HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31584
02/08/06 11:09 PM
02/08/06 11:09 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Is there any way you could find calcium rich food?

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31585
02/08/06 11:22 PM
02/08/06 11:22 PM
S
Stephanie Suranyi  Offline
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
The thing is, Thomas, I have a stomach that is SMALLER than my fist...To give you an amount that my stomach can handle...... I HAVE to take 1/2 hour to eat a hot dog, be it a vegelink or big frank, doesn't matter........ and I can have a bun with it. No side dish, or I end up eating longer than 30 minutes...which is bad. Another example? a refried bean soft taco from Taco Bell (do they have those there? LOL) I can eat ONE, that's it....no more...my stomach protests if I eat any more than that...even an extra bite is too much. Now, if you know any high protein, high calcium vege foods, by all means share with me.......regardless, I STILL have to take a calcium supplement, and STILL have to take in more than 1200mg per day....The doc wants me to get at LEAST 1800 mg of calcium per day...they prefer I take 2400mg, but are willing to stick with 1800mg.

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31586
02/09/06 08:17 AM
02/09/06 08:17 AM
B
Bobby  Offline OP
British Columbia
quote:
Originally posted by liane:
Hi Bobby:

It is really appreciated your effort to educate us and there is so much that we need to know and I believe you have not even scratched the surface of what we should know, especially in this day and age,

BUT, I am reminded by the Spirit of Prophecy that we must not put a burden on those that cannot afford to do otherwise. Also a factor is where some people live they just cannot get certain foods that apply to the health message.

There are some people who need to take medications that have unclean products as a coating, but no other choice or they would die without their medication.

The best is to eat as much as one can of natural foods at the source. Next is to the best one can with what they do.

As an example I use to use organic milk and products. Well what I found out is that the land must be organic used for two years and the animals such as cows must be organic fed for one year to be called organic. This takes into consideration that it does not matter how the land was use before the two years or where the animals came from before one year.

All any of us can do is the best we can in the situation we have at hand. Do what we can and what we can afford to do.

Liane, the Zoo Mama

I totally understand what you are saying. It is hard to know when it may be a burden on some. We have learned so much in the past year that we are literally going crazy, with how to approach everything. We do have some options, and would like to get back to the old way of doing things (growing our own food, canning , freezing, wood heat for winter)

One of the best things a person can do for themselves is to learn what to AVOID. Once our bodies have a relief from the source of the pollution, the body can start to reverse the negative condition. This makes the healing process that much easier.

I would really encourage people to help each other out. Some people have land (within the church family), and may not be using all of it, so an idea that came to mind was to have some type of community garden thing. I was thinking of this for our church here. Of course, this would have to be something that the land owner would need to approve. This way, people can grow/can/freeze their own food before the winter.

According to what I have read, a person may be wasting their money on organic dairy products. I read from the Mercola.com website, that it is basically more money for the dairy companies. Bigger dairies are selling organic milk and it still has the same flaw as the regular dairy.It may not have the same hormones etc , but the problem with dairy products is the pasteurization process, not whether it is organic or not. Now if you were to purchase, organic RAW milk, directly from a dairy farmer, you would see more benefits than from the commercialized dairy products. I read how the pasteurization process actually causes any calcium in the dairy to crystallize, therefore, when you ingest the dairy, the crystals actually will draw the calcium from your bones.

Anything that is pasteurized, and a good thing to know is that ANY beverage (juice, milk, etc..) whether it is in a health food store or not, by law, has to be pastuerized before the company is permitted to sell it in a store. Now, we all know that cooking our vegetables deprives things of nutrients, more so than eating raw produce. The pasteurization process means that things have been heated to extreme temperatures to kill any bacteria. When it is heated, much vitality is lost.

My opinion is, most commercialized juices, beverages etc... beside them adding fructose(corn syrup, sugar or glucose, to many juices, the pasteurization process kills any benefit it may have.

The same holds true for the expensive juice in health food stores. I really believe, I wasted a lot of money buying organic juice, or health food store juice, because even though it may be orgainc, if it has been pasteurized, the whole purpose of drinking that juice for health reasons is lost. So, I save my money, and if I feel like drinking some juice, I go buy some frozen canned orange juice (for a treat) because if everything is pasteurized and depleted anyway, why pay so much for it ? Again, strictly my opinion based on my own experiences and research.

Of course, for those who have a juicer, that is the best case scenario. Fruit or veggies not subjected to any heat, retain their vitality to pass on to us. Certain juice definitely gets expensive that way. Sometimes takes a lot of fruit to make a glass of grape juice. We found that out. We bought one of the best juicers out there and it sits on our shelf most of the time. LOL So there also is a learning time, and time period to try and change the old ways to a different way of doiong things.

