HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,062 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: What happens next in the coronavirus strategy [Re: Theophilus] #192744
07/12/20 03:47 PM
07/12/20 03:47 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted by Theophilus
The masks are increasing in use because evidently, what we did before didn't work. People cough with the virus.

Like our pastor said., there is nothing in the Bible against mask wearing, and we are supposed to follow authority unless it conflicts with the Bible. If wearing a mask is all you have problems with in your life, you're a lot better off than you think;

*****STAFF EDIT TO REMOVE REFERENCE & RESPONSE TO A NOW EDITED POST*****

***** STAFF EDIT TO REMOVE REFERENCE & RESPONSE TO A NOW EDITED POST*****

As to the Bible on the topic of mask-wearing, actually, there may be something in the Bible about this. Consider Revelation 14:9.

Originally Posted by The Bible
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Those who study, know who the beast is. Dr. Fauci, who is leading the COVID response, attended a Jesuit school. This information is public online. The response presently calls for masks on the face and gel (alcohol) on the hands. Those are marks of following the system (beast). In Greek, the word translated as "forehead" also means "front." In other words, "face" could be included in the meaning. Those who have the "image" of the beast are those who copy the beast. The word "image" in Greek means likeness or resemblance. In other words, those who follow, who "wonder after the beast," doing what the beast tells them to do, have the beast's image.

The fact that so many Adventists are following this unlikely crowd reminds me of a dream Mrs. White had:

Originally Posted by Ellen White
. . . That night I dreamed that I was in Battle Creek looking out from the side glass at the door and saw a company marching up to the house, two and two. They looked stern and determined. I knew them well and turned to open the parlor door to receive them, but thought I would look again. The scene was changed. The company now presented the appearance of a Catholic procession. One bore in his hand a cross, another a reed. And as they approached, the one carrying a reed made a circle around the house, saying three times: "This house is proscribed. The goods must be confiscated. They have spoken against our holy order." Terror seized me, and I ran through the house, out of the north door, and found myself in the midst of a company, some of whom I knew, but I dared not speak a word to them for fear of being betrayed. I tried to seek a retired spot where I might weep and pray without meeting eager, inquisitive eyes wherever I turned. I repeated frequently: "If I could only understand this! If they will tell me what I have said or what I have done!" {1T 577.2}
I wept and prayed much as I saw our goods confiscated. I tried to read sympathy or pity for me in the looks of those around me, and marked the countenances of several whom I thought would speak to me and comfort me if they did not fear that they would be observed by others. I made one attempt to escape from the crowd, but seeing that I was watched, I concealed my intentions. I commenced weeping aloud, and saying: "If they would only tell me what I have done or what I have said!" My husband, who was sleeping in a bed in the same room, heard me weeping aloud and awoke me. My pillow was wet with tears, and a sad depression of spirits was upon me. {1T 578.1}

Sobering thoughts.

Green Cochoa.

Last edited by Daryl; 07/13/20 02:34 PM. Reason: STAFF EDIT TO REMOVE REFERENCE & RESPONSE TO A NOW EDITED POST

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: What happens next in the coronavirus strategy [Re: Rick H] #192745
07/12/20 06:25 PM
07/12/20 06:25 PM
T
Theophilus  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
***** STAFF EDIT TO REMOVE REFERENCE & RESPONSE TO A NOW EDITED POST ***** And the mask a not the mark of the beast . I know who the beast is too. Who among us here doesn't?I wrote what my pastor said. up thread. The Bible says nothing about wearing a mask. I still cant figure out what in the world you guys are protesting about. I can't believe you think masks and hand sanitizer are the marks in the forehead and hand. You should know that it is the Law that is written in the head and the hand. Jer 31:33
And you actually study Adventist belief? I don't believe it. I also cant believe you are an Admin here.
Just because Fauci is Catholic, means nothing. so was JFK.
One of my friends wives had to have a leg amputated and went into rehab for physical therapy. She got COVID there, and he got it from her. It has taken him awhile to recover, and even still, he gets tired very easily.
Then i come over here to an SDA Forum--SDAs who I consider the most reasonable religious people, and I read over and over all your out there conspiracy theories--rivaling Roger Stone in their depth. Any Q's here? How far out are you ?

