HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,252 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
FIRST TOPIC - SABBATH REFORM IN LIGHT OF THE CROSS #36644
04/15/01 05:51 PM
04/15/01 05:51 PM
Vincent E MacIsaac  Offline OP
Eastern Canada, currently resi...
What a better way to open this Forum then to take a look at reasons why we keep Sabbath and how that effects how it should be kept.

To some this may feel perhaps, "basic" but I assure you it is not so. The Study of the Sabbath when correctly looked at in the light of the CROSS and SACRIFICE of JESUS is a huge study of which we could only hope to clip the corner of here in this forum.

Exodus 20
"Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates.
For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

To get directly to the heart of the Question. Why do we keep the Sabbath?

If a stranger or someone you where witnessing too flat out asked WHY DO YOU KEEP THE SABBATH? what would you say? How would you make you case to a skeptic?
If that same person claimed your reasons were legalistic how would you then respond?

Examine your reasons. Do you keep the Sabbath out of fear? Or out of wanting to make sure you have all you bases covered in God's corner? Does the Keeping of Sabbath in any way cause God to view your salvation in a different light then those whom don't? In other words is your Salvation a factor in keeping the Sabbath?

What exactly is the Relationship to what happened on the Cross and the Sabbath? Was it done way with as some claim? Why not? And how does this relate to the Sabbath being a sign?

Ezekiel 20
Also I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us, so they would know that I the LORD made them holy.

In light of all this how seriously should we take keeping the Sabbath?

Is it ok to watch TV on the Sabbath? What about going out to Sabbath Dinner with a friend at a restaurant? Or Running to the store for something we run out of? Should we use the Sabbath day as a day of travel? What about working of the Sabbath and causing other to work on the Sabbath by the deeds we do?

And even more important then what we should not do on Sabbath, What should we being doing? Is it a day where we sit at home looking at the clock for the minutes to pass way till sunset? How do we make it a special and meaningful day? How should we make the Sabbath a JOY for all in our families and in our homes?

I look forward to your thoughts, comments and views on this very important and exciting study this week!

------------------
~VINCE~ IN ~CHRIST~
SDA-TODAY moderator

This restless world is just illusion
All at once, there’s a message from above
This senseless world of mass confusion ....
In the name of love
There’s a message from above ... (Sammy Hagar 2000)

Re: FIRST TOPIC - SABBATH REFORM IN LIGHT OF THE CROSS #36645
04/15/01 08:09 PM
04/15/01 08:09 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
I'm not sure, exactly, what you are looking for, but will do my best.

Why do I keep the Sabbath?
Because of what Jesus did for me on that cross.
He stayed up there when all He had to do was call and more angels than we can count would have come and taken Him off it.

He died, so I can live.
How can you not love someone that did that for you?
Jesus said that if we love Him, we'll do as He asks us, best reason in the whole of creation I can think of.
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.

Love, that's why I keep the Sabbath, now.
There was a time when I did it out of a sense of duty, like I had to.
Now, I do it as a sign of my love for the One that loved me so much, He died for me.

Re: FIRST TOPIC - SABBATH REFORM IN LIGHT OF THE CROSS #36646
04/16/01 02:07 AM
04/16/01 02:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gerry Buck:
I'm not sure, exactly, what you are looking for, but will do my best...
Love, that's why I keep the Sabbath, now.
There was a time when I did it out of a sense of duty, like I had to.
Now, I do it as a sign of my love for the One that loved me so much, He died for me.

I think you do know what I am looking for. I was looking to hear about how love motivates us to do God's will with the Sabbath. Many people keep it for all kinds of reasons other then love.

I have read all kinds of books and heard piles of Sermons talking about the SABBATH that never touched the subject of love.
We will never win the world until we come to realize THE LOVE Jesus showed on the cross is the light we see all our doctrines with in (including Sabbath).

I'll go a step further and say, If you're keeping the Sabbath for any reason other then love you've got it all wrong.
I know, Because I like you Gerry, have kept it for the worng reasons before. Never Again! AMEN!