It is true folks, you can really only do the best you can in whatever your situation may be. For those who have a will, there's a way. God will provide. I always think of the story of Daniel and the three others in the Bible who chose the diet God set out for us, as opposed to the King's food. I see that story as a parallel to our present day situation. God's diet still stands. The King's food, in my opinion, represents the food chosen of the world. If we choose that way, we do not reap the benefits otherwise. God promised us that He would keep us free from all disease, if we follow His laws. That includes the health laws.

If a person can only afford to buy produce from the grocery store, I believe God will bless them and protect them. They are making the effort and doing their part by responding to new knowledge that has been given them. If possible, I look for local people who grow their own produce to sell. That would be a better source, and more than likely, have better benefits as well.

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31587
02/09/06 09:46 AM
02/09/06 09:46 AM
B
Bobby  Offline OP
British Columbia
Another thing I thought I would add that people should be aware of. Microwave popcorn.

As we no longer use a microwave, due to new knowledge of what it actually does to food, we pop the popcorn in one of the popper machines.

If you do a google search on popcorn lawsuits, you will find the companies that make the microwave popcorn used a chemical that tasted like butter. They don't use real butter, but they used a chemical to imitate it. That chemical, while airborne, caused some serious problems in the workers. Some are only left with 15-20% OF their lung capacity. The chemical literally destroyed the airway to the lungs of some of the people.

The sad thing is that the FDA stated that it won't cause a problem for people to eat it.

HELLLLLOOOOOOO!! if the chemical causes problems while airborne, if ingested, it can cause other problems. It's obviously a toxic thing to avoid.

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31588
02/09/06 09:52 AM
02/09/06 09:52 AM
B
Bobby  Offline OP
British Columbia
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie Suranyi:
The thing is, Thomas, I have a stomach that is SMALLER than my fist...To give you an amount that my stomach can handle...... I HAVE to take 1/2 hour to eat a hot dog, be it a vegelink or big frank, doesn't matter........ and I can have a bun with it. No side dish, or I end up eating longer than 30 minutes...which is bad. Another example? a refried bean soft taco from Taco Bell (do they have those there? LOL) I can eat ONE, that's it....no more...my stomach protests if I eat any more than that...even an extra bite is too much. Now, if you know any high protein, high calcium vege foods, by all means share with me.......regardless, I STILL have to take a calcium supplement, and STILL have to take in more than 1200mg per day....The doc wants me to get at LEAST 1800 mg of calcium per day...they prefer I take 2400mg, but are willing to stick with 1800mg.

Some calcium sources I can think of off the top of my head is, Almonds (probably most nuts as well), green leafy vegetables, (sesame seeds are a good one), even some soy milk is high in calcium.

We would buy a shaker of sesame seeds to spread on our food everyday. I am not sure how many mg of calcium it would be, but one could find out by doing some research.

And I noticed you mentioned high protein as well. I read in the Silver Hills cook book that too much protein per day can actually cause the body to excrete large amounts of calcium. Not including the problems on the kidneys and liver. It stated that the average man should eat around 56 grams of protein/day and 46 grams for the woman. I have heard of a woman taking 120 grams per protein per day and her husband is taking 160 grams per day. I shared that Silver Hills statement with them and we'll see what happens from there.

Diabetes is more commonly becoming known to have a different cause than many think. Excessive protein, more so than sugar, is the main root of diabetes. I think a lot of that has to do with the animal protein being consumed by many as well. Startling how many different ailments/diseases arise, just from eating meat.

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31589
02/09/06 02:57 PM
02/09/06 02:57 PM
S
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Bobby,
Becvause of the surgery I had, I have to eat 60-80 grams of protein daily. I already know what that diet does to the body. That's why I have had to get blood drawn every six months since having the surgery. Everything has been fine in my bloodwork. Now, the protein foods aren't ALL absorbed. Nor are any other foods. I think, maybe, HALF of what I eat is actually absorbed. SO, if I eat only 46g of protein, I will only absorb 23g....That is why they have gastric bypass patients on high protein diets...to ensure that they get in the protein they need. Now, since I don't eat much of anything after my protein, the fat stores I have get used up. That is the purpose of the surgery, to use the fat stores.

