A Scripture that most of us are familiar with is found in:

Rev 12:7-9 ,17

And here we find a controversy between God and Satan in heaven, God's people and ultimately Jesus on earth, , and NOW those who are living in "the time of the end"-US!

Isaiah 11:16 "And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt."

We talk about the dual applications of Scripture in the Holy Word of God, and we find there are at least 2 interpretations...one literal, and the other symbolic .

Egypt, while being a literal place, and usually described in the Bible as a land which opposed God's people, is also used , I believe, to describe what conditions will be like just before Jesus returns.

The Bible tells us, that while there is a literal group of people called "Israel", there are also "spiritual Israelites" Galatians 3:26-29
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

When the gospel should be publicly preached, the Gentiles would seek Christ Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, and find rest of soul. When God's time is come for the deliverance of his people, mountains of opposition shall become plains before him. God can soon turn gloomy days into glorious ones. We expect the Lord to gather all His people, and bring them home to his church, also to bring in the fulness of the Gentiles, when all will be united in holy love, let us tread the highway of holiness he has made for his redeemed. Let us wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life, looking to him to prepare our way through death, that river which separates this world from the eternal world.

In the book of Exodus , we read the story of Moses---

Moses is born, and exposed on the river. He is found, and brought up by Pharaoh's daughter. Moses slays an Egyptian, and flees to Midian. Moses marries the daughter of Jethro. God hears the Israelites. Observe the order of Providence: just at the time when Pharaoh's cruelty rose to its height by ordering the Hebrew children to be drowned, the deliverer was born.
(Ex. 3:1-7,9-10)

When men are contriving the ruin of the church, God is preparing for its salvation. The parents of Moses saw he was a goodly child. A lively faith can take encouragement from the least hint of the Divine favour. It is said, Heb 11:23, that the parents of Moses hid him by faith; they had the promise that Israel should be preserved, which they relied upon. Faith in God's promise quickens to the use of lawful means for obtaining mercy. Duty is ours, events are God's. Faith in God will set us above the fear of man.

Moses loved to be doing justice, and to act in defence of such as he saw injured, which every man ought to do, as far as it is in his power. He loved to be doing good; wherever the providence of God casts us, we should desire and try to be useful; and when we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can.

The Israelites' bondage in Egypt continued, though the murdering of their infants did not continue. Sometimes the Lord suffers the rod of the wicked to lie very long and very heavy on the lot of the righteous. At last the Israelites began to think of God under their troubles.

It is a sign that the Lord is coming towards us with deliverance, when he inclines and enables us to cry to him for it. God heard their groaning; he made it to appear that he took notice of their complaints. He remembered his covenant, of which he is ever mindful. He considered this, and not any merit of theirs. He looked upon the children of Israel.

Moses looked upon them, and pitied them; but now God looked upon them, and helped them. He had respect unto them. His eyes are now fixed upon Israel, to show himself in their behalf. God is ever thus, a very present help in trouble. Take courage then, ye who, conscious of guilt and thraldom, are looking to Him for deliverance. God in Christ Jesus is also looking upon you. A call of love is joined with a promise of the Redeemer. " Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest," Matt 11:28|.

There's a song that goes like this!

"Go down Moses, Way down in Egypt land,
Tell ole Pharaoh- Let My people go.

Israel was in Egypt land,
Let My people go
Oppressed so hard,they could not stand,
Let My people go

Go down Moses, Way down in Egypt land,
Tell ole Pharaoh- Let My people go!"

#1- in Sin.
And Jesus , the Bible tells us, came to planet earth to free His people from the snares of Satan. Matthew 1:21"Jesus came to save His people FROM their sins."

And in Luke 4:16-18 , we read these words " And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised".

#2. Satan has held God's people in bondage through death.
And Jesus said , I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: John 11:25

Two weeks ago , I had the privilege of participating in a funeral service for an elderly lady, who once had been a member of our congregation.

Over the many years , I have noticed there are three things that the older generation , who have trusted in the Lord , hold in common:

#1. These folk have a"peace that passes all underastanding." Phil.4:7

This peace of God, the comfortable sense of being reconciled to God, AND having a part in His favor with the hope of eternal life- THIS PEACE keeps their hearts and minds in Jesus Christ!

This SAME PEACE will keep us from sinning under troubles, AND from sinking under them. This PEACE WILL KEEP US CALM AND GIVE US inward SATISFACTION IN "knowing in whom we have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."(2 Timothy 1:12)

The way to have the God of peace within us, is to keep close to Him. Philippians 4:13 says "I can do ALL things through Christ who strenghens me."

Those who" die in the Lord " have a peace in the knowledge and hope that the Lord God will do what He has promised.
Revelation 14:13 says " And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed [are] the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works {do} follow them."

And we also have the promise that is recorded in James 2:5 " Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath {promised} to them that love him?"