(ps. look for a more detailed reply to this topic from me very shortly)

------------------
~VINCE~ IN ~CHRIST~
SDA-TODAY moderator

In the name of love

Re: FIRST TOPIC - SABBATH REFORM IN LIGHT OF THE CROSS #36647
04/16/01 01:11 PM
04/16/01 01:11 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Intresting topic. I have noticed that how we treat the Sabbath, we also treat the Bible & SOP. How we treat Sabbath may be a barometer of how we will treat Jesus. The Sabbath may be the Golden Rule of how we regard and treat God and holy angels.

What door does the cross open, what door does the Sabbath open ? Both are flowing from Jesus's end time finishing up process to get all things ready for the sealing and Second Coming .

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: FIRST TOPIC - SABBATH REFORM IN LIGHT OF THE CROSS #36648
04/17/01 03:07 AM
04/17/01 03:07 AM
<<>>

We keep the Sabbath for alot of reasons. obligation, to be different from the world, so our other Sabbath Keeper friends will not look down on us, even because we feel it is the "right" thing to do.

However I'd like to suggest there is only one reason that we should be keeping this day. That reason is LOVE.

Because we have a LOVED based relationship with God.
We were trapped sinners doomed to death. Guilty on all points of the law. Unworthy and coming way short of the Glory of God. Trapped in sin and self bent on destruction of both self and others. In short we were hopeless and despondent.

Romans 3
23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Romans 6
23For the wages of sin is death

Yet HE Loved us so much that he sent his Son to die for us a cruel death on the Cross. So that we might live.
And that Salvation is a hundred percent free. It is a Gift paid in FULL. Complete!

Romans 6
23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

When we truly BELIEVE this it becomes easy to accept this and that it is indeed GOOD NEWS. Such Good news that our automatic response is to LOVE GOD back as He Creates in us a new heart!

I believe once you are in this Saving relationship with God, daily surrendering to Christ, He makes you into a new creator and the more you want to serve Him and love him for the wonders He is doing for you.

2 Corinthians 5
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Colossians 3
Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices
and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Keeping the Law is not a requirement to be "saved" or have Salvation. That is no matter how hard you try to keep the law it can't save you. The purpose of the Law is to be a mirror to reflect you need of JESUS who can both Save you and take your sin away and empower you to over come your sins as you walk with Him.

James 1
22But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.

Hence, you don't keep the law TO BE saved but rather BECAUSE YOU ARE Saved! And that my friends is all the difference in the world!

Once you understand your not saved by the law, then you can become a LOVER of the LAW! Why? Becuase the Law then brings you closer to JESUS by showing you your need for Him!

Romans 7
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."

Now back to the Sabbath. As God discloses his truths to you as you walk with Him, and as He brings people to share with you it becomes natural for the BORN AGAIN person to want to follow all things He convicts you of. It is a response of LOVE.

The Sabbath is a very special point in the law. It identifies God as your Creator, and your redeemer. It is God's SEAL or STAMP. And it meant to be a sign between His followers and Him.

Ezekiel 20
Also I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us, so they would know that I the LORD made them holy.
Notice something very important in this passage. If you look very carefully, this verse actually says it is a SIGN THAT SHOWS IT IS GOD WHO MAKES YOU HOLY! WHAT GOOD NEWS! The Sabbath when correctly understood and followed proclaims SALVATION and Sanctification are FROM GOD! In other words the Sabbath is to be a SIGN between those who understand it is CHRIST WHO IS OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS, who covers us with HIS robe, who gives us the free gift and makes us FIT through our walk with Him for heaven. NOT our own works! Our works are a REFLECTION of this saving Relationship not the other way around. Do you see why it is so important that we not keep this day for the wrong reason?

Faith with out works is dead! We have works only because we have a Faith based on LOVE.

Lets look at Hebrews. Hebrews chapter 3 and 4 makes a interesting case that we don't enter into the REST OF JESUS Because of our UNBELIEF. It is a HEART Problem that Keeps of from entering into the rest of JESUS (the rest from trying to be saved via works)

Hebrews 3
Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
The issue is a HEART problem!

Hebrews 3
18And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? 19So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Jesus meant what he said when he said believe and you are saved!

Acts 16
31So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Mark 16
16He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

Baptism in this case is the outward expression of the Belief. Faith without works is dead! But its is the FAITH that did the saving!

Hebrews 4 talks about just how clearly our Belief in Salvation being a free gift is tied into our Resting in Jesus and the SABBATH DAY REST.