I am going to give you an idea of my daily intake. Keep in mind, I am not yet vegetarian, let alone vegan.

breakfast:
one egg
one slice of toast

drink fluid until half hour before lunch

lunch:
one sandwich (whole wheat bread, one slice turkey, one or two slices cheese)

drink fluid until dinner

dinner:
one chicken breast half (about 4 ounces)
one small potato

now, this isn NOT a daily thing, just an example of the types of things I CAN eat and the amounts.

sometimes I will have a salad in place of a sandwich or I will have one for dinner.

and it is funny that excessive protein is at the root of diabetes when those who have had GBP surgery no longer have symptoms of the disease, unless they had JUVENILE (now Type 1?) diabetes. Blood sugars are stable, not just short term, but long term as well. How do you explain that?

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31590
02/12/06 01:14 AM
02/12/06 01:14 AM
B
Bobby  Offline OP
British Columbia
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie Suranyi:
Bobby,
Becvause of the surgery I had, I have to eat 60-80 grams of protein daily. I already know what that diet does to the body. That's why I have had to get blood drawn every six months since having the surgery. Everything has been fine in my bloodwork. Now, the protein foods aren't ALL absorbed. Nor are any other foods. I think, maybe, HALF of what I eat is actually absorbed. SO, if I eat only 46g of protein, I will only absorb 23g....That is why they have gastric bypass patients on high protein diets...to ensure that they get in the protein they need. Now, since I don't eat much of anything after my protein, the fat stores I have get used up. That is the purpose of the surgery, to use the fat stores.

I am going to give you an idea of my daily intake. Keep in mind, I am not yet vegetarian, let alone vegan.

breakfast:
one egg
one slice of toast

drink fluid until half hour before lunch

lunch:
one sandwich (whole wheat bread, one slice turkey, one or two slices cheese)

drink fluid until dinner

dinner:
one chicken breast half (about 4 ounces)
one small potato

now, this isn NOT a daily thing, just an example of the types of things I CAN eat and the amounts.

sometimes I will have a salad in place of a sandwich or I will have one for dinner.

and it is funny that excessive protein is at the root of diabetes when those who have had GBP surgery no longer have symptoms of the disease, unless they had JUVENILE (now Type 1?) diabetes. Blood sugars are stable, not just short term, but long term as well. How do you explain that?

Why was your surgery necessary ? Was it merely for weight loss and recommended by your doctor ? From what I read, it partly bypasses your small intestine, which in essence, ends up depriving you of assimilating your vitamins and minerals. As you said, you need to eat double amounts to equal what you would need normally.
Do you presently take any supplements other than the calcium ones ? I would look into that. Without all of the small intestine working to digest things, there are some side effects to consider. Has anyone told you of those before they performed the surgery ?

I have found that many people I have talked to regarding Gall bladder surgery (although a different topic) were not told everything they needed to know before making a decision. They were also told by their doctors that they could continue eating as they liked and have no problems. Every single one of them, experienced difficulties when they ate the "normal" foods they usually ate, after their surgery was months prior. The Gall bladder plays a vital role in digesting our food. From what I have read, the gall bladder stores excess bile from the liver, as the liver doesn't produce enough to digest an entire meal, therefore it takes the extra stored in the gall bladder to compensate. When the gall bladder is removed, there is no longer enough bile to digest a big meal, or even some fatty foods. Difficulties arise. PLUS, the bile from the liver continues to "leak" into ???. Some people have gotten gall bladder stones even when their gall bladder has been removed. (another name for gall bladder stones is cholesterol stones)
I read that gall stones are a possibility with people who have had GBP surgery. Has the doctor checked out that aspect after your surgery ?

A quote below is something you may already be aware of.

quote:

In a gastric bypass, the part of the intestine where many minerals and vitamins are most easily absorbed is bypassed. Because of this, you may have a deficiency in iron, calcium, magnesium, or vitamins. This can lead to long-term problems, such as osteoporosis. To prevent vitamin and mineral deficiencies, you may need to work with a dietitian to plan meals, and you may need to take nutrient supplements and injections of vitamin B12.

This is probably another reason for why they take your blood every 6 months. So they can keep an eye on the vitamin and mineral levels as well.

It is alarming that doctors will merely start surgically removing things from our bodies that God put there for a reason. Instead of looking at the causes, they do surgery. This is why many people continue to have difficulties. They aren't told to refrain from certain food, or beverages or change lifestyle.

So I will wait for your response on why the surgery was performed and why the doctor chose that route, to better analyze anything, or to prevent from jumping to any conclusions.
Is there any way to reverse the operation without any further complications ? I am searching for that.

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31591
02/12/06 01:23 AM
02/12/06 01:23 AM
B
Bobby  Offline OP
British Columbia
Here is an article on gastric bypass surgery that people should read before making the decision to go "under the knife"
http://www.newstarget.com/001553.html

There is a way to overcome anything. Seek and ye shall find.