#2. These saints have ASSURANCE- an absolute and complete confidence in God- the One they have served and loved over the years of their lives!

Often times, when visiting aged and infirm saints, I have had the pleasure of hearing them quoting Bible promises...promises that give ME the meaning of SALVATION, events leading up to Jesus Second Coming, and the HOPE OF A RESURRECTION!

All our privileges and salvation arise in the free mercy of God; yet the enjoyment of such depends upon our sincere and holy conduct.
Matthew 7:20 reminds us "By their fruit ye shall know them".

Those saints who "have walked with God all their lives" love to sing, and have a "song in their hearts".
1 Chronicles 16:8-9 "Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
9 Sing unto him, {sing psalms} unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works."

God's people are NOT afraid to talk about Jesus- their
BEST Friend and Saviour, to those who know and visited wih them!

#3 These saints have A SATISFACTION! A satisfaction in knowing Jesus as their personal Saviour. A satisfaction in knowing that Jesus loved them and would see them through the rough times. And even though they may walk through the shadow of death, they know that Jesus would be right there with them.

Clothed with Christ's righteousness, having through His grace, a good heart and a good life, many saints of old been able to say Psalms 91:16 "With long life will I {satisfy} him, and shew him my salvation."

In 2 Cor.3:18, we read these words:
" But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord."

The condition of those who enjoy and believe the Gospel, is one of HAPPINESS- for the heart is set at liberty to run the ways of God's commandments. These people have light and with open face will behold the glory of God.

We behold Christ, as in the Glass of His Word; and as the reflection of a mirror causes the face to shine, the faces of Christians shine also.

Many of the older saints have another promise, but will have to wait for the resurrection morning in order for it to be fulfilled.Psalms 17:15
"As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness."

I believe God's people have the satisfaction of KNOWING that they lived a good life for God, that they indeed, have "fought a good fight , and finished the course" knowing in their heart that God has laid up for them "a crown of righteousness."

In life, God's people are to be living witnesses to the reality of a SOON-COMING SAVIOUR, and the assurance of ETERNAL LIFE!

Jesus should mean everything to us....THE Jesus who died on the cross, and made salvation possible for everyone....And anyone who has an interest in Jesus will be accepted BY Him through open arms!

Some day SOON, Jesus will come ...BLAZING down through the clouds in the sky with MILLIONS OF ANGELS.

"Come down Jesus, come down to Planet Earth
Tell ole Satan, It's time to let My people go!

And Jesus will declare to Satan, and his evil host...Let MY people go!

"My people are in Egypt land,
Let My people go!

My people are in Satan's land,
Let My people go
Oppressed so hard,they can not stand,
Let My people go

Come down Jesus, Way down on Planet earth
Tell ole Satan- It's TIME to let My people go!"

The Bible describes this Coming "like lightning flashing from east to west" (Matt.24:27): The sky will be alight with Jesus Coming and the angels descending.

The graves will be bursting open. Those who have fallen asleep in Jesus will rise up- they will be given NEW BODIES AND ETERNAL LIFE.

And in that time Scripture will be fulfilled!

I'd like to invite you to turn in your Bibles to
1 Corinthians 15:51-55

Friends! There will be no more death, nor sorrow,nor suffering...NO MORE SICKNESS of any kind!

AND 1 Thessalonians 4:17, states "Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

WHAT AN EXPERIENCE to see Jesus, and to hear His Words- ", Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." (Matthew 25:23)

Friends!
Is there anything that this world has to offer, that would be of a greater value, than being with those we love who have been resurrected and meeting with Jesus on THAT DAY?

I don't think that any of us would admit that THIS WORLD has anything to offer...COMPARED to the eternal life that Jesus has prepared for those who love Him.

In 2 Peter, we read these words, (2 Peter 1:10) "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:"

MY PRAYER for each one here TODAY is:

That not one person will be missing on that great REUNION DAY......The day when Jesus will come, and gather His people and take them home with Him.

John 14:1-3

As the Song oges:
" Let not your heart be troubled:
Ye believe in God, and in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions:
I go to prepare a place for you.

The Lord is coming ! Are you ready?
The Lord is coming! Are you ready?
Would your heart be right, if He came tonite?
The Lord is coming! Are you ready?

What a day that will be!
Yes, indeed, Jesus IS COMING and WE, who love and serve Him, will be going Home with Him.

What must it be to step on shore, and find it-heaven;
To take hold of a hand, and find it- God's hand!
To breathe a new air, and find it- Celestial air;
To feel invigorated, and find it- Immortality;
To rise from the care and turmoil of earth
Into one unbroken calm;
To wake up and find it- GLORY!

Revelation 21:1-7 Let's read it together , if you have the KJV.
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

May Our God and Saviour, through the power of the Holy Spirit be with you all!

AMEN!

[This message has been edited by Karen (edited November 03, 2001).]