Hebrews 4
So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.
For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His.
Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience
Hence Hebrew three and four explain just how it is that the Sabbath is a sign. Our resting on the Sabbath day shows we are resting in JESUS for our salvation (it is a sign that GOD makes us Holy as pointed out in Ezekiel 20:12). The rest of the literal Seventh day we do as Symbol of the LOVE God had from us that He saved us, AND Our new heart LOVE He gave us. We rest on seventh-day just like HE did in Creation.

Hence if we LOVE GOD we accept His free gift and rest in it for Salvation, and keep the law out of LOVE as HE empowers us. That is why Jesus could say...

John 14
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.

That is it for now. I will post more later. I want to talk later more about how we express this love in the act of how we keep the Sabbath.

------------------
~VINCE~ IN ~CHRIST~
SDA-TODAY moderator

In the name of love

Re: FIRST TOPIC - SABBATH REFORM IN LIGHT OF THE CROSS #36649
04/16/01 04:03 PM
04/16/01 04:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Edward F Sutton:
Intresting topic. I have noticed that how we treat the Sabbath, we also treat the Bible & SOP. How we treat Sabbath may be a barometer of how we will treat Jesus...
What door does the cross open, what door does the Sabbath open ?

They are all Heart Issues. If our Hearts are not right we can never keep the Sabbath right, Nor as you point out give proper respect to the bible or sop.

Ezekiel 20:12 points out the Sabbath is a sign of our experience of God making us Holy!

------------------
~VINCE~ IN ~CHRIST~
SDA-TODAY moderator

In the name of love

Re: FIRST TOPIC - SABBATH REFORM IN LIGHT OF THE CROSS #36650
04/17/01 01:01 PM
04/17/01 01:01 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Sanctification has many meanings to many people, but Biblically some of it's meanings include setting something or someone in a position for holy use. Also bringing someone into harmony with Divine plans or intents.

People bond in many ways. God has created a set of circumstances that allow people to bond with Him & vice versa.

A situation is needed that will put people into a physical & spiritual position for holy use. Sabbath is that universal situation that is built into a weekly time cycle all over the world. Human circumstances are all touched by time. Sabbath is Divinely tied to time.

The concept of Sabbath Keeping by it's nature is a basic part of harmonizing with God because He is the Creator.

Why do we keep Sabbath ?

Well a technical answer could include;
1. We got information about the Sabbath.
2. That information was used by God to convict us about Sabbath.
3. The various facets of that information create desire to keep the Sabbath, and hopefully be learning how.
4. You take action based on the information.

Nice & technical but dry and incomplete.

God breathed into your heart and revealed Himself through the Sabbath, and you found that by Sabbath Keeping according to His explanations, you could get closer to Him. So you do, and it bonds you & Him --- in a way that any other non Sabbath Keeping could not do. His presence is more there on Sabbath than any other time. During the week you have been building toward and preparing for Sabbath physically and spiritually and learning how to receive Him more & more.

Sabbath is maximal bonding time with potential Isaish ch 58 type outreach occuring prn. Because God always gets nearest the folks that need Him, and sometimes on Sabbath inorder to get close to Him you have to go where they are. Freebie volunteer of course.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: FIRST TOPIC - SABBATH REFORM IN LIGHT OF THE CROSS #36651
04/17/01 05:50 PM
04/17/01 05:50 PM
I'd like to continue my thoughts on Sabbath keeping in light of LOVE.

In my other post I pretty much covered with a number of scriptures Why it is the LOVE is the only true motive we should have for Sabbath Keeping. And it is this Love that God has had for us and instills in the BORN AGAIN new heart, that allows us to grow in grace and be made Holy by the power of God that the Sabbath is to be a sign of (Ezekiel20:12).

Now I want to zero in and look at how we keep that Sabbath if LOVE is our motive.

In the original topic this question was asked...

quote:
Originally posted by Vince:
In light of all this how seriously should we take keeping the Sabbath?
Is it ok to watch TV on the Sabbath? What about going out to Sabbath Dinner with a friend at a restaurant? Or Running to the store for something we run out of? Should we use the Sabbath day as a day of travel? What about working of the Sabbath and causing other to work on the Sabbath by the deeds we do? And even more important then what we should not do on Sabbath, What should we being doing? Is it a day where we sit at home looking at the clock for the minutes to pass way till sunset? How do we make it a special and meaningful day? How should we make the Sabbath a JOY for all in our families and in our homes?