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31592
02/12/06 05:04 PM
02/12/06 05:04 PM
S
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Bobby,
I just want to warn you that I am not answering your questions in any particular order.

First off, you asked if I had GBP "merely for weight loss".....Now, when I read that, I was "hot" to say the least. My first thought was "what gives you the right to question my reasoning for getting GBP surgery?" Then I realized that you probably didn't mean it the way it sounded. Now, I will say that I tried everything...from OTC weight loss aids, to diet and exercise, to doctor prescribed drugs, etc. Nothing helped. When I had my son in 2001, I had reached 408 pounds at the time of his birth. You want to know what my OB had to say? He asked a nurse, in the OB ward, to come talk to me about GBP surgery. Now, mind you, I had JUST had a c-section to deliver my baby...I wanted NOTHING to do with any other surgeries! So, I said "it's not for me." I put it out of my mind. Six months later, i started thinking about it. But, again, I put it out of my mind. Then, in 2003, I was weighed in a doctor's office...I was 450 pounds at that time. I had trouble getting around.

Now, it wasn't JUST my weight that was the problem with my mobility. I had been in a car accident before I got married. Before that accident, I had worked as a cashier, on my feet nearly every day of the week. I was overweight (obese by today's standards) but overall, ok. In the accident, I had a fractured, dislocated hip. I had it surgically repaired and now have a plate in it to hold the piece together with the rest of the hip. During that time, I was in rehab, to strengthen my arms and to teach me how to get around with a walker. Then I went home and had a visiting physical therapist twice a week. I still had limited mobility, but was able to get around...however, I was not allowed to put any weight on the left leg/hip. Time went on and I recovered. I was able to put weight on my hip. Now, I weighed the same as before the accident, but had been unable to use the left leg. My leg couldn't handle prolonged standing....even sitting, for that matter. I was able to walk short distances, but had to stop and rest after very short periods of time.

Then I became pregnant. I developed pre-ecclampsia near the end of the pregnancy, and ballooned up to 408 pounds. I breastfed my son. Now, I had been told that breastfeeding helps with weightloss. Whoever said that was lying. If anything, I gained even more weight. My son was one who ate every 2-3 hours.... which most newborns do. Sometimes, he hate every hour. I was "tied down" so to speak. Did I mind it? Not at all. Breastmilk is best for a baby, so I was determined to do that for him. Well, because of the problems I had from the car accident, I applied for disability. I eventually recieved it.

Now, that is a back story of my situation. Now, I will tell you WHY I chose GBP surgery.

I told you that I tried everything. True, I did not try sunlight, as mentioned in the article you linked to. My reason? Well, first, I never knew about it. Second, if I go out for more than 10 minutes into sunlight, without sunscreen, I turn as red as a cooked lobster...LITERALLY. And I am unable to move comfortably. One time, when I was about 9 or 10, I was forced, by my aunt/babysitter, to spend all day outside, without the benefit of shade. That night, my dad had to put aloe on me..... I burned through my swimsuit. We had no sunscreen at that time. So, I don't go out into the sun for long because of my fair complexion, because I know what will happen if I do. Now, about weight loss "remedies".... I tried various OTC remedies...dexatrim, Sweet Success, Slim Fast....You name it, I probably tried it. I also tried diets. My mom is diabetic, and she had us all on her diabetic diet...portion measurements...3 meals and one snack. I was never full. Now, that article says that if you get enough sunlight you won't want carbs? Wrong! Even when I DID get out there, I STILL ate macaroni salad, potato salad, etc. It was MEAT I didn't want! Anyway.... Then I saw my doctor who sent me to a dietician...she put me on a 1800 calorie diet based on my weight. Then I went to a diabetes specialist. Found out I was insulin resistant, put me on metformin (glucophage) which also aids in weight loss. Still didn't work. It was only after I had exhausted these other attempts (my PCP at the time does NOT prescribe weight loss drugs because of the liability associated with them all). Then *I* mentioned to HIM that I was contemplating weight loss surgery. He gave me a referral to a surgeon, who explained IN DETAIL what it entailed, and what I would/would NOT be able to eat, etc. Then I worked with THEIR dietician who gave me guidelines to work with after surgery. I did not go into this blindly. They made sure I saw a psych doctor to make sure that, psychologically, I could handle the surgery and what would happen afterward.

Having this surgery was NOT an easy decision for me. But I balloned up to 467 pounds at my top weight. I looked at my little boy and said to my husband" if I don't do something NOW, I won't see my son grow up." So, I went through with it. Was I scared? Absolutely. But, I was more scared about what would happen if I DIDN'T do it.

