the flu of 1918? R was 1.4-2.8. I read in Copenhagen it got as high as 5.

This is what there was a "just in case" pandemic model created for: to use in the event of a problem such at this. Things move around the world more quickly these days. And we are gonna have more pestilences, too. Jesus put an "s" on pestilence, so it's plural.

We just need to get the R value down to 1 or less, and we'll be fine.

What I have presented here is sound to me. I don't see any sheeple.

You are assuming the rulers of this world are not lying to you.
It is interesting that straying from the official narrative has gotten many people censored on facebook, youtube, etc...

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: The Whites' Thoughts on Quarantine, Fumigation, and Church Attendance while Sick [Re: ProdigalOne] #192601
06/20/20 01:33 PM
06/20/20 01:33 PM
T
Theophilus  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
. Jesus said there would be pestilences
What in the world is wrong with you?
Oh, and no one is lying to you, right? Who is lying to me? What are you talking about? Did you understand the rational of the exponential growth? If it is going to be mild, the person will infect less people. The R factor is the exponent. Don't you remember this from school? How exponents work? (insert slap my head emoji)
This has got to be the stupidest stuff I've seen from Adventists who are supposed to be rational and logical. You guys are complaining about not being able to go to church, when you could full well be doing something about it. Again, are you exercising faith in God? NOPE! You are as grumbly as the children of Israel. Did you ask the Lord what He wants you to do? NOPE! Someone said that in the latter days (these are the latter days) that Sister White said we will be studying in small groups. Did you ask the Lord for a study group? NOPE!
I miss the fellowship too, but there will be a time when you have to stand alone. Are you ready for it? I know I'm not, and I need to be.

Why dont you form a plan to study during these times?

We have a message for the world, and it's not something loopy.
Does the censoring on you tube and facebook have anything to do with Q?

Are you guys Q?

Please do me a favor. On this board we have an ignore function. I urge you to put me on it **********Remember --ignore Theophilus.********
I came to this board because there are lots of interesting studies on Biblical things.

I will return the favor.

I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which Thou hast shewed unto Thy servant;...
Re: The Whites' Thoughts on Quarantine, Fumigation, and Church Attendance while Sick [Re: Green Cochoa] #192602
06/20/20 02:04 PM
06/20/20 02:04 PM
T
Theophilus  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
Some people get viruses and they dont affect them but they can pass them along The mask is to protect another, not yourself. I sure hope you haven't infected anyone. Using hand gel is not a denial of faith. It serves to kill germs. We have more diseases now.

Dos mas.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!