HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,165 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Bay of Bengal - Quake and Flood #35954
12/30/04 03:57 PM
12/30/04 03:57 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Wendy and Ikan, I do not doubt that the child sex trade MAY be one of the reasons God why allowed this terrible tragedy. What I find difficult to accept is your strong inferrences, without specific divine revelation, that this is exactly why it happened.

When I read about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah in the Bible or SOP I find it very hard to feel sorry for them. In fact, to be honest, I catch myself thinking, They deserved what they got. This hardened attitude disturbs me. Which is why I refuse to latch on to specific reasons why God allowed this to happen in Asia. I'm afraid of how it will affect me.

Re: Bay of Bengal - Quake and Flood #35955
12/30/04 07:35 PM
12/30/04 07:35 PM
Wendy F  Offline
Veteran Member
USA
Indonesia Needs Help, Death Toll Expected To Exceed 400,000
Thu Dec 30 2004 12:52:01 ET

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 30 (Bernama) -- The death toll in Acheh, the region worst hit by last Sunday's tsunami, may exceed 400,000 as many affected areas could still not be reached for search and rescue operations, Indonesia's Ambassador to Malaysia Drs H. Rusdihardjo said Thursday.

He said the estimate was based on air surveillance by Indonesian authorities who found no signs of life in places like Meulaboh, Pulau Simeulue and Tapak Tuan while several islands off the west coast of Sumatera had "disappeared".

He said the latest death toll of more than 40,000 in Acheh and northern Sumatera did not take into account the figures from the other areas, especially in the west of the region.

"Aerial surveillance found the town of Meulaboh completely destroyed with only one buiding standing. The building, which belonged to the military, happens to be on a hill," he told reporters after receiving RM1 million in aid for Indonesia's Tsunami Disaster Relief Fund here Thursday.

Rusdihardjo said there were about 150,000 residents in Meulaboh, which was located 150km from the epicentre of the earthquake while Pulau Simeuleu had a population of 76,000.

Ambassador Rusdihardjo said a combination of earthquake and tsunami had left 80 to 100 per cent of infrastructure in Acheh province, such as hospitals, health centres, transport and communication networks and homes, destroyed.

"Looking at the scale of destruction, it's difficult to say when the search and rescue operations can be mounted in all affected areas," he said.
===========================================

Believe me Mike. I can have the attitude that all of those people that traded in children deserved whatever they got, and still have the Christian compassion of knowing the horror and devestation those people went through. I still feel absolutely devastated for the parents that lost children, everyone that has suffered and is still suffering, and all who lost lives.
For those of us who have watched these travesties go on for so long though, it is somewhat good also to see things such as the sex rings interrupted. How many people in the next few months will be visiting child brothels? Not many I hope.

Most people in these areas didn't deserve what they got here, but since when is Satan a respecter of persons? Did my husband deserve to break his neck in that motorcycle accident? Did we deserve to lose our house and property? Did my children deserve to not have a daddy they can run around and play with? No, but we learn to adapt, and we grow and we realize that God has something bigger and better for us down the road. If not here on earth, then in Heaven.

Re: Bay of Bengal - Quake and Flood #35956
12/30/04 08:05 PM
12/30/04 08:05 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Good to see you back Wendy! [Smile]

Re: Bay of Bengal - Quake and Flood #35957
12/30/04 08:25 PM
12/30/04 08:25 PM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Doug said,
quote:
Neither God or Satan controls weather, storms, disasters...
You couldn't be more mistaken. Plenty of passages have already been quoted here that show the reverse is true.

Re: Bay of Bengal - Quake and Flood #35958
12/30/04 09:18 PM
12/30/04 09:18 PM
Wendy F  Offline
Veteran Member
USA
Hi Daryl:)

Re: Bay of Bengal - Quake and Flood #35959
12/30/04 10:51 PM
12/30/04 10:51 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Thank you, Wendy, for clarifying your feelings about this tragedy. Although I'm not as convinced as you are as to why God permitted it, I am, like you, happy it will slow down the child abuse aspect, at least for awhile. I am also glad you and your family are handling your own troubles in a godly manner. God uses test, trial and temptation as opportunities to showcase His power and praise. How we react and respond to such situations tells for or against His love. Let God be magnified!