I know that SOME GBP patients have gall bladder problems. As a matter of fact, my surgeon thought he would have to remove mine when he went in....but my gall bladder was healthy, no problems whatsoever, so he left it in there. I still have had no problems with it. No stones, nothing. The type of GBP I had is called Roux-en-Y. Now, with this type, nothing is removed, but it IS separated. I, essentially, have two stomachs. One is attached to the esophagus and recieves food, but is attached to the small intestine further down than before. The other stomach is attached to the various digestive juices....bile, and the pancreatic juices. They meet up with the food further in the small intestine. This keeps a lot of food from being absorbed and stored in fat cells....forcing the fat cells to use their "stores". Now, that is what the surgery does for us.

You asked about my vitamin/mineral intake. Yes, I take more than just a calcium supplement daily. I also take a prenatal vitamin. Here are the vitamin and calcium I take every day and the amounts of vitamins/s minerals in each serving.

Spring Valley prenatal (from Wal*Mart)

Vit. A (100% as beta carotene) 4000 I.U.
Vit. C 120mg
Vit. D 400 I.U.
Vit. E 30 I.U.
Thiamin (B1) 1.8mg
Riboflavin (B2) 1.7mg
Niacin 20mg
Vit. B6 2.6mg
Folic Acid 800mcg
Vit. B12 8mcg
Calcium 200mg
Iron 28mg
Zinc 25mg

Caltrate Chewables (I take 3 tablets a day....the dosage I am putting on here is one serving, one tablet)

Vit. D 200 I.U.
Calcium 600mg
Magnesium 40mg
Zinc 7.5mg
Copper 1mg
Manganese 1.8mg
Boron 250mcg

My vitamin and mineral levels ahve been normal....not high, not low, but right in the middle of normal range. I have not had to take extra B12 or anything else.

Now, it was also explained to me that for some people, having the surgery triggers something in the brain that lets me know that I am full...don't eat anything more. That is what happened with me. I was always hungry before the surgery. Now? I'm not.

Also, it was explained to me that GBP is NOT a cure...only a tool. A tool to help me with portion control and choosing the right foods to eat. My stomach, now, will NOT handle high fat content and high sugar content. Can I eat some fatty foods or sugary foods? Sure, but if I eat too much, I will suffer what is called "dumping" Think of someone who is suffering low blood sugar...it is kind of like that.

GBP surgery is not/was not a cure for me....but it has helped me when I could not do it for myself.

I don't see why you would feel the need to "analyze" anything regarding my surgery.... I had it done. I am healthier than I was before it. It wasn't the DOCTOR who chose for me to get GBP.... *I* brought it up to HIM!

Just to let you know... it CAN be reversed... not easily, but it CAN be done. Knowing that, I have NO plans WHATSOEVER to reverse it. I have NO reason to do so. I am not saying GBP is the way for EVERY obese person to go, but it was the RIGHT decision for me!

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31593
02/13/06 11:30 AM
02/13/06 11:30 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Sr. Stephanie,

Your comment:
quote:
".....Now, when I read that, I was "hot" to say the least. My first thought was "what gives you the right to question my reasoning for getting GBP surgery?" Then I realized that you probably didn't mean it the way it sounded."
quote:
1 Corinthians 12:26 "And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it."
What I saw is a brother of your church caring for you.

With regards to being obese, I understand. But it was the Lord's servant Mrs. White pointing me to scriptures through health reform that caused me to change my life. Thus far I have lost between 80-90 pounds. Not sure on the exact weight because when I was getting small for a size 28 I would never allowed myself to be weighed. I stopped weighing myself at about 212/size 20. And I am on a short frame of 5' 1 1/2". I have an additional 40-45 pounds to go. It has been a journey of 4 years to lose this mass.

Now that the subject of health reform is being presented to you, please try not to construe the message as judgment towards you. But take and learn what is given, ask the Holy Spirit to teach you all truth while you search out what some have said here. Search the Scriptures and the Spirit of Phophecy.

While our spiritual is required to take on the nature of Christ, even our bodies which the Lord calls the temple for the Holy Ghost needs attention too.

Studying health reform is to be part of the three angels messages. For in the Most Holy Place our Lord has the ark of the covenant, which inside are found the commandments, the golden pot of manna, and Aaron's Rod that budded. These are three items we should wonder after..."Why does God think that Aaron's Rod and the Manna are important as the 10 commandments?"

With regards of what your knowledge was in the past, it is important to learn today what our Lord teaches. And what we decide to do with this imformation, well that is between you and the Lord. But let us never forget as Adventists we are to uphold the three angels messages, which includes health reform. So let us be thankful students and enjoy the knowledge.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri Fritz

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!