***** STAFF EDIT TO REMOVE REFERENCE & RESPONSE TO A NOW EDITED POST *****

Last edited by Daryl; 07/13/20 02:38 PM. Reason: ***** STAFF EDIT TO REMOVE REFERENCE & RESPONSE TO A NOW EDITED POST *****

I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which Thou hast shewed unto Thy servant;...
Gen 32:10
Re: What happens next in the coronavirus strategy [Re: Green Cochoa] #192747
07/12/20 09:36 PM
07/12/20 09:36 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted by Green Cochoa
The response presently calls for masks on the face and gel (alcohol) on the hands. Those are marks of following the system (beast). In Greek, the word translated as "forehead" also means "front." In other words, "face" could be included in the meaning.

I'm not sure I agree with you, but I like it. Well done. Hard to argue against the apparent literal comparison. But do you think it has more to do with thoughts and beliefs than the literal masks? While we should obey authorities, should we turn in slaves who escape? Should we wear a yellow star? What is the limit. Isn't that what this "exercise" is about, determining people's limits? Should you carry a rabbit's foot if they say it's required to prevent the virus? What about a fetish? Should you not question it, even if you do wear a mask or carry a rabbit's foot?

However, those who blindly follow without questioning, could they be susceptible to further blindness: Wear masks to protect others. Inject the vaccine to protect others. Worship on sundays, to protect others. Don't worship on Sabbaths to protect others. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

And all the lemmings tumbled into the sea....

Re: What happens next in the coronavirus strategy [Re: Theophilus] #192751
07/12/20 10:30 PM
07/12/20 10:30 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
topic
Originally Posted by Theophilus
You are an Admin, . . .

Just for clarity, as others may wonder as well, there is only one administrator here: Daryl. The rest of the "Admin team" are moderators who assist the Admin in moderating the forum but who have no privileges with respect to the accounts of members. In other words, the "M" under the avatar means "Moderator." Daryl may consult with the moderators and/or call for a vote among them as to some specific action which he may then afterward take--this provides a greater measure of fairness here: yet he, the owner of this forum, is the only one who can ban someone, choose which words are censored, or take any action beyond simply editing, deleting, or moving posts.

Also, just as there is no requirement for uniformity of thought and belief in order to be a member of the Seventh-day Adventist church, there is no such requirement here; neither among the moderators, nor among the members. Unless otherwise specially indicated in a post, moderators participate here just as do others--presenting their own personal views, not necessarily the views which may be held by others of the admin team.

***** ADMIN STAFF EDIT TO REMOVE REFERENCE TO A CENSORED WORD *****

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Last edited by Daryl; 07/13/20 02:47 PM. Reason: ADMIN STAFF EDIT TO REMOVE REFERENCE TO A CENSORED WORD

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: What happens next in the coronavirus strategy [Re: Rick H] #192752
07/12/20 11:09 PM
07/12/20 11:09 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
In the last great conflict in the controversy with Satan those who are loyal to God will see every earthly support cut off. Because they refuse to break His law in obedience to earthly powers they will be forbidden to buy or sell.--DA 121, 122 (1898). {LDE 148.4}

I am very close to this now. I am in a situation on account of COVID where I have virtually been unable to pay my bills, unable to access funds in my bank account. I have no support other than what I can find locally. The entire COVID scenario has fulfilled prophecy.

Originally Posted by Ellen White, 1903
This world is a theatre. The actors, the inhabitants of the world, are preparing to act their part in the last great drama. God is lost sight of. There is no unity of purpose, except as parties of men confederate to gain their ends. God is looking on. His purposes in regard to his rebellious subjects will be fulfilled. The world has not been given into the hands of men, though God is permitting the elements of confusion and disorder to bear sway for a season. A power from beneath is working to bring about the last great scenes in the drama,--Satan coming as Christ, and working with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in those who are binding themselves together in secret societies. Those who are yielding to the passion for confederation are working out the plans of the enemy. The cause will be followed by the effect. {BTS, February 1, 1903 par. 3}
Transgression has almost reached its limit. Confusion fills the world, and a great terror is soon to come upon human beings. And the end is very near. We who know the truth should be preparing for what is soon to break upon the world as an overwhelming surprise. {BTS, February 1, 1903 par. 4}

It sure did come as an overwhelming surprise, didn't it?

