HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,113 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25
Re: It has been done! #20423
12/30/05 08:41 PM
12/30/05 08:41 PM
Redfog  Offline
Michigan, USA
Colin that guarantee is a conditional guarantee. It is conditional on us following Jesus. I really fail to see how the words "His people" makes any difference. He will save His people (just His followers) or He will save His people (the entire human race) if certain conditions are met, the end is the same. Again the guarantee is, as the rest of the Bible shows, conditional on us accepting the offer of Salvation by surrendering to His will and having a relationship with the Creator. Of course I've already answered this several times....

Redfog

Re: It has been done! #20424
12/30/05 08:46 PM
12/30/05 08:46 PM
S
Stephanie Suranyi  Offline
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
quote:
Originally posted by Darius:
SS, then I must conclude that you do not accept Matt. 1:21 for what it says. You do not believe it was a guarantee and you do not believe that identification of "his people" did not depend on completion of His mission. I want to know how you feel about what the Bible teaches. It is obvious you know what modern men believe. I say, "let God be true and every man a liar."

Ok, that was too much. I accept the BIBLE for what it says. Now, before His mission was completed, His people were the Jews.....also know as Israel, the children of Abraham. So, in keeping with this discussion, wouldn't that mean that only the Jews (Israel) would be saved? Now, to go a step furthur, He taught us to follow Him. In doing so, we join Him, making us His people.

I also know that anyone can take one text out of the bible and base their beliefs on just those few words. Many times I have heard the story of a man who wanted to know God's direction in his life. He read that "Judas hung himself" then skipped a few books and read "go and do likewise." So, he hung himself. My point? Twisting what the Bible says can be very easy. Mayn people do it today to make it fit their own ideals. Now, do I believe that Jesus' gift was to everyone? Absolutely. Do I believe everyone will BE SAVED? No, I do not. And my belief isd not based on what MAN says but on what GOD says, in HIS WORD, the BIBLE.

Now, what do you want to know as far as what I believe the Bible teaches? I'd like to know what YOU believe, as you have YET to answer THAT question. But, I suspect that I will be reprimanded and told to "stay on topic"

Incidently, my name is NOT "SS". It is either Steph, Stephanie, Stephanie Suranyi, or Mrs. Suranyi. I don't abbreviate your name as "D" so I would appreciate it if you would use one of the above when posting to me.

Colin, Actually, they HAVE answered the question. I read it myself...more than once. Richard said that it IS given to EVERYONE, just like Matt. 1:21 says. However, he expanded on that by stating that not everyone will TAKE it. What we are wondering is if Darius is suggesting that EVERYONE will be saved, whether they accept the gift of salvation or not? Because if he is, I would sincerely like to know how he came to that conclusion. That is what we are getting at. It would be so much easier if we knew what prompted Darius to start this thread in the first place. He wants to know what everyone else believes, we want to know what he believes. We tell him, he doesn't tell us. Richard and Mountain Man were not being evasive. They were answering the question to the best of their knowledge, based on what Darius gave them.

Re: It has been done! #20425
12/30/05 09:58 PM
12/30/05 09:58 PM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Steph, only you know why you are so defensive and I will leave you to deal with it. What I believe has nothing to do with what the text says. I could believe that God is a monkey; that would not change what the text says. All it would do is make a statement about my relationship to the text. Asking me what I believe is not a contribution to this discussion. Rather, it is a smokescreen being sent up to avoid dealing with the text. Why is there such fear?

I will tell you this, though. Beliefs are temporary things; hypotheses to be tested. The Shut Door used to be an Adventist belief/hypothesis until the data proved it to be more false than true. At that point it was discarded. This is why the evidence is more important than any belief.

Re: It has been done! #20426
12/30/05 10:08 PM
12/30/05 10:08 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
First God chose Abraham, then Abraham proved worthy of Gods choise. What does this tell us about God?

/Thomas

Re: It has been done! #20427
12/30/05 10:22 PM
12/30/05 10:22 PM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
We should first state what God chose Abraham for. I am a citizen of the United States but I have not been chosen to be an official ambassador of the United States. However, ambassadors have no more rights as citizens than I do. Abraham was not chosen to be one of God's people. He always was. He was chosen as an ambassador; an appointment of grace.

Re: It has been done! #20428
12/30/05 11:53 PM
12/30/05 11:53 PM
DebbieB  Offline
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I have been following this thread since yesterday! I think though that maybe we have all missed the point of this text very slightly. For me the point of this text comes down to what happened at the crucifixion. When Jesus died was it for the whole world as Paul would have us believe in 1 Tim 4:10 or did he just die for those who would ultimately accept him? [Confused] If the latter be true then how can the 'heathen who by nature do the things of God' be saved? - for without the gift of Grace (see below my point about the cross) then how can God be a fair God?

My understanding of the text in question combined with the cross of Christ is that at Christ's death the whole world was covered by the grace of God, thereby saving the whole world, in Him. When we come into contact with the gospel, and thereby Christ Himself, we can take one of two ways the one way is to accept him whereby we receive Justification by faith, and also Sanctification [Yay] .
The other option is to remove ourselves completely from the free gift and 'shove it back in His face', thereby changing our destiny back to that of going to hell [Help] .

Re: It has been done! #20429
12/31/05 12:31 AM
12/31/05 12:31 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Darius, your view of salvation contradicts the SOP quotes I posted above. As such, your view violates forum rules. The idea that Jesus has saved everyone is unbiblical. The only people who will be saved are those who accept Jesus as their personal Saviour AND who obey His law.

Re: It has been done! #20430
12/31/05 12:35 AM
12/31/05 12:35 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Colin and Debbie, if Jesus saved everyone on the cross, from the foundation of the world, how, then, can anyone be lost?

Re: It has been done! #20431
12/31/05 02:20 AM
12/31/05 02:20 AM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
To be lost one must reject what God has done in Christ, after - ideally - one has heard the true gospel message... there are fakes out there...

Re: It has been done! #20432
12/31/05 12:09 PM
12/31/05 12:09 PM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
I think MM does not understand what it means to be lost and what it means to be saved. There will always be confusion (Babylon) where there is a lack of understanding.

Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!