We are entering a period of low solar activity as indicated by zero sunspot activity. This is known as a Grand Solar Minimum.
There is a regular cycle of Solar Minimums occurring every eleven years, I believe. The last Grand Solar Minimum occurred during the sixteen and seventeen hundreds. For a variety of reasons, we can expect global cooling (not global warming), flooding, droughts, earthquakes, crop failures, etc.
There is also a direct correlation between Grand Solar Minimums and the fall of political rulers, such as the Chinese dynastic emperors. The political/financial/religious rulers of this world must certainly know what is occurring. Is it possible that the rapid theft of freedom and the consolidation of all forms of power (political/financial/religious) as well as the societal division being frantically sewn, is the result of global rulers seeking to remain in power?

Is this the trigger event for the time of trouble?

Here is a discussion of the Grand Solar Minimum and the repercussions of the coming food shortages.
As far as I know, neither of these gentlemen is a Christian, except that one of them is actually named Christian!
https://youtu.be/rBwUQlHus7I

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16