Lets look at what it means to have love. Because only when we see what it means to have love can we understand how LOVE will empower us to act.

1 Corinthians 13
13And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Let us take a minute to compare perhaps one of the greatest chapters in the new testament to the Sabbath issue.

1 Corinthians 13
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

The point this scripture is making is that no matter how good you think you are if your not doing it in LOVE it is empty, week, and in vein.

My point is look at this verse in light of the Sabbath. Lets think this out brethren. Perhaps it could be said something like this...

Though I teach the lesson quarterly, but have not love, I have only read and spoke words. And though, I am the first person in the parking lot in the morning, and brought the biggest most healthily dish to the potluck, and understand the sermon with ease, but not do it in Love I am nothing. And though I bestow all kinds of moneys into the offering plate, and make lots of sacrifices from my busy life to keep the Sabbath day but do it not in love, IT PROFITS ME NOTHING!

Do you see my point my friends? God is NOT interested in our sacrifice if they are not done BECAUSE WE LOVE HIM. How many times over and over and over did He tell the Israelites in the old testament He desired not there Sacrifices without LOVE. Why do we make the same mistakes?

Hosea 6
6For I desire mercy and not sacrifice,
And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Malachi 1
6 "A son honors his father,
And a servant his master.
If then I am the Father,
Where is My honor?
And if I am a Master,
Where is My reverence?
Says the LORD of hosts
To you priests who despise My name.
Yet you say, "In what way have we despised Your name?'
7"You offer defiled food on My altar,
But say,
"In what way have we defiled You?'
By saying,
"The table of the LORD is contemptible.'
8And when you offer the blind as a sacrifice,
Is it not evil?
And when you offer the lame and sick,
Is it not evil?
Offer it then to your governor!
Would he be pleased with you?
Would he accept you favorably?"
Says the LORD of hosts.
9"But now entreat God's favor,
That He may be gracious to us.
While this is being done by your hands,
Will He accept you favorably?"
Says the LORD of hosts.
10"Who is there even among you who would shut the doors,
So that you would not kindle fire on My altar in vain?
I have no pleasure in you,"
Says the LORD of hosts,
"Nor will I accept an offering from your hands.
11For from the rising of the sun, even to its going down,
My name shall be great among the Gentiles;
In every place incense shall be offered to My name,
And a pure offering;
For My name shall be great among the nations,"
Says the LORD of hosts.
12"But you profane it,
In that you say,
"The table of the LORD is defiled;
And its fruit, its food, is contemptible.'

How does your love hold up to this? It is something to consider. It is something I try to keep my eye on, and my prayers tuned to. This is the measure of true love in the Bible. And I have to admit it is a tall measure. PRAISE THE LORD we are not saved by our Performance! BUT RATHER BY WHAT WAS CHRIST'S PERFORMANCE! Christ is OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS!

Still this passage exits as a mirror to us to let us know just were are relationship is in terms of love to our Savior. The more we find it lacking, the quicker we should run back to the ever loving and empowering arms of our savior! IT is HE who changes us and makes us more Holy, more like His Character and self, which is you haven't guessed folk is yes LOVE. See the circle?

Lets us look at this passage in light of the Sabbath issue we are discussing.

"Long suffering..."
Is our Love for God long suffering (like it says in the verse) on the Sabbath day? Or are we waiting for the minutes to pass until sunset? Do you long to spend every minute with your savior in Worship, study, prayer or fellowship? Or are you running about to the store for things you forgot before Sabbath, Going out to a restaurant, trying to find something that is kinda Sabbath like on TV.

"Love does not parade itself, is not puffed up....."
Are you proud and think yourself better then others because your a Sabbath keeper? Is there a hint of self righteousness in your heart as you drive through town and see all the non-Sabbath keepers going about there business.