Re: Bay of Bengal - Quake and Flood #35960
12/31/04 02:22 AM
Restin  Offline
Apopka, Florida, USA
Earlier, someone mentioned that the Asian and surrounding nations have had little evangelism to Chrisianity, and that was a reason not to declare them deserving of the tsunami. But maybe God is more concerned about the character of a person rather than the specific religion. It is a universal awareness that its wrong to steal, murder, cheat, abuse children, take someone else's spouse, etc. You see that universal conflict between right and wrong in history and story of all human beings, no matter what the religion. I think of the American Indians, with tribes spread all over America many centuries before any Christian came with the Ten Commandments. They knew the difference between a good person and a bad person. I know Christians are supposed to evangelize the world, but I also sense that a just and honorable God would consider each individual's effort, or lack of effort, to have good character, regardless of which specific religion. Apparently the Asians there had filled up their cup of iniquity by any standard of decency. know this changes the topic too much, but I've wondered if all the many generations of American Indians are lost souls just because Chrisianity didn't reach them for several thousand years, from the Tower of Babel until the 1800's! [Eek!]

Re: Bay of Bengal - Quake and Flood #35961
Ikan  Offline
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
Here is proof positive that the "religious leaders" of the world have no clue as to what happened and why:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=570&e=2&u=/nm/quake_religion_dc

Notice, that Satan is not mentioned, and that God (or usually spelled in the article "god") is the One to blame. The only Bible answer came from an very distant Adventist offshoot, a Jehovah's Witness.

If we Adventists have no more understanding of Him than these people, how can we dare claim to have a message from Him? Could you actually go to the scene and say to a suffering victim. "Well, God is trying to teach you to love Him by killing your entire family."

I doubt if you would surive that interview.

Job was a christian; do not try to make these people into Jobs. Ninety nine percent if not higher know zip about the true Gospel.

If this is not evidence of Satan's hatred of man, I guess we'll need more evidence, huh?

Re: Bay of Bengal - Quake and Flood #35962
12/31/04 02:48 AM
12/31/04 02:48 AM
D
Dora  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2013
Veteran Member
USA
How frequently we hear of earthquakes and tornadoes, of destruction by fire and flood, with great loss of life and property! Apparently these calamities are capricious outbreaks of disorganized, unregulated forces of nature, wholly beyond the control of man, but in them all God’s purpose may be read. They are among the agencies by which He seeks to arouse men and women to a sense of their danger—PK 277 (c.1914)

I saw four angels who had a work to do on the earth and were on their way to accomplish it. Jesus was clothed with priestly garments. He gazed in pity on the remnant, then raised His hands, and with a voice of deep pity cried, “My blood, Father, My blood, My flood, My blood!” Then I saw an exceeding bright light come from God, who sat upon the great white throne, and was shed all about Jesus. Then I saw an angel with a commission from Jesus, swiftly flying to the four angels who had a work to do on the earth, and waving something up and down in his hand, and crying with a loud voice, “Hold! Hold! Hold! Hold! Until the servants of God are sealed in their foreheads.”

I asked my accompanying angel the meaning of what I heard, and what the four angels were about to do. He said to me that it was God that restrained the powers, and that He gave His angels charge over things on the earth; that the four angels had power from God to hold the four winds, and that they were about to let them go; but while their hands were loosening, and the four winds were about to blow, the merciful eye of Jesus gazed on the remnant that were not sealed, and He raised His hands to the Father and pleaded with Him that He had spilled His blood for them. Then another angel was commissioned to fly swiftly to the four angels and bid them hold, until the servants of God were sealed with the seal of the living God in their foreheads.” EWp.38

The calamities by land and sea, the unsettled state of society, the alarms of war, are portentous. They forecast approaching events of the greatest magnitude. The agencies of evil are combining their forces and consolidating. They are strengthening for the last great crisis. Great changes are soon to take place in our world, and the final movements will be rapid ones---9T 11 (1909)

In the great closing work we shall meet with perplexities that we know not how to deal with, but let us not forget that the three great Powers of heaven are working, that a divine hand is on the wheel, and that God will bring His purposes to pass,--Ev 65 (1902)

Re: Bay of Bengal - Quake and Flood #35963
12/31/04 03:27 AM
12/31/04 03:27 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
The death toll is now over 118,000 and rising. [Frown]

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!