The wants of the cause will continually increase as we near the close of time. Means is needed to give young men a short course of study in our schools, to prepare them for efficient work in the ministry and in different branches of the cause. We are not coming up to our privilege in this matter. All schools among us will soon be closed up. How much more might have been done had men obeyed the requirements of Christ in Christian beneficence! What an influence would this readiness to give all for Christ have had upon the world! It would have been one of the most convincing arguments in favor of the truth we profess to believe--an argument which the world could not misunderstand nor gainsay. The Lord would have distinguished us with His blessing even before the eyes of the world. {5T 156.2}

These things were prophesied. These prophecies have now been fulfilled. The next thing, I believe, is the prophecies pertaining to the economy and to buying and selling. Money will not have value much longer; we should use what we can now for God, praying for His wisdom in this, lest it have no usefulness at all.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: What happens next in the coronavirus strategy [Re: Rick H] #192764
07/20/20 03:52 PM
07/20/20 03:52 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Wow, Green, I hope you are managing all right??

In America, the people, in general still seem to think things like that can't happen.
Surely, they think, the government will get them through....

As to the economy and money value, yes, it is in trouble -- how can it survive all this sudden giving away of multi billions of dollars to "aid" everyone who has been "locked out" of their jobs? The money has absolutely nothing to back it. How can the economy survive all the businesses that had to shut down permanently due to the "lock down" putting them in bankruptcy . Thus multitudes of people won't even have jobs to go back to? And what about the people? The "aid" checks and temporary relief programs will stop, the covid-19 problem shows no signs of stopping.

What you are suffering may be reality in America VERY SOON as well.

The winds of Rev. 7 are starting to escape the four angel's grasp --
God can still stop them, and many are praying for a little more time as we see so many not yet ready, but if in God's reckoning the time has come, and those angels step back, the endtime troubles could explode within the year.

The focus should be--
Does our anchor hold, is it holding firm in Christ?
And how can we encourage our relatives and friends to anchor safely in Christ?

Re: What happens next in the coronavirus strategy [Re: Rick H] #192765
07/20/20 05:41 PM
07/20/20 05:41 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Quote --" The Bible says nothing about wearing a mask. I still cant figure out what in the world you guys are protesting about."

Actually the Bible does.
Ezekiel 12
Ezekiel is warning Jerusalem (which already had suffered from Babylon's power) that a worse siege and defeat was imminent.
Ezekiel was to act out God's word --
Late in the evening as the people watched, he was to dig a hole in the wall of his house, crawl through the hole, carrying his belongings with him, put on a face covering so he can't see the ground and walk.

This was symbolic of the coming captivity, when the people (especially the king and his household) would attempt to escape from it by going through a hidden passage in the city wall.

12:11 Tell the people, I am your sign: like as I have done, so shall it be done unto them: they shall remove and go into captivity.
12:12 And the prince (King Zedekiah) shall bear upon his shoulder in the twilight, and shall go forth: they shall dig through the wall to carry out thereby: he shall cover his face, that he see not the ground with his eyes.
12:13 My net also will I spread upon him, and he shall be taken in my snare: and I will bring him to Babylon [to] the land of the Chaldeans; yet shall he not see it, though he shall die there.

Wearing the face covering signified BLINDNESS.
Blind to their transgressions
Blind to the coming dangers
Blinded literally ((King Zedekiah was physically blinded by the Babylonians after he was captured)

Re: What happens next in the coronavirus strategy [Re: Rick H] #192774
07/22/20 01:24 PM
07/22/20 01:24 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
the covid-19 problem shows no signs of stopping.

I would word it as, The way the government is handling the covid-19 problem shows no signs of stopping.

Re: What happens next in the coronavirus strategy [Re: Rick H] #192775
07/22/20 01:40 PM
07/22/20 01:40 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Maybe Elle and her reset was just a decade off. This would explain a number of things, why the meaningless mask mandates, the riots, the exaggerations, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl4SqeFBdCw

Exaggerations? Like the number of new cases have surged in a state: 4.

Search for: October pandemic exercise.
The lockdowns and riots were planned. They just had to find a disease to pull it off on. Too bad covid-19 is not cooperating, but the media makes up for the lack.

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Event_201

Re: What happens next in the coronavirus strategy [Re: dedication] #192778
07/22/20 10:49 PM
07/22/20 10:49 PM
T
Theophilus  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
Hey, dedication , I think that's a big stretch. laugh

I'll have to ask the pastor about that. I cant wait to see his answer. As a matter of fact I'll see if I can get his permission to publish his response.
What's your pastor think about your theory?
Maybe we should have Drs and nurses stop wearing them because of Eze 12. Why in the world should they be wearing masks anyway?

Last edited by Theophilus; 07/22/20 10:52 PM.

I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which Thou hast shewed unto Thy servant;...
Gen 32:10
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!