"Does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth...."
Do you rejoice on the Sabbath? Is your heart full of love and praise. Do you sing out with all your heart in your pew, even if your voice is less then perfect. Is praise of what God have done for you all week on the tip of your lips to everyone you meet? Are you excited to get to church early to discuss the Sabbath School lesson, and hear a wonderful sermon? Do you look forward to rejoicing and fellowshipping with the brethren during the Pot luck? Are you excited to see what the Vespers or AY program will be like in the evening? Or are you full of complaints and criticisms about how so and so read the scripture, called for the offering, was dressed or gave special music.

"bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails...."
When your deeply honest with yourself, does your love for God and the way you express it bear all things, is it full of belief and hope, does it endure all things, and do you never fail Him on the Sabbath? That is the measure of love in Corinthians. Not Just for the Sabbath but in ALL THINGS. If your like me, I want to tell you there is GOOD NEWS. GOD CAN CHANGES US! When we Look to Jesus and see how short we are from His Holy mark QUICKLY turn and run to Him who makes PEOPLE HOLY.

Ezekiel 20
12Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the LORD who sanctifies them.

It is JESUS WHO sanctifies us that is MAKES US HOLY. He Creates in us a NEW HEART. And step by step leads us closer and closer into a more full and filled Loving relationship with Him while the whole time keeping us COVERED by His Wonderful Robe of Righteousness.

Revelation 3
18I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.

Revelation 3
5He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Revelation 6
11Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.

Revelation 7
9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

Revelation 7
14And I said to him, "Sir, you know."
So he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

I don't how your Sabbaths have been. Perhaps your doing fine, or perhaps God is calling you to love Him more and more as he discloses HIS love for you more and more. But I do know this much, you can't keep the Sabbath to become HOLY. That is a losing game. Don't bother fooling yourself. It is GOD who Changes you when you CHOOSE to BELIEVE He can and will. So rather the keeping the Sabbath to become Holy why not Keep it this week because you know in your heart God is in the midst of making you Holy because of HIS love for you. And when He loves you and you Believe in that Love He creates in you a new heart. A heart that loves the law, Which is the express character of GOD who is LOVE.

May God Bless and keep you!

------------------
~VINCE~ IN ~CHRIST~
SDA-TODAY moderator

In the name of love

Re: FIRST TOPIC - SABBATH REFORM IN LIGHT OF THE CROSS #36652
04/18/01 01:01 PM
04/18/01 01:01 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
Too often we concentrate on what we can't do rather than what we should do.

Jesus main beef with the leaders of His day was that they had placed so many prohibitions on the day, it was a burden rather than a delight.

I think we do the same today.

You can't do this, you can't go here, that isn't allowed on Sabbath... how about looking at some of the 'delights' that are built into the day?
Like service to shut-ins, a visit, a call or taking a meal over to them on Sabbath.

I'm not saying cook it, but have it ready and take it over to them.

How about visiting with members of your church family, discussing the bible ( I know we have to be careful, it can degenerate into a 'I had a tough week' sort of thing).
But, surely, there are things we can do that honors the spirit of the Sabbath?

------------------
Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try my reins and my heart. Ps.26:2

Re: FIRST TOPIC - SABBATH REFORM IN LIGHT OF THE CROSS #36653
04/18/01 02:48 PM
04/18/01 02:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gerry Buck:
Too often we concentrate on what we [b]can't do rather than what we should do.

Jesus main beef with the leaders of His day was that they had placed so many prohibitions on the day, it was a burden rather than a delight.

I think we do the same today.

You can't do this, you can't go here, that isn't allowed on Sabbath... how about looking at some of the 'delights' that are built into the day?
Like service to shut-ins, a visit, a call or taking a meal over to them on Sabbath.

I'm not saying cook it, but have it ready and take it over to them.

How about visiting with members of your church family, discussing the bible ( I know we have to be careful, it can degenerate into a 'I had a tough week' sort of thing).
But, surely, there are things we can do that honors the spirit of the Sabbath?

[/B]

What can I say?

AMEN!
AMEN!
AMEN!
AMEN!
AMEN!

This is the kind of attitude that springs forth form a loving realtionship with Jesus!

Gerry, I hope you are never afarid to get up on your soap box and preach this postion! It can only help people!

again...

AMEN!
AMEN!
AMEN!
AMEN!

------------------
~VINCE~ IN ~CHRIST~
SDA-TODAY moderator

In the name of love

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!